Forums

Topic: Recommended 3DS VC titles

Posts 161 to 180 of 243

Noob_The_Third

GuardianKing wrote:

Is Sonic Triple Trouble worth it? (I want to fill my urge for Sonic.)

I think it's pretty worth it. you're mainly just running around and there's not much bad guys in your way but the bosses are fun and there are three acts in each part and the boss is on the third part.

RR529

IGN's August eShop recommendations are in!

Get:

• Toki Tori

Consider:

• 3D Solitaire
  • SpeedX 3D

Don't Get:

• Touch Battle Tank 3D
  • Crazy Chicken Pirates 3D
  • VectorRacing

(they didn't give their opinion on Outdoors Unleashed: Africa 3D. No reason given).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

GamecubeMan

Should I get Metriod for NES or Gameboy I'm thinking NES because of color

GCN 3.9
Gamecubeloggery
Forget the Nintendo seal of approval
My

3DS Friend Code: 1934-1104-3407 | Twitter:

RetroGBHippie92

@GamecubeMan Both! They are my favorite metroid games actually, I don't know whether you'll like them but I love them just as much as the newer entries in the series.

My Nintendo Network ID: NinLiferOMB
Currently Playing: Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates To Infinity (3DS) The Denpa Men 2: Beyond The Waves (eShop)
My Backloggery
3DS FC: 2320 6151 3634
Email me at [email protected]...

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6151-3634 | Nintendo Network ID: NinLiferOMB

RR529

@GamecubeMan, they're both well worth a purchase, but if you absolutely have to choose, go for Metroid II (especially if you're new to the series, or have only played the recent games).

While it lacks color, it has more detail (due to the closer camera angle, and due to the fact that the lack of color forced them to be more creative in design). It is more linear than the first, but if you're new to the series, I'd say that's a good thing (there still is a significant amount of that classic Metroid exploration though. If you can get through Metroid II without much trouble, then you'd be ready for the original).

The original is better in terms of replay value (you get all your powerups from the start on a second run, except for health and missle upgrades), but if you're just going to play it through once, that probably won't be a big incentive.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

SammyOfMobius

I know Sakura Samurai is off topic, but should I get Sakura Samurai or Toki Tori and Game & Watch Gallery 2 with my eShop money?

Games I'm playing currently: Legend of Zelda: A Link Betweeen Worlds, Tearaway
Games I'm excited for: Super Mario 3D World, Super Smash Bros. 4, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Mario Kart 8
3DS Friend Code: 1719-3467-7677
Nintendo Network ID: SupaSamiStar14

RR529

^Sakura Samurai.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

RR529

IGN's September eShop overview is in.

Get it:

• Fractured Soul
  • The Denpa Men: They Came by Wave

Consider it:

• Quarth
  • Balloon Pop Remix

Don't Get it:

• Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon
  • Rising Board 3D

Not Mentioned:

• Heavy Fire: Special Operations 3D
  • Hitori by Nikoli
  • Heyawake by Nikoli

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

Hokori

I recommend Denpa men, but as for VC IDK if Mario Golf GB will be worth it or not

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
W...

RR529

DarkCoolEdge wrote:

How long is Sword of hope? Thanks

15-20 hours, depending. Link's Awakening is the only other VC game with that kind of length, with maybe Donkey Kong '94 & Mario's Picross right behind.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

DarkCoolEdge

RR529 wrote:

DarkCoolEdge wrote:

How long is Sword of hope? Thanks

15-20 hours, depending. Link's Awakening is the only other VC game with that kind of length, with maybe Donkey Kong '94 & Mario's Picross right behind.

Oh, that's too bad. I was hoping 10h. Being so long I'll just keep playing the unfinished ds games I've got. I might buy it when I'm done with them, which is not gonna be soon (DQVI, FFIV, Radiant Historia, Fire Emblem and Golden Sun 3).

Thanks.

Currently playing: check my backloggery
http://www.backloggery.com/DarkCoolEdge

3DS Friend Code: 3265-5151-4824 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkCoolEdge | Twitter:

RainbowCrasher

Hey guys, I am spending 30 euros on retro (i only have mario land ii, which felt boring) So what do I get??

"Tis a lie! Thy backside is whole and ungobbled, thou ungrateful whelp!"

RR529

@RainbowCrasher, It depends on what genrés you like, but I'd say Metroid II (GB), LoZ: Link's Awakening DX (GBC), the Sword of Hope II (GB), Mario's Picross (GB), Gargoyle's Quest (GB), Mega Man: DWR (GB), & Donkey Kong (GB) are the best experiences I've had with 3DS VC.

LoZ: Link's Awakening, Metroid II, & the Sword of Hope II being the absolute best, IMO.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

RR529

DarkCoolEdge wrote:

I would add super mario land 2 and wario land.

He already has SML2, and said he thought it was boring (which is why I didn't recommend the other Mario Land games).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

Hokori

I just got Twinbee and I like it better then Xevious due to how easy it is compared to the xevious

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
W...

RainbowCrasher

ill probs get wario land ii, links awakening and donkey kong, as well as catrap, toki tori and mole mania. Is Mighty bomb jack or blaster master any good.

"Tis a lie! Thy backside is whole and ungobbled, thou ungrateful whelp!"

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.