Forums

Topic: Recommended 3DS VC titles

Posts 121 to 140 of 243

Geonjaha

Knux wrote:

TheConsiglio wrote:

Should I get any Kirby VC and if I should, Which ones?

All of them.

Haha - No. Dont do that.
Get 3D Classics: Kirby's Adventure and/or Kirby's Dream Land 2 for a good Kirby game.
Dream Land 1 doesnt have abilities and is very short - not worth it compared to the other 2 (unless you haz teh nostalgia).
Get Kirby's Block Ball if you enjoy Breakout style games (such as Alleyway) as it's very good at what it aims to be.
Skip Kirby's Pinball Land (unless you haz teh nostalgia) as it's too short, the bosses are forgettable, and there are better Pinball games out there.

Edited on by Geonjaha

Geonjaha

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6645-7215

TheConsiglio

Thanks, Got Block Ball And 3D: Classics Kirby's Adventure.

Just a nintendo fan who found his way to this site.
3DS FRIEND CODE: 4725-8421-9790

I am a trusted gamer who never cheats.

Twitter: @Kyle Consiglio

TheConsiglio

Wondering about Dreamland 1 or Pinball Land.

Geonjaha

TheConsiglio wrote:

Wondering about Dreamland 1 or Pinball Land.

If you'd still like more Kirby games then I'd recommend Dream Land 2 before those two, but of course it's all up to you.
Some people enjoy Pinball Land quite a bit, and if you want a cheap 3DS pinball experience it can still deliver, you just might get bored of it quickly.
Instead of Dream Land 1 I'd recommend getting Trip World if you're still looking for a similar experience. Cute, innovative platformer which (despite also being short) feels a lot more original.

Geonjaha

TheConsiglio

Okay I got a List of VC titles I have and I want to know If there are any I don't have that are worth purchasing.

P.S.: I count 3D Classics and I live in North America.

List Of 3DS VC Titles:

1. 3D Classics: Kid Icarus
2. 3D Classics: Kirby's Adventure
3. 3D Classics: Urban Champion
4. Super Mario Bros.
5. The Legend Of Zelda
6. Super Mario Land
7. Dragon Crystal
8. Ghosts N' Goblins Gargoyle's Quest
9. Radar Mission
10. Mega Man: Dr. Wily's Revenge
11. Metroid 2: Return Of Samus
12. The G.G. Shinobi
13. BIONIC COMMANDO
14. Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins
15. Donkey Kong 94'
16. Sonic The Hedgehog: Triple Trouble
17. Mario's Picross
18. Kirby's Block Ball
19. Game And Watch Gallery 1
20. The Legend Of Zelda: Link's Awakening DX
21. Sword Of Hope 2
22. Game And Watch Gallery 2
23. Adventure Island
24. Kirby's Dreamland 1
25. Kirby's Pinball Land.

Edited on by TheConsiglio

Geonjaha

I'd say you pretty much have the best on offer at the moment - but a few suggestions none the less incoming.
1) Sword of Hope 2 - Only true RPG on the VC at the moment, and it's very good.
2) Game and Watch Gallery 2 - IF you enjoyed the first one, you should probably get this one (especially since it has 2 more games and is in colour for the same price). If you got bored of the first one easily I'd say stay clear.
3) Adventure Island - Awesome platformer. The sequel is better, but for the moment it's nowhere to be seen, and this is a good platformer for the lower price point.
4) Wario Land - I'm not a fan myself, but it's probably worth establishing whether you like this or not since 2 and 3 will be coming out in the future.

I'd recommend checking out videos and screenshots of the gameplay of all of them first of course.

Edited on by Geonjaha

Geonjaha

KingMike

Nintenbro wrote:

I'd say, either Kirby's Dreamland or 3D Classic Kirby's Adventure. Kirby's Dreamland 2 is supposedly much better than the first.

Yes, DL2 is a bigger and longer game. It was the first to feature rideable friends for Kirby.
Actually, Kirby didn't even get his distinctive "copy" abilities until Kirby's Adventure, his second game, after Dream Land.

KingMike

TheConsiglio

You guys think Double Dragon GB is a good buy?

kkslider5552000

Dreamland 1 isn't as awesome as 2 or Adventure but it's like Mario Land. A short and great and replayable little game that doesn't need to be anything else.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

RetrogamerFan

@The Consiglio.
From your earlier post (#128). I'd reccomend 3D Classics: Xevious. Very old-school gameplay so may not be to everyone's taste. I found it very intense and a good high score attack game.
Also for GB, since you have a few platformers, you might want to try Avenging Spirit, the swapping bodies mechanic is really interesting, some of the differrent forms have really different abilities adding a bit of variety and strategy.
(#131). Double Dragon is not that good, you can get through most of the game very quickly, then the last level hits you with some really cheap deaths. The moving platform areas and the final boss for example (I had to use restore points to finish). I'm also sure there's a bug in level two where you just seem to drop through the floor, although it's easy to remember to jump once you know where it is.

RetrogamerFan

Nintenbro

Which VC title should be my priority, Kid Icarus: Of Myths and Monsters or Mega Man: Dr. Willy's Revenge?

Edited on by Nintenbro

Nintendo Bro
3DS FC: 3222-6658-7489

Currently waiting for Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon & Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate

GumbyX84

Nintenbro wrote:

Which VC title should be my priority, Kid Icarus: Of Myths and Monsters or Mega Man: Dr. Willy's Revenge?

I say get KI: oMaM. It has a lot of improvements over the original that make it more enjoyable IMO. While i love Megaman, for some reason the GB releases never sat well with me. They aren't bad games. Maybe I'm just too used to playing them on the home consoles. I would recommend getting MM V if it is ever released as it has an original storyline and bosses. It is also very rare so VC is probably the only responsible way to play it.

DSL and DSi XL
Now proud owner of 3DS

KingMike

I thought about getting Dr. Wily's Revenge even though I have an original copy.
But then I decided I'd rather wait and see if the NES Mega Man gets released on VC, before deciding what Mega Man to put on my 3DS.
Then I can practice fighting the Yellow Devil while sitting on the can, like he deserves!
... or theoretically, anywhere else.

KingMike

Geonjaha

Nintenbro wrote:

I'd say Mega Man. Despite the fact that it's not as good as its GB sequels or the NES counterpart - it's still very fun. Kid Icarus still holds many problems the original did and the 'improvements' are debatable.

Geonjaha

Chrono_Cross

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Dreamland 1 isn't as awesome as 2 or Adventure but it's like Mario Land. A short and great and replayable little game that doesn't need to be anything else.

Kirby Dream Land is nothing like that pile of cr*p excuse of a Mario game.

Edited on by Chrono_Cross

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

RR529

Nintenbro wrote:

I say get Mega Man: DWR. I found it insanely fun, and have played through it about 3 times now. If you enjoy boss fights, you'll love this, as there are more bosses than levels! (I haven't played any other MM games, though).

As for KI:oMaM, it's fun, but if you've played the first KI, there's no reason to rush to get this. It's like they just took KI, dumbed down the difficulty (which you may or may not like), slapped on a different set of bosses, and called it a day (it seems like a very un-Nintindo like effort went into it's creativity).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

RR529

IGN's July Recommendations are in (also posted in the eShop Recommendations thread).

Get:

• Wario Land: Super Mario Land 3
  • Mole Mania
  • Kid Icarus: of Myths and Monsters
  • Johnny Kung Fu
  • the Legend of Zelda

Consider:

• Dot Runner: Complete Edition
  • Tumblepop
  • Kirby's Pinball Land
  • the Sword of Hope II
  • NES Open Tournament Golf
  • Family Tennis 3D

Avoid:

• Planet Crashers
  • the Phantom Thief Stina & the 30 Jewels
  • Sweet Memories Blackjack
  • Masyu by Nikoli

The glowing recommendation for Johnny Kung Fu came as a surprise to me.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

MrArcade

This is kinda random, but there should be Atari Lynx games for the Virtual Console.

MrArcade

steveex

What does everyone think about Metroid II. I keep coming close to buying it, but the lack of a map keeps turning me off it. I really enjoyed the Prime trilogy and Fusion, Other M was good when you look past its flaws, but I hated the original NES version, and I'm worried Metroid II is too much like the NES version.

3DS Friend Code: 1934-0644-8202

RR529

steveex wrote:

What does everyone think about Metroid II. I keep coming close to buying it, but the lack of a map keeps turning me off it. I really enjoyed the Prime trilogy and Fusion, Other M was good when you look past its flaws, but I hated the original NES version, and I'm worried Metroid II is too much like the NES version.

[/div]

Metroid II is one of the best VC games out there. While it has no map, the world is much more linear than the first Metroid. There are some areas that might be a little confusing, but nothing like the first game. Highly recommended!

EDIT:
SI
I
MIM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I
IM
I
MI
I
IM
I
MI

This isn't an exact replica of the world, but it makes it easier to explain. "S" is the starting point, "I" is a large central shaft, "M" are maze-like areas that house Metroids, and "~" is lava (which prevents you from moving any lower.

You must first kill all of the Metroids in an "M", then there will be an earthquake and the lava will lower so you can reach the next "M". Rinse, wash, and repeat until you work your way to the bottom and kill the Queen Metroid. The game will try to throw you off once (the earthquake will open up space in a previous "M" instead of lowering the lava), but that wasn't much of a problem.

Edited on by RR529

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.