Forums

Topic: Pokemon on VC?

Posts 141 to 160 of 169

nf_2

arronishere wrote:

nf_2 wrote:

The only one that really gets me is how they came up with Dragon, especially with Ice being the type that it's weak to.

Well dragons are sort of dinosaurs and the ice age wiped them out.

I guess this makes sense.

Still doesn't explain how Dragon resists Fire, Water, Grass, and Electric.

nf_2

3DS Friend Code: 0774-4745-0158 | Nintendo Network ID: Sajak19

jump

I find ground being effective against poison odd as that poison damages the earth as well as bugs being effective against psychics, why would Mewtwo fear a Butterfree?!?!

I have figured out why fighting is good against rock and ice though as you see karate monks slicing slabs with their fists.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

DefHalan

arronishere wrote:

I find ground being effective against poison odd as that poison damages the earth as well as bugs being effective against psychics, why would Mewtwo fear a Butterfree?!?!

I have figured out why fighting is good against rock and ice though as you see karate monks slicing slabs with their fists.

I think the thought process is, the Ground can absorb a small amount of Poison without being damaging to the Earth, and a Bug's mind cannot be read by Psychics. That is what I always thought.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Eel

The popular explanation is that bugs, being a common source of fear for us (like ghosts and the dark) would break their concentration.

After all, using your brain is hard when you're having a panic attack.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

nf_2

Morpheel wrote:

The popular explanation is that bugs, being a common source of fear for us (like ghosts and the dark) would break their concentration.

After all, using your brain is hard when you're having a panic attack.

Yup, the fear/phobia explanation is definitely it.

Ground > Poison is one that isn't exactly clear. My guess is that the Earth has a way of removing waste from itself over time.

nf_2

3DS Friend Code: 0774-4745-0158 | Nintendo Network ID: Sajak19

LzWinky

Explain Psychic vs. Poison...

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

DefHalan

@LztheQuack: A Psychic person would be able to tell if something is poisonous before hand???
@IceClimbers: The harsh reality (Steel) destroys the fantasy (Fairy)???

Edited on by DefHalan

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Eel

In folklore tales, iron was believed to have the power to repel fairies, among other things.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ColdIron

About poison vs psychic: it is widely believed that the human mind is strong enough to heal diseases without the use of medication. Have you ever heard of the placebo effect?

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

MonocledMetroid

@LztheQuack: They don't have to worry about making physical contact and thus there's no worry of being contaminated. Alternatively, psychokinesis is used to alter the physiology of the poison-types so they at least temporarily lost the natural immunity to their own toxins.

MonocledMetroid

LzWinky

IceClimbers wrote:

@LztheQuack: How about Steel vs Fairy?

Coldiron can repel fai...er...ninja'd

Here are some more match up mysteries:

1. Why isn't water weak to ice due to freezing?
2. Why isn't fire weak to ice since ice can melt and still hurt the fire?

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

jump

LztheQuack wrote:

IceClimbers wrote:

@LztheQuack: How about Steel vs Fairy?

Coldiron can repel fai...er...ninja'd

Here are some more match up mysteries:

1. Why isn't water weak to ice due to freezing?
2. Why isn't fire weak to ice since ice can melt and still hurt the fire?

When ice melt its no longer ice is my guess.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

KingMike

arronishere wrote:

I think like more along the line of computer bugs. They sneak in there and ruin stuff.
The ice not effective on fire thing does make sense.

I guess people are just used to Final Fantasy, where fire and ice are opposing elements. Due to water being of the lesser used (if at all) elements.

I don't know if it's just with TPP, but it seems to be a common enough misbelief that Ice is super-effective on Rock or Bug (it's actually neutral on both).
But I suppose it's not common enough they'd think to change it (making ice SE on bug could make sense, as bugs usually don't stay around in cold weather). Mistaking Ice vs Rock though, is probably just because Ground and Rock are so commonly used together that people mix them up. (I had for awhile thought Psychic was SE on Ghost due to the most common/only Ghost in early games being the Ghost/Poison Gastly line)

KingMike

Sisilly_G

Morpheel wrote:

About poison vs psychic: it is widely believed that the human mind is strong enough to heal diseases without the use of medication. Have you ever heard of the placebo effect?

That is actually a pretty logical explanation that never really occurred to me.

"Gee, that's really persuasive. Do you have any actual points to make other than to essentially say 'me Tarzan, physical bad, digital good'?"

Switch Friend Code: SW-1910-7582-3323

Bass_X0

We now have the two different versions of the Mega Man Battle Network 3 & 4 and Medabots on Wii U VC. Clearly not being able to complete the game 100% is not a issue. I wouldn't be surprised if we got Fire Red / Leaf Green on Wii U.

Edited on by Bass_X0

Edgey, Gumshoe, Godot, Sissel, Larry, then Mia, Franziska, Maggie, Kay and Lynne.

I'm throwing my money at the screen but nothing happens!

Eel

I think the main issue is that if they were added to the VC, you'd be able to buy the games for 5-12 dollars each (and that would devaluate the brand, the horror!).

They'd probably prefer to save them to make remakes and sell them for full price.

Bloop.

KingMike

Maybe, depends if GameFreak makes a 20th anniversary remake like some are predicting. (though with the anime announcement, a Z version game is all but confirmed)

KingMike

komodo182

Personally, I would love all three gen 1 and gen 2 (originals, not remakes) games plus both stadiums for n64 to be released. Would rather it on the wii u, but would accept it on the 3ds. (Even better if they were released on both and you could sync them between each other).
Even if the gameboy games only went for $5 a piece, I am sure a lot of folks would be buying all 6 gb games. Many of them would also pick up the stadium games at $10 a pop. So that's an easy $50 right there that many people would spend in a heartbeat.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6361-0099-3716

nuts

It would be pretty awesome for the 20th ani. if they relesed all the gba and ds pokemon games on the Wii U Virtual Console, All the gb, gbc pokemon games on the 3ds Virtual console and having it 1-way copadible with pokebank so you can transfer your pokemon to the current gens

Id just be playing Pokemon White on my TV

nuts

Nintendo Network ID: nuts

MarkyVigoroth

Yeahman wrote:

It would be pretty awesome for the 20th ani. if they relesed all the gba and ds pokemon games on the Wii U Virtual Console, All the gb, gbc pokemon games on the 3ds Virtual console and having it 1-way copadible with pokebank so you can transfer your pokemon to the current gens

Id just be playing Pokemon White on my TV

Except the Pokebank thing (because I think Pokebank is optimised towards the 6th generation), I believe that that is feasible... though Generation 5, despite the shutting down of Dream Link, would be really pushing things.

Een so, despite the inherent need of trading between versions of the games, the old Pokemon games have such profitability and have such a rich 1-player mode, the games being released would be worth the lost multi-player functionality. (Pokedex-wise, the first 2 generations can glitch out the needed Pokemon, anyways.)

Edited on by MarkyVigoroth

Actually, I like Bowser AND hairy bellies!

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.