3DS Virtual Console Forum

Topic: Pokemon on VC?

Showing 1 to 20 of 86

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Usagi-san

1. Posted:

Does anybody know if there has been any official word regarding plans to release Pokemon red/blue on the Virtual Console?
Pokemon was a pretty popular game on the gameboy and it seems like an obvious choice but has there been any indication from Nintendo or Game Freak that this is going to happen in the future?

"I never swear, my lord, I say yes or no; and, as I am a gentleman, I keep my word." - D'artagnan in Twenty Years After

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Retro_on_theGo

2. Posted:

No there hasn't.

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage
Avatar

shingi_70

3. Posted:

Would love to play the originals again. They might even go the snap route and do a minor edit for online play or something,

Also want to see Pokemon: tcg game and puzzle league challenge.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Morpheel

4. Posted:

I don't mind if they don't add multiplayer, but (if they do release them) they MUST let me play Pokemon Blue in shades of Blue. Like I played it in the old times. None of that green or b&w stuff, BLUE with red sprites here and there.

Edited on by Morpheel

Oops, no username pun.

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

AuthorMessage
Avatar

shingi_70

5. Posted:

Morpheel wrote:

I don't mind if they don't add multiplayer, but (if they do release them) they MUST let me play Pokemon Blue in shades of Blue. Like I played it in the old times. None of that green or b&w stuff, BLUE with red sprites here and there.

Wasn't that only a mode for when playing on the gameboy color?

Also wonder how they will release them?

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Aqueous

6. Posted:

I hope they come, better yet make them double or triple downloads were you get red and blue, perhaps even yellow too all bundled up under a single download, then you get a few files, the difference being a few pokemon and then if trading and battling comes someday it would be easy to find someone with the other pokemon.

Also under 3ds vc there was an article about metroid 2 and super mario land 2 coming to 3ds vc and someone posted that they asked Nintendo about 3ds vc gameboy colour games coming and they said that they were told the oracle zelda games and pokemon crystal were going through being rated or where , don't know if it was the truth but hopefully for it would suggest that the first 6 pokemon games were coming.

Edited on by Aqueous

[21:36] BadKitty: I see people are excited to play as LJM xD
[21:38] Aqueous: It should be fun but it makes me worried were you are in episode 1
[21:38] BadKitty: Dead xD
[21:38] Aqueous: :O

3DS Friend Code: 2793-0600-1156 | Nintendo Network ID: AqueousDoubt

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Morpheel

7. Posted:

shingi_70 wrote:

Morpheel wrote:

I don't mind if they don't add multiplayer, but (if they do release them) they MUST let me play Pokemon Blue in shades of Blue. Like I played it in the old times. None of that green or b&w stuff, BLUE with red sprites here and there.

Wasn't that only a mode for when playing on the gameboy color?

Also wonder how they will release them?

I like to believe that most kids who played the games played them on game boy colors (since both released almost at the same time here) like me.

Oops, no username pun.

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

AuthorMessage
Avatar

hatty475

8. Posted:

I heard on the street that the old Pokemon games' batteries are dying out and people are losing their saves. This would be a good reason to pick these up if they came to eShop. But if it does come to eShop, then they'd need to rework the cable system, because without it, it would be impossible to complete the game all the way. And if catching them all wasn't impossible, why even bother? I tend to play for all or nothing.

Beethoven was right when he said it don't come easy.
Currently Learning: Electric Guitar
Bad Wolf

AuthorMessage
Avatar

shingi_70

9. Posted:

Morpheel wrote:

shingi_70 wrote:

Morpheel wrote:

I don't mind if they don't add multiplayer, but (if they do release them) they MUST let me play Pokemon Blue in shades of Blue. Like I played it in the old times. None of that green or b&w stuff, BLUE with red sprites here and there.

Wasn't that only a mode for when playing on the gameboy color?

Also wonder how they will release them?

I like to believe that most kids who played the games played them on game boy colors (since both released almost at the same time here) like me.

I know I did. Had pokemon Blue and my Cousin got Red. Blastoise vs Charizard.

good times

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Aqueous

10. Posted:

hatty475 wrote:

I heard on the street that the old Pokemon games' batteries are dying out and people are losing their saves. This would be a good reason to pick these up if they came to eShop. But if it does come to eShop, then they'd need to rework the cable system, because without it, it would be impossible to complete the game all the way. And if catching them all wasn't impossible, why even bother? I tend to play for all or nothing.

Unfortunately it's true my copy of silver died and I think my crystal did too, so I'm on my second copy of each but all six original games are fine, for now

[21:36] BadKitty: I see people are excited to play as LJM xD
[21:38] Aqueous: It should be fun but it makes me worried were you are in episode 1
[21:38] BadKitty: Dead xD
[21:38] Aqueous: :O

3DS Friend Code: 2793-0600-1156 | Nintendo Network ID: AqueousDoubt

AuthorMessage
Avatar

LordJumpMad

11. Posted:

No one likes pokemon

For you, the day LordJumpMad graced your threads, was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.
University of ⓂⒶⒹness
LordJumpMad's Theme

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4592-9402 | Twitter: LordJumpMad

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Aqueous

12. Posted:

@LordJumpMad - sure and that's why your Gary studying pokemon ;)

[21:36] BadKitty: I see people are excited to play as LJM xD
[21:38] Aqueous: It should be fun but it makes me worried were you are in episode 1
[21:38] BadKitty: Dead xD
[21:38] Aqueous: :O

3DS Friend Code: 2793-0600-1156 | Nintendo Network ID: AqueousDoubt

AuthorMessage
Avatar

ToadFan

13. Posted:

Sometime soon they will, I guess. There hasn't been any announcements about it yet. Also if they were smart they'll most likely only release Pokemon Games for Gamboy and GBC, as the GBA ones are still selling.

ToadFan

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Aqueous

14. Posted:

@ToadFan - you mean used copies right because they are not around here

[21:36] BadKitty: I see people are excited to play as LJM xD
[21:38] Aqueous: It should be fun but it makes me worried were you are in episode 1
[21:38] BadKitty: Dead xD
[21:38] Aqueous: :O

3DS Friend Code: 2793-0600-1156 | Nintendo Network ID: AqueousDoubt

AuthorMessage
Avatar

shingi_70

15. Posted:

LordJumpMad wrote:

No one likes pokemon

Yeah Bro Digimon is where its at.

and if that's too mainstream try Robopon

Untitled

on the real atlus better publish it.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Morpheel

16. Posted:

Aqueous wrote:

@ToadFan - you mean used copies right because they are not around here

Believe it or not, but at least here in my town, there's a copy Pokemon LeafGreen along with other DS games on display in a "big name" store. (though they way the place it makes it look like it's only sold as a pack with a shinny pink DSLite, so I haven't really asked)

Oops, no username pun.

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

AuthorMessage
Avatar

ToadFan

17. Posted:

Aqueous wrote:

@ToadFan - you mean used copies right because they are not around here

There's still some new one's out there, but they cost like $50 and up. But yep, the used Pokemon GBA Games are $16 at my Gamestop, and their still selling.

Edited on by ToadFan

ToadFan

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Usagi-san

18. Posted:

@hatty475: My Silver version battery died a long time ago. Pokemon red is still kicking though.

I hope we don't have to wait too long to hear something. I could see the people in charge wanting to let users trade Pokemon since this was one of the real selling points of the games.

"I never swear, my lord, I say yes or no; and, as I am a gentleman, I keep my word." - D'artagnan in Twenty Years After

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Aqueous

19. Posted:

@ToadFan and @Morpheel - you would be lucky to find a single gba pokemon game used around here, they are that rare, in the past 3 maybe 4 years I have heard of a used pokemon gba game and my brother wanted it because his copy of ruby broke, missed it by the hour, pokemon games here have a huge fan base that is large enough that when the 2nd gen remakes came out, my high school had pokewalkers all over the place and ds's came out with them. Although alot of people only get there favourite regions these days because the new ones aren't as good so old copies are kept and you have little to no chance of seeing one you can go get, people keep them and the new ones were bought up years ago.

@Usagi-san - I guess I'm really not alone with pokemon games dying out, keep it though, if left alone long enough it might start working again, happened to a friend of mine and now they can play and save their game, just wait a couple of years (I think that's how long it was)

[21:36] BadKitty: I see people are excited to play as LJM xD
[21:38] Aqueous: It should be fun but it makes me worried were you are in episode 1
[21:38] BadKitty: Dead xD
[21:38] Aqueous: :O

3DS Friend Code: 2793-0600-1156 | Nintendo Network ID: AqueousDoubt

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Adamant

20. Posted:

Usagi-san wrote:

@hatty475: My Silver version battery died a long time ago. Pokemon red is still kicking though.

Yeah, the internal clock in the gen 2 games drained the battery pretty heavily, which is why these games died an early death while many NES games are still hanging in there

Adamant