Forums

Topic: Pokemon gold and silver - anyone else excited?

Posts 101 to 120 of 124

McGruber

I'm more excited to download one of these than the new Ultra games, but I have one burning question. Is there a way to transfer Pokemon from Red/Blue/Yellow on 3DS to this game?

McGruber

Nintendo Network ID: McGruber

Sisilly_G

I ran into that green Espeon in Emerald too. I was really angry at the time as I thought that the trainers were randomly generated and that the Espeon happened to be shiny of all Pokémon.

"Gee, that's really persuasive. Do you have any actual points to make other than to essentially say 'me Tarzan, physical bad, digital good'?"

Switch Friend Code: SW-1910-7582-3323

Tyranexx

sillygostly wrote:

I ran into that green Espeon in Emerald too. I was really angry at the time as I thought that the trainers were randomly generated and that the Espeon happened to be shiny of all Pokémon.

Glad to know that I wasn't the only one who got trolled in Trainer Hill by my second-favorite Eeveelution.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Sisilly_G

Finally caught a Dunsparce. It wasn't shiny (what are the odds, eh?), but on the upside, it's female, as I hoped for. ^-^

Now I can finally start enjoying this stupid game. =P

"Gee, that's really persuasive. Do you have any actual points to make other than to essentially say 'me Tarzan, physical bad, digital good'?"

Sisilly_G

Actually, hold that thought. Progress is halted again because stupid Pineco won't fall out of the tree. Worse is that it may know Self-Destruct and the hunt will need to begin anew. Worse still, is that a shiny female Pineco may fall out of the tree and Self-Destruct itself.

This stupid game is fogging up my nostalgia glasses.

Edited on by Sisilly_G

GameOtaku

Just think it took a year and a half just to get 2 gbc games on VC and in that time no other VC games were added to the 3ds.

GameOtaku

Octane

@GameOtaku Imagine how long SNES games on 3DS VC would take.

Octane

GameOtaku

@Octane
Not very long considering they have had ample time to bring other VC titles out and have done absolutely nothing!

GameOtaku

Octane

@Meowpheel Wait, what? Present is has a maximum base power of 120, but at level 21-26, with a 55 attack stat, it shouldn't be able to kill a Feraligatr in one hit... Was it a crit too?

Octane

Octane

@Meowpheel I did some calculations and it's impossible actually.

A wild Delibird (max level 26) with max DVs using a 120 damage move with crit on a 0 DV level 40 Feraligatr results in 17.4 - 20.9% damage, at best a 5HKO.

So I have no idea what was going on...

Octane

Eel

I only know it happened.

It's possible the feraligatr wasn't exactly at full hp, but it was definitely over 90%.

It was level 22, too.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Octane

@Meowpheel Shouldn't be possible even if it was at 90%, maybe a random glitch? Damage calculation is kinda wonky in the GameBoy games.

Octane

Eel

Maybe!

It would've been an excellent moment for a nuzlocke livestream though.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Fenrir6

Just a question, are the glitches in these games still present in all versions? I've seen videos of the cloning glitch I used to do in my Italian Crystal cartridge, but in the video they said it was only in the US version. Anyone knows?

Fenrir6

Twitter:

Eel

To be fair if you just want pictures of your pokemon, you have a few more days of miiverse for your "printing" needs. But yeah, that would've been a nice solution.

It's funny with the man in Cianwood because he offers to take a picture, but you literally can't choose "Yes", even though it's right there.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.