Forums

Topic: Pokemon gold and silver - anyone else excited?

Posts 101 to 120 of 126

Lalivero

Well I downloaded Gold last night...if I got wind of the special themes by buying a download code from BB, I would've just snagged it while I was there for Pokkén, heh. :3

As far as shinies go, I actually didn't get around to playing the Gen II games til later on, despite watching the anime faithfully from the original season til Gen III ended. The first shiny I remember encountering myself belonged to someone at...Trainer Hill(?) in Emerald; it was a shiny Espeon. I remember being upset because OFC it wasn't a wild Pokémon and -it was a frickin green Espeon-.

...formerly - Chriiis

Switch FC: SW-6037-8910-2517

Switch Friend Code: SW-6037-8910-2517

Eel

Oh yeah, these particular Pokemon are always shiny. I think there's like two or three trainers with shiny Pokemon there.

Bloop.

My dead channel.

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

McGruber

I'm more excited to download one of these than the new Ultra games, but I have one burning question. Is there a way to transfer Pokemon from Red/Blue/Yellow on 3DS to this game?

McGruber

Nintendo Network ID: McGruber

Eel

You can just trade with the first gen games by using the time machine.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

My dead channel.

Silly_G

I ran into that green Espeon in Emerald too. I was really angry at the time as I thought that the trainers were randomly generated and that the Espeon happened to be shiny of all Pokémon.

An affiliate link to a Link in need is an affiliate Link indeed.

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3134-0847 | Nintendo Network ID: sillygostly

Tyranexx

sillygostly wrote:

I ran into that green Espeon in Emerald too. I was really angry at the time as I thought that the trainers were randomly generated and that the Espeon happened to be shiny of all Pokémon.

Glad to know that I wasn't the only one who got trolled in Trainer Hill by my second-favorite Eeveelution.

Video Corner: How SM3DW Actually Started (language)
Currently playing: Super Metroid (SNES Classic), Monster Hunter Stories

Nintendo Network ID: Zelda_By_Night

Silly_G

Finally caught a Dunsparce. It wasn't shiny (what are the odds, eh?), but on the upside, it's female, as I hoped for. ^-^

Now I can finally start enjoying this stupid game. =P

Silly_G

Actually, hold that thought. Progress is halted again because stupid Pineco won't fall out of the tree. Worse is that it may know Self-Destruct and the hunt will need to begin anew. Worse still, is that a shiny female Pineco may fall out of the tree and Self-Destruct itself.

This stupid game is fogging up my nostalgia glasses.

Edited on by Silly_G

Eel

Just got myself a shiny ditto using the Gyarados glitch.

Let the breeding begin.

Bloop.

My dead channel.

GameOtaku

Just think it took a year and a half just to get 2 gbc games on VC and in that time no other VC games were added to the 3ds.

GameOtaku

Octane

@GameOtaku Imagine how long SNES games on 3DS VC would take.

Octane

GameOtaku

@Octane
Not very long considering they have had ample time to bring other VC titles out and have done absolutely nothing!

GameOtaku

Eel

A wild delibird just ohko'd my level 40 feraligatr at full health.

Bloop.

My dead channel.

Octane

@Meowpheel Wait, what? Present is has a maximum base power of 120, but at level 21-26, with a 55 attack stat, it shouldn't be able to kill a Feraligatr in one hit... Was it a crit too?

Octane

Octane

@Meowpheel I did some calculations and it's impossible actually.

A wild Delibird (max level 26) with max DVs using a 120 damage move with crit on a 0 DV level 40 Feraligatr results in 17.4 - 20.9% damage, at best a 5HKO.

So I have no idea what was going on...

Octane

Eel

I only know it happened.

It's possible the feraligatr wasn't exactly at full hp, but it was definitely over 90%.

It was level 22, too.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

My dead channel.

Octane

@Meowpheel Shouldn't be possible even if it was at 90%, maybe a random glitch? Damage calculation is kinda wonky in the GameBoy games.

Octane

Eel

Maybe!

It would've been an excellent moment for a nuzlocke livestream though.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

My dead channel.

Fenrir6

Just a question, are the glitches in these games still present in all versions? I've seen videos of the cloning glitch I used to do in my Italian Crystal cartridge, but in the video they said it was only in the US version. Anyone knows?

Fenrir6

Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic