Forums

Topic: Mario Game Ideas Thread

Posts 1 to 20 of 47

SammyOfMobius

According to Wikipedia, Super Mario Bros. 3 is coming to the 3DS eShop this March. Super Mario Bros. 2 (USA edition) may arrive sometime before then. Super Mario Bros. 3 is considered the best Mario game by many, while other consider World or Galaxy the best. Either way, many agree it's the NES's best game, and this may even become the eShop's best game. I cannot confirm this because Wikipedia didn't post their source, and Wikipedia isn't always the most creditable source, but if not, then it's definitely coming this year. So get ready to sour with this portable version of the NES essential. And the best part is you can take it anywhere with no annoying voice acting.
In case you're having trouble finding it, here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Mario_Bros._3
EDIT: It was taken down. So instead of requesting a lock for this topic, I'm changing the title to "More Mario On eShop" where we'll basically talk about what ideas for digital Mario titles could come to Wii U and 3DS eShop. I was thinking they could release a new Super Mario Land title with the gameplay of Super Mario Land 2, the excellent level design of Super Mario Bros. 3, and new 2.5D graphics like New Super Mario Bros. I was thinking it could take place in an ancient Japenese-like land, have all-new power-ups like Samurai Mario and Ant Mario, the new machine the Super Slaher 3000, a giant robotic ninja patrolled by Mario. and a new pricness named Princess Meadow, an Asian princess who rules Blossom Kingdom which was taken over by a dragon named Kai Kung, and will involve features like jumping into the background to progress through levels, motion control to tilt the land in certain interactive levels, local and online multiplayer, and a Challenge Mode (similar to New Super Mario Bros. U) and a level builder (a first for th Mario series). This game will be exclusive to 3DS eShop. What are you guys's ideas for a 3DS or Wii U eShop exclusive title or port?

Edited on by SammyOfMobius

Games I'm playing currently: Legend of Zelda: A Link Betweeen Worlds, Tearaway
Games I'm excited for: Super Mario 3D World, Super Smash Bros. 4, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Mario Kart 8
3DS Friend Code: 1719-3467-7677
Nintendo Network ID: SupaSamiStar14

Hokori

That is good, but I'm looking for a release to transfer from my wii VC....

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
W...

Shining-Void

That'd be cool. However since it's from Wikipedia I'm taking it with a grain of salt. I would rather see super Mario 64 make it's way to the 3DS though.

Shining-Void

Nintendo Network ID: Eternal-Cyprees

Zeldalover

Not one of the best platformers of all-time.
The single best platformer of all-time!

Zeldalover

KingDunsparce

Well, I've got my GBA Super Mario Bros 3 already anyways

"I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!" ―Cave Johnson
Join the Chit-Chat Crew! :P

3DS Friend Code: 2938-6384-0441 | Nintendo Network ID: Pikminsi

CrazyOtto

Cool, I didn't think it'd come so soon. I already have it on Super Mario All Stars Wii and Super Mario Advance 4 or I'd download it along with the Lost Levels.

CrazyOtto

3DS Friend Code: 4511-0465-7453 | Nintendo Network ID: MrSRArter

Cipher

There's been absolutely no confirmation that SMB3 will be coming to North America in March - this is another case of someone editing Wikipedia without a source to back up their changes. Don't get me wrong, it's incredibly likely that it'll come to North America and Europe eventually, but Wikipedia is in this instance wrong - the person who made that change has made many similar edits. I think he must think if he writes about it on Wikipedia, it has to come true.

SammyOfMobius

Very good point. There's no proof that this is right or wrong, so let's keep this up in the mean time to hype up for its release. We shouldn't close this topic because there may be no proof this is true, but there is no proof it is fake news either. We can also talk about other Mario-related games coming to 3DS Virtual Console, such as Super Mario Bros. 2 USA Edition or maybe one day All-Night Nippon Super Mario Bros. Wouldn't that be weird? Ore maybe a 3DS eShop exclusive Mario game? 3D Land DLC? What would you guys like to see from 3DS eShop along with this?

Games I'm excited for: Super Mario 3D World, Super Smash Bros. 4, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Mario Kart 8

SammyOfMobius

Could be... via patching!

Kyloctopus

3Dash wrote:

I don't think it's possible for 3D Land to have DLC.

Actually its possible to have DLC on any 3DS title. It's like how any game on the 3DS can be updated.
However I'm sure the developers are too busy to add DLC,

Edited on by Kyloctopus

Kyloctopus

3DS Friend Code: 4897-5952-1236 | Nintendo Network ID: Kyloctopus | Twitter:

SheldonRandoms

Super Mario eShop Land sounds like a good Mario eShop game.

Edited on by SheldonRandoms

I made Sheldon & Mr. Randoms back on Flipnote Hatena, now i'm a kangaroo mod that has a funko pop collection!

I'm not keen politics since that stuff is spooky, I'd rather watch SpongeBob over Fox News anyways!

Fortnite Creator Code: SheldonRandoms

Switch Friend Code: SW-2240-6609-5332 | 3DS Friend Code: 5429-9754-3617 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

SammyOfMobius

I was thinking Super Mario Land e: Dynasty of Anarchy! Also I have an idea for Paper Mario Sticker Star 2 if that counts because it would be made available physically and digitally.

SammyOfMobius

Mario game idea: Paper Mario Sticker Star 2 Paper Plane (Often referred to as Paper Mario Paper Plane or Paper Mario Sticker Star 2)
The Sticker Fest is happening again, and it seems Bowser is turning over a new leaf just for one day. Or so they thought. Bowser wished on the Comet to bring back one of his ancestors, Mordrekoopa, to help him take over the Mushroom World. But Mordrekoopa had other plans... He decided to take over the Mushroom World for himself and spread the Sticker Comet to the Mushroom Outlands: Acorn Plains, Layer Cake Desert, Sparkling Soda Jungle, Frosted Glacier, Rock Candy Mines, and a new world called Skybound Temples. Mario and Kertsi and her sisters Perli and Haidi must retrieve the Sticker Comet with the help of Luigi and Bowser, with Peach accompanying them. It may be a sequel but it's entirely different! Partners are back, such as Nutcracker and Shortcake the Chef, the battle system is back with SP and HP (stickers as SP attacks), standard attacks (Jump and Hammer for Mario and Luigi, Punch and Fire for Bowser, and different attack varieties for partners), more puzzle solving with stickers with less backtracking, and the ability to play as either Mario and Kertsi, Luigi and Perli, and Bowser and Haidi! Mario can Paperize, Luigi can stitch together material planes (no, not air planes you idiot) and make magic origami, and Bowser can erase objects on the material plane or disconnect them all using the powers of their Sticker Fairies. There are 6 worlds in all, and five partners: Nutcracker the Flying Squirrel, Shortcake the Chef, Totem Family, Snow Bawl, and Duggy the Miner Toad. There are seven bosses not counting the mini bosses: Chucking Charlie Piranha, Gobbles Blobbles the Goombrat, Emperoreel, King Breezyball, Vacuum Lotus, Kamek X, and Mordrekoopa. And here's a hint: one of the mini bosses is the Koopalings! Paper Mario is more papery than ever too! Blow him high with a hang glider
using the Mic, crumple him up so he can fit through small cracks, and even fold him into a ninja star! Paper Mario Sticker Star 2 Paper Plane improves upon the concept of its predecessor and more. Paper Mario Sticker Star 2 Paper Plane will be available in either 2014 or 2015.

Bass_X0

I want to see "DLC" for Super Mario 3D Land. It would be one new world (or as many as possible for a reasonable cost) that you can play without having to own SM3DL. If you do own it, it could read the save data and grant you the same number of lives and whatever.

Edgey, Gumshoe, Godot, Sissel, Larry, then Mia, Franziska, Maggie, Kay and Lynne.

I'm throwing my money at the screen but nothing happens!

CrazyOtto

I'd rather have a sequel to 3D Land than DLC

CrazyOtto

3DS Friend Code: 4511-0465-7453 | Nintendo Network ID: MrSRArter

SammyOfMobius

How about both? DLC for the predecessor to hold us over for 3D Land 2?

SammyOfMobius

@Bass_X0 That wouldn't make any sense.

SammyOfMobius

Do you guys have any ideas for downloadable Mario games?

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.