3DS Virtual Console Forum

Topic: New VC games in Japan

Showing 701 to 720 of 760

AuthorMessage

KingMike

701. Posted:

That ESRB rating could just as well have been for the original release.
(if the ESRB site accounts for that the "K-A" rating on the original rating scale was changed to E in 1998)
http://www.gamefaqs.com/gamegear/586736-mega-man/images/box-3...

KingMike

AuthorMessage

Tsuchinoko

702. Posted:

Oh yeah, I think I remember reading that. But it would be rather pointless to bring it to the VC I guess, since its mainly a mix of MM 4 and 5, right?

Well, I guess people who grew up in North America that had a Game Gear might want it for nostalgic purposes. We didn't get in in Japan (and I was assuming UK and EU/AU didn't get it either). Maybe we'll get it listed as an import or something.

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. Largate de aqui Dark Pit! ブラックピット出ていけ!

AuthorMessage

Tsuchinoko

703. Posted:

Well, this is a nice surprise.

We get that article on the main page about Nintendo wanting to enrich the VC, and we get news in our update that there's a double dose of Game Boy Color goodness for next week, namely Shin Megami Tensei Devil Children: Black Book, as well as Red Book.

White Book was the third game in the series for this spin-off, so that should arrive fairly soon as well , and we should also be seeing the Mega Man Xtreme games soon.

Also, as a bonus, we finally got Mighty Switch Force on the e-shop in Japan!

Edited on by Tsuchinoko

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842

AuthorMessage

unrandomsam

704. Posted:

Its interesting that Bubble Bobble is on it (With Square Enix as publisher even though it was Tatio originally that I know they own.) Gives me hope for Dragon Quest III GBC.

“30fps Is Not a Good Artistic Decision, It's a Failure”

AuthorMessage

Tsuchinoko

705. Posted:

@Unrandomsam I would love to finally get to play a DG game! I never played one before. :)

Also...didn't SE publish the Wiiware Bubble Bobble games?

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842

AuthorMessage

KingMike

706. Posted:

From what I understand, Taito still operates themselves in Japan, but S-E effectively holds the publishing rights to their games outside Japan.

KingMike

AuthorMessage

unrandomsam

707. Posted:

KingMike wrote:

From what I understand, Taito still operates themselves in Japan, but S-E effectively holds the publishing rights to their games outside Japan.

Wikipedia says "Subsidiary of Square Enix" which is what I thought.

They don't own the rights they own the company.

“30fps Is Not a Good Artistic Decision, It's a Failure”

AuthorMessage

Tsuchinoko

708. Posted:

unrandomsam wrote:

KingMike wrote:

But I don't know if that's the whole story, since Square Enix is publishing Bubble Bobble in Japan as well.

Anyway, next week's update includes Chack'n Pop on the NES/Famicom, and Puyo Aruru no Ruu on the Game Gear. So more Game Gear Japan exclusive goodies. I'm not sure if Chack'n Pop is a Japan exclusive, since I've never heard of it. Its a precursor to the Bubble Bobble games. Its also published in Japan by SE.

And as a loyal 3DS owner, I'm really happy that Nintendo are giving attention to the non-Famicom games on the 3DS VC. While I love the NES/Famicom (and since I never got to play many of these games as a kid its nice to have access to a wide array of Japanese Famicom games), the handheld systems are really what I wanted to see on the VC. Even though it seems to just be Rockman/Megaman, Megami Tensei, Shining Force Gaiden, and Puyo Puyo games.

Edited on by Tsuchinoko

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842

AuthorMessage

KeeperBvK

709. Posted:

Tsuchinoko wrote:

unrandomsam wrote:

KingMike wrote:

But I don't know if that's the whole story, since Square Enix is publishing Bubble Bobble in Japan as well.

Why wouldn't that be the whole story? They own the company, so of course they also publish Bubble Bobble in Japan. Why wouldn't they?

KeeperBvK

AuthorMessage

Tsuchinoko

710. Posted:

KeeperBvK wrote:

Tsuchinoko wrote:

unrandomsam wrote:

KingMike wrote:

Why wouldn't that be the whole story? They own the company, so of course they also publish Bubble Bobble in Japan. Why wouldn't they?

Because as he said before, they own the publishing rights to the games outside of Japan, even though they're publishing the games under SE, not Taito within Japan as well. I may be reading too much into it.

I did read somewhere that this sort of thing is why the Natsume games have yet to hit the Japanese 3DS VC, since they've been put on the VC everywhere BUT Japan. They were published by a company called Victor in Japan.

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842

AuthorMessage

KingMike

711. Posted:

From what I understand, Victor (known as JVC outside Japan) in the '90s merged their game development with another developer called Pack-In-Video (who made a lot of license games, most infamous Predator and Die Hard for the NES, but also a SFC platformer called Magical Pop'n I'd buy if it wasn't so overpriced) and that merged company became Marvelous Entertainment (Interactive?).
Harvest Moon and River King were Pack-in-Video franchises I think before the Victor merger (though only the first HM had been made then but there were already a few RK games).

KingMike

AuthorMessage

CrazyOtto

712. Posted:

Japan gets Star Luster next week

Rest in Peace ShiftyLook
I keep these Nintendo Life threads updated: Missing 3DS VC and Wii U VC between regions, Full of list first party Game Boy, Game Boy Color, and Game Gear games missing from the 3DS VC, and Full of list first party Game Boy Advance games missing from the Wii U VC.

3DS Friend Code: 4511-0465-7453 | Nintendo Network ID: MrSRArter

AuthorMessage

CrazyOtto

713. Posted:

Japan gets Mega Man Xtreme for the Game Boy Color, they also catch up on Sonic 1 GG one day before we get the 3D Classicized Sonic 1.

Rest in Peace ShiftyLook
I keep these Nintendo Life threads updated: Missing 3DS VC and Wii U VC between regions, Full of list first party Game Boy, Game Boy Color, and Game Gear games missing from the 3DS VC, and Full of list first party Game Boy Advance games missing from the Wii U VC.

AuthorMessage

Tsuchinoko

714. Posted:

KingMike wrote:

From what I understand, Victor (known as JVC outside Japan) in the '90s merged their game development with another developer called Pack-In-Video (who made a lot of license games, most infamous Predator and Die Hard for the NES, but also a SFC platformer called Magical Pop'n I'd buy if it wasn't so overpriced) and that merged company became Marvelous Entertainment (Interactive?).
Harvest Moon and River King were Pack-in-Video franchises I think before the Victor merger (though only the first HM had been made then but there were already a few RK games).

Hmm, weird. I wonder what that means for the Natsume games appearing on the 3DS VC in Japan. Its nearly 2014 and we still don't have anything from them.

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842

AuthorMessage

CrazyOtto

715. Posted:

Japan oddly gets the Game Boy version of Yoshi's Cookie despite the NES version being removed from the Wii VC.

Rest in Peace ShiftyLook

AuthorMessage

KingMike

716. Posted:

I blew 5 bucks downloading the NES version the last week it was available. :(
The GB version is slightly better because it has a VS. CPU mode.

Or maybe I didn't. Since Nintendo's page doesn't seem to ever want to update for me until AFTER I read your post... I can tell you you might be wrong.
It looks like it's actually Yoshi's PanePon (Tetris Attack, which means it'll remain only on the Japanese VC for licensing reason).

KingMike

AuthorMessage

CrazyOtto

717. Posted:

KingMike wrote:

I blew 5 bucks downloading the NES version the last week it was available. :(
The GB version is slightly better because it has a VS. CPU mode.

Or maybe I didn't. Since Nintendo's page doesn't seem to ever want to update for me until AFTER I read your post... I can tell you you might be wrong.
It looks like it's actually Yoshi's PanePon (Tetris Attack, which means it'll remain only on the Japanese VC for licensing reason).

Yeah, I get Nintendo puzzle games mixed up alot.

Rest in Peace ShiftyLook

AuthorMessage

SuperMalleo

718. Posted:

Final Fantasy NES coming to 3DS this week in Japan. Lucky!

Plumber extraordinaire at your service.
配管工の非凡なあなたのサービスで。
YouTube Channel | Miiverse | deviantART | Hatena | The Malleogerry (Still needs some updating)

3DS Friend Code: 2809-8065-2098 | Nintendo Network ID: MarioOtaku350

AuthorMessage

CrazyOtto

719. Posted:

Japan also gets the first Sega 3D Classic of the second series

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/3ds/eshop/jvnj/index.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-IFIVFbR1fM

Rest in Peace ShiftyLook

AuthorMessage

Jollykarp

720. Posted:

Kawaii_Neko wrote:

Final Fantasy NES coming to 3DS this week in Japan. Lucky!

Let the speculation for Dragon Quest begin :p

Or FFLegends, which I'm actually pretty curious to play. I don't get why SE doesn't release the updated rereleases of the FF series on the eShop instead, unless they have some sort of agreement to not do so.

http://backloggery.com/oiiopo
"If I was on the highest cliff, the highest riff
And you slipped off the side and clinched on for your life in my grip
I would never, ever let you down" - J Ivy

3DS Friend Code: 3952-7233-0245