3DS Virtual Console Forum

Topic: New VC games in Japan

Showing 681 to 700 of 760

AuthorMessage

CrazyOtto

681. Posted:

There's no new games announced for 3DS VC for Japan yet. They usually have them announced by now since their Wii U VC games are announced. I guess next week will be announced through the Japanese version of today's Nintendo Direct.

Rest in Peace ShiftyLook
I keep these Nintendo Life threads updated: Missing 3DS VC and Wii U VC between regions, Full of list first party Game Boy, Game Boy Color, and Game Gear games missing from the 3DS VC, and Full of list first party Game Boy Advance games missing from the Wii U VC.

3DS Friend Code: 4511-0465-7453 | Nintendo Network ID: MrSRArter

AuthorMessage

CrazyOtto

682. Posted:

Their next update will have 3D Streets of Rage, Colors! 3D, A bunch of math games, Another art app, Robot Rescue 3D, and the Famicom version of Antartic Adventure.

Rest in Peace ShiftyLook
I keep these Nintendo Life threads updated: Missing 3DS VC and Wii U VC between regions, Full of list first party Game Boy, Game Boy Color, and Game Gear games missing from the 3DS VC, and Full of list first party Game Boy Advance games missing from the Wii U VC.

AuthorMessage

KingMike

683. Posted:

Too bad Antarctic Adventure probably won't come here.
From what I've seen, isn't popular smarphone game Temple Run (I think that's what it's called) pretty much just Antarctic Adventure with prettier graphics? :P

KingMike

AuthorMessage

CrazyOtto

684. Posted:

All they're getting next week is Mappy

Rest in Peace ShiftyLook

AuthorMessage

CrazyOtto

685. Posted:

Japan gets "Valkyrie no Bōken: Toki no Kagi Densetsu" by Namco, which is the Japan-only prequel to the arcade game "Legend of the Valkyrie" included on Namco Museum Volume 5 for PlayStation 1.

Rest in Peace ShiftyLook

AuthorMessage

KingMike

686. Posted:

Next week is the only first-party fighting game, Joy Mech(a) Fight for the Famicom.

KingMike

AuthorMessage

CrazyOtto

687. Posted:

They're also getting a lot of manga apps.

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/3ds/eshop/index.html

Edited on by CrazyOtto

Rest in Peace ShiftyLook

AuthorMessage

KingMike

688. Posted:

Next week's game is Kanshakudama Kantarou no Toukaido 53 Tsugi, a very early Famicom platformer by Sunsoft. I like it even though it involves a lot of memorization due to enemies that love to surprise you and the very stiff control.

KingMike

AuthorMessage

Tsuchinoko

689. Posted:

Its finally come, as I know some of you have been waiting for a while. Megaman 2 (Rockman World 2) for the GB is going to be on the 3DS VC next week in Japan.

EDIT: Oh wait, and I'm looking on the actual VC games page instead of the main E-shop page. Nazo Puyo for the Game Gear is also coming out. Its Puyo Puyo, but I guess from the title its not a normal puzzle game and instead is more about riddles? I never heard of this one.

Edited on by Tsuchinoko

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842Playing:極限脱出 9時間9人9の扉ファイアーエムブレム覚醒 (Fire Emblem Kakusei), Monster Hunter 4, 二ノ国漆黒の魔道士(Ni No Kuni), 妖怪ウォッチ(Yokai Watch)

AuthorMessage

KingMike

690. Posted:

Right. Nazo Puyo is a spinoff series. I only played just a bit of the Super Famicom games, but it seemed to indeed be a logic-puzzle game, I guess starring another girl (enemy?) from the series called Rurue/Lulu/something similar.

KingMike

AuthorMessage

Tsuchinoko

691. Posted:

Kinda of a sudden resurgence in non-Famicom games recently.

There's is Atlantis no Nazo for Famicom http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atlantis_no_Nazo
and Shining Force Gaiden 1 for Game Gear http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shining_Force_Gaiden

That's the second Japan-exclusive GG game in a row.

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842Playing:極限脱出 9時間9人9の扉ファイアーエムブレム覚醒 (Fire Emblem Kakusei), Monster Hunter 4, 二ノ国漆黒の魔道士(Ni No Kuni), 妖怪ウォッチ(Yokai Watch)

AuthorMessage

KingMike

692. Posted:

Japan gets Rockman World 3 (Mega Man III Game Boy).

KingMike

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

693. Posted:

Tsuchinoko wrote:

There's is Atlantis no Nazo for Famicom http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atlantis_no_Nazo
and Shining Force Gaiden 1 for Game Gear http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shining_Force_Gaiden

Too bad the west won't be getting Gaiden 1, but oh well. At least we got the second game.

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Conellossus

694. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Tsuchinoko wrote:

Too bad the west won't be getting Gaiden 1, but oh well. At least we got the second game.

We already have Ninja Gaiden 1?!

I like to play Nintendo games (for a living :P)
I support Wii U.
I love my brother.
I like Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Kirby, and Donkey Kong.

AuthorMessage

Tsuchinoko

695. Posted:

Wow, nobody updated it yet.

Just two sequels to games that are already on the service. Rockman World 4 (GB Megaman 4) for the Game Boy, and Nazo Puyo 2 for the Game Gear.

That's nice, after only Famicom/NES games for so long, we now get several new GB and GG games. Still no GBC River King or Harvest Moon in Japan. :(

@KawaiiTaikoDrum Oh I see what happened. Yeah, there's a lot more to the word gaiden than just Ninjas. haha

Edited on by Tsuchinoko

AuthorMessage

Tsuchinoko

696. Posted:

BTW, I noticed that the Rockman World games 2-4 were all released exactly two weeks apart from each other, so if that trend continues, then the last one, Rockman World 5 will come out on November 6th, and then maybe the GBC ones will continue right after that. :)

Edited on by Tsuchinoko

AuthorMessage

CrazyOtto

697. Posted:

Japan gets Rockman World 5 (Mega Man 5 Game Boy) and they catch up on Shining Force Gaiden.

Rest in Peace ShiftyLook

AuthorMessage

Tsuchinoko

698. Posted:

MrSRArter wrote:

Japan gets Rockman World 5 (Mega Man 5 Game Boy) and they catch up on Shining Force Gaiden.

Well, its not quite catching up, since this is actually Shining Force Gaiden II. The first one (which we got on the VC early this month) was Japan exclusive.
So, the sequel got released on the western virtual consoles first, while the Japanese VC went in order and got the original first, with the sequel coming next week.

So that's it for the GB Rockman/Mega Man games. Next we get the GBC ones, unless Capcom is planning to set up the release for the Game Gear Mega Man, which is not impossible, but there wouldn't be any point, plus it was never released in Japan.

What we DO need to catch up on are the Natsume games, which we haven't seen at all! I'm getting a little ticked about that. :(
If/when they come out I'm getting them both first day.

AuthorMessage

KingMike

699. Posted:

Plus because the GG Mega Man game wasn't made by Capcom, it's about as canon as the two infamous DOS games (except I don't imagine the GG game is nearly as terrible-unplayable :) , though I hear it's still bad).

KingMike

AuthorMessage

CrazyOtto

700. Posted:

Strangely the Game Gear Mega Man actually got an ESRB rating

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/06/game_gear_mega_man_c...

But ESRB rating don't always mean it's actually going to come though.

Rest in Peace ShiftyLook