3DS Virtual Console Forum

Topic: New VC games in Japan

Showing 621 to 640 of 760

AuthorMessage

CrazyOtto

621. Posted:

It's not the next VC week yet or even VC related at all, but Tetris Axis is coming to the eShop is Japan on Feburary 28th. I've been hoping for a NA eShop release for a while since I never played my Tetris Axis cartridge much at all because of my other games but I would play it alot more if it were in my system itself, then I can sell my cartridge as well.

Rest in Peace ShiftyLook
I keep these Nintendo Life threads updated: Missing 3DS VC and Wii U VC between regions, Full of list first party Game Boy, Game Boy Color, and Game Gear games missing from the 3DS VC, and Full of list first party Game Boy Advance games missing from the Wii U VC.

3DS Friend Code: 4511-0465-7453 | Nintendo Network ID: MrSRArter

AuthorMessage

RR529

622. Posted:

for 3DS download titles, Japan is getting AZITO 3D Osaka, Arc Style: Happy Ocean, and Mansion??? next week (I'm sure @Tsuchinoko will straighten up my incomplete & shoddy translation).

For VC games, they're getting a couple of NES games I don't recognize (I'm sure @Tsuchinoko will tell us all about those, once he gets here).

Currently Playing:

InFamous (PS3)
Godzilla: Smash 3 (AND)
Tank Hero (AND)

AuthorMessage

CrazyOtto

623. Posted:

^ I know the Famicom games are a Kuino game and a Goemon game

Rest in Peace ShiftyLook
I keep these Nintendo Life threads updated: Missing 3DS VC and Wii U VC between regions, Full of list first party Game Boy, Game Boy Color, and Game Gear games missing from the 3DS VC, and Full of list first party Game Boy Advance games missing from the Wii U VC.

AuthorMessage

KingMike

624. Posted:

Super Dodge Ball and the first Ganbare Goemon game.
The first Goemon is pretty bad and I'm glad I essentially got the original cart for only a buck. To finish each level, you have to find three randomly-placed passes, found only by jumping over stuff. And you'll probably have to find stairs that are also randomly placed (and invisible until jumped). It got monotonous fast. And I worse, you got 13 stages you have to finish 8 times each to get the ending (I think, maybe it was 8 stages 13 times). I guess at least it's a good thing for the 3DS suspend/restore points that you no longer have to do it in one sitting.
... at least they gave you the alternative of buying passes. So supposedly you could just farm gold. Though I'm not sure how well that works within the time limit.

KingMike

AuthorMessage

Tsuchinoko

625. Posted:

RR529 wrote:

for 3DS download titles, Japan is getting AZITO 3D Osaka, Arc Style: Happy Ocean, and Mansion??? next week (I'm sure @Tsuchinoko will straighten up my incomplete & shoddy translation).

For VC games, they're getting a couple of NES games I don't recognize (I'm sure @Tsuchinoko will tell us all about those, once he gets here).

Sorry, I've been busy the past few weeks since I'm moving to yokohama.

The word you're looking for is "Mansion Percussion". The description is a little vague on the page, but it seems as though you move into a new apartment with noisy strange neighbors. You tap on different parts of the walls to quiet the neighbors and generally take out your stress. Its a bit strange, but I've seen funny little games like this pop up sometimes, that make fun of everyday life quirks like this.

The NES/Famicom Goemon game and the Dodgeball Kunio-kun game are up as well.

Its funny, it looks like Hamster is taking a page from the Capcom book of creating strange romanizations for words. We pronounce that word as "Ajito", not Azito. Oh well...

Edited on by Tsuchinoko

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. Largate de aqui Dark Pit! ブラックピット出ていけ!

AuthorMessage

CrazyOtto

626. Posted:

Next week, Japan is getting 101 DinoPets 3D and a Japan only Famicom game called "Challenger".

Rest in Peace ShiftyLook

AuthorMessage

KingMike

627. Posted:

Challenger is supposed to be one of the better of the first-gen third-party Famicom games.

KingMike

AuthorMessage

TwilightV

628. Posted:

Oracle Of Ages and Oracle Of Seasons are now out in Japan. No word on the Advance Shop, but the Link System is available. Both are due out elsewhere before Summer. :)

Edit: Ninja'd by the NL Team! XD

Edited on by TwilightV

TwilightV

AuthorMessage

RR529

629. Posted:

Just browsing around a few publisher websites, & I found out that CIRCLE Entertainment will be handling the publishing duties for the smash hit, Gunman Clive in Japan. They're localizing it under the title of Gunman Story (not sure when it'll release, though).

Currently Playing:

InFamous (PS3)
Tank Hero (AND)

AuthorMessage

CrazyOtto

630. Posted:

RR529 wrote:

Just browsing around a few publisher websites, & I found out that CIRCLE Entertainment will be handling the publishing duties for the smash hit, Gunman Clive in Japan. They're localizing it under the title of Gunman Story (not sure when it'll release, though).

I'm not surprised that they're doing this, Guman Clive is the best selling 3rd party 3DSware game.

Rest in Peace ShiftyLook

AuthorMessage

CrazyOtto

631. Posted:

For 3DSware, Japan is getting 2 different games that star the same female character.

For VC, they're getting a Japan-only Famicom RPG that features odd characters you wouldn't see in most other RPGS. They're other game is the Famicom port of the Namco arcade game Dragon Buster. Even though I downloaded Dig Dug, I'm probably not going to download anymore Namco NES ports at least for now because I'm predicting Namco Museum 3DS is going to be announced this year. This will be the last time I mention Namco Museum in this topic, I promise.

Rest in Peace ShiftyLook

AuthorMessage

KingMike

632. Posted:

Actually, it's an RPG-themed board game.
It's called Sugoro's Quest, and it was made by Technos.
I thought it kind of fun, but being that action in battle is determined by dice rolls, you can imagine it's very luck dependent. (of course, Restore Points can probably be used to pretty much eliminate any sort of challenge from the game.)
I've heard the FC version of Dragon Buster is an improvement over the arcade game, but I didn't play much. (I suppose Dragon Buster might be one of the earliest side-scrollers.)

KingMike

AuthorMessage

RR529

633. Posted:

I could be mistaken, but I believe those two 3DS Downloads this week, are actually educational titles (one of them an English aid).

Currently Playing:

InFamous (PS3)
Tank Hero (AND)

AuthorMessage

CrazyOtto

634. Posted:

The games Japan's getting this time were revealed early this week and Nintendo Life news already covered them all.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/03/castlevania_ii_simon...

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/03/super_hang_on_3d_spe...

I'm surprised it's Castlevania II instead of Ninja Gaiden II since NGII in supposed to be coming to the 3DS VC in the rest of the world real soon.

Japan will also be getting Fractured Soul next week (I was hoping they'd get this one, I got it during it's sale).

EDIT: They're also getting another Guild02 game next week and Mother 2 is now out on the Japanese Wii U.

Edited on by CrazyOtto

Rest in Peace ShiftyLook

AuthorMessage

SparkOfSpirit

635. Posted:

Super Hang On 3D is nice but I REALLY hope OutRun comes sooner or later.

“A thing may be too sad to be believed or too wicked to be believed or too good to be believed; but it cannot be too absurd to be believed in this planet of frogs and elephants, of crocodiles and cuttle-fish.”
― G.K. Chesterton

AuthorMessage

CrazyOtto

636. Posted:

From PokeMaster's post on GameFAQs

PokeMaster wrote:

<b>Next Week</b>
@SIMPLE DL SERIES Vol.9 - Escape From the Hidden Room
~Terebi Kyoku Michaku 24ji Hen~ [3DSWare]

@SIMPLE DL SERIES Vol.10 THE Uwaki Kareshi
~Christmas Chuushi no Osirase~ [3DSWare]

Maido Hebo Shougi [3DSWare]

Fire Emblem Gaiden [FC VC]
Nekketsu Koha Kunio Kun (Eng: Renegade) [FC VC}
Tails Adventure [GG VC]

Rest in Peace ShiftyLook

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

637. Posted:

Ooh, Fire Emblem Gaiden! One of the few games in the series I like.

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

SparkOfSpirit

638. Posted:

Tails Adventure! I hope we actually manage to get that.

“A thing may be too sad to be believed or too wicked to be believed or too good to be believed; but it cannot be too absurd to be believed in this planet of frogs and elephants, of crocodiles and cuttle-fish.”
― G.K. Chesterton

AuthorMessage

CrazyOtto

639. Posted:

While not VC related, Japan in finally getting Freakyforms Deluxe on April 10th along with Dillon's Rolling Western 2.

Rest in Peace ShiftyLook

AuthorMessage

CrazyOtto

640. Posted:

With Freakyforms Deluxe and Dillon's Rolling Western 2 being this week's 3DSware for them (they're not getting a cartridge version of Freakyforms Deluxe like we did), they will be getting the NES port of the Namco arcade game "Sky Kid" and a Japan only text adventure game called "Lipple(Ripple) Island" by Sunsoft.

EDIT: I'm going to try to post the links to these games from now on.

EDIT 2: The JP only text adventure is called "Lipple(Ripple) Island", thanks KingMike.

Edited on by CrazyOtto

Rest in Peace ShiftyLook