3DS Virtual Console Forum

Topic: New VC games in Japan

Showing 601 to 620 of 760

AuthorMessage

Tsuchinoko

601. Posted:

KeeperBvK wrote:

Wait, they're getting Ikki? The game that single-handedly started the whole kusoge-phenomenon? Good lord.

Its still somewhat of a cult classic in Japan, so there are people that would like to play it through the VC.

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. Largate de aqui Dark Pit! ブラックピット出ていけ!

AuthorMessage

KingMike

602. Posted:

From what I heard, the original arcade version was decent, but the Famicom version was terrible but more widely played.
(but probably also gets re-released more as well because the FC hardware is more commonly emulated)

Edited on by KingMike

KingMike

AuthorMessage

Tsuchinoko

603. Posted:

Nobody's put it up yet.

Next week we in Japan get Salamander and Getsu Fuma Den for the Famicom, which never made it out of Japan. That game looks pretty cool actually.

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842

AuthorMessage

CrazyOtto

604. Posted:

Tsuchinoko wrote:

Nobody's put it up yet.

Next week we in Japan get Salamander and Getsu Fuma Den for the Famicom, which never made it out of Japan. That game looks pretty cool actually.

I'm surprised you're getting Salamander before Gradius, especially since America and Europe had Gradius since last year.

Rest in Peace ShiftyLook
I keep these Nintendo Life threads updated: Missing 3DS VC and Wii U VC between regions, Full of list first party Game Boy, Game Boy Color, and Game Gear games missing from the 3DS VC, and Full of list first party Game Boy Advance games missing from the Wii U VC.

3DS Friend Code: 4511-0465-7453 | Nintendo Network ID: MrSRArter

AuthorMessage

Tsuchinoko

605. Posted:

I guess they don't want us to be too privileged and get all the games first before everyone else.

I'm just happy we got Makaimura/Ghosts 'n Goblins finally.

Has anyone ever played that Getsu Fuma Den game? It looks pretty cool from the screenshots on the Nintendo website.

Well, we usually get 7 games a month, so next week is probably our single game week if they keep up with that number. Hopefully it'll be a non-Famicom game.

I was thinking, since the WiiU VC is getting Mother 2, maybe we'll get the first one on the 3DS VC at some point? I have the GBA complilation, though it would be good to have it on my 3DS since my DS is getting old and dusty, and I can use save states.

Edited on by Tsuchinoko

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842

AuthorMessage

CmmanderVide0

606. Posted:

When will Donkey Kong(NES) come to the west. Isn't it already out in Japan. It should of been a day one download worldwide. And I call myself a Mario fan yet I've never even played the original Donkey Kong.

CmmanderVide0

AuthorMessage

SammyOfMobius

607. Posted:

Astro wrote:

When will Donkey Kong(NES) come to the west. Isn't it already out in Japan. It should of been a day one download worldwide. And I call myself a Mario fan yet I've never even played the original Donkey Kong.

Do you have Donkey Kong Original Edition? It's the same thing with one more leel. That's when you can call yourself a Mario fan.

Games I'm playing currently: Legend of Zelda: A Link Betweeen Worlds, Tearaway
Games I'm excited for: Super Mario 3D World, Super Smash Bros. 4, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Mario Kart 8
3DS Friend Code: 1719-3467-7677
Nintendo Network ID: SupaSamiStar14

AuthorMessage

Tsuchinoko

608. Posted:

I know the Wikipedia page still tries to list that game as a VC download (as much as I protest that), but I read that that promotion is over in Japan, so we can't get that anymore.

Is it still available in the west?

BTW, I just got Makaimura/Ghosts 'n Goblins, and that game is so hard. I can't even pass the first few screens. Time to use save states!

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842

AuthorMessage

CrazyOtto

609. Posted:

The Donkey Kong OE promotion is also over in the west.

EDIT: Also, according to Pokemaster's topic on GameFAQs, Japan's not getting any 3DSware next week.

Edited on by CrazyOtto

Rest in Peace ShiftyLook
I keep these Nintendo Life threads updated: Missing 3DS VC and Wii U VC between regions, Full of list first party Game Boy, Game Boy Color, and Game Gear games missing from the 3DS VC, and Full of list first party Game Boy Advance games missing from the Wii U VC.

AuthorMessage

KingMike

610. Posted:

Tsuchinoko wrote:

BTW, I just got Makaimura/Ghosts 'n Goblins, and that game is so hard. I can't even pass the first few screens. Time to use save states!

You have to practice, practice! :)
I remember when I played Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts as a kid. I had to rent the game a few times before I could finish even the first level.

I only played a bit of Getsufuuma. Seemed pretty alright. I know there's an overworld to go between action scenes, where you can also buy items from shops, but I don't know if it's a pure platformer game or an adventure game.

KingMike

AuthorMessage

CrazyOtto

611. Posted:

Tsuchinoko wrote:

I know the Wikipedia page still tries to list that game as a VC download (as much as I protest that), but I read that that promotion is over in Japan, so we can't get that anymore.

I just edited the Wikipedia article by striking out Donkey Kong OE, like <s>this</s>.

Rest in Peace ShiftyLook

AuthorMessage

SparkOfSpirit

612. Posted:

Tsuchinoko wrote:

Has anyone ever played that Getsu Fuma Den game? It looks pretty cool from the screenshots on the Nintendo website.

It's supposed to be a bit of a cult classic from what I've heard.

“A thing may be too sad to be believed or too wicked to be believed or too good to be believed; but it cannot be too absurd to be believed in this planet of frogs and elephants, of crocodiles and cuttle-fish.”
― G.K. Chesterton

AuthorMessage

KingMike

613. Posted:

I know the character ("Fuuma"?) was popular enough to appear in at least one if not both of the "Konami Wai Wai World" games for the Famicom (the first was a side-scroller adventure game somewhat resembling Castlevania, the second was more of a standard platformer).
I think Fuuma was also popular enough to appear in this Japanese-exclusive game for PS2 and GameCube that I've heard is like a Konami/Hudson/Takara (Transformers) ripoff of Smash Bros.

KingMike

AuthorMessage

CrazyOtto

614. Posted:

Next week, they're getting no VC and they're getting Crazy Chicken: Pirates 3D on 3DSware.

Rest in Peace ShiftyLook

AuthorMessage

SammyOfMobius

615. Posted:

MrSRArter wrote:

Next week, they're getting no VC and they're getting Crazy Chicken: Pirates 3D on 3DSware.

That stinks. Crazy Chicken Pirates 3D is a terrible game, I hear. Oh well they have like over 50 more games than us so they need a break from good software.

Games I'm excited for: Super Mario 3D World, Super Smash Bros. 4, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Mario Kart 8

AuthorMessage

Tsuchinoko

616. Posted:

Okay, just for the sake of completion for our thread, next week we ARE getting 3DS VC, and its the long awaited Zelda GBC games, Oracle of Seasons/Oracle of Ages duo.

I'm speculating on what this means for other games that were released in pairs, such as Pokemon Red/Blue, but on the article for those games I was told that there was a password system implemented for the Zelda GBC pair that allowed for a bypass of the cable connectivity issue. While this is nice on something like the VC, what does it mean for games that actually required the cable, and could they still make an appearance on the 3DS VC. Discussion time!

I still thing its not impossible, since it looked like it was much harder to make a change for Sonic and Knuckles for the Wii VC. I remember that it took a while for those games to all be released for the VC as well, but it still happened. I don't remember the system that it used for the VC, but I know there wasn't any kind of special channel that was created, and it was kind of simple.

@MultiMarioSonic I agree that there isn't very good E-shop this upcoming week, but we are getting the new Layton game as a retail download, as well as the Nameko game (which is ridiculously popular here in Japan). So the 3DS E-shop isn't totally dead in this next update. :)

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842

AuthorMessage

SammyOfMobius

617. Posted:

Tsuchinoko wrote:

Okay, just for the sake of completion for our thread, next week we ARE getting 3DS VC, and its the long awaited Zelda GBC games, Oracle of Seasons/Oracle of Ages duo.

I'm speculating on what this means for other games that were released in pairs, such as Pokemon Red/Blue, but on the article for those games I was told that there was a password system implemented for the Zelda GBC pair that allowed for a bypass of the cable connectivity issue. While this is nice on something like the VC, what does it mean for games that actually required the cable, and could they still make an appearance on the 3DS VC. Discussion time!

I still thing its not impossible, since it looked like it was much harder to make a change for Sonic and Knuckles for the Wii VC. I remember that it took a while for those games to all be released for the VC as well, but it still happened. I don't remember the system that it used for the VC, but I know there wasn't any kind of special channel that was created, and it was kind of simple.

@MultiMarioSonic I agree that there isn't very good E-shop this upcoming week, but we are getting the new Layton game as a retail download, as well as the Nameko game (which is ridiculously popular here in Japan). So the 3DS E-shop isn't totally dead in this next update. :)

Um actually Japan is getting the Oracle games, not us. Do you live in Japan, because if so that's super-awesome. :)

AuthorMessage

KingMike

618. Posted:

Indeed, the Zelda Oracle games did have a password system to transfer game-clear data between the two.
Yes, Tsuchinoko does live in Japan.

KingMike

AuthorMessage

Tsuchinoko

619. Posted:

MultiMariosonic wrote:

Tsuchinoko wrote:

Um actually Japan is getting the Oracle games, not us. Do you live in Japan, because if so that's super-awesome. :)

I do live in Japan. I'm an immigrant here, speak Japanese and work here and all that.

Everyone is getting the Oracle games, just us in Japan are getting them first. If you research a bit, you find that there was a gap of a few months between the games being released when they were on the GBC.

And yeah, its not like I just got on a place randomly and came to Japan. I went through years of Japanese language and culture study, and did all the job searching stuff before getting to Japan, though I did so originally through a study-abroad program. I try to tell some of the little oraku kids that you can't just love anime and all that and expect to come here without the huge amount of work it takes, just like if you immigrate to any foreign country. That's not why I came here though, I don't even have an interest in anime/manga.

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842

AuthorMessage

KingMike

620. Posted:

I'm going to guess we won't be able to get the Advance Ring or whatever it was called on the VC version, so we won't be able to get a full Ring collection.
(luckily, I don't think the ring has any use except as a collectible. Except to show to your friends, and be like "ha! I have it. It doesn't do anything but I have because I'm playing this Game Boy Color game on my brand new Game Boy... ADVANCE!" :) )

Also, it seems Japan is also getting a special price on the games. 500 yen each 2/27 to 3/20, after that 600.
I wonder if the rest of the world will get a special price as well.

Edited on by KingMike

KingMike