Forums

Topic: New VC games in Japan

Posts 601 to 620 of 747

Commandervide0

When will Donkey Kong(NES) come to the west. Isn't it already out in Japan. It should of been a day one download worldwide. And I call myself a Mario fan yet I've never even played the original Donkey Kong.

Commandervide0

SammyOfMobius

Astro wrote:

When will Donkey Kong(NES) come to the west. Isn't it already out in Japan. It should of been a day one download worldwide. And I call myself a Mario fan yet I've never even played the original Donkey Kong.

Do you have Donkey Kong Original Edition? It's the same thing with one more leel. That's when you can call yourself a Mario fan.

Games I'm playing currently: Legend of Zelda: A Link Betweeen Worlds, Tearaway
Games I'm excited for: Super Mario 3D World, Super Smash Bros. 4, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Mario Kart 8
3DS Friend Code: 1719-3467-7677
Nintendo Network ID: SupaSamiStar14

Tsuchinoko

I know the Wikipedia page still tries to list that game as a VC download (as much as I protest that), but I read that that promotion is over in Japan, so we can't get that anymore.

Is it still available in the west?

BTW, I just got Makaimura/Ghosts 'n Goblins, and that game is so hard. I can't even pass the first few screens. Time to use save states!

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

CrazyOtto

The Donkey Kong OE promotion is also over in the west.

EDIT: Also, according to Pokemaster's topic on GameFAQs, Japan's not getting any 3DSware next week.

Edited on by CrazyOtto

CrazyOtto

3DS Friend Code: 4511-0465-7453 | Nintendo Network ID: MrSRArter

KingMike

Tsuchinoko wrote:

BTW, I just got Makaimura/Ghosts 'n Goblins, and that game is so hard. I can't even pass the first few screens. Time to use save states!

You have to practice, practice!
I remember when I played Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts as a kid. I had to rent the game a few times before I could finish even the first level.

I only played a bit of Getsufuuma. Seemed pretty alright. I know there's an overworld to go between action scenes, where you can also buy items from shops, but I don't know if it's a pure platformer game or an adventure game.

KingMike

CrazyOtto

Tsuchinoko wrote:

I know the Wikipedia page still tries to list that game as a VC download (as much as I protest that), but I read that that promotion is over in Japan, so we can't get that anymore.

I just edited the Wikipedia article by striking out Donkey Kong OE, like <s>this</s>.

CrazyOtto

SparkOfSpirit

Tsuchinoko wrote:

Has anyone ever played that Getsu Fuma Den game? It looks pretty cool from the screenshots on the Nintendo website.

It's supposed to be a bit of a cult classic from what I've heard.

“A thing may be too sad to be believed or too wicked to be believed or too good to be believed; but it cannot be too absurd to be believed in this planet of frogs and elephants, of crocodiles and cuttle-fish.”
― G.K. Chesterton

KingMike

I know the character ("Fuuma"?) was popular enough to appear in at least one if not both of the "Konami Wai Wai World" games for the Famicom (the first was a side-scroller adventure game somewhat resembling Castlevania, the second was more of a standard platformer).
I think Fuuma was also popular enough to appear in this Japanese-exclusive game for PS2 and GameCube that I've heard is like a Konami/Hudson/Takara (Transformers) ripoff of Smash Bros.

KingMike

CrazyOtto

Next week, they're getting no VC and they're getting Crazy Chicken: Pirates 3D on 3DSware.

CrazyOtto

SammyOfMobius

MrSRArter wrote:

Next week, they're getting no VC and they're getting Crazy Chicken: Pirates 3D on 3DSware.

That stinks. Crazy Chicken Pirates 3D is a terrible game, I hear. Oh well they have like over 50 more games than us so they need a break from good software.

Games I'm excited for: Super Mario 3D World, Super Smash Bros. 4, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Mario Kart 8

Tsuchinoko

Okay, just for the sake of completion for our thread, next week we ARE getting 3DS VC, and its the long awaited Zelda GBC games, Oracle of Seasons/Oracle of Ages duo.

I'm speculating on what this means for other games that were released in pairs, such as Pokemon Red/Blue, but on the article for those games I was told that there was a password system implemented for the Zelda GBC pair that allowed for a bypass of the cable connectivity issue. While this is nice on something like the VC, what does it mean for games that actually required the cable, and could they still make an appearance on the 3DS VC. Discussion time!

I still thing its not impossible, since it looked like it was much harder to make a change for Sonic and Knuckles for the Wii VC. I remember that it took a while for those games to all be released for the VC as well, but it still happened. I don't remember the system that it used for the VC, but I know there wasn't any kind of special channel that was created, and it was kind of simple.

@MultiMarioSonic I agree that there isn't very good E-shop this upcoming week, but we are getting the new Layton game as a retail download, as well as the Nameko game (which is ridiculously popular here in Japan). So the 3DS E-shop isn't totally dead in this next update.

SammyOfMobius

Tsuchinoko wrote:

Okay, just for the sake of completion for our thread, next week we ARE getting 3DS VC, and its the long awaited Zelda GBC games, Oracle of Seasons/Oracle of Ages duo.

I'm speculating on what this means for other games that were released in pairs, such as Pokemon Red/Blue, but on the article for those games I was told that there was a password system implemented for the Zelda GBC pair that allowed for a bypass of the cable connectivity issue. While this is nice on something like the VC, what does it mean for games that actually required the cable, and could they still make an appearance on the 3DS VC. Discussion time!

I still thing its not impossible, since it looked like it was much harder to make a change for Sonic and Knuckles for the Wii VC. I remember that it took a while for those games to all be released for the VC as well, but it still happened. I don't remember the system that it used for the VC, but I know there wasn't any kind of special channel that was created, and it was kind of simple.

@MultiMarioSonic I agree that there isn't very good E-shop this upcoming week, but we are getting the new Layton game as a retail download, as well as the Nameko game (which is ridiculously popular here in Japan). So the 3DS E-shop isn't totally dead in this next update.

Um actually Japan is getting the Oracle games, not us. Do you live in Japan, because if so that's super-awesome.

KingMike

Indeed, the Zelda Oracle games did have a password system to transfer game-clear data between the two.
Yes, Tsuchinoko does live in Japan.

KingMike

Tsuchinoko

MultiMariosonic wrote:

Tsuchinoko wrote:

Um actually Japan is getting the Oracle games, not us. Do you live in Japan, because if so that's super-awesome.

I do live in Japan. I'm an immigrant here, speak Japanese and work here and all that.

Everyone is getting the Oracle games, just us in Japan are getting them first. If you research a bit, you find that there was a gap of a few months between the games being released when they were on the GBC.

And yeah, its not like I just got on a place randomly and came to Japan. I went through years of Japanese language and culture study, and did all the job searching stuff before getting to Japan, though I did so originally through a study-abroad program. I try to tell some of the little oraku kids that you can't just love anime and all that and expect to come here without the huge amount of work it takes, just like if you immigrate to any foreign country. That's not why I came here though, I don't even have an interest in anime/manga.

KingMike

I'm going to guess we won't be able to get the Advance Ring or whatever it was called on the VC version, so we won't be able to get a full Ring collection.
(luckily, I don't think the ring has any use except as a collectible. Except to show to your friends, and be like "ha! I have it. It doesn't do anything but I have because I'm playing this Game Boy Color game on my brand new Game Boy... ADVANCE!" )

Also, it seems Japan is also getting a special price on the games. 500 yen each 2/27 to 3/20, after that 600.
I wonder if the rest of the world will get a special price as well.

Edited on by KingMike

KingMike

CrazyOtto

It's not the next VC week yet or even VC related at all, but Tetris Axis is coming to the eShop is Japan on Feburary 28th. I've been hoping for a NA eShop release for a while since I never played my Tetris Axis cartridge much at all because of my other games but I would play it alot more if it were in my system itself, then I can sell my cartridge as well.

CrazyOtto

RR529

for 3DS download titles, Japan is getting AZITO 3D Osaka, Arc Style: Happy Ocean, and Mansion??? next week (I'm sure @Tsuchinoko will straighten up my incomplete & shoddy translation).

For VC games, they're getting a couple of NES games I don't recognize (I'm sure @Tsuchinoko will tell us all about those, once he gets here).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

CrazyOtto

^ I know the Famicom games are a Kuino game and a Goemon game

CrazyOtto

KingMike

Super Dodge Ball and the first Ganbare Goemon game.
The first Goemon is pretty bad and I'm glad I essentially got the original cart for only a buck. To finish each level, you have to find three randomly-placed passes, found only by jumping over stuff. And you'll probably have to find stairs that are also randomly placed (and invisible until jumped). It got monotonous fast. And I worse, you got 13 stages you have to finish 8 times each to get the ending (I think, maybe it was 8 stages 13 times). I guess at least it's a good thing for the 3DS suspend/restore points that you no longer have to do it in one sitting.
... at least they gave you the alternative of buying passes. So supposedly you could just farm gold. Though I'm not sure how well that works within the time limit.

KingMike

Tsuchinoko

RR529 wrote:

for 3DS download titles, Japan is getting AZITO 3D Osaka, Arc Style: Happy Ocean, and Mansion??? next week (I'm sure @Tsuchinoko will straighten up my incomplete & shoddy translation).

For VC games, they're getting a couple of NES games I don't recognize (I'm sure @Tsuchinoko will tell us all about those, once he gets here).

Sorry, I've been busy the past few weeks since I'm moving to yokohama.

The word you're looking for is "Mansion Percussion". The description is a little vague on the page, but it seems as though you move into a new apartment with noisy strange neighbors. You tap on different parts of the walls to quiet the neighbors and generally take out your stress. Its a bit strange, but I've seen funny little games like this pop up sometimes, that make fun of everyday life quirks like this.

The NES/Famicom Goemon game and the Dodgeball Kunio-kun game are up as well.

Its funny, it looks like Hamster is taking a page from the Capcom book of creating strange romanizations for words. We pronounce that word as "Ajito", not Azito. Oh well...

Edited on by Tsuchinoko

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.