Forums

Topic: New VC games in Japan

Posts 561 to 580 of 747

CrazyOtto

Tsuchinoko wrote:

EDIT: ahh, you put it up right before me. Nevermind...

You were way more detailed than I was, and my post didn't have Puyo Puyo Game Gear.

Edited on by CrazyOtto

CrazyOtto

3DS Friend Code: 4511-0465-7453 | Nintendo Network ID: MrSRArter

KingMike

Tsuchinoko wrote:

Anyway, we'll see if I have a little extra money lying around at the end of the month I might treat myself to Maduula. I'm not sure what the Romanization for it would be. Its hard to say since that word is really weird to write in Japanese. The "tu" and "du" sounds are very new to the language. It seems like a game that would work as an import game on the VC. No real Japanese in the game and the story is really primitive.

It is Madoola. The title screen (and supposedly all of what little text is in the game) is in English.

KingMike

Tsuchinoko

I see. Well in either case its not important.

On another note, I'm starting to feel that with all this news coming out, that the 3DS e-shop is getting a little left behind. With news that GBA games are going to be coming out on the WiiU (and not the 3DS as we hoped), and the good amount of high profile releases that the e-shop is getting, I feel like the 3DS is now pushed back to a secondary priority. The VC has slowed down a lot, new puzzles and updates are rare, and overall it feels that even though the 3DS is the bigger money-maker (especially in Japan), since WiiU sales have been slow, while WiiU isn't selling nearly as much as they hoped, I just think that they're not really going the extra mile to please fans like they could be.

Anyway, just ranting. Feel free to ignore this post if you want.

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

CrazyOtto

Tsuchinoko wrote:

On another note, I'm starting to feel that with all this news coming out, that the 3DS e-shop is getting a little left behind. With news that GBA games are going to be coming out on the WiiU (and not the 3DS as we hoped), and the good amount of high profile releases that the e-shop is getting, I feel like the 3DS is now pushed back to a secondary priority. The VC has slowed down a lot, new puzzles and updates are rare, and overall it feels that even though the 3DS is the bigger money-maker (especially in Japan), since WiiU sales have been slow, while WiiU isn't selling nearly as much as they hoped, I just think that they're not really going the extra mile to please fans like they could be.

Iwata said we'll see a 3DS focused Nintendo Direct

CrazyOtto

3DS Friend Code: 4511-0465-7453 | Nintendo Network ID: MrSRArter

Tsuchinoko

MrSRArter wrote:

Tsuchinoko wrote:

When did he say that? Was it during the WiiU ND? When is it going to be? I'm not seeing anything for it on the Nintendo site.

Hokori

Tsuchinoko wrote:

MrSRArter wrote:

Tsuchinoko wrote:

When did he say that? Was it during the WiiU ND? When is it going to be? I'm not seeing anything for it on the Nintendo site.

At the very end of the WiiU ND he said "well have a 3DS ND VERY SOON"

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
W...

Tsuchinoko

Hokori wrote:

Tsuchinoko wrote:

MrSRArter wrote:

Tsuchinoko wrote:

At the very end of the WiiU ND he said "well have a 3DS ND VERY SOON"

Hmm, thanks. BTW I'm not sure you actually know what kawaii means. I think you're overthinking it.

Anyway, hoping for some good news.

Hokori

^kawaii mean cute, and there's a lot in the nico nico community on Miiverse for wiiu

Digitaloggery
Nintendo of Japan
W...

Tsuchinoko

Hokori wrote:

^kawaii mean cute, and there's a lot in the nico nico community on Miiverse for wiiu

Dude, I actually speak Japanese and live in Japan. I know what it means. But you seem to think it has these extra meanings and special properties and make it this magical word. I don't even see 7 year old girls use it the way you do. Seeing a (straight) foreign male of adult age use it like some overblown anime character just strikes me as really weird.

Plus, its a adjective and not a noun...

Edited on by Tsuchinoko

Hokori

^well ok, but I just like stuff that's cute... It is a weakness....

Digitaloggery
Nintendo of Japan
W...

Tsuchinoko

Hokori wrote:

^well ok, but I just like stuff that's cute... It is a weakness....

Ok, I get that. Just you know, relax a bit. I've seen really loud nerdy anime obsessed foreigners completely scare the crap out of Japanese people. Most Japanese people are a lot more laid back and quiet than people realize.

Anyway, you changed your user name again. Is that the hokori that means "pride"?

Hokori

^yep I'm a bit proud of myself latley
I just got to change my avatar... It's getting old

Edited on by Hokori

Digitaloggery
Nintendo of Japan
W...

Tsuchinoko

Hokori wrote:

^yep I'm a bit proud of myself latley
I just got to change my avatar... It's getting old

Eh, I think its fine. Mine is even more outdated.

Tsuchinoko

Just a quick pop in to report the 2012 3DS VC ranking, as shown on the E-shop.

This is in order of popularity, most sold. Top 25 games.

-Super Mario Bros (Famicom)
-Hoshi no Kirby 2/Kirby's Dream Land 2(Game Boy)
-Super Mario Bros 2 (original, not USA)
-Legend of Zelda: Links Awakening (Game Boy Color)
-Super Mario Land 2: 6 Gold Coins (Game Boy)
-Sonic and Tails 2/Sonic Triple Trouble (Game Gear)
-Donkey Kong (Game Boy)
-Hoshi no Kirby/Kirby's Dream Land (Game Boy)
-Kaeru no tame ni kane ha naru (Game Boy)
-Super Mario Land (Game Boy)
-Rockman 2/Megaman 2 (Famicom)
-Legend of Zelda (Famicom)
-Tetris (Famicom)
-Warioland: Super Mario Land 3 (Game Boy)
-Rockman/Megaman (Famicom)
-Metroid (Famicom)
-Qix (Game Boy)
-Downtown Special: Kunio-kun no Jidaigeki da yo Zen'in Shūgō!/Downtown Special: It's Kunio's Period Piece, Assemble Everyone! (Game Boy)
-Fire Emblem (Famicom)
-G Sonic/Sonic Blast (Game Gear)
-Warioland 2 (Game Boy Color)
-Warioland 3 (Game Boy Color)
-Metroid II (Game Boy)
-Rockman 3/Megaman 3 (Famicom)
-Rockman 6/Megaman 6 (Famicom)

Any surprises? Games that you thought would be more popular?

I noticed games like Castlevania, Super Mario USA, the Game Boy Megaman, Kid Icarus, and Ninja Gaiden aren't there. Super Mario Bros 3 was release on the 1st of January, so that wasn't included. Other than that I totally think the list is what I thought would be on there. Qix was a bit random though.

Part of me is a little pleasantly surprised that a little game like Kaeru no tame ni kane ha naru, which came out so long ago and isn't a typical RPG and has a very silly comedic, yet satirical story was so high on that list.

Edited on by Tsuchinoko

Hokori

@Tsuchinoko I'm actually surprised Sonic Triple Trouble is as high up as it is, I thought sonic wasn't that popular there
Also is there a 3DS DL top list? Like with games like Pushmo or Denpa Men on it?

Edited on by Hokori

Digitaloggery
Nintendo of Japan
W...

Tsuchinoko

Hokori wrote:

@Tsuchinoko I'm actually surprised Sonic Triple Trouble is as high up as it is, I thought sonic wasn't that popular there
Also is there a 3DS DL top list? Like with games like Pushmo or Denpa Men on it?

I said this same thing to someone in a post about Project X Zone when he said that he thought a lot of the franchises were most popular in the west than in Japan. Its always weird when people try to say whats popular and whats not in another country. Although I hear that about Sonic a lot, that he's not popular in Japan, he's popular enough, just not as much as say, Zelda and Link, Mario, Luigi, Pokemon, pretty much all RPGs, Layton, Phoenix Wright/Naruhodo Ryuichi, or a lot of other characters. His popularity has gone down everywhere, but I would say that's from the successes of a lot of other games, and the recent failures of his own franchise. Japanese people as a whole still like his older games, just like everyone else.

And yeah, there's 3DS E-shop game list, but I didn't check that. I can tomorrow or sometime this week and put that down here for you. I was much more interested in the VC list.

This list does show the relative lack in popularity of the Game Gear games as a whole. Those two Sonic games were the only Game Gear games on that list.

Edited on by Tsuchinoko

CanisWolfred

I actually thought Sonic was still pretty popular in Japan. Even if it's not by much, I'm still a little disheartened to hear he's fallen down the rungs.

Anyways, that list isn't much different from the American list, aside from the Mega Man and other games that didn't make it over here. Still, those games that didn't make it over here - Fire Emblem, Kunio-Kun, and For the Frog The Bell Tolls - I'm actually quite pleased they made it on the list. Not bad.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

TheDreamingHawk

Ugh. ANOTHER GG GAME in Japan?

Come onnnnnnn SEGA, release Sonic labyrinth and blast in the US already.

A Supporter of Reggie Fils-Aime and Respectful opinions
Pokemon black 2 FC: 1808 0259 1596

3DS Friend Code: 4725-7951-6337 | Nintendo Network ID: TheDreaminHawk

KingMike

Tsuchinoko wrote:

Hokori wrote:

Dude, I actually speak Japanese and live in Japan. I know what it means. But you seem to think it has these extra meanings and special properties and make it this magical word. I don't even see 7 year old girls use it the way you do. Seeing a (straight) foreign male of adult age use it like some overblown anime character just strikes me as really weird.

Kawaii is one of those words that seems to have really gotten into the vocabulary (whether correctly used or not) of non-Japanese fans of anime/manga/games, etc. (been seeing people saying it all over since I started browsing gaming forums in the early 2000s)

Edited on by KingMike

KingMike

Tsuchinoko

KingMike wrote:

Tsuchinoko wrote:

Hokori wrote:

Kawaii is one of those words that seems to have really gotten into the vocabulary (whether correctly used or not) of non-Japanese fans of anime/manga/games, etc. (been seeing people saying it all over since I started browsing gaming forums in the early 2000s)

I notice that sometimes too on these types of forums. Its a little startling (and I partially blame Gwen Stefani for people thinking Japanese people just use that word in all sorts of crazy ways, ugh). I mean, people use it to mean cute, but its not overused more than any other word. Its funny but when I first got to Japan during study abroad, it was always the super nerdy anime/manga lovers that didn't do very well in Japanese classes because they misused a lot of words, and a lot of them didn't extend their stay like a lot of us did. Its like once they saw real Japan, their image was shattered or something, since you know, there's not cat-ear girls and robots everywhere. .

Edited on by Tsuchinoko

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.