CrazyOtto

561. Posted:

Next week, they're getting:
@SIMPLE DL Series Vol. 7: THE Uwaki Kareshi ~Totsugeki! Uwaki Genba~ [3DSWare]
peakvox Myuu Myuu Train [3DSWare]

Madoola no Tsubasa ( The Wing of Madoola) [FC VC]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Wing_of_Madoola

Nazo no Minigame [DSiWare]

EDIT: The Wing of Madoola was never on the Wii VC in Japan.

Edited on by CrazyOtto

Rest in Peace ShiftyLook
I keep these Nintendo Life threads updated: Missing 3DS VC and Wii U VC between regions, Full of list first party Game Boy, Game Boy Color, and Game Gear games missing from the 3DS VC, and Full of list first party Game Boy Advance games missing from the Wii U VC.

3DS Friend Code: 4511-0465-7453 | Nintendo Network ID: MrSRArter

AuthorMessage

Tsuchinoko

562. Posted:

Nobody has put the update up, so I will.

Next week we get the Japanese exclusive Famicom game The Wing of Maduula (マドゥーラの翼), as well as Puyo Puyo for the Game Gear. Nintendo hasn't put it up on the main page, but on the VC games sup-page Puyo Puyo is showing up there.

The e-shop is getting Mew Mew Train (a dash, run for the goal type of game), and another entry in the DL Simple series, #7 - The Cheating Boyfriend.

Also the new Jinguji Saburou game (known as Jake Hunter in the west) is set up as a download game.

EDIT: ahh, you put it up right before me. Nevermind...

I never even heard of The Wing of Maduula, it looks eerily similar to The Adventure of Link

So glad to finally be getting another Game Gear game, though we already have the 3DS anniversary version of Puyo Puyo on the E-shop, as well as a 300 yen mini version.

Edited on by Tsuchinoko

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

AuthorMessage

KingMike

563. Posted:

I hear Wing of Madoola is another game just asking for savestate abuse. :D
(it's a side-scroller action game. Supposedly you upgrade by finding hideen items, but is said to be extremely hard.
At least it had a continue code.)

At least when I looked for a copy last year, it seemed to be a bit difficult to find a copy online (only one of several sites I checked had a single copy. Unless I just checked at a bad time. I ended up taking that cart-only for like $15 and shipping). Of course I have no idea about in actual Japanese stores.
I don't know if that is because it at least got a little attention last year when web blog Kotaku webcasted a localized episode of Game Center CX/Retro Game Master featuring the game.

Too bad NA still hasn't gotten a Game Gear game since the launch trio. Not Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine or Puyo-Puyo (it's said the Japanese game actually has an English translation, never released alone, if you play the Japanese cart on a non-Japanese GG system. Would be cool if Sega released that, but I think it's obvious if they do release it in NA, it will only be the Robotnik version.)

KingMike

AuthorMessage

Tsuchinoko

564. Posted:

KingMike wrote:

I hear Wing of Madoola is another game just asking for savestate abuse. :D
(it's a side-scroller action game. Supposedly you upgrade by finding hideen items, but is said to be extremely hard.
At least it had a continue code.)

At least when I looked for a copy last year, it seemed to be a bit difficult to find a copy online (only one of several sites I checked had a single copy. Unless I just checked at a bad time. I ended up taking that cart-only for like $15 and shipping). Of course I have no idea about in actual Japanese stores.
I don't know if that is because it at least got a little attention last year when web blog Kotaku webcasted a localized episode of Game Center CX/Retro Game Master featuring the game.

Too bad NA still hasn't gotten a Game Gear game since the launch trio. Not Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine or Puyo-Puyo (it's said the Japanese game actually has an English translation, never released alone, if you play the Japanese cart on a non-Japanese GG system. Would be cool if Sega released that, but I think it's obvious if they do release it in NA, it will only be the Robotnik version.)

I feel like Puyo Puyo had several releases in the west. Maybe that's just because I'm so used to hearing about these games in conversation or seeing them in person that my memory is a little mixed up.

That's weird that the Japanese cart would do that. I thought the only titles that did that ever were Neo Geo games.

Anyway, we'll see if I have a little extra money lying around at the end of the month I might treat myself to Maduula. I'm not sure what the Romanization for it would be. Its hard to say since that word is really weird to write in Japanese. The "tu" and "du" sounds are very new to the language. It seems like a game that would work as an import game on the VC. No real Japanese in the game and the story is really primitive.

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842

AuthorMessage

Tsuchinoko

565. Posted:

Oh, and you know what, sorry to double post, but this topic is totally different from my last one.

Can I just complain a bit about the new design for the Japanese Nintendo website. It was so much more organized and intuitive before. Now you have weird little things like Puyo Puyo not showing up on the main page, and even when you click the specific console tabs not all the games will show up (ones that comes to mind is G-LOC, which does not show up on the Game Gear games page, but does on the 3DS VC page when you click "All".

My main complaint is that on the VC page, the one bit of information that isn't shown is what system the games belong to. You have to click on their specific pages to find that out. That's harder to do when some games (like Puyo Puyo right now) don't have pages set up right away, so you have to guess their system based on the price, or if they show up on their console-specific pages (if they do show up). :(

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842

AuthorMessage

CrazyOtto

566. Posted:

Tsuchinoko wrote:

EDIT: ahh, you put it up right before me. Nevermind...

You were way more detailed than I was, and my post didn't have Puyo Puyo Game Gear.

Edited on by CrazyOtto

Rest in Peace ShiftyLook
I keep these Nintendo Life threads updated: Missing 3DS VC and Wii U VC between regions, Full of list first party Game Boy, Game Boy Color, and Game Gear games missing from the 3DS VC, and Full of list first party Game Boy Advance games missing from the Wii U VC.

AuthorMessage

KingMike

567. Posted:

Tsuchinoko wrote:

Anyway, we'll see if I have a little extra money lying around at the end of the month I might treat myself to Maduula. I'm not sure what the Romanization for it would be. Its hard to say since that word is really weird to write in Japanese. The "tu" and "du" sounds are very new to the language. It seems like a game that would work as an import game on the VC. No real Japanese in the game and the story is really primitive.

It is Madoola. The title screen (and supposedly all of what little text is in the game) is in English.

KingMike

AuthorMessage

Tsuchinoko

568. Posted:

I see. Well in either case its not important.

On another note, I'm starting to feel that with all this news coming out, that the 3DS e-shop is getting a little left behind. With news that GBA games are going to be coming out on the WiiU (and not the 3DS as we hoped), and the good amount of high profile releases that the e-shop is getting, I feel like the 3DS is now pushed back to a secondary priority. The VC has slowed down a lot, new puzzles and updates are rare, and overall it feels that even though the 3DS is the bigger money-maker (especially in Japan), since WiiU sales have been slow, while WiiU isn't selling nearly as much as they hoped, I just think that they're not really going the extra mile to please fans like they could be.

Anyway, just ranting. Feel free to ignore this post if you want.

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842

AuthorMessage

CrazyOtto

569. Posted:

Tsuchinoko wrote:

On another note, I'm starting to feel that with all this news coming out, that the 3DS e-shop is getting a little left behind. With news that GBA games are going to be coming out on the WiiU (and not the 3DS as we hoped), and the good amount of high profile releases that the e-shop is getting, I feel like the 3DS is now pushed back to a secondary priority. The VC has slowed down a lot, new puzzles and updates are rare, and overall it feels that even though the 3DS is the bigger money-maker (especially in Japan), since WiiU sales have been slow, while WiiU isn't selling nearly as much as they hoped, I just think that they're not really going the extra mile to please fans like they could be.

Iwata said we'll see a 3DS focused Nintendo Direct

Rest in Peace ShiftyLook

AuthorMessage

Tsuchinoko

570. Posted:

MrSRArter wrote:

Tsuchinoko wrote:

When did he say that? Was it during the WiiU ND? When is it going to be? I'm not seeing anything for it on the Nintendo site.

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842

AuthorMessage

Hokori

571. Posted:

Tsuchinoko wrote:

MrSRArter wrote:

Tsuchinoko wrote:

When did he say that? Was it during the WiiU ND? When is it going to be? I'm not seeing anything for it on the Nintendo site.

At the very end of the WiiU ND he said "well have a 3DS ND VERY SOON"

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
Welcome to my emassary of doom >: }

AuthorMessage

Tsuchinoko

572. Posted:

Hokori wrote:

Tsuchinoko wrote:

MrSRArter wrote:

Tsuchinoko wrote:

At the very end of the WiiU ND he said "well have a 3DS ND VERY SOON"

Hmm, thanks. BTW I'm not sure you actually know what kawaii means. I think you're overthinking it.

Anyway, hoping for some good news.

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842

AuthorMessage

Hokori

573. Posted:

^kawaii mean cute, and there's a lot in the nico nico community on Miiverse for wiiu

Digitaloggery
Nintendo of Japan

AuthorMessage

Tsuchinoko

574. Posted:

Hokori wrote:

^kawaii mean cute, and there's a lot in the nico nico community on Miiverse for wiiu

Dude, I actually speak Japanese and live in Japan. I know what it means. But you seem to think it has these extra meanings and special properties and make it this magical word. I don't even see 7 year old girls use it the way you do. Seeing a (straight) foreign male of adult age use it like some overblown anime character just strikes me as really weird.

Plus, its a adjective and not a noun...

Edited on by Tsuchinoko

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842

AuthorMessage

Hokori

575. Posted:

^well ok, but I just like stuff that's cute... It is a weakness....

Digitaloggery
Nintendo of Japan

AuthorMessage

Tsuchinoko

576. Posted:

Hokori wrote:

^well ok, but I just like stuff that's cute... It is a weakness....

Ok, I get that. Just you know, relax a bit. I've seen really loud nerdy anime obsessed foreigners completely scare the crap out of Japanese people. Most Japanese people are a lot more laid back and quiet than people realize.

Anyway, you changed your user name again. Is that the hokori that means "pride"?

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842

AuthorMessage

Hokori

577. Posted:

^yep I'm a bit proud of myself latley
I just got to change my avatar... It's getting old :(

Edited on by Hokori

Digitaloggery
Nintendo of Japan

AuthorMessage

Tsuchinoko

578. Posted:

Hokori wrote:

^yep I'm a bit proud of myself latley
I just got to change my avatar... It's getting old :(

Eh, I think its fine. Mine is even more outdated.

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842

AuthorMessage

Tsuchinoko

579. Posted:

Just a quick pop in to report the 2012 3DS VC ranking, as shown on the E-shop.

This is in order of popularity, most sold. Top 25 games.

-Super Mario Bros (Famicom)
-Hoshi no Kirby 2/Kirby's Dream Land 2(Game Boy)
-Super Mario Bros 2 (original, not USA)
-Legend of Zelda: Links Awakening (Game Boy Color)
-Super Mario Land 2: 6 Gold Coins (Game Boy)
-Sonic and Tails 2/Sonic Triple Trouble (Game Gear)
-Donkey Kong (Game Boy)
-Hoshi no Kirby/Kirby's Dream Land (Game Boy)
-Kaeru no tame ni kane ha naru (Game Boy)
-Super Mario Land (Game Boy)
-Rockman 2/Megaman 2 (Famicom)
-Legend of Zelda (Famicom)
-Tetris (Famicom)
-Warioland: Super Mario Land 3 (Game Boy)
-Rockman/Megaman (Famicom)
-Metroid (Famicom)
-Qix (Game Boy)
-Downtown Special: Kunio-kun no Jidaigeki da yo Zen'in Shūgō!/Downtown Special: It's Kunio's Period Piece, Assemble Everyone! (Game Boy)
-Fire Emblem (Famicom)
-G Sonic/Sonic Blast (Game Gear)
-Warioland 2 (Game Boy Color)
-Warioland 3 (Game Boy Color)
-Metroid II (Game Boy)
-Rockman 3/Megaman 3 (Famicom)
-Rockman 6/Megaman 6 (Famicom)

Any surprises? Games that you thought would be more popular?

I noticed games like Castlevania, Super Mario USA, the Game Boy Megaman, Kid Icarus, and Ninja Gaiden aren't there. Super Mario Bros 3 was release on the 1st of January, so that wasn't included. Other than that I totally think the list is what I thought would be on there. Qix was a bit random though.

Part of me is a little pleasantly surprised that a little game like Kaeru no tame ni kane ha naru, which came out so long ago and isn't a typical RPG and has a very silly comedic, yet satirical story was so high on that list.

Edited on by Tsuchinoko

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842

AuthorMessage

Hokori

580. Posted:

@Tsuchinoko I'm actually surprised Sonic Triple Trouble is as high up as it is, I thought sonic wasn't that popular there
Also is there a 3DS DL top list? Like with games like Pushmo or Denpa Men on it?

Edited on by Hokori

Digitaloggery
Nintendo of Japan