By god, that isn't even on wii!

A Supporter of Reggie Fils-Aime and Respectful opinions
Pokemon black 2 FC: 1808 0259 1596

3DS Friend Code: 4725-7951-6337 | Nintendo Network ID: TheDreaminHawk

AuthorMessage

KingMike

502. Posted:

Tsuchinoko wrote:

The update for next week in Japan will include Megaman/Rockman 6 and a space shooting game called "Summer Carnival '92" that was a Japan exclusive. Reminds me of Galaga only vertical. Both are for the NES/Famicom.

I don't think there's anybody outside Japan at all that would want to play that Summer Carnival '92 - Recca thing. :D

Edited on by KingMike

KingMike

AuthorMessage

CrazyOtto

503. Posted:

They're also getting Johnny Kung Fu

Rest in Peace ShiftyLook
I keep these Nintendo Life threads updated: Missing 3DS VC and Wii U VC between regions, Full of list first party Game Boy, Game Boy Color, and Game Gear games missing from the 3DS VC, and Full of list first party Game Boy Advance games missing from the Wii U VC.

3DS Friend Code: 4511-0465-7453 | Nintendo Network ID: MrSRArter

AuthorMessage

RR529

504. Posted:

MrSRArter wrote:

They're also getting Johnny Kung Fu

What? On NOJ's website, the only "3DSWare" game coming out alongside Rockman 6 & Summer Carnival '92 is a game called Azito 3D Tokyo.

Currently Playing:

InFamous (PS3)
Godzilla: Smash 3 (AND)
Tank Hero (AND)

AuthorMessage

CrazyOtto

505. Posted:

Also, I just noticed that not only Mega/Rockman 6 was never on Wii, but Summer Carnival '92 was never on the Wii VC in any regions either, not even in Japan. I guess they're doing two games never on the Wii VC because this update will be their first eShop update after their Wii U launch.

Rest in Peace ShiftyLook
I keep these Nintendo Life threads updated: Missing 3DS VC and Wii U VC between regions, Full of list first party Game Boy, Game Boy Color, and Game Gear games missing from the 3DS VC, and Full of list first party Game Boy Advance games missing from the Wii U VC.

AuthorMessage

Brando67854321

506. Posted:

@MrSRArter Megaman 6 should have came to the wii vc first because I have megaman 1-5 for a few years & I did not say wii u vc because capcom support is abysmal & the wii u wont get more capcom games outside of monster hunter which is cursed to sell bad outside of japan!:P As for megaman 6 on the 3ds, no buy capcom! Just because capcom does not think wii u the start of the 8th gen doesn't mean they can deny 3 games on wii u!:P :(

Edited on by Brando67854321

3ds fc: 2105-8830-0319
wii fc: 0500-8596-7164-8140
Nintendo Network ID: Brando2041
Give me SSF4+5 capcom or else you WILL be sorry because SSFIV:3D sucked!
Not changing my statements until mario party 1 gets on the virtual console.

AuthorMessage

TheDreamingHawk

507. Posted:

Brando67854321 wrote:

@MrSRArter Megaman 6 should have came to the wii vc first because I have megaman 1-5 for a few years & I did not say wii u vc because capcom support is abysmal & the wii u wont get more capcom games outside of monster hunter which is cursed to sell bad outside of japan!:P As for megaman 6 on the 3ds, no buy capcom! Just because capcom does not think wii u the start of the 8th gen doesn't mean they can deny 3 games on wii u!:P :(

Wii VC is outdated and probably not used anymore, and the wii U HAS no VC, so they can't drop it there. 3DS is their best option.

AuthorMessage

Brando67854321

508. Posted:

TheDreamingHawk wrote:

3DS is their best option.

No they RATHER support 3ds!:P capcom just did a VERY poor job at wii u support!:P I MUCH rather play megaman 6 on a console than a stupid, greedy portable hogging all of the capcom support!:(

Edited on by Brando67854321

3ds fc: 2105-8830-0319
wii fc: 0500-8596-7164-8140
Nintendo Network ID: Brando2041
Give me SSF4+5 capcom or else you WILL be sorry because SSFIV:3D sucked!
Not changing my statements until mario party 1 gets on the virtual console.

AuthorMessage

Morphbug

509. Posted:

That was rather amusing to read.

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

AuthorMessage

Takosuke

510. Posted:

KingMike wrote:

Tsuchinoko wrote:

The update for next week in Japan will include Megaman/Rockman 6 and a space shooting game called "Summer Carnival '92" that was a Japan exclusive. Reminds me of Galaga only vertical. Both are for the NES/Famicom.

I don't think there's anybody outside Japan at all that would want to play that Summer Carnival '92 - Recca thing. :D

If there's one thing worth getting hyped over about the slimmest modicum of a 3DS release, it's Recca. Not only because carts are very rare and expensive, but it's excellent for short burst of gameplay - sessions typically only last a few minutes.

Not only that but it's genuinely one of the best (and ball-bustlingly hard) games on the Famicom. No other FC game is as exhilarating and testing right from the get-go (certainly not Rockman ;)). Add to this the incredible Sunsoft-esque soundtrack, the oodles of weapons which makes even Gradius blush, the awesomely powerful charge shot which requires a little strategy and brevity to use, the compulsive medal-collecting, loads of modes and you have a game that is un-putdownable for hundreds of times.

My finger are certainly crossed for this one. Crossed with staples.

Takosuke

AuthorMessage

CrazyOtto

511. Posted:

Cyberfront seems to be bringing western eShop games to Japan, they brought Fun Fun Minigolf TOUCH earlier in the year, now they're brought Johnny Kung Fu over for this week, now Zombie Slayer Diox is slated for a Japan release this month as well. While Japan will probably never get Mighty Switch Force or Mutant Mudds, but they probably will get Art of Balance TOUCH and Fractured Soul.

Next week, they will get...
Gurutto Splash! [3DSWare]
Dasshutsu Adventure Majo no Sumu Yakata [3DSWare]
Bird Mania 3D [3DSWare]
peakvox Ririrythm [3DSWare]
Riki Densetsu [3DSWare]

Spelunker [FC VC]
Dorua-ga no Tou (The Tower of Druaga) [FC VC]

Rest in Peace ShiftyLook

AuthorMessage

Hokori

512. Posted:

Wow they get bird mania?

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
Welcome to my emassary of doom >: }

AuthorMessage

CrazyOtto

513. Posted:

HarmoKnight wrote:

Wow they get bird mania?

They're also getting Johnny Kung Fu and Zombie Slayer Diox so nothing's impossible at this point.

Rest in Peace ShiftyLook

AuthorMessage

Tsuchinoko

514. Posted:

Five straight weeks on the VC with nothing but Famicom games, and still no Ghosts n' Goblins.

That one Game Gear, one Game Boy game a month rule went out the window.

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842Playing:極限脱出 9時間9人9の扉ファイアーエムブレム覚醒 (Fire Emblem Kakusei), Monster Hunter 4, 二ノ国漆黒の魔道士(Ni No Kuni), 妖怪ウォッチ(Yokai Watch)

AuthorMessage

RR529

515. Posted:

I'm actually kinda surprised that Johnny Kung Fu made it over, with it's potentially offensive racial stereotyping.

You know, the evil Mr. Wang & the Wang Gang O_O (unless they changed his name).

Currently Playing:

InFamous (PS3)
Godzilla: Smash 3 (AND)
Tank Hero (AND)

AuthorMessage

Tsuchinoko

516. Posted:

RR529 wrote:

I'm actually kinda surprised that Johnny Kung Fu made it over, with it's potentially offensive racial stereotyping.

You know, the evil Mr. Wang & the Wang Gang O_O (unless they changed his name).

No, the names are essentially the same, though no Japanese person would pick up on any kind of joke in that name. Its written as Mr. Wan, which is a real Chinese name anyway. I don't know if they changed any of the story or dialogue though. I'm sure they would have to make it more palatable to the audience here.

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842Playing:極限脱出 9時間9人9の扉ファイアーエムブレム覚醒 (Fire Emblem Kakusei), Monster Hunter 4, 二ノ国漆黒の魔道士(Ni No Kuni), 妖怪ウォッチ(Yokai Watch)

AuthorMessage

Don

517. Posted:

Since Japan got SMB Lost Levels and Super Mario-Doki Doki Panic on 3DS VC, I guess it will get SMB 3 eventually. Hopefully all the NES Mario games will get released on 3DS VC in the West as well.

Don

AuthorMessage

CrazyOtto

518. Posted:

Don wrote:

Since Japan got SMB Lost Levels and Super Mario-Doki Doki Panic on 3DS VC, I guess it will get SMB 3 eventually. Hopefully all the NES Mario games will get released on 3DS VC in the West as well.

Probably, were actually getting SMB2J as our first 3DS VC import before 2012 ends.

Rest in Peace ShiftyLook

AuthorMessage

TheDreamingHawk

519. Posted:

Brando67854321 wrote:

TheDreamingHawk wrote:

3DS is their best option.

No they RATHER support 3ds!:P capcom just did a VERY poor job at wii u support!:P I MUCH rather play megaman 6 on a console than a stupid, greedy portable hogging all of the capcom support!:(

How is wii u having bad support when it JUST CAME OUT. Wii is out of date anyway so 3DS is still their only reasonable option.

AuthorMessage

Tsuchinoko

520. Posted:

Nobody's updated this page yet so I'm guessing its only been Nintendo's Japanese site that has the info up and not wikipedia.

Another set of Famicom/NES games, this time we have the original Famicom Wars, as well as Milon's Big Adventure (Miron no Daiboken, or what is known as Milon's Secret Castle).

Still no Game Boy or Game Boy Color games, and no Game Gear, but at least I'm going to finally get my Famicom Wars, which I've been wanting for so long (though I was originally wanting the Game Boy version).