3DS Virtual Console Forum

Topic: New VC games in Japan

Showing 461 to 480 of 760

AuthorMessage

Brando67854321

461. Posted:

TheDreamingHawk wrote:

Not if you treat it as a 2D game.

I stopped as I read that. Other than sonic pocket adventure on the neo-geo pocket color, can you think of any good portable sonic games? They're all garbage! Why do people love that crappy version is a complete mystery to me!:P

Edited on by Brando67854321

3ds fc: 2105-8830-0319
wii fc: 0500-8596-7164-8140
Nintendo Network ID: Brando2041
Give me SSF4+5 capcom or else you WILL be sorry because SSFIV:3D sucked!
Not changing my statements until mario party 1 gets on the virtual console.

AuthorMessage

Hokori

462. Posted:

Brando67854321 wrote:

TheDreamingHawk wrote:

Not if you treat it as a 2D game.

I stopped as I read that. Other than sonic pocket adventure on the neo-geo pocket color, can you think of any good portable sonic games? They're all garbage! Why do people love that crappy version is a complete mystery to me!:P

Sonic triple trouble, Sonic advance 1-4, sonic rush, sonic rush adventures, and sonic generations 3DS

Edited on by Hokori

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
Welcome to my emassary of doom >: }

AuthorMessage

Brando67854321

463. Posted:

HarmoKnight wrote:

Sonic triple trouble, Sonic advance 1-4, sonic rush, sonic rush adventures, and sonic generations 3DS

Fixed that for you! Wow I love how people think generations 3ds is fun when It's not because it sucks in comparison to the console versions! Thats why I stopped playing sonic after that trash!:P Sega, that version was NOT supposed to happen!

Edited on by Brando67854321

3ds fc: 2105-8830-0319
wii fc: 0500-8596-7164-8140
Nintendo Network ID: Brando2041
Give me SSF4+5 capcom or else you WILL be sorry because SSFIV:3D sucked!
Not changing my statements until mario party 1 gets on the virtual console.

AuthorMessage

TheDreamingHawk

464. Posted:

Brando67854321 wrote:

HarmoKnight wrote:

Fixed that for you! Wow I love how people think generations 3ds is fun when It's not because it sucks in comparison to the console versions! Thats why I stopped playing sonic after that trash!:P Sega, that version was NOT supposed to happen!

Hem hem, let me tell you all of the sonic games on handhelds that have gotten ratings 7.0 or higher on websites (Including user reviews)

Sonic Gens 3DS
Sonic Advance 1-3
Sonic 1, 2, Chaos, Triple Trouble, Blast (Why isn't that on NA VC?), Labyrinth,
Tails' adventure
Rush 1
rush 2

So yeah, pretty much every sonic game on handheld is good. They aren't perfect, but they get the job done. Besides, the only real problem about Gens 3DS is the length. It's too short unless you do missions, but it's still fun when it lasts. If it was bad then it wouldn't have recieved a 8/10 in NP.

Besides, if sonic Gens was a BAD game, then why did sega release that when they refuse to release the 2 GG games that were slated for july?

A Supporter of Reggie Fils-Aime and Respectful opinions
Pokemon black 2 FC: 1808 0259 1596

3DS Friend Code: 4725-7951-6337 | Nintendo Network ID: TheDreaminHawk

AuthorMessage

SparkOfSpirit

465. Posted:

Sonic 1 8-bit and Sonic Advance 1 are excellent portable Sonic games. I'm really not sure why they seem to get trashed despite them being extremely good 2D platformers.

“A thing may be too sad to be believed or too wicked to be believed or too good to be believed; but it cannot be too absurd to be believed in this planet of frogs and elephants, of crocodiles and cuttle-fish.”
― G.K. Chesterton

AuthorMessage

Tsuchinoko

466. Posted:

TheDreamingHawk wrote:

Brando67854321 wrote:

HarmoKnight wrote:

Hem hem, let me tell you all of the sonic games on handhelds that have gotten ratings 7.0 or higher on websites (Including user reviews)

Sonic Gens 3DS
Sonic Advance 1-3
Sonic 1, 2, Chaos, Triple Trouble, Blast (Why isn't that on NA VC?), Labyrinth,
Tails' adventure
Rush 1
rush 2

So yeah, pretty much every sonic game on handheld is good. They aren't perfect, but they get the job done. Besides, the only real problem about Gens 3DS is the length. It's too short unless you do missions, but it's still fun when it lasts. If it was bad then it wouldn't have recieved a 8/10 in NP.

Besides, if sonic Gens was a BAD game, then why did sega release that when they refuse to release the 2 GG games that were slated for july?

Yeah, but the main thing is, this new game, Sonic Drift 2, and Sonic Labyrinth have gotten only abysmal reviews, and I think they've become for many people the image of what a portable Sonic game is. And of course, people love to compare the GG Sonic games to the Mega Drive/Genesis games. If you do that, of course they're going to look inferior, but I remember the Game Gear version of Sonic 2 fondly, and Triple Trouble did also get decent reviews.

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842Playing:極限脱出 9時間9人9の扉ファイアーエムブレム覚醒 (Fire Emblem Kakusei), Monster Hunter 4, 二ノ国漆黒の魔道士(Ni No Kuni), 妖怪ウォッチ(Yokai Watch)

AuthorMessage

TheDreamingHawk

467. Posted:

Don't forget Tails' adventure, Sonic 1 on GG, and Sonic Blast. If they don't want to release the 2 GG games we should have had a long time ago, then AT LEAST put a game that will get good sales no matter what like Columns.

AuthorMessage

TheDreamingHawk

468. Posted:

Hm... Placing BIG bets on Nazo no Mursame-jo coming to the Japanese Eshop this year to celebrate Takamaru's return in Nintendo land. It was going to be a 3D classic after all.

(And god I hope it comes here, I just love how fun the game is and how dumb the ending is)

AuthorMessage

Hokori

469. Posted:

@TDH if it came to US 3DSes I'd buy it so fast

Digitaloggery
Nintendo of Japan

AuthorMessage

RR529

470. Posted:

Japan is getting Pacman (Famicom/NES) for their 3DS VC.

For their "3DSWare", they're getting the one Guild 01 game that hasn't had a western announcement (the rhythm/blacksmithing one, where you make weapons for the heroes).

Currently Playing:

InFamous (PS3)
Picross e2 (3DS eShop)

AuthorMessage

Hokori

471. Posted:

^thats weird, but cool, if I were to guess thatll come in 2013 for us

Digitaloggery
Nintendo of Japan

AuthorMessage

CrazyOtto

472. Posted:

Eh.. I already have the arcade version on Pac-Man & Galaga Dimensions with online leaderboards.

Rest in Peace ShiftyLook
I keep these Nintendo Life threads updated: Missing 3DS VC and Wii U VC between regions, Full of list first party Game Boy, Game Boy Color, and Game Gear games missing from the 3DS VC, and Full of list first party Game Boy Advance games missing from the Wii U VC.

3DS Friend Code: 4511-0465-7453 | Nintendo Network ID: MrSRArter

AuthorMessage

KingMike

473. Posted:

Pointless with the Game Boy version already available, unless you absolutely need it in color. :P

KingMike

AuthorMessage

CrazyOtto

474. Posted:

KingMike wrote:

Pointless with the Game Boy version already available, unless you absolutely need it in color. :P

Even the Game Boy version's pointless with Pac n Roll, Namco Museum DS, and Pac-Man & Galaga Dimensions all available.

Rest in Peace ShiftyLook
I keep these Nintendo Life threads updated: Missing 3DS VC and Wii U VC between regions, Full of list first party Game Boy, Game Boy Color, and Game Gear games missing from the 3DS VC, and Full of list first party Game Boy Advance games missing from the Wii U VC.

AuthorMessage

Raiko

475. Posted:

Doesn't the Gameboy version only show part of the level? The NES version fills the entire screen perfectly.

Raiko

AuthorMessage

Tsuchinoko

476. Posted:

RR529 wrote:

For their "3DSWare", they're getting the one Guild 01 game that hasn't had a western announcement (the rhythm/blacksmithing one, where you make weapons for the heroes).

My reaction to Pacman coming: Zzzzzzzz.....

Seriously, Gradius and Ghosts n' Ghoblins are much better games, and they haven't come to Japan yet.

Next should be our Game Boy Color game, unless the one a month rule stops. Also if we don't have at least a double game week on the 28th, this will be the lowest number of games in a month since May.

I didn't care much for that blacksmith game at all. I played it once and liked the idea of it, the execution wasn't very good I thought.

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842Playing:極限脱出 9時間9人9の扉ファイアーエムブレム覚醒 (Fire Emblem Kakusei), Monster Hunter 4, 二ノ国漆黒の魔道士(Ni No Kuni), 妖怪ウォッチ(Yokai Watch)

AuthorMessage

CrazyOtto

477. Posted:

Tsuchinoko wrote:

My reaction to Pacman coming: Zzzzzzzz.....

Pac-Man's a great high score game, there's just much better ways to play it on 3DS.

Rest in Peace ShiftyLook

AuthorMessage

KingMike

478. Posted:

Raiko wrote:

Doesn't the Gameboy version only show part of the level? The NES version fills the entire screen perfectly.

Actually it had two display modes. One that shows full size graphics and part of the level, and another that shrinks the graphics to fit the whole level on screen.
(you choose the latter by holding one of the directions and pushing Start on the title screen)

KingMike

AuthorMessage

TheDreamingHawk

479. Posted:

RR529 wrote:

What? With the GB version available and Pac man and galaga too? That's stupid...

But not as stupid as our lack of those GG games...

AuthorMessage

Tsuchinoko

480. Posted:

TheDreamingHawk wrote:

RR529 wrote:

What? With the GB version available and Pac man and galaga too? That's stupid...

But not as stupid as our lack of those GG games...

Yeah...I know. Its hard to complain about something small like a repeat game when other regions are just not getting certain ones at all. I would love to get Ghosts n' Goblins though. That and Gradius are much better games. I'm mostly worried not about the quantity of games, which is what Japan really gets over everyone else, but the quality of some of these releases isn't as high as it could be. Its as if Nintendo are holding back on the VC in a big way, but for what? I mean, the 3DS has been out for over a year, and we don't even have a dozen of the GBC games or the GG games here yet, and the GB game releases has slowed down to a crawl, though for me they did release almost all of the main games already on that platform.