3DS Virtual Console Forum

Topic: New VC games in Japan

Showing 381 to 400 of 758

AuthorMessage

KingMike

381. Posted:

Donkey Kong (it looks to be the existing NES version, not the "Original Edition" update that has only been released so far as a promotional giveaway), Rockman 4 and Castlevania (FDS version).

KingMike

AuthorMessage

Hokori

382. Posted:

Ok I don't feel like I'm missing anything from Japan this week :D since I'll get Original Editon after Paper Mario Comes out, I wonder if if you can DL both original and NES versions?

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
Welcome to my emassary of doom >: }

AuthorMessage

RR529

383. Posted:

Three NES games! So, have they pretty much forsaken the GB, GBC, & GG libraries, lol?

Nothing I'm too interested in. Not that these games are bad (they're actually very good), but after trying out my ambassador games, I'm just not interested in playing NES games on my 3DS for some reason.

Currently Playing:

Red Dead Redemption (360)

Smashatar of the week: Charizard firing it up!

AuthorMessage

Tsuchinoko

384. Posted:

Its always good to have a triple game week, but seriously, not even one of them is from a handheld system.

@RR529 I wouldn't go as far as to say they've "forsaken" anything. Mario Golf GB for the Game Boy Color was just released last week, We had Last Bible II for the GBC, G-LOC AIR BATTLE for the GG, and Kaeru no tame ni kane ha naru for the Game boy all released last month. Putting just those releases together, that still rivals what other regions get, we just get tons of NES/Famicom games thrown out there as well.

I wouldn't be opposed to more games from handheld systems though. There are quite a few I'd like to get.

I'm not opposed to Famicom games either. I'm still waiting on a few of the more obscure ones just in case they get released on the 3DS VC. Fire Emblem Gaiden, Super Mario USA, Devil World, Famicom Wars, Final Fantasy III (The only Final Fantasy I never got to play), and some of those point and click mystery games like Famicom Tantey Club.

I think they're trying to get all of the Megaman games out as fast as they can before the anniversary, though I'm not sure why. They only have one left. I'm sure they'll start the GB ones up on the service again soon as well.

Yeah, BTW I'm still a bit put off by Donkey Kong being on the next update. Megaman and Castlevania are fine, but couldn't they have paired those with one of the GBC games or GG games we've been waiting for. Japan still doesn't have Mole Mania yet. :(

Edited on by Tsuchinoko

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842Playing:Bravely Default, 極限脱出 9時間9人9の扉ファイアーエムブレム覚醒 (Fire Emblem Kakusei)モンスターハンター3G (Monster Hunter 3G)二ノ国漆黒の魔道士(Ni No Kuni)Looking forward to: Monster Hunter 4

AuthorMessage

RR529

385. Posted:

^I was joking around with the whole "forsaken" line. Still, it is funny to see a week with just NES games :P

Currently Playing:

AuthorMessage

Tsuchinoko

386. Posted:

RR529 wrote:

^I was joking around with the whole "forsaken" line. Still, it is funny to see a week with just NES games :P

I see. Well, either way, it just feels like wasted potential. Like I said, for me there is a positive side to this, since I didn't even get to play a lot of these games in English when I was a kid, so getting to play the original versions is nice. I think...Other than Super Mario Bros 2 and Fire Emblem, I haven't gotten any of the Famicom games yet. There are some I'd like to play though. I would still prefer GBC (and of course GBA) games.

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842Playing:Bravely Default, 極限脱出 9時間9人9の扉ファイアーエムブレム覚醒 (Fire Emblem Kakusei)モンスターハンター3G (Monster Hunter 3G)二ノ国漆黒の魔道士(Ni No Kuni)Looking forward to: Monster Hunter 4

AuthorMessage

Hokori

387. Posted:

I wonder if the 3DS will get MM6 before the wiis VC?

Digitaloggery
Nintendo of Japan

AuthorMessage

CrazyOtto

388. Posted:

They could possibly be working on getting multiplayer for all GB/GBC VC games for the next update so they're bringing out Famicom games (which already have multiplayer) to keep JP 3DS owners occupied until then, but don't get your hopes up, that's just a wishful thinking theory that I came up with 2 minutes ago.

Rest in Peace ShiftyLook
I help keep these threads updated: New 3DS VC games in Japan, Missing 3DS VC and Wii U VC between regions, and Full of list first party Game Boy, Game Boy Color, and Game Gear games missing from the 3DS VC.

3DS Friend Code: 4511-0465-7453 | Nintendo Network ID: MrSRArter

AuthorMessage

Hokori

389. Posted:

SRArter wrote:

They could possibly be working on getting multiplayer for all GB/GBC VC games for the next update so they're bringing out Famicom games (which already have multiplayer) to keep JP 3DS owners occupied until then, but don't get your hopes up, that's just a wishful thinking theory that I came up with 2 minutes ago.

Well knowing Nintendo they'll release the next major update on Dec 8th World Wide (day the WiiU is released in Japan) they would probably need the WiiU available EVERYWHERE 1st before they can add the Miiverse and any other updates so we'll see :)

Digitaloggery
Nintendo of Japan

AuthorMessage

CrazyOtto

390. Posted:

Japan's only game this week is Mario Picross 2 for Game Boy. I didn't even know they made a Mario Picross 2!

Rest in Peace ShiftyLook
I help keep these threads updated: New 3DS VC games in Japan, Missing 3DS VC and Wii U VC between regions, and Full of list first party Game Boy, Game Boy Color, and Game Gear games missing from the 3DS VC.

AuthorMessage

RR529

391. Posted:

For their "3DSware" game, Japan is getting Family Golf 3D in addition to Mario Picross 2 (GB) as their VC.

Edited on by RR529

Currently Playing:

AuthorMessage

Hokori

392. Posted:

Hopefully Mario's Picross 2 comes out here, we need our first import GB game

Digitaloggery
Nintendo of Japan

AuthorMessage

CrazyOtto

393. Posted:

HarmoKnight wrote:

Hopefully Mario's Picross 2 comes out here, we need our first import GB game

This and Trip World would be great imports for NA.

In Europe and Australia, the imports would be Mario Picross 2, Shantae, Quarth, and maybe SMB2J Lost Levels (the last one is confirmed for NA but it's unknown if it will use an import label again or not since it came out on the Wii's VC here)

Rest in Peace ShiftyLook

AuthorMessage

Tsuchinoko

394. Posted:

Actually this one is just called "Picross 2", the Mario was dropped in the title after the first one for some reason.

That makes sense. We already got our GBC game for the month, so this is our GB game for October. Its been (fairly) consistent since spring, at least one GB game, one GG game, and one GBC game each month with a bunch of Famicom games. So next week should be a GG game and maybe another Famicom game. :)

@Harmoknight Are you sure about your tagline? It looks like the first third party retail download is (embarrassingly) AKB48+Me, from Kadokawa games (I didn't even know Kadokawa was in the video game business). The sad thing is, just from my friends doing karaoke, I know the lyrics to some of the songs on that list they have on the e-shop page. :( Where did you hear about Samurai Warriors Chronicle 2nd coming out on the 25th?

Also, another bit of craziness, the price of the AKB48 game is insane.

We also finally got a new demo! ExTroopers! :)

AuthorMessage

Hokori

395. Posted:

^http://n4g.com/news/1100462/akb48-me-and-samurai-warriors-chr...
Sorry yeah there both the first ones, but samurai warriors is the only one I care about on that, but yes they both are coming which make me happy.

Edited on by Hokori

Digitaloggery
Nintendo of Japan

AuthorMessage

KingMike

396. Posted:

Kadokawa even published Super Famicom games. The first being Record of Lodoss War (another RPG with SRPG random encounters) and Youkai Buster Ruka (which was originally a Jetsons game, until they replaced George with an anime girl with her own oni-Kirby pet :D ).

Quarth was technically released in Europe, as "Block Game" on the compilation Konami GB Collection Vol.2 for GBC (EU got the series GBC-enhanced, while Japan got it only SGB-enhanced and North America didn't get them at all). But most likely if Konami does release Quarth in EU on VC, it would be the standalone monochrome version.

KingMike

AuthorMessage

TheDreamingHawk

397. Posted:

And while you guys are all happy with your game gear games in Japan, I'll be crying in a corner at the fact that our two promised game gear games from around 4 MONTHS ago have been sitting in the coming soon section collecting dust. Contacting Sega by email just gave me a "We don't comment on rumors", when THEY ARE IN THE SHOP.

Also, I honestly hope you don't get the Konami GB collections. Why? One of them includes that stupid Goemon game where your only weapon are potatoes.

A Supporter of Reggie Fils-Aime and Respectful opinions
Pokemon black 2 FC: 1808 0259 1596

3DS Friend Code: 4725-7951-6337 | Nintendo Network ID: TheDreaminHawk

AuthorMessage

Tsuchinoko

398. Posted:

@TheDreamingHawk Yeah...I did notice that. Its pretty bad to include something like that in a video for a promotion, and then not put it up. Neither of those GG games had a release date for the summer promotion, so I had figured they would be in the last week...but we're in the middle of October now.

I'm pretty happy with what we're getting in Japan, though I'd really like more of a push with the GBC and GG games now. There's quite a few I'd like, and of course...not to try and put a curse on us all by speaking blasphemy, but...you know...GBA games would be awesome. :(

There's still a few VC games that Japan is waiting for, namely Mole Mania for the GB and Prince of Persia for the GBC (though that one might not come out here. Also NA is getting Ghosts and Goblins before us, so yeah...that's one I'd consider getting.

@KingMike I guess I'm just so used to thinking of Kadokawa as a film company.

@Harmoknight Still no news on Samurai Warriors, so I don't think that's coming out next week, but they just updated the e-shop (in a rarity since its outside of an update day) with the news that Pokemon Dungeon is coming next month.

AuthorMessage

Hokori

399. Posted:

@Tsuchinoko oh... :( well if it changes you can tell me, since I sadly can't check the Japanese eShop :( I wouldn't put it past Tecmo to put samurai warriors down though, that a popular franchise in Japan

Digitaloggery
Nintendo of Japan

AuthorMessage

Tsuchinoko

400. Posted:

HarmoKnight wrote:

@Tsuchinoko oh... :( well if it changes you can tell me, since I sadly can't check the Japanese eShop :( I wouldn't put it past Tecmo to put samurai warriors down though, that a popular franchise in Japan

You don't need a Japanese 3DS to see what's on there. I've looked at the NA Nintendo website, and they are really lacking compared to the detailed, constantly updated and organized website we have.

I'm not sure what your Japanese reading level is, but all the games with the red text are the retail downloads. They have the higher price tags of course.

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/3ds/eshop/software/index.html

Edited on by Tsuchinoko