Forums

Topic: New VC games in Japan

Posts 361 to 380 of 756

KingMike

I forgot about the MD Mega Man allowing saving.
Unfortunately since it's a rare and expensive game (what are they up to these days, $200?), I had to resort to emulation to play it. Since it uses EEPROM for saving instead of normal battery back-up, almost/no emulators support the save feature (which I hear also keeps from an extra game mode that unlocks when you finish all 3 games), I forgot about it.

KingMike

CrazyOtto

Mario Golf (Game Boy Color) and Dig Dug (Famicom) are coming to the Japanese eShop next week.

Knowing Namco, they're probably going to make a Namco Museum 3DS with Dig Dug on it next year.

CrazyOtto

3DS Friend Code: 4511-0465-7453 | Nintendo Network ID: MrSRArter

Hokori

SRArter wrote:

Mario Golf (Game Boy Color) and Dig Dug (Famicom) are coming to the Japanese eShop next week.

Knowing Namco, they're probably going to make a Namco Museum 3DS with Dig Dug on it next year.

Now well be able to see if Mario golf GBC and Mario golf 64 will link up probably not but there needs to be a way to unlock those 3 hidden characters in both games

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
Welcome to my emassary of...

RR529

It also looks like Japan is getting some sort of light gun hunting game as it's "3DSware" as well.

It's name was written in Kanji, so I couldn't read it, but I can tell from the screenshots that it's not a Japanese release of Outdoors Unleashed. Whatever it is, it's made by Arc System Works.

Blog: https://rrblogweb.wordpress.com/

Currently Playing: Hitman GO

Recently Beat: Castle of Illussion: Starring Mickey Mouse, Lara Croft GO, Front Mission Evolved

Tsuchinoko

RR529 wrote:

It also looks like Japan is getting some sort of light gun hunting game as it's "3DSware" as well.

It's name was written in Kanji, so I couldn't read it, but I can tell from the screenshots that it's not a Japanese release of Outdoors Unleashed. Whatever it is, it's made by Arc System Works.

I just got home, so I got a chance to look at it. The title of the game is 鷹狩王 (Taka-gari Ou, which basically means "Lord of Falconry"). Its a game where you hunt with your pet falcon. It looks from what I've seen so far that you use a targeting system with a cross hair, just like a gun game. The camera will follow the falcon. There Is also a bowgun and rifle that you can use as well.

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

KingMike

I'm surprised Namco released the Famicom version of Dig Dug. Don't they have a compilation or two to release?

KingMike

Tsuchinoko

KingMike wrote:

I'm surprised Namco released the Famicom version of Dig Dug. Don't they have a compilation or two to release?

You mean for the 3DS VC? The compilation/arrangement versions were not released for any of the consoles that the VC supports right now. I think the only Nintendo console they were released on was the Gamecube.

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

KingMike

I meant, I'm surprised they didn't (yet) make a 3DS game in the Namco Museum series.
Right now, the only "compilation" game is Pac-Man & Galaga Dimensions.

KingMike

CrazyOtto

Tsuchinoko wrote:

KingMike wrote:

I'm surprised Namco released the Famicom version of Dig Dug. Don't they have a compilation or two to release?

You mean for the 3DS VC? The compilation/arrangement versions were not released for any of the consoles that the VC supports right now. I think the only Nintendo console they were released on was the Gamecube.

There was also Namco Museum DS and Namco Museum Remix for Wii. In fact, it was released in Japan on DS and Wii but not on Gamecube.

KingMike wrote:

I meant, I'm surprised they didn't (yet) make a 3DS game in the Namco Museum series.
Right now, the only "compilation" game is Pac-Man & Galaga Dimensions.

They're going to release one next year, I'm calling it right now.

CrazyOtto

3DS Friend Code: 4511-0465-7453 | Nintendo Network ID: MrSRArter

RR529

Japan is getting Super Contra (Famicom/NES) as it's 3DS VC for the week.

For their "3DSware", they're getting what appears to be some sort of 2D puzzle platformer by Arc System Works. It has stylish graphics (IMO), and the characters have rabbit ears.

Blog: https://rrblogweb.wordpress.com/

Currently Playing: Hitman GO

Recently Beat: Castle of Illussion: Starring Mickey Mouse, Lara Croft GO, Front Mission Evolved

Hokori

Super Contra? Wonder why the original isnt out ? I know they had the MSX version on wii but still where's the NES version?

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
Welcome to my emassary of...

Tsuchinoko

So, for the past few months, here are the Japan totals

May - 5 titles
June - 5 titles
July - 8 titles
August - 10 titles
September - 8 titles

I think its a pretty good boost we've been getting recently. I know they're padding it out with a lot of NES/Famicom titles, but still, its nice they're giving us as much as they are.

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

Geonjaha

I wouldnt exactly call NES games 'padding it out'. 3 Mega Man games! I'd take those over most other console games anyday!

Edited on by Geonjaha

I make Pixel Art on occasion, and sometimes sell them as Game Assets.

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6645-7215

CrazyOtto

No games from the Game Boy, Game Boy Color, or Game Gear this week? I'm kind of starting to agree with TheDreamingHawk now. Getting a Famicom/NES game alongside GB/GBC and Game Gear games makes an awesome bonus (I mentioned earlier how Japanese gamers like their games portable), but releasing Famicom/NES games instead of GB/GBC/GG games is ridiculous. I know all this is for Japan and I don't have a Japanese 3DS, but if Japan doesn't get GB/GBC/GG games, then we won't either.

CrazyOtto

3DS Friend Code: 4511-0465-7453 | Nintendo Network ID: MrSRArter

TheDreamingHawk

SRArter wrote:

No games from the Game Boy, Game Boy Color, or Game Gear this week? I'm kind of starting to agree with TheDreamingHawk now. Getting a Famicom/NES game alongside GB/GBC and Game Gear games makes an awesome bonus (I mentioned earlier how Japanese gamers like their games portable), but releasing Famicom/NES games instead of GB/GBC/GG games is ridiculous. I know all this is for Japan and I don't have a Japanese 3DS, but if Japan doesn't get GB/GBC/GG games, then we won't either.

I understand doing it like a NES classic would from the GBA era, but when you put out random games it's just embarassing.

And why are they going with CONTRA II instead of 1? They made the same error on the Wii, which also caused Metal gear NES to not be released. (And I want that game)

A Supporter of Reggie Fils-Aime and Respectful opinions
Pokemon black 2 FC: 1808 0259 1596

3DS Friend Code: 4725-7951-6337 | Nintendo Network ID: TheDreaminHawk

KingMike

Well, Japan got the MSX version of Metal Gear (which I hear is considered the "proper" version). The rest of the world didn't (even though there is a European MSX version they could've released if they wanted).

KingMike

Tsuchinoko

TheDreamingHawk wrote:

SRArter wrote:

No games from the Game Boy, Game Boy Color, or Game Gear this week? I'm kind of starting to agree with TheDreamingHawk now. Getting a Famicom/NES game alongside GB/GBC and Game Gear games makes an awesome bonus (I mentioned earlier how Japanese gamers like their games portable), but releasing Famicom/NES games instead of GB/GBC/GG games is ridiculous. I know all this is for Japan and I don't have a Japanese 3DS, but if Japan doesn't get GB/GBC/GG games, then we won't either.

I understand doing it like a NES classic would from the GBA era, but when you put out random games it's just embarassing.

And why are they going with CONTRA II instead of 1? They made the same error on the Wii, which also caused Metal gear NES to not be released. (And I want that game)

I really don't think its an "error". There has to be a reason if they did the same thing on two different VCs. Either it has something to do with the rights to the game, or whatever, but there has to be a reason they didn't put the first on out on either VC. Some people were saying the same thing when Starfox 64 came out and not the original.

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

KingMike

Donkey Kong (it looks to be the existing NES version, not the "Original Edition" update that has only been released so far as a promotional giveaway), Rockman 4 and Castlevania (FDS version).

KingMike

Hokori

Ok I don't feel like I'm missing anything from Japan this week since I'll get Original Editon after Paper Mario Comes out, I wonder if if you can DL both original and NES versions?

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
Welcome to my emassary of...

RR529

Three NES games! So, have they pretty much forsaken the GB, GBC, & GG libraries, lol?

Nothing I'm too interested in. Not that these games are bad (they're actually very good), but after trying out my ambassador games, I'm just not interested in playing NES games on my 3DS for some reason.

Blog: https://rrblogweb.wordpress.com/

Currently Playing: Hitman GO

Recently Beat: Castle of Illussion: Starring Mickey Mouse, Lara Croft GO, Front Mission Evolved

Top

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic