Forums

Topic: New VC games in Japan

Posts 321 to 340 of 747

Tsuchinoko

RR529 wrote:

^Well, one VC game. I believe there are 2 "3DS Download" (3DSWare for the unofficial term) games as well.

Yeah, but you know, since this is the Virtual Console thread...that's all he was writing about.

BTW, its our first new GBC game in almost two months. I highly doubt we'll get Toki Tori or Shantae (especially that one), but we might eventually get Prince of Persia...maybe.

Edited on by Tsuchinoko

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

RR529

I wasn't trying to be rude or anything. No one really talks that much about Japan "3DS Downloads" (and they don't have a dedicated thread), so I figured I'd mention them.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Tsuchinoko

RR529 wrote:

I wasn't trying to be rude or anything. No one really talks that much about Japan "3DS Downloads" (and they don't have a dedicated thread), so I figured I'd mention them.

Oh, no, I know that. I used to pop in the 3DS downloads room sometimes and give the update info there, just...I'm not really all that interested in the e-shop games. They're mostly kinda...lame. haha

Although there's a new one coming next week, one of the Simple DL series games. Its not an escape game though, at least not one of the normal ones. This one looks like more of an actual horror game.

Hokori

Sweet more GBC, here's hoping we get Metal Gear Ghost Bable soon in honor of MG's 25th

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
W...

TheDreamingHawk

I really want the first RTDS. At least you guys are getting a good week next week rather than the stupid NES game you got last week. (I only like BM if it's the Japanese Metafight version. It makes sense and it's more fun. Oh, and the GBC game is just as good.)

I could care less about the frog game, as I can't play it as NOA/NOE refuses to put 100% japanese text games on the eshop, even though there are people like me who can read them.

A Supporter of Reggie Fils-Aime and Respectful opinions
Pokemon black 2 FC: 1808 0259 1596

3DS Friend Code: 4725-7951-6337 | Nintendo Network ID: TheDreaminHawk

Tsuchinoko

TheDreamingHawk wrote:

I really want the first RTDS. At least you guys are getting a good week next week rather than the stupid NES game you got last week. (I only like BM if it's the Japanese Metafight version. It makes sense and it's more fun. Oh, and the GBC game is just as good.)

I could care less about the frog game, as I can't play it as NOA/NOE refuses to put 100% japanese text games on the eshop, even though there are people like me who can read them.

I totally understand, since I speak and read Japanese, but you can't fault Nintendo for not putting it up since there are so few people who would buy it. I think a lot of people in the States aren't xenophobic, but they definitely have an aversion to foreign languages. I'm planning to get the first Last Bible game next month, when I do my next e-shop splurge. This month is a bit busy for me, so I did a mini-one, but next month I'm planning a larger one (Last Bible, the new Horror ADV e-shop game that comes out this week, 2 new Theatrhythm songs, plus one more game, possible something for Fire Emblem as well )

@Harmoknight I just bought Kaeru no tame ni kane ha naru (For the frog, the bell rings). I'll let you know what I think, but it looks fun so far.

In the meantime, here's a play-through video. I've been enjoying this guy's narration. Its all in Japanese, but he's very genuine and funny. You can see the game footage from it.

TheDreamingHawk

But can't we at least get the Metafight NES game instead of Nightmare Master? Seriously, that stupid intro turned me into AVGN for like 6 months.

A Supporter of Reggie Fils-Aime and Respectful opinions
Pokemon black 2 FC: 1808 0259 1596

3DS Friend Code: 4725-7951-6337 | Nintendo Network ID: TheDreaminHawk

KingMike

The final ambassador game, Wrecking Crew, as well as Princess Tomato.

Now I can't fully read the Japanese description, but I don't think it specifically states whether the ability to save custom levels in Wrecking Crew (through Famicom Data Recorder emulation) is supported.

Edited on by KingMike

KingMike

RR529

Looks like Japan is getting Fun Fun Minigolf TOUCH!, as it's "3DSware" for the week.

I don't believe it was well recieved over here, but at least it means you'll probably get Art of Balance TOUCH! sometime in the future.

If I'm not mistaken, this may be the first western title to hit the eShop in Japan as well.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

Tsuchinoko

RR529 wrote:

Looks like Japan is getting Fun Fun Minigolf TOUCH!, as it's "3DSware" for the week.

I don't believe it was well recieved over here, but at least it means you'll probably get Art of Balance TOUCH! sometime in the future.

If I'm not mistaken, this may be the first western title to hit the eShop in Japan as well.

I think you're correct on that. I'm a bit happy at that news, since it means that eventually VVVVVV might come to Japan. I'm not totally expecting it too, but still, it would be nice.

@KingMike I always feel a bit of jealousy, since I used to like to update this page sometimes, since I live here and I want to share the info, but I think you made this thread anyway, so its totally fine. Plus, my vacation from work ended, so I don't get home until like, 4-5 hours after the update anyway.

So, I just got home, and I looked on the description for Wrecking Crew. I've never played the original, so I don't know about these "save states" but what it says is that the game doesn't have download play like Ice Climbers (and I thought there was another one...), you switch the same 3DS between players one and two. Also, it says that there's something called "Design Mode", where you can build your own levels and play them anytime.

Is this what you were referring to?

KingMike

Yes, the Design Mode.

KingMike

Tsuchinoko

KingMike wrote:

Yes, the Design Mode.

I see. Well, from what you said, it looks intact, so much so that they're announcing that its in the game, so I guess it is something they made an effort to keep.

CrazyOtto

According to Wikipedia, the Famicom version of Super Mario USA is coming to the Japanese eShop in October. It's only on Wikipedia and not on the Japanese Nintendo website, so it could be just some guy randomly putting stuff on the list for some unknown reason, but if it is true, then this can be bad news for people hoping for GBA games publicly on the eShop since the first one to come out probably would've been the GBA remake of this exact game.

CrazyOtto

3DS Friend Code: 4511-0465-7453 | Nintendo Network ID: MrSRArter

Hokori

Well GBA could still come, they don't have to release any SMA games except Yoshis island, after all the GBA had a TON of remakes

Digitaloggery
Nintendo of Japan
W...

CrazyOtto

HarmoKnight wrote:

Well GBA could still come, they don't have to release any SMA games except Yoshis island, after all the GBA had a TON of remakes

True, the Wii VC also had 2 different versions of the same game as well. Plus, I remembered there's also 3D Classics: Kirby's Adventure.

CrazyOtto

3DS Friend Code: 4511-0465-7453 | Nintendo Network ID: MrSRArter

Hokori

As long as they don't release the Classic NES series as separate GBA titles

Digitaloggery
Nintendo of Japan
W...

RR529

Looks like Japan is getting Mega Man 3 (NES), Mighty Bomb Jack (NES), and G-Loc Air Battle (GG) for VC.

Also getting Denpa Ningen RPG 2 as their "Download Game".

They're really going all out with NES games, it looks like.

Edited on by RR529

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

Tsuchinoko

RR529 wrote:

Looks like Japan is getting Mega Man 3 (NES), Mighty Bomb Jack (NES), and G-Loc Air Battle (GG) for VC.

Also getting Denpa Ningen RPG 2 as their "Download Game".

They're really going all out with NES games, it looks like.

Arg! You beat me to it. I just got home. I thought I'd finally get to do the update announcement this week.

That G-Loc game will be our first new GG game is like, a month and a half. It actually looks fairly decent for an early handheld game, since it is first-person.
This being a triple game week, that puts our September 3DS VC game total to 8 games. Not bad. I think its tied with July first 2nd place.

Oh yeah, and just a bit of celebration. Coincidentally (or maybe not, who knows) Wrecking Crew, the final NES/Famicom game became our 100th game on the 3DS VC in Japan.

Edited on by Tsuchinoko

KingMike

Why did Mighty Bomb Jack removed the continue option from the Vs. System (arcade) in the NES version (not even available through a cheat code, whereas Solomon's Key kept the continue feature through a cheat). That game is too frustrating, especially when you get trapped in a corner without coins, leaving you with no choice but wait to get killed.

KingMike

Tsuchinoko

@KingMike I've actually never played that game before. Is it famous? Well, with save states, people can finally beat it then right?

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.