Forums

Topic: New VC games in Japan

Posts 281 to 300 of 747

TheDreamingHawk

Oh crap, I forgot about that game!

It was an EU launch game, so I'm surprised it isn't here yet.

A Supporter of Reggie Fils-Aime and Respectful opinions
Pokemon black 2 FC: 1808 0259 1596

3DS Friend Code: 4725-7951-6337 | Nintendo Network ID: TheDreaminHawk

KingMike

TheDreamingHawk wrote:

Actually Japan DID get the Dragon quest games on VC via a disc. Considering how will should get it when US dragon quest anniversary comes, I don't think we should worry about DQ I-II and III

Then we'd be in for waiting two more years. The first Dragon Warrior wasn't released until 1989, three years after the first Dragon Quest.
Though they did add some improvements to the game, it was probably still a bit dated in the time it took to get across the ocean (even DQ2 pretty much obsoleted DQ1).

KingMike

Geonjaha

RR529 wrote:

As for little known GB games. I can't wait for Solar Striker. It's a first party (Nintendo) shooter in the vein of Twinbee & Xevious.

I had it as a kid & loved it, but could never beat it. I guess it's kind of Star Fox before there was Star Fox (of course, it's 2D instead of 3D).

There seem to be quite a few side scrolling shooters for the GB that havent hit the eShop yet.
Although strangely R-Type was released packed in with a 3DS retail game in Japan...
http://www.siliconera.com/2012/02/20/r-type-and-other-irem-cl...

Geonjaha

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6645-7215

CrazyOtto

Japan's getting Famicom Ninja Ryuukenden (NES Ninja Gaiden) on August 26th.

CrazyOtto

3DS Friend Code: 4511-0465-7453 | Nintendo Network ID: MrSRArter

Tsuchinoko

Was kinda hoping for something a little nicer since we had all last week without an update. Looks like we're back to single-game VC updates now.

@SRArter The update is on the 29th

Edited on by Tsuchinoko

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

RR529

@Tsuchinoko, I know it's not VC, but could you give me some info on the "Simple DL Series" on eShop?

They're made by Intense, and why I ask is that they have similar styled games on DSiWare that are called the Escape Trick series over here. I'm just wondering if they are part of the same series, and if we might get the eShop games ("Simple DL Series") under the Escape Trick name eventually.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Tsuchinoko

@RR529 All I know about them is they they're from the same makes as a very long running series of DS games. I was under the impression that these games are ports of some of the DS games, but I can never find these specific titles.

The series itself has nothing to do with just escape games, the original DS series covered a wide range of genres, with escape games being just one of the types of games they made under that banner. Its just the only games they've put on the e-shop so far are escape games.

Will they be localized? I didn't think they would, but you never know. Japan has a long history of these types of games, and while some of them make it to the west, most of them don't. Good People Die (I think it will be called Zero Escape) is being localized for the west. I think that will be better than these games.

RR529

@Tsuchinoko, well, Intense (the company who makes the "Simple DL Series" for eShop), released 3 different escape games over here on DSiWare under the "Escape Trick" name. I was just wondering if they were going to bring over their eShop games as well (since they brought over their DSiWare games).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Hokori

It would be weird to see a Famicom game hit the 3DS VC before hitting the wiis VC, MM6 has potential to be the first

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
W...

KingMike

I didn't even realize Rockman 4 was on PSN in NA until I browsed it last week. (still not 5, last I checked.)
So, it's a 3-way race!

KingMike

TheDreamingHawk

Looks like EVERYONE went to slowdown land. Japan isn't getting much good stuff, US is getting only a few games here and there, and EU gets all of the catch up.

A Supporter of Reggie Fils-Aime and Respectful opinions
Pokemon black 2 FC: 1808 0259 1596

3DS Friend Code: 4725-7951-6337 | Nintendo Network ID: TheDreaminHawk

Geonjaha

TheDreamingHawk wrote:

Looks like EVERYONE went to slowdown land. Japan isn't getting much good stuff, US is getting only a few games here and there, and EU gets all of the catch up.

Unfortunately there isnt much left confirmed for this year VC-wise.
The only games I'm hoping we get soon are Balloon Fight and Ice Climber - just so we can do some local multiplayer. :3

Geonjaha

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6645-7215

Tsuchinoko

Well, Japan is back to double game weeks at least. We're getting 超惑星戦記メタファイト (Metafight) for the NES, and a Japan-exclusive Game Boy title, カエルの為に鐘は鳴る (For the frog, the bell rings). Its an action RPG from the looks of it. The Wikipedia also lists Galaga 91 for the Game Gear, but the Nintendo website doesn't have that up.

EDIT: Oh! I thought so. The screenshots looked really familiar. Prince Richard, one of the main playable characters in this game, had a cameo in Zelda: Link's Awakening with his frogs. The design also partially used the same engine from this game.

Edited on by Tsuchinoko

Tsuchinoko

TheDreamingHawk wrote:

Sorry to double-post, but I looked over the VC from the past few months and I noticed something. Even with the week that we took off, we still had 9 games released for the 3DS VC in Japan. Nine games! And in July we had eight. August having nine games is the most in one month since the VC started back in June last year. So, I guess its bad for me to complain about anything. Looking at monthly averages, last year most months saw four games released, this year its up to five a month, but the last few months have seen a major boost in the VC.

Tsuchinoko

Mickeymac wrote:

Tsuchinoko wrote:

We're getting 超惑星戦記メタファイト (Metafight) for the NES...

NES or GBC? Oh well, it's a good one at least.

NES, we already have the GBC one.

Hokori

Aww luck, I wanted to play for the frog the bell tolls, I really hope Nintendo allows VC from wii to be played on VC 3DS because blaster master and ninja gaiden would be played a lot mOre on my 3DS then on my wii.
Also I just realized one of the characters in the frog game also appeared on Wario land 4 as that traveling projectile dude

Edited on by Hokori

Digitaloggery
Nintendo of Japan
W...

Tsuchinoko

@LordOtakWiiU Honestly, I don't see how that could ever happen, since they've been charging separately for a while now. I personally have not double-bought any games yet, so I wouldn't mind, but if people (especially those in Japan, seeing as we have a lot more NES/Famicom games on our VC) had bought a game on their Wii, then bought the same game on the 3DS VC, I think they'd be upset if there was Wii=3DS transfer enabled.

Hokori

Yeah that's true, idk but I'm always thinking of ideas on how Nintendo can improve and some of the things I think would make them better, even thinking on new puzzle swap puzzles, The Last Story,XenoBlade, and Pandoras Tower would be cool puzzles

Digitaloggery
Nintendo of Japan
W...

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.