3DS Virtual Console Forum

Topic: New VC games in Japan

Showing 221 to 240 of 760

AuthorMessage

CrazyOtto

221. Posted:

Japan's getting an update for Mario Open Golf (known as NES Open Tournament Golf in NA/EU/AU) on August 15th.

Rest in Peace ShiftyLook
I keep these Nintendo Life threads updated: Missing 3DS VC and Wii U VC between regions, Full of list first party Game Boy, Game Boy Color, and Game Gear games missing from the 3DS VC, and Full of list first party Game Boy Advance games missing from the Wii U VC.

3DS Friend Code: 4511-0465-7453 | Nintendo Network ID: MrSRArter

AuthorMessage

Tsuchinoko

222. Posted:

Japanese update for the 3DS VC. All the Nintendo website is showing is Mario Open Golf, but I'm still waiting. It actually shows Mario Golf as coming out on the 10th, which is in just two days. So I don't know if there is no update next week and they're just giving us a mini-update just to be nice, or something weird is happening.

EDIT: I should amend that to be more clear. The ONLY change is Mario Golf, meaning no e-shop, or new demos. The only update is Mario Golf, coming Friday the 10th, two days after todays' new games. I double checked and there's no holidays next week. No idea.

Edited on by Tsuchinoko

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842Playing:極限脱出 9時間9人9の扉ファイアーエムブレム覚醒 (Fire Emblem Kakusei), Monster Hunter 4, 二ノ国漆黒の魔道士(Ni No Kuni), 妖怪ウォッチ(Yokai Watch)

AuthorMessage

LordJumpMad

223. Posted:

@Tsuchinoko
Do japanese gamers also complain when Nintendo add games to the eShop or ClubNintendo that they do not want, or are they simply happy with everything Nintendo gives them.
Pretty much, everyone around here dislike everything Nintendo gives them, but who can blame them, we haven't been getting anything good.

Edited on by LordJumpMad

For you, the day LordJumpMad graced your threads, was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.
University of ⓂⒶⒹness
LordJumpMad's Theme

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4592-9402 | Twitter: LordJumpMad

AuthorMessage

KingMike

224. Posted:

Tsuchinoko wrote:

I double checked and there's no holidays next week. No idea.

According to Wikipedia:

There is no update in the second week of August every year due to the Obon Festival: August 14, 2007; August 12, 2008 etc.

I guess that is the second full week of August?

KingMike

AuthorMessage

Tsuchinoko

225. Posted:

@KingMike aaah, that would explain it. Well that was nice of Nintendo though, still just giving us Mario Golf like that outside of the normal update.
The Obon is not an actual government recognized public holiday, so many people still work. I totally forgot about it. Until this year I lived in Kyoto, and we have a special event there during Obon, so we call it something else.

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842Playing:極限脱出 9時間9人9の扉ファイアーエムブレム覚醒 (Fire Emblem Kakusei), Monster Hunter 4, 二ノ国漆黒の魔道士(Ni No Kuni), 妖怪ウォッチ(Yokai Watch)

AuthorMessage

TheDreamingHawk

226. Posted:

Now you are playing catch up. Wonder how long it'll take for you to get kirby pinball

A Supporter of Reggie Fils-Aime and Respectful opinions
Pokemon black 2 FC: 1808 0259 1596

3DS Friend Code: 4725-7951-6337 | Nintendo Network ID: TheDreaminHawk

AuthorMessage

Tsuchinoko

227. Posted:

@TheDreamingHawk Well, I think that's somewhat fair for other regions to get certain games before us on the service, since 99% of the time we get them first. Kirby Pinball Land wasn't even released that long ago, so I'm sure it will get released soon. The only (Japanese developed) games I can remember coming out in other regions on the 3DS service were Mario Open Golf, Mole Mania, and Kirby Pinball Land. I'm not really bothered by this small list, since we get so many before. Of course, there are some western-developed games I'd like, like VVVVV or Prince of Persia, but I'm not really sure if those would ever come out here, especially VVVVV.

AuthorMessage

CrazyOtto

228. Posted:

I'm surprised Japan doesn't have Kirby's Pinball Land and Mole Mania yet. I'm not complaining, I'm just stating a fun fact. I have them both on my NA 3DS.

Rest in Peace ShiftyLook
I keep these Nintendo Life threads updated: Missing 3DS VC and Wii U VC between regions, Full of list first party Game Boy, Game Boy Color, and Game Gear games missing from the 3DS VC, and Full of list first party Game Boy Advance games missing from the Wii U VC.

3DS Friend Code: 4511-0465-7453 | Nintendo Network ID: MrSRArter

AuthorMessage

TheDreamingHawk

229. Posted:

POP on GBC isn't worth it. Get the SFC version instead.

And add me on your 3DS when you hop on the Eshop today... I want to stop asking, but I'm eager to see someone from Japan on my 3DS.

AuthorMessage

Hokori

230. Posted:

Tsuchinoko wrote:

@TheDreamingHawk Well, I think that's somewhat fair for other regions to get certain games before us on the service, since 99% of the time we get them first. Kirby Pinball Land wasn't even released that long ago, so I'm sure it will get released soon. The only (Japanese developed) games I can remember coming out in other regions on the 3DS service were Mario Open Golf, Mole Mania, and Kirby Pinball Land. I'm not really bothered by this small list, since we get so many before. Of course, there are some western-developed games I'd like, like VVVVV or Prince of Persia, but I'm not really sure if those would ever come out here, especially VVVVV.

I read somewhere that VVVVVV was supost to come out this year in Japan

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
Welcome to my emassary of doom >: }

AuthorMessage

Tsuchinoko

231. Posted:

@LordOtakWiiU Hey, if that's true, I'll be really happy :) So far that's the only western-developed game that I've been wanting, it looks fun. :)

@TheDreamingHawk I'm sorry. I don't have wireless in my apartment, so in order to get online with my 3DS I have to make a special trip to the cafe downtown. I didn't go today. I'm planning to go tomorrow to get some stuff for Fire Emblem.

AuthorMessage

Hokori

232. Posted:

^same, I've just not DL it yet, I even missed the discount, but I'll get around to DL it soon enough

Digitaloggery
Nintendo of Japan

AuthorMessage

Tsuchinoko

233. Posted:

@LordOtakWiiU Are you talking about VVVVV or Fire Emblem? I'm guessing VVVVV. Sorry, I don't use English much, so I miss things sometimes.

I did look at the wikipedia page, and it lists it for 2012. So it might come out eventually. I hope so.

AuthorMessage

Hokori

234. Posted:

Tsuchinoko wrote:

@LordOtakWiiU Are you talking about VVVVV or Fire Emblem? I'm guessing VVVVV. Sorry, I don't use English much, so I miss things sometimes.

I did look at the wikipedia page, and it lists it for 2012. So it might come out eventually. I hope so.

Yes I was talking about VVVVVV, this will also be my first full blown western game I own (others like Donkey Kong Country Returns, Excite wii series, and Metroid Prime are sorta half and half)

Digitaloggery
Nintendo of Japan

AuthorMessage

TheDreamingHawk

235. Posted:

That's fine. I actually used to have a similar problem in my vacation home a few years ago where i had to go to the fire station to get internet. Just don't forget.

And don't trust Wikipedia, earlier they stated it would come to japan on January 27th, and it never came.

AuthorMessage

Tsuchinoko

236. Posted:

@TheDreamingHawk I was thinking about e-mailing the creators through their website, but there's no e-mail or anything.

AuthorMessage

TheDreamingHawk

237. Posted:

They have a email, but it isn't used.

Try twitter, that's their only method of communicating.:(

AuthorMessage

Tsuchinoko

238. Posted:

@TheDreamingHawk Crap, I just e-mailed him. haha I don't know how to use twitter...

AuthorMessage

Tsuchinoko

239. Posted:

@TheDreamingHawk So I got an e-mail back today. The creator of the original game says that he has no idea about if his game would ever come out in other regions, and that's up to Nicalis. So...I guess I'll e-mail them? I just signed up on Twitter to send them a message. I have no idea if I did it right.

Anyway, Mario Golf is out in Japan. Only 3 more Ambassador NES/Famicom games to go. At this rate we should have them by November.

AuthorMessage

Jollykarp

240. Posted:

If you email Nicalis, they'll most likely tell you that they're working hard and it'll be done soon. Nicalis is a three person company if I remember right, so I doubt they'd be able to get anything out quickly regardless of how fast they work. I think lots of people on this forum are a little unfair to old Nicalis for being slow with releases (including myself, I want VVVVVV too) but the only thing you can do with them is wait it out :(

Edit: don't take my word on that three person thing, I have no idea where I heard it from but I distinctly remember it haha...

Edited on by Jollykarp

http://backloggery.com/oiiopo
"If I was on the highest cliff, the highest riff
And you slipped off the side and clinched on for your life in my grip
I would never, ever let you down" - J Ivy

3DS Friend Code: 3952-7233-0245