3DS Virtual Console Forum

Topic: New VC games in Japan

Showing 201 to 220 of 760

AuthorMessage

Tsuchinoko

201. Posted:

@TheDreamingHawk I totally felt that way when I was living in the States, but I can read and speak Japanese, and I'm sure 99.9% of Americans don't know more than 10 words in Japanese, so I'm not sure playing a text heavy RPG would work. That's why Nintendo hasn't bothered.

SMB2 on the other hand, is in complete English, which is why its more "import" friendly. I don't think they wrote in Japanese in the Mario games until Mario Bros 3.

BTW, I would totally love it if they eventually also put Fire Emblem: Gaiden on the 3DS VC as well, I never played that one, and it was never remade.

Yes, I know, sorry. I start my summer break this weekend. I'll have lots of free time after that. I've bought so many games for my 3DS, only to leave them untouched until now. :(

Edited on by Tsuchinoko

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. Largate de aqui Dark Pit! ブラックピット出ていけ!

AuthorMessage

CrazyOtto

202. Posted:

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=List_of_Virtual_Con...

It looks like Japan's also getting "Bart Simpson's Escape from Camp Deadly" this week.

Rest in Peace ShiftyLook
I keep these Nintendo Life threads updated: Missing 3DS VC and Wii U VC between regions, Full of list first party Game Boy, Game Boy Color, and Game Gear games missing from the 3DS VC, and Full of list first party Game Boy Advance games missing from the Wii U VC.

3DS Friend Code: 4511-0465-7453 | Nintendo Network ID: MrSRArter

AuthorMessage

Hokori

203. Posted:

Wow that's odd for VC and Japan gets it first?

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
Welcome to my emassary of doom >: }

AuthorMessage

KingMike

204. Posted:

Someone has to have been pranking. I wouldn't consider Wikipedia a reliable source.
It's not listed on Nintendo of Japan's site either.

KingMike

AuthorMessage

TheDreamingHawk

205. Posted:

Simpsons are bad anyway.

GO NELSON!

But either way, considering how I can beat Mother 1 and 2 in Japanese, along with FF2 for famicom (Which I can't fit into my NES.), they should give it a try.

A Supporter of Reggie Fils-Aime and Respectful opinions
Pokemon black 2 FC: 1808 0259 1596

3DS Friend Code: 4725-7951-6337 | Nintendo Network ID: TheDreaminHawk

AuthorMessage

KingMike

206. Posted:

Next up Rockman 2, Columns for Game Gear, and a Kunio game for Game Boy. I think it is the one that got modded to create the western Double Dragon II Game Boy.

KingMike

AuthorMessage

Hokori

207. Posted:

Wow mega man 2? I bet we'll see SMB3 and USA come soon

Digitaloggery
Nintendo of Japan

AuthorMessage

RR529

208. Posted:

Why are they moving on with the NES Mega Man (Rockman) games instead of the Game Boy ones?

Currently Playing:

Godzilla: Smash 3 (AND)
Summoners War: Sky Arena (AND)
Salvo Saga (AND)

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

209. Posted:

RR529 wrote:

Why are they moving on with the NES Mega Man (Rockman) games instead of the Game Boy ones?

Because they're better. Plus no one is going to bother with the rest of the GB megaman's until Megaman 5.

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

CrazyOtto

210. Posted:

I wonder if Columns for Game Gear is going to have multiplayer link-up like Ice Climbers.

Rest in Peace ShiftyLook
I keep these Nintendo Life threads updated: Missing 3DS VC and Wii U VC between regions, Full of list first party Game Boy, Game Boy Color, and Game Gear games missing from the 3DS VC, and Full of list first party Game Boy Advance games missing from the Wii U VC.

3DS Friend Code: 4511-0465-7453 | Nintendo Network ID: MrSRArter

AuthorMessage

RR529

211. Posted:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

RR529 wrote:

[/div]

Because they're better. Plus no one is going to bother with the rest of the GB megaman's until Megaman 5.

That may be true, but that means the GB games won't have their time to shine (the NES games had their chance on Wii, now's the time for GB & GBC classics).

Currently Playing:

Godzilla: Smash 3 (AND)
Summoners War: Sky Arena (AND)
Salvo Saga (AND)

AuthorMessage

Tsuchinoko

212. Posted:

SRArter wrote:

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=List_of_Virtual_Con...

It looks like Japan's also getting "Bart Simpson's Escape from Camp Deadly" this week.

[/div]

[/div]

Don't look to Wikipedia for information anymore unless its also on Nintendo's official site. People occasionally put strange things on that list. I got momentarily excited last week when I saw Sonic CD up for the 3DS VC.

If a Wikipedia entry looks suspicious, don't trust it.

@KingMike it certainly looks that way. I don't know anything about the Double Dragon games. But seeing as how the Kunio games all got changed whenever they did get localized, I think it you're correct on that.

Oh, and as for Columns, that IS on Nintendo's official site, so that's finally coming out, even though it was announced back when the GG games for 3DS were first announced. Funny thing is, there is no page for it on Nintendo's site, the entry is there, with price info and all that, but it doesn't link to anything yet. I'm just thinking they haven't made the page yet, but its the first time I've seen that.

Anyway, I'm really happy with the huge boost that the 3DS VC is getting in Japan. Its been all double and triple game weeks for over a month now. :)

Funny though, Toki Tori for GBC, Prince of Persia for GBC, Mole Mania for Game Boy, and Mario Golf for NES are so far still not in Japan.

Edited on by Tsuchinoko

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842

AuthorMessage

TheDreamingHawk

213. Posted:

I want Collums and Mega man here too!

Next thing you'll know... Some idiot will put up that MOTHER on NES will be up next week on wikipedia.

Hopefully it comes here soon... AND WE GET THE GB MEGA MAN II TOO.

AuthorMessage

Tsuchinoko

214. Posted:

@TheDreamingHawk Actually, I have all three Mother games for the GBA. I can tell you're a fan, haha.

You're probably right about the wikipedia thing, but since so many people use that site and put wrong info up, it probably has been listed by some random person already.

I'm curious about Columns though.

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842

AuthorMessage

TheDreamingHawk

215. Posted:

Tsuchinoko wrote:

@TheDreamingHawk Actually, I have all three Mother games for the GBA. I can tell you're a fan, haha.

You're probably right about the wikipedia thing, but since so many people use that site and put wrong info up, it probably has been listed by some random person already.

I'm curious about Columns though.

Me too. I hope we can get puzzle action with multiplay too!

Seeing how you just got on summer break ( strange since I only have 2 weeks left) let me know when you add our FCs. (I can't stop wanting to see you play Fire emblem NES!

AuthorMessage

Bass_X0

216. Posted:

I didn't much like GB Mega Man 2 originally. I found Dr. Wily's Revenge to be the superior game. I haven't played any GB Mega Man game after that.

Edgey, Gumshoe, Godot, Sissel, Larry, then Mia, Franziska, Maggie, Kay and Lynne.

I'm throwing my money at the screen but nothing happens!

AuthorMessage

KingMike

217. Posted:

2 seems to be the least liked of the GB MM games.
At least one reason I suppose being that it's the only one to not use music ported from the NES (well, excluding 5 of course, because it used all-new bosses).

KingMike

AuthorMessage

Tsuchinoko

218. Posted:

@Kingmike And from what I've seen, the NES/Famicom MM is amongst the best.

@TheDreamingHawk Looks like it has multiplayer, locally. That's nice :) I just started Fire Emblem. Love it so far :)

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842

AuthorMessage

TheDreamingHawk

219. Posted:

Now we wait for columns in NA. I really want it.

And seeing how this is before Tsuchinoko comes on, so I don't constantly get too excited, feel free to finally add me when you hop on this week.

AuthorMessage

Hokori

220. Posted:

TheDreamingHawk wrote:

Now we wait for columns in NA. I really want it.

And seeing how this is before Tsuchinoko comes on, so I don't constantly get too excited, feel free to finally add me when you hop on this week.

Same :)

Digitaloggery
Nintendo of Japan