3DS Virtual Console Forum

Topic: New VC games in Japan

Showing 161 to 180 of 760

AuthorMessage

Geonjaha

161. Posted:

Tsuchinoko wrote:

@Geonjaha So it sounds like...what, out of 10 its a...7? I mean, for as cheap as it is, I can pay that. :)

I dont like to rate games out of 10 - you cant have an opinion about a game expressed simply as a number, so I cant really say.
What I will say is that it is DEFINITELY worth the price of around £2.40. It's got a lot of content for that price. It's a must buy for me if it ends up being £3.60 over here, but even for £4.50 I'll probably get it.

Edited on by Geonjaha

I make Pixel Art on occasion.

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6645-7215

AuthorMessage

Tsuchinoko

162. Posted:

@Geonjaha Yeah, its a nice incentive to buy the game when its so cheap. There have been ones that I was on the fence about that I got because of their low price.

What are the GG games priced over there?

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

AuthorMessage

Geonjaha

163. Posted:

Nintendo cant seem to make their mind up over here; our Game Gear prices dont seem to follow any rules. Dragon Crystal is £2.70, Shinobi is £3.60 and the Sonic games are all £4.50, so I cant really say what they'll price Defenders of Oasis at, but my guess would be £4.50 as well - hopefully less. :P

AuthorMessage

Magikarp3

164. Posted:

I think GG games are just organised by how famous they are, which is why the Sonic games (regardless of quality) are the most costly of the lot. I'd never heard of Defenders of Oasis before and all the info on the net seems to suggest that it's a somewhat overlooked game, so here's hoping that it doesn't cost too much!

http://backloggery.com/oiiopo

always thought I'd change to Gyarados after I turned 20 but hey, this is more fitting I guess. (also somebody registered under the original Magikarp name and I can't get back to it anymore orz)

3DS Friend Code: 3952-7233-0245

AuthorMessage

Tsuchinoko

165. Posted:

@Geonjaha That's so weird that they do that. I mean, its not just the GG games, but ALL of the games follow a consistent pricing based on their systems. It makes sense to me I guess.

My guess is though, that In The Wake of Vampire/Master of Darkness will come out before Shadam/Defenders of Oasis, since that's how it happened here.
Though its hard to say, since the releases will only be about 3 weeks apart in Japan.

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842

AuthorMessage

Geonjaha

166. Posted:

Well Master of Darkness is another definite purchase from me assuming its £3.60 or less.

AuthorMessage

Tsuchinoko

167. Posted:

@Geonjaha Have you played it before? I got it about 2 weeks ago, and while the game itself seems creative in some areas, okay presentation, other parts just seem lacking. I'm not a fan of the music (I currently can't even remember any of it, its kind of bland and forgettable), and sometimes the level design and character movement is really generic. But for how cheap I got it, its not too bad.

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842

AuthorMessage

Geonjaha

168. Posted:

I have played it before, yes. It's nothing amazing - at it's core its simply SEGA's attempt at Castlevania, but it's still pretty good, and for that low price I'd say it's a great deal. Still one of my favourite GG games though, and that's saying a lot since I dont enjoy a lot of them.

Edited on by Geonjaha

AuthorMessage

TheDreamingHawk

169. Posted:

Tsuchinoko wrote:

@Geonjaha Have you played it before? I got it about 2 weeks ago, and while the game itself seems creative in some areas, okay presentation, other parts just seem lacking. I'm not a fan of the music (I currently can't even remember any of it, its kind of bland and forgettable), and sometimes the level design and character movement is really generic. But for how cheap I got it, its not too bad.

Could you at least answer me this? Is it a long game? The reason I ask is because most GG games are a little short except for Oasis.

(And I added your FC in your signature, so please add mine in my signature, so I don't have to keep asking.)

And you should get Selection II. It came out today in NA and it's batlle system reminds me an awful lot of the Mother series and Dragon Quest.

A Supporter of Reggie Fils-Aime and Respectful opinions
Pokemon black 2 FC: 1808 0259 1596

3DS Friend Code: 4725-7951-6337 | Nintendo Network ID: TheDreaminHawk

AuthorMessage

Tsuchinoko

170. Posted:

@TheDreamingHawk Sorry, as much as I use this site to talk, I haven't actually been on my 3DS in a while. I have a short vacation coming up, but yeah, I usually work like, 6 days a week.

In The Wake of Vampire is okay, though even CV: Circle of the Moon, one of my least favourite Castlevania titles, is better.

I have Selection, and I'm not sure why Selection II came out in NA and not the first one. I think its fairly good, I just haven't played it so much. The music is really good for how old it is.

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842

AuthorMessage

RR529

171. Posted:

By "Selection" are you guys referring to the Sword of Hope?

Currently Playing:

Quiz RPG: Legend of Mystic Wiz (AND)
Popcork! (AND)
B.B. Bear Danmaku (AND)

AuthorMessage

KingMike

172. Posted:

Yeah, "Selection" was the Japanese name for Sword of Hope.

KingMike

AuthorMessage

RR529

173. Posted:

KingMike wrote:

Yeah, "Selection" was the Japanese name for Sword of Hope.

Okay, at first I thought there was some sort of auto-correct going on, lol.

Currently Playing:

Popcork! (AND)
B.B. Bear Danmaku (AND)

AuthorMessage

Tsuchinoko

174. Posted:

@RR529 Sorry, I do tend to write the Japanese title since that's where I live, and they're the original titles. Also, sometimes I just don't know the non-Japanese titles.
The title of the first game, which I have is SELECTION 選ばれし者, Selection referring to the style of gameplay, 選ばれし者 meaning like, "things that are chosen". Its not a normal word, haha

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842

AuthorMessage

JohnPhilipSousa

175. Posted:

Can you guys tell me how good Selection/Sword of Hope 2 is? I've been wanting a meaty RPG on the 3DS.

JohnPhilipSousa

3DS Friend Code: 3909-7508-7026 | Nintendo Network ID: JohnPhilipSousa

AuthorMessage

Tsuchinoko

176. Posted:

@SuperSonic Selection II? I've only played the first one, and its good, very older RPG style. A lot of RPGs in the mid-to late 80's had a similar first-person view in the battle mode, but this one feels part text adventure digi-novel/RPG.

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842

AuthorMessage

RR529

177. Posted:

Tsuchinoko wrote:

@SuperSonic Selection II? I've only played the first one, and its good, very older RPG style. A lot of RPGs in the mid-to late 80's had a similar first-person view in the battle mode, but this one feels part text adventure digi-novel/RPG.

I'm playing SoHII right now, and am loving it. I had always thought first-person RPGs looked kind of bland, but this game is turning out to be tons of fun (and the level of storytelling is incredible, considering it's a GB game).

Also loving the length (I'm not finished yet, but I know it's going to be up there with Link's Awakening & Metroid II, if not longer).

Currently Playing:

Popcork! (AND)
B.B. Bear Danmaku (AND)

AuthorMessage

Tsuchinoko

178. Posted:

@RR529 How's the music. I do think that the music for the first Selection is quite good for being an early GB game.

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842

AuthorMessage

TheDreamingHawk

179. Posted:

Tsuchinoko wrote:

@RR529 How's the music. I do think that the music for the first Selection is quite good for being an early GB game.

Title screen music is amazing! I even stayed on it for 5 minutes just to listen to it.

And I can understand that you are busy with work. Just add my friend code the next time you get internet time when you can.

A Supporter of Reggie Fils-Aime and Respectful opinions
Pokemon black 2 FC: 1808 0259 1596

3DS Friend Code: 4725-7951-6337 | Nintendo Network ID: TheDreaminHawk

AuthorMessage

Tsuchinoko

180. Posted:

@TheDreamingHawk Yeah, sorry about that. And its the work stuff, but also have to get in around 1-2 hours of Japanese study a day. These little English teaching jobs are good for getting to Japan (or for me, staying in Japan after my student visa ran out), but they're not good for making a life or keeping me here. I have to get my language skills good enough for job searching when my contract runs out.

Anyway, yes, and video games are part of that sometimes. I use them to study, but for fun too. I don't have internet in my apt, just a wire connection. I'm not sure how much use I can be by just connecting to internet cafe like once or twice a week. I can add you though. :(

Good to hear about the music. Here's a playthrough video for the first one. Some of the opening melodies are nice.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fofT23kTy-U

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842