3DS Virtual Console Forum

Topic: New VC games in Japan

Showing 141 to 160 of 758

AuthorMessage

RR529

141. Posted:

@Tsuchinoko, just added your 3DS FC! Mine's in my sig.

Currently Playing:

Red Dead Redemption (360)

Smashatar of the week: Charizard firing it up!

AuthorMessage

Tsuchinoko

142. Posted:

@LordOtakWiiU Oh I see. Well living here is a bit different then. You'll be able to actually interact with other people digitally through the 3DS, which I don't know if you can do with one from a different region? No idea about that.

This could just be my own personal opinion, but yeah, I do see the Japanese e-shop as a bit...lacking. We do have quite a few titles, but they all seem pretty...yeah, lacking is a good word for it. haha

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842Playing:Bravely Default, 極限脱出 9時間9人9の扉ファイアーエムブレム覚醒 (Fire Emblem Kakusei)モンスターハンター3G (Monster Hunter 3G)二ノ国漆黒の魔道士(Ni No Kuni)Looking forward to: Monster Hunter 4

AuthorMessage

Hokori

143. Posted:

Tsuchinoko I thought you could, StreetPass other countries from other regions, I SP a couple of out of USAs but they were still from the same region of North/South America, but I did hear stories of someone who SP someone in New York who had a US 3DS and the person he passes showed MH3G as the last title played so I assume it was Japanese, I know I could just get 2 3DSes, but it's a bit of a hassle, but I'll think of something (legal) to do.

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
Welcome to my emassary of doom >: }

AuthorMessage

TheDreamingHawk

144. Posted:

On youtube I saw a video showing that streetpass translates Japanese game titles to English on US 3DS and vice versa. Not sure how it works though.

A Supporter of Reggie Fils-Aime and Respectful opinions
Pokemon black 2 FC: 1808 0259 1596

3DS Friend Code: 4725-7951-6337 | Nintendo Network ID: TheDreaminHawk

AuthorMessage

Hokori

145. Posted:

Oh that's weird, because on my friends list I notice the European name for certain games

Digitaloggery
Nintendo of Japan

AuthorMessage

Tsuchinoko

146. Posted:

@TheDreamingHawk That has to only be for certain games, where the data for the titles and such are already translated into other languages if there was already an international release planned before the game was finished. There are so many games here that I see that couldn't possibly see release in other regions, let alone have translatable titles that a piece of software could understand. Modern Japanese is so slangy, its really hard for humans to keep up with it, let alone a piece of software that probably doesn't see regular updating.

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842Playing:Bravely Default, 極限脱出 9時間9人9の扉ファイアーエムブレム覚醒 (Fire Emblem Kakusei)モンスターハンター3G (Monster Hunter 3G)二ノ国漆黒の魔道士(Ni No Kuni)Looking forward to: Monster Hunter 4

AuthorMessage

Hokori

147. Posted:

You know that's true, I should've seen what my friends SP activity looked like after I played Ouendan or any other import games I own, because I'm the only one I know with actual Japanese games, so I never SP a Japanese game

Digitaloggery
Nintendo of Japan

AuthorMessage

TheDreamingHawk

148. Posted:

I see. Add my FC back when you can, because I just added you.

And I'm probably the only one hoping for a Square enix title this year. Anyone else?

AuthorMessage

Hokori

149. Posted:

Added Dreaminghawk

Digitaloggery
Nintendo of Japan

AuthorMessage

Tsuchinoko

150. Posted:

@TheDreamingHawk Haha, no you're not the only one ! Some of the people on this website are so funny. I have been seeing this thread called "Should Nintendo Make More 3D Classics" floating around. I'm curious about the discussion, but seriously, who would say "no, I seriously don't think they should more 3D Classics, just the ones they have are fine". I think most questions that start with "Should [company name] make [more of] or [a new entry in a series] games?" will probably be answered with nearly 100% yes. ;)

AuthorMessage

TheDreamingHawk

151. Posted:

Tsuchinoko wrote:

@TheDreamingHawk Haha, no you're not the only one ! Some of the people on this website are so funny. I have been seeing this thread called "Should Nintendo Make More 3D Classics" floating around. I'm curious about the discussion, but seriously, who would say "no, I seriously don't think they should more 3D Classics, just the ones they have are fine". I think most questions that start with "Should [company name] make [more of] or [a new entry in a series] games?" will probably be answered with nearly 100% yes. ;)

Hopefully Final Fantasy II will be a 3D classic.. I hate the newer remakes, so that would be perfect.

And Tsuchiniko, (I hope that's right) I added your FC on my 3DS. Mine is in my signature so add it when you can.

AuthorMessage

CrazyOtto

152. Posted:

Next week, Japan is getting 3 VC games in one update.

Pri Pri: Primitive Princess! (Game Boy)
Shadam Crusader: Harukanaru Oukoku (Game Gear)

...and by far the most surprising of all is...

Rockman (Famicom)

Wait, I thought Capcom hated Mega Man!

I didn't think 3DS VC would actually get third party Famicom games despite Ninja Gaiden 2 & 3 being rated by the ESRB, but I guess in Japan, Famicom games don't seem to steal any spots from Game Boy games, they add an extra third spot for those instead.

Here's a quick link: http://www.nintendo.co.jp/3ds/eshop/vc/index.html

Edited on by CrazyOtto

Rest in Peace ShiftyLook
I help keep these threads updated: New 3DS VC games in Japan, Missing 3DS VC and Wii U VC between regions, and Full of list first party Game Boy, Game Boy Color, and Game Gear games missing from the 3DS VC.

3DS Friend Code: 4511-0465-7453 | Nintendo Network ID: MrSRArter

AuthorMessage

Hokori

153. Posted:

Wow RockMan? For real? That's awesome, but I really hope in the future they can link Wii Us VC with 3DS VC, so it'll be weird having The same Famicom game on the Wii U and the 3DS, wonder what theyll do if that ever happens? I mean if you own the same game on both systems

Digitaloggery
Nintendo of Japan

AuthorMessage

KingMike

154. Posted:

Shadam Crusader is Defenders of Oasis, if anyone didn't recognize it.
And Rockman will be released exactly 5 months shy of his 25th anniversary.
Surprised they're already moving on to the NES games when they haven't even released any of the remaining GB games yet.

Edited on by KingMike

KingMike

AuthorMessage

Firejonie

155. Posted:

Nice to see a third party NES game. I hope to see more games from other companies for the VC.

Firejonie

AuthorMessage

Tsuchinoko

156. Posted:

Aww, I was hoping to write this update. I'm so happy about it :) Triple game week! The last triple or more game week was when we all had the Game Gear games in March, and that was a special event.

I wonder why we haven't been getting new Game Boy games though, the NES and Game Gear are catching up to them.

@KingMike I'm sure that those games will be out very soon, an NES Rockman game just seems like bonus to me. :)

AuthorMessage

Geonjaha

157. Posted:

Wait a minute. Mega Man 1 for NES? really?
I thought they were giving us the GB Mega Man games instead - it'd make more sense.
Definately didn't see that coming, but more Mega Man games is always good I guess..
Anyway, I'll definately get Mega Man if it comes out here.
Defenders of Oasis is a possibility as well assuming its not too expensive.

Edited on by Geonjaha

I make Pixel Art on occasion.

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6645-7215

AuthorMessage

Tsuchinoko

158. Posted:

Well, like I said before here, all the Game Gear games here in Japan are priced very cheap, and at the same price, 300 yen, or 2.4 pounds.
Game Boy Color are always 600 yen, NES/Famicom games are always 500 yen, Most Game Boy games are 400, but some of the really early titles are 300.

I love the consistent pricing in Japan. I'm not sure why all regions aren't like that.

I'm getting Rockman/Megaman for sure. I know its coming out in other regions too, for sure, just like I'm really sure the other GB Megaman games are coming too. :)

I've never played Defenders of Oasis. Does anyone know about this game?

AuthorMessage

Geonjaha

159. Posted:

I've played Defenders of Oasis before, and though it's not amazing - it's a good RPG experience, and I'll probably end up getting it just because there are no other RPG's on the eShop VC at the moment since Sqeenix dont want to grace us with their brilliance...

I make Pixel Art on occasion.

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6645-7215

AuthorMessage

Tsuchinoko

160. Posted:

@Geonjaha So it sounds like...what, out of 10 its a...7? I mean, for as cheap as it is, I can pay that. :)