3DS Virtual Console Forum

Topic: New VC games in Japan

Showing 121 to 140 of 760

AuthorMessage

Tsuchinoko

121. Posted:

Just popping in for a quick update. Heading in and out today, but I have a few extra minutes.

Next week Bomberman GB 3 for the Game Boy will be coming to the Japanese 3DS VC. Its a Japanese-only release, unlike the previous game Bomberman GB 2. I'm not sure why they aren't releasing that one instead. Maybe something to do with Hudson's overseas license? I dunno, total stab in the dark. haha

Anyway, game looks fun. :)

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842Playing:極限脱出 9時間9人9の扉ファイアーエムブレム覚醒 (Fire Emblem Kakusei), Monster Hunter 4, 二ノ国漆黒の魔道士(Ni No Kuni), 妖怪ウォッチ(Yokai Watch)

AuthorMessage

KingMike

122. Posted:

The Bomberman GB series is another with confusing titles.
GB1 had Wario put in and titled Wario Blast in the west, while GB2 became GB for the west.

Maybe they like the third game the most? I can't imagine Hudson/Konami having legal trouble.

KingMike

AuthorMessage

Tsuchinoko

123. Posted:

I looked it up. Here in Japan they're just called Bomberman GB, Bomberman GB 2, and Bomberman GB 3. I don't know why the western regions have to complicate things, haha

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842Playing:極限脱出 9時間9人9の扉ファイアーエムブレム覚醒 (Fire Emblem Kakusei), Monster Hunter 4, 二ノ国漆黒の魔道士(Ni No Kuni), 妖怪ウォッチ(Yokai Watch)

AuthorMessage

KingMike

124. Posted:

Actually there were four GB Bomberman games. I forgot there was an even older game called Bomber Boy(JP)/Atomic Punk(US)/Dynablaster(EU).
Not counting the spinoff game Bomber King Episode 2/Blaster Master Boy, or Pocket Bomberman (which is still pretty much the same thing, except in side view rather than top view. Oddly that game was monochrome in Japan and color in the west).

KingMike

AuthorMessage

Tsuchinoko

125. Posted:

@KingMike Well in either case, its good to have a new character represented on the 3DS VC, I hope that they have another Bomberman GB game out eventually that is released in multiple regions.

That does happen sometime. Game Boy Gallery 2 (G&W Gallery 2) was monochrome here and color in the west, since the release dates were around the shifting over to the GBC and by the time those games came out in the west, they figured they could make them color to up sales. We don't get those versions here.

AuthorMessage

Hokori

126. Posted:

Tsuchinoko but Japan got color versions of DKL 3 and balloon Kid didn't they?

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
Welcome to my emassary of doom >: }

AuthorMessage

Tsuchinoko

127. Posted:

@LordOtakWiiU I do know about the Balloon Kid color version, though that actually didn't get released until something like 8 or 9 years after the western releases. The DKL3 color game wasn't released until 3 years after.

So while sometimes Japan did get these types of releases as well, they came after huge time gaps.

AuthorMessage

TheDreamingHawk

128. Posted:

Tsuchinoko wrote:

@LordOtakWiiU I do know about the Balloon Kid color version, though that actually didn't get released until something like 8 or 9 years after the western releases. The DKL3 color game wasn't released until 3 years after.

So while sometimes Japan did get these types of releases as well, they came after huge time gaps.

This makes me want your friend code even more.:p

Seeing how bomberman is being released in japan, I hope Adventure Island II comes soon.

A Supporter of Reggie Fils-Aime and Respectful opinions
Pokemon black 2 FC: 1808 0259 1596

3DS Friend Code: 4725-7951-6337 | Nintendo Network ID: TheDreaminHawk

AuthorMessage

Tsuchinoko

129. Posted:

@TheDreamingHawk Haha, okay fine. I'll put my friend code in my signature.

I'm actually thinking of getting Bomberman. Its usually a fun series. I am hoping for more GBC games soon though. We didn't get any new ones last month.

I've never played Adventure Island games before. I'm not sure about trying new stuff though. I recently got Ganbare Goemon (the one that WAS released internationally), and I'm not enjoying it so much.

AuthorMessage

TheDreamingHawk

130. Posted:

Probably because of wario land being released so fast. Hoping for dragon warrior!

(BTW, FC is in my sig when you puts yours in your sig)

AuthorMessage

Hokori

131. Posted:

Man I wish I had a Japnese 3DS, I could buy one but my DLs wouldn't transfer to it would it?... Grumble grumble I wish my friend didn't talk me out of importing one at launch

Digitaloggery
Nintendo of Japan

AuthorMessage

CrazyOtto

132. Posted:

LordOtakWiiU wrote:

Man I wish I had a Japnese 3DS, I could buy one but my DLs wouldn't transfer to it would it?... Grumble grumble I wish my friend didn't talk me out of importing one at launch

[/div]

You don't have to get rid of your non-Japanese 3DS, you can own 2 systems!

Edited on by CrazyOtto

Rest in Peace ShiftyLook
I keep these Nintendo Life threads updated: Missing 3DS VC and Wii U VC between regions, Full of list first party Game Boy, Game Boy Color, and Game Gear games missing from the 3DS VC, and Full of list first party Game Boy Advance games missing from the Wii U VC.

3DS Friend Code: 4511-0465-7453 | Nintendo Network ID: MrSRArter

AuthorMessage

Tsuchinoko

133. Posted:

@TheDreamingHawk What is this Dragon Warrior? You mean Dragon Quest? Hasn't that title been used internationally for years now.

I dunno, Dragon Warrior just sounds like a cheesy Golden Axe type game to me. Maybe I'm just so used to the Dragon Quest title that I see in commercials and on game goods (stuffed Slimes, character figures, card games, blah blah).

Anyway, I really doubt that the DQ games will ever come to the VC, since they never made it to the Wii VC in all the years that its been around. Don't get me wrong, I'd love for it to come, but like other games that haven't been represented yet on the VC (Mother 1+2, Star Fox, Yoshi's Island, pretty much anything from most licensed franchises) I've just stopped waiting.

@LordOtakWiiU As much as I love my Japanese 3DS, I probably would have advised against you getting one too. Its just so hard to maintain an import system, especially one with a region lock. And you wouldn't be getting the full experience of a lot of games since we're using a lot of the wireless communications transfer here in Japan. Fire Emblem for example just feeds off of that. I take the train to Tokyo and I get maybe 20 すれ違い (Its what you call Spotpass maybe? Streetpass?) in one sitting.

I'm happy that the 3DS is region free for DS games though. Just be patient, plenty of good games are coming to the non-Japanese VCs. And remember, there are western-developed games that haven't come to Japan as well. There's a huge amount of e-shop games that we haven't gotten, like VVVVV, Mutant Muds, Colors 3d!, Mighty Switch Force, etc. So while Japan may have the better VC, we don't have a good e-shop.

I think as far as Japan-exclusive e-shop games go, there's maybe one or two I'd recommend.

AuthorMessage

RR529

134. Posted:

Tsuchinoko wrote:

And remember, there are western-developed games that haven't come to Japan as well. There's a huge amount of e-shop games that we haven't gotten, like VVVVV, Mutant Muds, Colors 3d!, Mighty Switch Force, etc. So while Japan may have the better VC, we don't have a good e-shop.

I think as far as Japan-exclusive e-shop games go, there's maybe one or two I'd recommend.

Really? The Japanese eShop seems to have quite a bit more "3DS Downloads" than we have. Are they really all that bad?

Currently Playing:

InFamous (PS3)
Picross e2 (3DS eShop)

AuthorMessage

Tsuchinoko

135. Posted:

@RR529 Really? I don't think the number is that great compared to other regions. I think all of the major games from the Japanese e-shop are already out in other regions, like Pullblox (引く押す), The Rolling Western, and a few others, but most of the games on the Japanese e-shop are fairly plain. Possible the only two games I've really thought was worth it as far as ones that are still Japan-only is Dopamix (a music game) and 電波人間のRPG (a fairly cute RPG that makes good use of the gyroscope and 3D camera), and I'd be surprised if they didn't get released outside of Japan eventually.

AuthorMessage

RR529

136. Posted:

Tsuchinoko wrote:

@RR529 Really? I don't think the number is that great compared to other regions. I think all of the major games from the Japanese e-shop are already out in other regions, like Pullblox (引く押す), The Rolling Western, and a few others, but most of the games on the Japanese e-shop are fairly plain. Possible the only two games I've really thought was worth it as far as ones that are still Japan-only is Dopamix (a music game) and 電波人間のRPG (a fairly cute RPG that makes good use of the gyroscope and 3D camera), and I'd be surprised if they didn't get released outside of Japan eventually.

Japan's eShop must have slowed down then. During the early days of the eShop, it seemed as Japan was getting regular releases, when we were getting nothing other than the occasional 3D classic. I just figured that early momentum would always put them a few releases ahead (even if the games themselves aren't all fantastic).

Currently Playing:

InFamous (PS3)
Picross e2 (3DS eShop)

AuthorMessage

Geonjaha

137. Posted:

Tsuchinoko wrote:

Japan have about 60 eShop download games that none of the west has...and this isn't counting the VC.

I make Pixel Art on occasion.

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6645-7215

AuthorMessage

TheDreamingHawk

138. Posted:

Tsuchinoko wrote:

@TheDreamingHawk What is this Dragon Warrior? You mean Dragon Quest? Hasn't that title been used internationally for years now.

I dunno, Dragon Warrior just sounds like a cheesy Golden Axe type game to me. Maybe I'm just so used to the Dragon Quest title that I see in commercials and on game goods (stuffed Slimes, character figures, card games, blah blah).

Anyway, I really doubt that the DQ games will ever come to the VC, since they never made it to the Wii VC in all the years that its been around. Don't get me wrong, I'd love for it to come, but like other games that haven't been represented yet on the VC (Mother 1+2, Star Fox, Yoshi's Island, pretty much anything from most licensed franchises) I've just stopped waiting.

@LordOtakWiiU As much as I love my Japanese 3DS, I probably would have advised against you getting one too. Its just so hard to maintain an import system, especially one with a region lock. And you wouldn't be getting the full experience of a lot of games since we're using a lot of the wireless communications transfer here in Japan. Fire Emblem for example just feeds off of that. I take the train to Tokyo and I get maybe 20 すれ違い (Its what you call Spotpass maybe? Streetpass?) in one sitting.

I'm happy that the 3DS is region free for DS games though. Just be patient, plenty of good games are coming to the non-Japanese VCs. And remember, there are western-developed games that haven't come to Japan as well. There's a huge amount of e-shop games that we haven't gotten, like VVVVV, Mutant Muds, Colors 3d!, Mighty Switch Force, etc. So while Japan may have the better VC, we don't have a good e-shop.

Added the FC. Add mine.

But didn't Japan get a old Dragon quest game as a rerelease in JP on a disc? Either way, I wouldn't see a reason holding the games back, I mean the original SF and Yoshi island used the FX chip and the wii can't do that, while the mother games only have one song issue. (Which NOJ is denying a change yo because they are idiots regarding the approval process). I don't think DQ would have a problem like that.

...Right?

AuthorMessage

Hokori

139. Posted:

@Tsuchinoko well the reason I want one is because I plan to move there and I really don't feel like importing every single game I want from America, and I should've thought that through when I was deciding to buy a 3DS in the first place, but it was a few years down the road, now it's closer and hitting me easier. Also I added you :)

Digitaloggery
Nintendo of Japan

AuthorMessage

RR529

140. Posted:

@Tsuchinoko, I just added your 3DS FC! Mine's in my sig.

Currently Playing:

InFamous (PS3)
Picross e2 (3DS eShop)