3DS Virtual Console Forum

Topic: New VC games in Japan

Showing 101 to 120 of 760

AuthorMessage

akabenjy

101. Posted:

Mother 2 & 3 are brilliant games and considering Earthbound was never released on the Wii VC (even though Iwata specifically mentioned it when he originally spoke about the Wii VC) and Mother 3 was never released outside of Japan I would hope that it would be one of the most requested games. Considering all the licensing/copyright issues associated with Mother 3 I don't think it will ever happen but it is a pity that Western Gamers couldn't pay for the game because they deserve it.

Edited on by akabenjy

akabenjy

AuthorMessage

Tsuchinoko

102. Posted:

@Geonjaha Aaand, that is your opinion. Please recognize it as such.

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. Largate de aqui Dark Pit! ブラックピット出ていけ!

AuthorMessage

Geonjaha

103. Posted:

Tsuchinoko wrote:

@Geonjaha Aaand, that is your opinion. Please recognize it as such.

I do - feel free to also recognise your opinion as your own as well. :3

I make Pixel Art on occasion.

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6645-7215

AuthorMessage

TheDreamingHawk

104. Posted:

Geonjaha wrote:

Err...I'd say before the mother series thank you very much.
Overrated Mother games...ugh. :3

[/div]

Mother deserves all of the praise it gets. However I find it annoying how people aren't shutting up about it on the facebook page. (BRING US A 6 YEAR OLD GAME FOR A VERY OLD SYSTEM NO ONE CARES ABOUT)

But anyway, Strange how SE isn't publishing any DQ titles considering that the whole original FF series is on the wii VC.

Edited on by TheDreamingHawk

A Supporter of Reggie Fils-Aime and Respectful opinions
Pokemon black 2 FC: 1808 0259 1596

3DS Friend Code: 4725-7951-6337 | Nintendo Network ID: TheDreaminHawk

AuthorMessage

KingMike

105. Posted:

Tsuchinoko wrote:

(Dragon Quest would be nice, but since the Wii VC never had any, I'm not holding my breath for those).

Pretty sure Japan got those on a disc, but the west didn't even get at least the NES versions.

KingMike

AuthorMessage

Hokori

106. Posted:

I'd say DQ on 3DS VC is more likely then wii, because of 4-6 and 9 being on DS, that and RPGs on handhelds feel better, I'll bet FF1+II Dark souls will be on VC once GBA games come out

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
Welcome to my emassary of doom >: }

AuthorMessage

Geonjaha

107. Posted:

LordOtakWiiU wrote:

I'd say DQ on 3DS VC is more likely then wii, because of 4-6 and 9 being on DS, that and RPGs on handhelds feel better, I'll bet FF1+II Dark souls will be on VC once GBA games come out

Well if the NES versions arent out on the Wii, it kind of raises hope that we'll get the GBC versions of 1-3. There are also both Monster games as well - so its 5 potential games for release on the 3DS VC for dragon quest.

AuthorMessage

Tsuchinoko

108. Posted:

Alright guys, its that time of the week again.

For next week, the new VC games for Japanese 3DS are, (and yay its a double game week):

-"In the wake of Vampire" for the Game Gear. Our first new GG game in a while. Its a Castlevania clone by the looks of it, but I'm sure it will have appeal to plenty of people. The artwork and monsters look fun anyway. I haven't heard about this game before, and it wasn't previously announced, unlike some of the other GG games that have yet to come out like Columns.

-がんばれゴエモン さらわれたエビス丸 (Do you best Goemon! Ebisumaru swept away/carried off) is how I would translate that. Its actually the first Goemon Game Boy game, set before what is called in the west as Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon. Unlike Mystical Ninja, Ebisumaru Carried Off was not released in NA or EU, but was released in EU as part of a special collection years later.

EDIT: I just looked it up, and In The Wake of Vampire was already announced. In the west its called Vampire:Master of Darkness.

Edited on by Tsuchinoko

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842

AuthorMessage

Tsuchinoko

109. Posted:

Well, that was quick. Next week's VC game for the 3DS in Japan will be Ice Climbers for the NES/Famicom. Legend of Zelda 2 came after almost a 2 month wait between NES games. This time we had less than one month between.

I'm thinking of getting In The Wake of Vampire/Master of Darkness for this week's update. It looks okay, plus its fairly cheap here in Japan. I've never played any of the Ganbare Goemon games, and I'm kinda thinking of treating myself to the double game week's releases.

We're getting to the point here in Japan where we're almost done with the Ambassador NES releases. That should mean one of two things, either they start releasing more non-Ambassador NES games like they did with Punch-Out, or we finally get GBA games. For some reason I'm leaning towards NES games, at least for a while.

Edited on by Tsuchinoko

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842

AuthorMessage

Magikarp3

110. Posted:

That would make Ice Climber the first 3DS VC with multiplayer after the update, right? There's a tiny part of me that's still hopeful that wireless multiplayer will get added to gb games, even though that's getting more unlikely as time goes by. Goemon also looks pretty interesting from what the screenshots I've seen look like.

http://backloggery.com/oiiopo

always thought I'd change to Gyarados after I turned 20 but hey, this is more fitting I guess. (also somebody registered under the original Magikarp name and I can't get back to it anymore orz)

3DS Friend Code: 3952-7233-0245

AuthorMessage

Tsuchinoko

111. Posted:

@oiiopo From what I've heard, yes, Ice Climber would be the first VC with multiplayer. I'm not sure how it would work though, I guess I've never looked into that part of it. I just got me a Nintendo Points card, still thinking about what I'm getting, but I'm for sure treating myself today, hard month at work, haha.

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842

AuthorMessage

Geonjaha

112. Posted:

Tsuchinoko wrote:

@oiiopo From what I've heard, yes, Ice Climber would be the first VC with multiplayer. I'm not sure how it would work though, I guess I've never looked into that part of it. I just got me a Nintendo Points card, still thinking about what I'm getting, but I'm for sure treating myself today, hard month at work, haha.

Local multiplayer only. Similar to Download Play I'd assume. Cant wait for it to come out here. Finally some multiplayer! >:3

AuthorMessage

CrazyOtto

113. Posted:

Tsuchinoko wrote:

Well, that was quick. Next week's VC game for the 3DS in Japan will be Ice Climbers for the NES/Famicom. Legend of Zelda 2 came after almost a 2 month wait between NES games. This time we had less than one month between.

I'm thinking of getting In The Wake of Vampire/Master of Darkness for this week's update. It looks okay, plus its fairly cheap here in Japan. I've never played any of the Ganbare Goemon games, and I'm kinda thinking of treating myself to the double game week's releases.

We're getting to the point here in Japan where we're almost done with the Ambassador NES releases. That should mean one of two things, either they start releasing more non-Ambassador NES games like they did with Punch-Out, or we finally get GBA games. For some reason I'm leaning towards NES games, at least for a while.

All Japan needs before their completely over their Ambassador Famicom games are Balloon Fight, Mario Open Golf (NES Open Tournament Golf), Wrecking Crew, and Yoshi no Tamago (Yoshi). Since NOA is giving the 3DS VC a big boost through July, I think all regions will have all 10 Ambassador games by the end of the year.

My guess for Japan's next non-Ambassador Famicom game will be the Japanese SMB2 (known as Lost Levels in NA/EU/AU) (I'm starting a VC prediction game on this board, one thread for each region really soon).

I'm not trying to get any hopes up, but I wouldn't be incredibly surprised if GBA VC games for Non-Ambassadors were announced at Nintendo's September Tokyo conference to go with the possible Gamecube VC games for Wii U.

Rest in Peace ShiftyLook
I keep these Nintendo Life threads updated: Missing 3DS VC and Wii U VC between regions, Full of list first party Game Boy, Game Boy Color, and Game Gear games missing from the 3DS VC, and Full of list first party Game Boy Advance games missing from the Wii U VC.

3DS Friend Code: 4511-0465-7453 | Nintendo Network ID: MrSRArter

AuthorMessage

Tsuchinoko

114. Posted:

@SRArtar honestly, I'm hoping both of your predictions come true. I am actually thinking of holding off on getting Super Mario Bros during this sale and waiting for SMB2. I would love to get that game at my next Famicom VC game. Although if lets say, some other game such at Final Fantasy, or Famicom Wars, or Dig Dug were to come out, I wouldn't complain about that either.

I actually am expecting the GBA games to, if they ever do, be released during the fall/winter. I think to make up for the price change for the 3DS, a one year exclusivity is a good way of making it up to those that bought early. :) I'd be fine with that.

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842

AuthorMessage

Geonjaha

115. Posted:

Tsuchinoko wrote:

@SRArtar honestly, I'm hoping both of your predictions come true. I am actually thinking of holding off on getting Super Mario Bros during this sale and waiting for SMB2. I would love to get that game at my next Famicom VC game. Although if lets say, some other game such at Final Fantasy, or Famicom Wars, or Dig Dug were to come out, I wouldn't complain about that either.

I actually am expecting the GBA games to, if they ever do, be released during the fall/winter. I think to make up for the price change for the 3DS, a one year exclusivity is a good way of making it up to those that bought early. :) I'd be fine with that.

I'd love for GBA games to be on the eShop, but what would they cost? The cheapest NES games cost £4.50, so they'd cost at least £8.00? Thats £80 for all 10 Ambassador games, and along with the £45 from the NES titles, thats £125 in games Ambassadors got for free more than a year early. The price only dropped by £60 in the UK, so I think they'd have to take that into consideration before selling the GBA games.

Edited on by Geonjaha

AuthorMessage

Tsuchinoko

116. Posted:

@Geonjaha I guess you're right. Here the pricing is a little different.

I looked it up using Google

Game gear games are all 300 yen = 2.40 pounds
Game boy games are between 300-400 yen = 2.40-3.22
The Famicom/NEW games are 500 yen = about 4 pounds
the Game boy Color games are all 600 yen = about 4.83

the pricing here is really consistent, unlike in some regions it seems. I was thinking GBA games would cost 800 yen, though I'm hoping for 700.
700=5.64 pounds
800=6.44 pounds

8 pounds would be about 1000 yen. That seems a bit expensive. The most expensive E-shop game so far I think is The Rolling Western, and that was 1000 yen. I'm thinking they'll be 800 yen, which is a price I'm fine with, though I'll be really happy with 700-750.

I'm not sure why the pricing is so weird in the UK/EU. Is it like that in NA? We only get rounded off prices here in Japan. Even the e-shop games are all even hundreds.

I just looked, and they have prices at 2.99, or 3.99. That's weird, what do you do with that extra 0.01. haha

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842

AuthorMessage

Geonjaha

117. Posted:

Well we pay around 30% more on average than NA, but of course their console costs less than ours, so it'd still have the same issue.
Our pricing goes in 90p units, and tends to be all over the place. 0.o

AuthorMessage

Tsuchinoko

118. Posted:

@Geonjaha well that's not good. But then, if I was going to live outside Japan, I'd probably chose England over the States, though I haven't been there since I was a kid. Haha

With GBA pricing, I don't think there'll be a problem here, though I think some regions might be a little off, since they chose weird pricing for things that should cost less than the GBA.

Not sure why the Game Gear is so cheap here though. I guess it wasn't a popular system here before, but they're all among the cheapest games on the service. And here, other that the occasional change on Game boy games, the prices are all constant.

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842

AuthorMessage

KingMike

119. Posted:

I really think it has to do with Sega's lack of popularity in Japan (wasn't the Saturn the only real successful console there?). MD games are 200 Wii points cheaper in Japan.

KingMike

AuthorMessage

Tsuchinoko

120. Posted:

@Kingmike I see. I just got In the Wake of Vampire/Master of Darkness for the GG. It just came out here this past week. Its not horrible, just kind of plain, kind of like how the Game Gear Sonic games seem to be. The only one I want to get is Sonic & Tails/Sonic Chaos. I remember playing that as a kid and I remember it being okay. I could be remembering wrong though, haha.

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842