3DS Virtual Console Forum

Topic: NES games available to the public?

Showing 1 to 20 of 29

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Althoff

1. Posted:

Hey guys. Does anyone know if the NES games will be available to non- ambassadors? Thanks.

Go Nintendo!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Stuffgamer1

2. Posted:

Yes, they will be released for sale...later this year, if I recall correctly.

My Backloggery Updated sporadically. Got my important online ID's on there, anyway. :P

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Geonjaha

3. Posted:

They're being released to the public for sale later this year (actually at the same time as the GBA Ambassador games get here - so you can just keep watching for that date).

I make Pixel Art on occasion.

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6645-7215

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Birdman

4. Posted:

Geonjaha wrote:

They're being released to the public for sale later this year (actually at the same time as the GBA Ambassador games get here - so you can just keep watching for that date).

Are you sure they're coming (along with the Ambassador updates) on the same day as the GBA games? I don't remember reading or hearing anything about that at all.

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8643-6062

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Geonjaha

5. Posted:

Birdman13 wrote:

Geonjaha wrote:

They're being released to the public for sale later this year (actually at the same time as the GBA Ambassador games get here - so you can just keep watching for that date).

Are you sure they're coming (along with the Ambassador updates) on the same day as the GBA games? I don't remember reading or hearing anything about that at all.

Dont have a source, but I do remember reading from an announcement that Nintendo made that the updates to the NES games were coming with the GBA game releases. I could be mistaken though, so dont take my word for it.

I make Pixel Art on occasion.

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6645-7215

AuthorMessage
Avatar

tanookisuit

6. Posted:

Yeah Nintendo did say that about the NES games would go live when they launch the NES neck of the VC to the public, games should be priced as they are with the wii-nes games I believe. It's just the gba stuff no one but us full price buyers will supposedly get to have.

My Personal Video Game / Accessory List
http://http://tanooki.home.insightbb.com/

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Xiao_Pai

7. Posted:

Kinda sucks that the GBA games won't be public. :/
Especially if one of them is a form of Yoshi's Island.

Ugh, wish they would say something about these games already!

Edited on by Xiao_Pai

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD
Update: Also love Yukari and Mizore from Rosario + Vampire.
Another Update: Also Yuuki...from School Rumble...
Yet Another Update: Also Amber and Xiao Pai from Rune Factory 4.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

skells33

8. Posted:

got news for you. Nintendo has put one of these ambassador games (the Legend of Zelda) up for sale in Japan and as we know when Japan gets these games we follow suit! so keep a close eye on the E-shop (and for us ambassadors updated game free)

skells33

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Crystalline

9. Posted:

Every single Ambassador game will later be released for the public. GBA titles as well. In fact, it would make no sense ( from a sales standpoint ) not to release them. Personally, i'm happy they're doing so :)

Edited on by Crystalline

Crystalline

AuthorMessage
Avatar

LordTendoboy

10. Posted:

So now that the 3DS Virtual Console is getting home console games, do you think the Wii U VC should get handheld titles?

3DS Friend Code (NEW) 4597-0176-3500
Minis March Again (NEW) 2323-0441-2739
Mini-Land Mayhem (NEW) 5071-8232-0670
Wii Friend Code 5519-8046-0668-6068
Smash Bros. Brawl 1893-2412-4594
PSN ID PS_man1984

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Kagamine

11. Posted:

tendoboy1984 wrote:

So now that the 3DS Virtual Console is getting home console games, do you think the Wii U VC should get handheld titles?

i think a portable having a console game would be fine. But i can't imagine a game optimized for handhelds (pickup and play) being well accesible on a console. I mean i have to pick up the controller turn it on, and then i can't take it to far. While they may do it because of the tablet controller, i can't see the being very popular. think about it... do you want to sit down in front of the TV and play tetris? Although i can see them being like apps on the controller or something. Well i guess i just keep changing my mind, i have no idea! lol

3DS friend code: 1332-7705-6324Previous Usernames: Bossmank
Some_Chords

"Love your ego, you won't feel a thing, always number one, the pen with a bent wrist crooked king, sign away our peace, for your war, one word and it's over." ~ Deadmau5

Nintendo Network ID: bossmank

AuthorMessage
Avatar

bub166

12. Posted:

bossmank wrote:

tendoboy1984 wrote:

So now that the 3DS Virtual Console is getting home console games, do you think the Wii U VC should get handheld titles?

i think a portable having a console game would be fine. But i can't imagine a game optimized for handhelds (pickup and play) being well accesible on a console. I mean i have to pick up the controller turn it on, and then i can't take it to far. While they may do it because of the tablet controller, i can't see the being very popular. think about it... do you want to sit down in front of the TV and play tetris? Although i can see them being like apps on the controller or something. Well i guess i just keep changing my mind, i have no idea! lol

I fixed an NES for a Youth Center over the summer, and had the original Tetris with me. Even with a Wii and an XBOX, I sank hours into this game. Not a couple of hours, a LOT of hours. And this version didn't even have Korobeiniki in it. ;)

Nintendo - Where even first person shooters ooze creativity.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Althoff

13. Posted:

Wow, I posted this a couple months ago, and when I come back, it's one of the recently commented-on topics. Thanks for the info guys.

Go Nintendo!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

LordTendoboy

14. Posted:

Japan is getting the first NES game on 3DS, with added multiplayer, save states, etc. Guess what the game is...

Super Mario Bros. (of course...) -_-

3DS Friend Code (NEW) 4597-0176-3500
Minis March Again (NEW) 2323-0441-2739
Mini-Land Mayhem (NEW) 5071-8232-0670
Wii Friend Code 5519-8046-0668-6068
Smash Bros. Brawl 1893-2412-4594
PSN ID PS_man1984

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Geonjaha

15. Posted:

tendoboy1984 wrote:

Japan is getting the first NES game on 3DS, with added multiplayer, save states, etc. Guess what the game is...

Super Mario Bros. (of course...) -_-

Where did you get this news from?
Also how can it be the first if Zelda was justt released?

I make Pixel Art on occasion.

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6645-7215

AuthorMessage
Avatar

LordTendoboy

16. Posted:

Geonjaha wrote:

tendoboy1984 wrote:

Japan is getting the first NES game on 3DS, with added multiplayer, save states, etc. Guess what the game is...

Super Mario Bros. (of course...) -_-

Where did you get this news from?
Also how can it be the first if Zelda was justt released?

GoNintendo: http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=169159
Nintendo's Japanese site: http://www.nintendo.co.jp/3ds/eshop/vc/taaj/index.html

3DS Friend Code (NEW) 4597-0176-3500
Minis March Again (NEW) 2323-0441-2739
Mini-Land Mayhem (NEW) 5071-8232-0670
Wii Friend Code 5519-8046-0668-6068
Smash Bros. Brawl 1893-2412-4594
PSN ID PS_man1984

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Geonjaha

17. Posted:

Mmm, thanks for the links, but as I said it's not first.
I predict February for when we start getting the NES games...

I make Pixel Art on occasion.

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6645-7215

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Birdman

18. Posted:

From the GoNintendo article:

GoNintendo wrote:

The next of the 3DS NES Ambassador Program games is hitting Japan next week, but this time it's open to the general public. Super Mario Bros. will be available on Jan. 5th for 500 yen.

That doesn't state it's the first one available to the public; in fact, the use of the word "next" generally implies that it isn't the first. That honor (being first) goes to the original Legend of Zelda, which came out on the 22nd in Japan.

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8643-6062

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Shworange

19. Posted:

Perhaps February 17th will be the date all ambassador games will be available for purchase. That's the north American release of the Vita. Nintendo could do it then as a way of quickly upping the eshop catalog as a form of competition. One can only hope...

3DS friend code: 3780-9246-6946
NNID: yossarian22

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Geonjaha

20. Posted:

Shworange wrote:

Perhaps February 17th will be the date all ambassador games will be available for purchase. That's the north American release of the Vita. Nintendo could do it then as a way of quickly upping the eshop catalog as a form of competition. One can only hope...

Doubt it. Nintendo wouldn't release all of them at once for sale. Just be happy they decided to start with the best ones. Zelda, Mario, some Balloon Fight next hopefully. Then they can just...stop. The rest are garbage. :D

I make Pixel Art on occasion.

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6645-7215