Forums

Topic: NES Ambassador Game Impressions

Posts 141 to 145 of 145

the_shpydar

Link79 wrote:

Wow Zelda 2 wasn't nearly as hard as I remembered. I beat it pretty easily actually.

I just beat it again today and thought the same thing. Granted, i've played through the game so many times in the past 20+ years that i think at this point i play it by reflex and muscle memory. XD

@grumblegrumble
I totally remember the Nintendo Counselor help line thing. I called that a few times, i think probably for Castlevania II and maybe Blaster Master or something. It was awesome how no matter what tiny sort of detailed question you asked them, they always knew exactly what part of the game you were on and exactly what to do. I so wanted that job when i was a kid.

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

Link79

@ grumblegrumble
It's funny it took me this long to figure out that the reflect spell also blocks fireballs.
I do remember those game counselor lines. I called them once when I was stuck on a Link to the past.
It was the part where you get to the top of death mountain using the mirror.
For some dumb reason I didn't know how to get up there. Once I figured it out I felt like a moron for even calling a game counselor.
Ah the days before internet.

Hejiru wrote:
The only thing I don't like about Metroid is that when you die, you start at 30 energy and empty energy tanks. You can't do anything with so little health. So you have to find one of those pipes and keep shooting enemies until your energy slowly builds back up.

That is the single most irritating thing about the original Metroid.
What the hell were the game designers thinking?

Edited on by Link79

3DS Friend code 4038-6006-7917
Wii Friend code 3553-5293-8702-0039
Smash Bros. Brawl 0001-3032-2653
Mario vs DK: Minis March Again 3310-6435-2823
Wii and 3DS ID Link

Terave

Yep, I didn't have so many trouble getting over Death Mountain before. Now I needed to try at lest 4 times, but hey, I got the Hammer! I died by there again, But I don't care.

The original Zelda still makes it difficult for me to to get adn beat the 6th dungeon. I hate those magic casting witch thingies, and it's a pain in the arse to get there if you don't know (and as well if you know). But yeah, we can shorten it by getting the Power Bracelet.

Changed name: Old name was JDT!
Ponies will take over the world. Just deal with it.
3DS FC: 1375-7189-4496

BulbasaurusRex

Link79 wrote:

@ grumblegrumble
It's funny it took me this long to figure out that the reflect spell also blocks fireballs.
I do remember those game counselor lines. I called them once when I was stuck on a Link to the past.
It was the part where you get to the top of death mountain using the mirror.
For some dumb reason I didn't know how to get up there. Once I figured it out I felt like a moron for even calling a game counselor.
Ah the days before internet.

Hejiru wrote:
The only thing I don't like about Metroid is that when you die, you start at 30 energy and empty energy tanks. You can't do anything with so little health. So you have to find one of those pipes and keep shooting enemies until your energy slowly builds back up.

That is the single most irritating thing about the original Metroid.
What the hell were the game designers thinking?

That's nothing compared to Zelda II resetting all your experience when you die. So far, I can't even get close to a level up. I sure hope Link's fighting ability in this game comes more from the heart pieces, spells, and sword techniques than being at higher levels.

Ash: Professor Oak, how's your Bulbasaur?
Prof. Oak: Oh, it only hurts when I sit.
Prof. Oak: It's only Chansey if Krabby won't let go. Bye, now.
Ash: I don't think I'm going to call him anymore.

3DS Friend Code: 1547-5207-7912 | My Nintendo: Katara | Nintendo Network ID: TaurusBulbasaur

Link79

@ BulbasaurusRex
Yeah that dying and losing all your experience in Zelda 2 was total BS.
It also really sucks having to walk all the way back to the palace you died in.
I did notice something odd though. If you die in the final one you start right at the front door.
Why the hell can't I start right back at the door of every other palace?
Don't dare save in the great palace. You'll go all the way back to Zeldas bed. Ugh!

3DS Friend code 4038-6006-7917
Wii Friend code 3553-5293-8702-0039
Smash Bros. Brawl 0001-3032-2653
Mario vs DK: Minis March Again 3310-6435-2823
Wii and 3DS ID Link

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.