Forums

Topic: Metroid II: Return of Samus Impressions thread.

Posts 121 to 127 of 127

Knux

bezerker99 wrote:

All you need to know about Metroid II is it's not as good as Super Metroid....but vastly better than the original Metroid and Other M.

Fixed, because the original Metroid has not aged well at all. I got way more enjoyment out of Metroid II compared to the original Metroid. If anyone wants to experience the first Metroid, then buy Zero Mission.

Knux

Eel

Knux wrote:

bezerker99 wrote:

All you need to know about Metroid II is it's not as good as Super Metroid....but vastly better than the original Metroid and Other M.

Fixed, because the original Metroid has not aged well at all. I got way more enjoyment out of Metroid II compared to the original Metroid. If anyone wants to experience the first Metroid, then buy Zero Mission.

True.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

bezerker99

Morphtorok wrote:

Knux wrote:

bezerker99 wrote:

True.

As a gamer in the 80's who remembers buying and playing both Metroid and Metroid II: Return of Samus when each was released, I respectfully disagree with Metroid II being better and more enjoyable than the original. Everyone has opinions but it's good to know we all agree on just how much an abomination Other M truly is, right?

Edited on by bezerker99

ThePirateCaptain

@zerkie
I'm afraid not actually. I won't go into that, but I will say that there are a lot of NES games that have not aged well yet are still highly praised. The original Metroid and Legend of Zelda come to mind, though I think Metroid has aged better of the two. I won't say it's better than Metroid II, because they each have their strengths and weaknesses.

ThePirateCaptain

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

bezerker99

I have played through Metroid at least two dozen times in my life time. I've had Metroid 2 ever since it was released and have only played through it once because its boring. I never said Metroid had not aged well. I'm just saying if I had to choose between the two games to play the first would be it by a long shot

Eel

WaveBoy wrote:

If anything, it seems like Other:M has adopted the kinetic and styalized less realistic animations and character design from Super Metroid & Fusion, rather than Prime's westernized-ish slower paced realistic visuals. Yet I hear the environments are extremely bland, the soundtrack is lacking in variety and most importantly they completely destroyed Samus's characer. Still, i'm liking what i'm seeing much more so than Prime in regards to the character/enemie design, animation and combat. Seems like the perfect Metroid 2D to 3D transition.

And... I'm with you there.

And yeah, TLoZ has aged better than Metroid In the sense that a newcomer will easily advance through it with some time, but metroid will probably frustrate any new people trying to play it.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Bass_X0

Completely lost. I just found the Ice Beam though.

Edgey, Gumshoe, Godot, Sissel, Larry, then Mia, Franziska, Maggie, Kay and Lynne.

I'm throwing my money at the screen but nothing happens!

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.