Forums

Topic: Metroid Fusion

Posts 241 to 251 of 251

Eel

Yeah, I thought it was strange...

I guess just that I died a lot more than I'd like to accept. I'm not used to this kind of game.

OR the system counts the time it spent in sleep mode.

I think nintendo is more likely to never release it than to change the game to get rid of the original version included in Zero Mission.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

RR529

KingMike wrote:

If they put Zero Mission on 3DS VC, they'll probably take away the free NES Metroid.

I know the Metroid games don't count time spent in cutscenes or the map/menu, but 4 hours game time vs. 11 real time seems strange.

Since when did they make Metroid free? I know it was free for ambassadors (myself included), but it's not like they would delete it off your system. The most they would do is take it off the eShop (the paid version), and replace it with Zero Mission.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

RevolverLink

RR529 wrote:

KingMike wrote:

If they put Zero Mission on 3DS VC, they'll probably take away the free NES Metroid.

I know the Metroid games don't count time spent in cutscenes or the map/menu, but 4 hours game time vs. 11 real time seems strange.

Since when did they make Metroid free? I know it was free for ambassadors (myself included), but it's not like they would delete it off your system. The most they would do is take it off the eShop (the paid version), and replace it with Zero Mission.

He's saying that they might remove the copy of NES Metroid that's unlocked once you beat Zero Mission, not the standalone NES Metroid available on the eShop.

The Revloggery

Switch Friend Code: SW-4605-3581-8608 | 3DS Friend Code: 4339-3392-1142 | Nintendo Network ID: RevolverLink

KingMike

Right, essentially the GBA port of NES Metroid was included in Zero Mission and would be unlocked once you beat the game.
Oddly enough, the stand-alone Classic NES Series (which I'm assuming is exactly the same) version of Metroid was released at least six months after Zero Mission.
(though in Japan, it was less of a repeat because the JP version of Zero Mission still included the NES version of Metroid, while the Famicom Disk System version was sold by itself.)

Edited on by KingMike

KingMike

RR529

OK. Never having played Zero Mission, I wasn't aware the original was included. Forgive me for my ignorance.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

grumblebuzzz

Fusion is okay but my favorite 2D Metroid has to be a tie between Super Metroid and Zero Mission. I hope 3DS gives those games some love at some point.

When I close my eyes, I see pixilated blood.

grumblebuzzz

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

So is Ridley being an embarrassingly easy boss a running gag in the series?

Pretty much. The only game he was (surprisingly) kind of tough in was Metroid: Other M.

When I close my eyes, I see pixilated blood.

kkslider5552000

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

So is Ridley being an embarrassingly easy boss a running gag in the series?

I've found him fairly challenging in Super Metroid I think but the only people who play Super Metroid are super hardcore speed runners so they find him to be a joke I'm sure.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

KingMike

Ridley's pretty tough in Fusion if you are missing several Energy Tanks.
I think it was only Zero Mission (at least of the 2D games) where he was a joke (unless you're trying for the 15% ending, you should have enough missiles you can just stand there and pound his face in).

KingMike

Eel

I had like 8 energy tanks and I could defeat him on my first try by just missile spamming him in the face whenever he grabbed me.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.