Forums

Topic: Metroid Fusion

Posts 141 to 160 of 251

Link79

I 've always had a tendency to like things that the general population hated.
Star fox Adventures, Other M, The Star wars prequels etc.
I guess I'm weird like that.
I'm the guy at the pet store who would choose the weaker uglier dog instead of the cute one.
I'd feel sorry for the one nobody wants because I remember how that feels.
I like to find the good in things that most people don't.

Edited on by Link79

3DS Friend code 4038-6006-7917
Wii Friend code 3553-5293-8702-0039
Smash Bros. Brawl 0001-3032-2653
Mario vs DK: Minis March Again 3310-6435-2823
Wii and 3DS ID Link

Scissors

If you're one of those keifers that think Metroid Fusion is a bad game you deserve to get your nipples bitten off. How do you live with yourself? You're legs should be run over with a steam roller, and turned into a smoothie. Then I'll drink that smoothie as I'm laughing at your disgusting human/pig hybrid face. Why don't you go back to playing that fountain of diarrhea you worship called Other M. And let the ADULTS get back to playing the real Metroid game, buncha Babyz.

kkslider5552000

Link79 wrote:

I'm the guy at the pet store who would choose the weaker uglier dog instead of the cute one.

I like those things too. I just realize why they aren't the best and why the major, obvious problems with them overshadow any opinion I have. There's a difference between liking something and ignoring blatant flaws (whether you're in the minority that doesn't care about those flaws is irrelevent usually) with them, and the easiest way for anyone to take your different opinion seriously is to be aware of this stuff. Or...something like that.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

zionich

Ya SA-X makes me scream. I am surprised my completion time was only 48 minutes, course I was only 60% item collection.

3DS FC : 4914-6709-6917
Xbox Live : Zionich
PS4: Zionich
Switch FC: SW-1208-7413-3716

Brutapode89

Metroid Fusion Power! Hi, hi, hi!

@zionich My god! SA-X is very dangerous!!!

AKA Jamba001, FRpokefan, Dracolosse89, Drattak89 & Scarhino89.
Friend Safari: Ground-type with Marowak, Palpitoad & Wooper.

3DS Friend Code: 1547-5281-6768 | Nintendo Network ID: Jamba001

Kid_A

Finally started playing this one again. Yep. It's a great game, alright. It's still not quite as good as its direct sequel, Other M, for me. But it's still great. I'm especially enjoying the soundtrack, which I've never had the chance to appreciate through headphones before. Playing this one late at night in the dark with a good pair of headphones is genuinely unsettling at times. Definitely has all the Metroid atmospheric goodness one could hope for.

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Stereoman

hey anyone tried the secret shortcut through the waterlevel after opening the red barrier?
i mean the shortcut with the speed booster where you get to hear a secret discussion between the CPu and a shadowed person?!

now i refuse to finish metroid fusion the second time now on ambassador, solely for this event lol ....
I manage to get into the huge hallway where you have to speed boost all that long tower until to the top and then speed boost to the left door to break the speed blocks and get out of that "jail" .
Any tips on that really hard passage ? Not sure if anyone knows which one and where i mean it oO It's relatively lategame after the plant boss i guess ...

Edited on by Stereoman

MH4 online thread

3DS Friend Code: 1504-7028-1432

Stereoman

Link79 wrote:

Starfox Adventures was one of the most magnificent action-adventures for its time. I really liked it !!!

MH4 online thread

3DS Friend Code: 1504-7028-1432

grumblegrumble

Stereoman wrote:

hey anyone tried the secret shortcut through the waterlevel after opening the red barrier?
i mean the shortcut with the speed booster where you get to hear a secret discussion between the CPu and a shadowed person?!

now i refuse to finish metroid fusion the second time now on ambassador, solely for this event lol ....
I manage to get into the huge hallway where you have to speed boost all that long tower until to the top and then speed boost to the left door to break the speed blocks and get out of that "jail" .
Any tips on that really hard passage ? Not sure if anyone knows which one and where i mean it oO It's relatively lategame after the plant boss i guess ...

Oh, man! That sounds like a total headache! I need to pick this one back up. I got lost about 2 days into playing it and am trying not to go online to get 'help', what a great game though!

3DS Friend Code: 4511-0578-9918 (User name: Grumble) If u add me let me know so I can add you back ;) Current Favorites: NSMB 2, CrossWords Plus, Art Academy: Lessons For Everyone, Donkey Kong, Mario Golf, Balloon Pop Remix, Precipice, Digidrive, Art of Balance: Touch, Speed X3D, R...

Eel

I just played this for the first time today, I got to the 2nd biosphere.
It's better than I expected! (And totally more fun to me than the original one for the NES!)

Is it just me, or is Samus like really weak in this game? I guess it's part of the whole "power suit started to eat you so we had to remove it by force" thing.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

kkslider5552000

Samus is weak in every Metroid in the early parts of the game. Except for maybe Metroid Prime 3.

ThePirateCaptain

I think I have to restart my file because i'm stuck in an area with no ways to escape. It's right after you beat Nightmare and there is a speed booster wall that takes you to the underwater place. The thing is that there is only red doors and I can't speed boost out like I got in. If anyone could help it would be much appreciated.

ThePirateCaptain

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

Late

iPancakez wrote:

I think I have to restart my file because i'm stuck in an area with no ways to escape. It's right after you beat Nightmare and there is a speed booster wall that takes you to the underwater place. The thing is that there is only red doors and I can't speed boost out like I got in. If anyone could help it would be much appreciated.

I'm pretty sure that you can't get stuck at any point like that. There must be some way out. Haven't played for a while so can't help more.

It's its, not it's.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

Terave

@iPancakez I'm somewhere around that point too, and I'm not stuck. I'll have a look there and maybe I can help you.

Changed name: Old name was JDT!
Ponies will take over the world. Just deal with it.
3DS FC: 1375-7189-4496

kkslider5552000

iPancakez wrote:

find a tunnel area and use power bombs. Go up to the new area you open up and you'll find a tall room with a series of morph ball tunnels. Try to get the morphball through the wall if you get stuck in that room.

I know this game too well.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

ThePirateCaptain

@kkslider
I don't know of any tunnel area that you mentioned. Maybe i'll post a picture of the map if i can figure out how.

Edited on by ThePirateCaptain

ThePirateCaptain

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

grumblegrumble

BulbasaurusRex wrote:

You shouldn't be "mashing the D-Pad." You should be using strategic timing with the Quick Dodge.

Super Metroid rehashed all of Metroid's bosses. Do you fault SM for that? There are still plenty of new bosses, and Other M's more unique gameplay provides different experiences for taking down the returning bosses.

Haha! That's too funny. Reminds me of my Dad. He'll call me at 4 in the morning from Texas and ask "Son, what button do I MASH to get on the AOL?" I'm like... "First of all Dad, you don't use AOL anymore, you haven't in 15 years, you're talking about the Internet, the World Wide Web, remember?! and no one mashes anything but potatoes." lol

Edited on by grumblegrumble

3DS Friend Code: 4511-0578-9918 (User name: Grumble) If u add me let me know so I can add you back ;) Current Favorites: NSMB 2, CrossWords Plus, Art Academy: Lessons For Everyone, Donkey Kong, Mario Golf, Balloon Pop Remix, Precipice, Digidrive, Art of Balance: Touch, Speed X3D, R...

grumblegrumble

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Samus is weak in every Metroid in the early parts of the game. Except for maybe Metroid Prime 3.

That's a little irritating, too. You'd think that after all these countless missions and lessons learned they would actually outfit Samus with some weapons that she uses EVERY SINGLE TIME but, nooooo, we have to go FIND these old weapons all over again! Doesn't sound like a very smart company she works for. lol

Then again, the fun is in finding things, even when you've found them 8 times in the past or whatever. I still love this game, though, despite all the nitpicky flaws.

Edited on by grumblegrumble

retired_account

BulbasaurusRex wrote:

You shouldn't be "mashing the D-Pad." You should be using strategic timing with the Quick Dodge.

Maybe I "should" be, but d-pad mashing coupled with charge shot spam worked like a charm. That's a serious design flaw.

Super Metroid rehashed all of Metroid's bosses. Do you fault SM for that? There are still plenty of new bosses, and Other M's more unique gameplay provides different experiences for taking down the returning bosses.

How is rehashing bosses the same as dull, linear gameplay, half-a$$ed, ridiculously stupid design choices, and an (arguably) poorly presented story? Bosses have been rehashed pretty much since the dawn of gaming, but the great games always backed it up with awesome gameplay.

Super Metroid's combat isn't very good, but the atmosphere is absolutely incredible. Exploring Zebes and discovering new abilities was one of the most enjoyable and rewarding video game experiences I've ever had.

Other M is a mediocre sequel to an utterly amazing game, and it left me with a very bad taste in my mouth.

Edited on by retired_account

retired_account

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.