3DS Virtual Console Forum

Topic: Metroid Fusion

Showing 121 to 140 of 252

AuthorMessage

grumblegrumble

121. Posted:

I-U wrote:

Metroid Fusion, Super Metroid and Metroid Zero Mission are between Metroid (higher) and Metroid Prime 3 (lower) on my rankings of the series. Right now, it's probably Super, then Fusion and finally Zero Mission. Metroid Fusion takes a more actiony and story-oriented approach than Zero and Super, but also is more linear. The 2D games already feel confined inherently, and the linearity just adds onto that feeling unfortunately. Metroid Fusion felt unique in having a mobile main antagonist as well as a chase for energy and ammo system, which I felt helped sell the actiony direction of the game. Metroid Fusion wins out in the 2D games as the one with the best story, having environments and enemy behavior change based on story events throughout the game. While I don't feel it has the best bosses in the 2D series (honor goes to Metroid II), I do think it has the most unique with the fast-paced encounter with Serris, gravity-manipulating Nightmare and the SA-X face-off. I am currently working on completing the game on my 3DS, but it will not move into a favorite spot for me, as Metroid Prime Hunters firmly holds that spot by a significant margin.

Super Metroid was okay for me... Since it's basically a clone of the original with spruced up graphics and a few different things I tend to like the original more since it's the Metroid I grew up with and remember most fondly.. This game, however, is a whole different game, and I absolutely am loving it! Nintendo would be dumb not to re-release this in the e-shop for everyone. It's fantastic! I don't care that it's linear in design and kind of leads you to where you're supposed to go, for me, that makes the perfect game, because you can still wander off and get lost in areas (like I did the other day.) Great game experience!

3DS Friend Code: 4511-0578-9918 (User name: Grumble) If u add me let me know so I can add you back ;) Current Favorites: NSMB 2, CrossWords Plus, Art Academy: Lessons For Everyone, Donkey Kong, Mario Golf, Balloon Pop Remix, Precipice, Digidrive, Art of Balance: Touch, Speed X3D, Retro Pocket

AuthorMessage

Xiao_Pai

122. Posted:

Decided to start on Fusion, I believe this will be my second time playing this game. (the first time being back when I had the actual game on my SP/DS

kkslider5552000 wrote:

try Metroid Prime 2 on hard difficulty.

And use the GameCube version, lol.

Edited on by Xiao_Pai

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD
Update: Also love Yukari and Mizore from Rosario + Vampire.
Another Update: Also Yuuki...from School Rumble...
Yet Another Update: Also Amber and Xiao Pai from Rune Factory 4.

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

123. Posted:

Eureka wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Without getting more than half the items

has actually beaten Metroid Prime 2 on hard mode with only 60-70% items. closest I've gotten to being great at video games

Edited on by kkslider5552000

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage

Late

124. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Eureka wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

has actually beaten Metroid Prime 2 on hard mode with only 60-70% items. closest I've gotten to being great at video games

• I'll try the hard difficulty in Prime 2 when I have time to play
  • I don't have the GameCube version, sorry. It would add some more difficulty with different controls.
  • I have never tried to get 100% items in any Metroid game yet. I usually end up with 40-60% items on first playthrough, depending on Metroid game. I think I take all I can find during my game, if I see one next to my nose, I can't just walk away.

Now I don't want to hear more about it. I can already believe that it's hard to beat Metroid Prime 2 on hard and now you listed more things to make it even harder. :P

3DS FC: 3566-1647-7196
My Backloggery
My Pullblox puzzles
Be kind and feed my Pokémon :)

3DS Friend Code: 3566-1647-7196

AuthorMessage

Xiao_Pai

125. Posted:

Late wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Eureka wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

• I'll try the hard difficulty in Prime 2 when I have time to play
  • I don't have the GameCube version, sorry. It would add some more difficulty with different controls.
  • I have never tried to get 100% items in any Metroid game yet. I usually end up with 40-60% items on first playthrough, depending on Metroid game. I think I take all I can find during my game, if I see one next to my nose, I can't just walk away.

Now I don't want to hear more about it. I can already believe that it's hard to beat Metroid Prime 2 on hard and now you listed more things to make it even harder. :P

Well Boosty still proved to be a pain in the butt for me in Trilogy anyways, lol

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD

AuthorMessage

wolfhound91W

126. Posted:

This is my favorite Ambassador GBA release out of all 10.
I have played the orginal Metroid, Super Metroid, and Metroid II for GB, but this is my first time playing Fusion.
This game is amazing. Similar to Super Metroid, of course not as good, it is extremely fun, and it does has a map.

wolfhound91W

AuthorMessage

Xiao_Pai

127. Posted:

Ugh...spiders...I hate spiders...freakin' Yakuza, lol.

AuthorMessage

LucinaSmash

128. Posted:

Metroid Fusion is the first GBA game that I completed (not 100%) both in its original cartridge and in 3DS Ambassador download.

For the best Wii U HD experience, Mad Catz Wii Component Cable in 1080p

AuthorMessage

zionich

129. Posted:

I might be crazy, but after playing Fusion again, I really wanna go back through Other M now.

3DS FC : 4339-2473-8555
Xbox Live : Zionich
PS3: Yellow Light of Death

AuthorMessage

Link79

130. Posted:

@ Zionich
That's not crazy at all. Other M will make alot more sense after playing Fusion.
I really don't get all the disgust that game gets. People are really hard to please.

3DS Friend code 4038-6006-7917
Wii Friend code 3553-5293-8702-0039
Smash Bros. Brawl 0001-3032-2653
Mario vs DK: Minis March Again 3310-6435-2823
Wii and 3DS ID Link

AuthorMessage

LordTendoboy

131. Posted:

Link79 wrote:

@ Zionich
That's not crazy at all. Other M will make alot more sense after playing Fusion.
I really don't get all the disgust that game gets. People are really hard to please.

I couldn't get into Other M. I enjoyed the fast paced action and boss battles, but the rest of the game just didn't feel like Metroid. The voice acting was average at best, but the dialogue / character interaction was atrocious. The graphics and sound design were good though.

I'd give it a 6/10.

Edited on by LordTendoboy

3DS Friend Code (NEW) 4597-0176-3500
Minis March Again (NEW) 2323-0441-2739
Mini-Land Mayhem (NEW) 5071-8232-0670
Wii Friend Code 5519-8046-0668-6068
Smash Bros. Brawl 1893-2412-4594
PSN ID PS_man1984

AuthorMessage

Link79

132. Posted:

@ Lordtendoboy
Okay I'll be around if you wanna play sometime.
Just send me a message or whatever and I'll get back to you.

3DS Friend code 4038-6006-7917
Wii Friend code 3553-5293-8702-0039
Smash Bros. Brawl 0001-3032-2653
Mario vs DK: Minis March Again 3310-6435-2823
Wii and 3DS ID Link

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

133. Posted:

Link79 wrote:

I really don't get all the disgust that game gets.

take some writing classes, it'll explain everything

AuthorMessage

BulbasaurusRex

134. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Link79 wrote:

Everyone knows the dialogue sucks in Other M. It's just that everything else in the game is great but nobody really gives it credit for it simply because it screwed up so badly on a more minor aspect of the game. It's like the Starfox Adventures of the Metroid series.

Another way of compaison is that the Star Wars prequel trilogy did a lot of stuff right, but too many people don't appreciate the bigger picture (pun not intended) it painted just because they can't get past Lucas's horrendous dialogue (that and Jar Jar).

Edited on by BulbasaurusRex

Ash: Professor Oak, how's your Bulbasaur?
Prof. Oak: Oh, it only hurts when I sit.
Prof. Oak: It's only Chansey if Krabby won't let go. Bye, now.
Ash: I don't think I'm going to call him anymore.

3DS Friend Code: 1547-5207-7912

AuthorMessage

zionich

135. Posted:

I didnt find Fusions dialogue any better, not to say I disliked either.

@Link79, I had played Fusion when it first came out. I just realized how close Other M was to it after going through it again. I just dislike how linear they are. But im sure its nessicary plot wise.

3DS FC : 4339-2473-8555
Xbox Live : Zionich
PS3: Yellow Light of Death

AuthorMessage

Crystalline

136. Posted:

zionich wrote:

I didnt find Fusions dialogue any better, not to say I disliked either.

@Link79, I had played Fusion when it first came out. I just realized how close Other M was to it after going through it again. I just dislike how linear they are. But im sure its nessicary plot wise.

Well i guess that's one of its down-sides, though the story is quite solid. It's not the Megaman-Zero series, but it's still nice plot-wise. What comes out to me the most is how the whole game has this "darker" feeling to it. Not sure if you felt the same :P But when i was young, during my first playthrough, i always jumped during the SA-X Chase scenes!

Crystalline

AuthorMessage

pixelman

137. Posted:

BulbasaurusRex wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Link79 wrote:

Everyone knows the dialogue sucks in Other M. It's just that everything else in the game is great but nobody really gives it credit for it simply because it screwed up so badly on a more minor aspect of the game. It's like the Starfox Adventures of the Metroid series.

Another way of compaison is that the Star Wars prequel trilogy did a lot of stuff right, but too many people don't appreciate the bigger picture (pun not intended) it painted just because they can't get past Lucas's horrendous dialogue (that and Jar Jar).

Actually a lot of people (myself included) didn't care for the gameplay either. Running through corridors, being led from point A to point B, and mashing the d-pad is not my idea of fun. :P

Edited on by pixelman

I made Kid Tripp! PocketGamer gave it a 9 out of 10! You should totally buy it now!
[16:39] BadKitty: you trying to steal stuff from me? u_u
[16:41] kribs: don't worry Emmy, even if poix tried to steal something from you, he wouldn't finish stealing it

3DS Friend Code: 1123-6536-5321 | Nintendo Network ID: pixelpowa | Twitter: thatpixelguy

AuthorMessage

Chrono_Cross

138. Posted:

My biggest complaints are that Adam tells you when to use your weapons rather than exploring and finding them.

Spoilers

If you beat the game and didn't get all of the items, the game shows you where they are exactly on your map. Which eats away from the exploring concept Metroid has always been so attached to. Since ever.

/Spoilers

Also rehashed bosses shows laziness. And the music was awful. Because it was so quiet and so forgettable... Really I haven't played Other M since I beat it 100% September of 2010. And all of that was off the top of my head. :D

Edited on by Chrono_Cross

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage

Meta-Rift

139. Posted:

BulbasaurusRex wrote:

Everyone knows the dialogue sucks in Other M. It's just that everything else in the game is great but nobody really gives it credit for it simply because it screwed up so badly on a more minor aspect of the game.

Seriously? Everything else is so much worse that it makes you forget how bad the dialogue is.

Meta-Rift

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

140. Posted:

BulbasaurusRex wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Link79 wrote:

You forgot, "in my opinion".

Or did you?