Forums

Topic: Metroid Fusion

Posts 101 to 120 of 251

6ch6ris6

i also got the powerbombs and now i have to fight this spider-thing- so hard. is there a saveroom nearby or do i have to go all the way from my spaceship again when i get killed by this thing. so annoying!

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

Late

6ch6ris6 wrote:

i also got the powerbombs and now i have to fight this spider-thing- so hard. is there a saveroom nearby or do i have to go all the way from my spaceship again when i get killed by this thing. so annoying!

There's a savestation nearby but it doesn't work until you kill the boss. The spider isn't that hard. I liked to go to right side of the screen with morph ball and only move if it is coming too near or when I'm about to attack.

It's its, not it's.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

Kingbuilder

Whoa! Nightmare was crazy awesome!

I'm now in the Aqua region of Sector 4 and I really like all of the detail put into the environment and the music is as epic as ever. I really am enjoying this game. :L

“The revolution is not an apple that falls when it is ripe. You have to make it fall.” - "Some men are born mediocre, some men achieve mediocrity, and some men have mediocrity thrust upon them."

Crystalline

Kingbuilder wrote:

Whoa! Nightmare was crazy awesome!

I'm now in the Aqua region of Sector 4 and I really like all of the detail put into the environment and the music is as epic as ever. I really am enjoying this game. :L

When you reach the underwater part of sector 4, you'l have a couple of nasty puzzles/challenging environments to work out :3 Heheh. If you've never played this game before, then you'l love what happens at the end >

PS: The "Get a 100% complete game, and you get Samus without her suit" thing, still applies in this game as well.

Crystalline

lonlon-milker

LoL I am just in sector 3. I almost always sucked in previous metroid games and this game is no acception. I don't know why but every time I hear the word SA-X I just hear an alto sax solo boom through my head. The really wierd thing is that I was awsome at the original metroid and that I also was okay at othe M (Stupid lava).

HadukroPUNCH= awesome battle cry

Panduh

I just beat this game, and it was one of my favorite games of all time. It was difficult enough that i died quite a bit, but not too difficult so that I threw my ds against the wall. The controls were flawless, the story was epic, and SA-X was creepy. I love this game so much, and I can't wait to get 100% on it. If you haven't played this game yet, PLAY IT!

Currently Playing: Pikmin 3 and Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
Recently Beat: Wind Waker HD, Mario 3D World, and A Link between Worlds

3DS Friend Code: 3394-3590-1909 | Nintendo Network ID: androidcall

Kingbuilder

Ridley looks and sounds terribly ridiculous in this game (in my completely humble opinion, of course). I just think he looks way too cartoon-y as opposed to the rest of the game and his screeching noises sound like an angry cat.

Or maybe I'm just angry because I can't beat him. D:

“The revolution is not an apple that falls when it is ripe. You have to make it fall.” - "Some men are born mediocre, some men achieve mediocrity, and some men have mediocrity thrust upon them."

LordTendoboy

Late wrote:

6ch6ris6 wrote:

There's a savestation nearby but it doesn't work until you kill the boss. The spider isn't that hard. I liked to go to right side of the screen with morph ball and only move if it is coming too near or when I'm about to attack.

The spider took me forever to beat the first time I played Fusion. But it's not as hard as the BioSpider in Mega Man X... God that game is crazy hard in the Sigma stages. I could never beat that spider.

3DS Friend Code (NEW) 4597-0176-3500
Minis March Again (NEW) 2323-0441-2739
Mini-Land Mayhem (NEW) 5071-8232-0670
Wii Friend Code 5519-8046-0668-6068
Smash Bros. Brawl 1893-2412-4594
[...

Late

One of my complaint about Metroid games is that the bosses are too easy for me although they seem to be hard enough for some people in here. It took me 1-2 tries to kill all the bosses in Fusion. It may be because this was second time I beat this game but still they weren't too hard when I first time played. Nightmare was hard on first try and I died many times but now I killed it on second try.
All the bosses in Metroid series look awesome (not counting original Metroid, the same bosses appear in later games and then they look awesome too) but they are too easy. Although if the bosses were too hard, the speedruns would be kinda impossible to do to get those awesome Samus pictures.

It's its, not it's.

kkslider5552000

I'm confused, all Metroid bosses are too easy because you only got killed once by some of them in your second playthrough in one of the easier Metroid games?

hey guys all Zelda bosses are too easy because I only died a few times in my 2nd playthrough of Twilight Princess :V

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Crystalline

kkslider5552000 wrote:

I'm confused, all Metroid bosses are too easy because you only got killed once by some of them in your second playthrough in one of the easier Metroid games?

hey guys all Zelda bosses are too easy because I only died a few times in my 2nd playthrough of Twilight Princess :V

Yeah, whoever's using that logic is making no sense whatsoever.

Though some bosses in Metroid Fusion are relatively easy to beat. I'd say the hardest one is Ridley.

PS: Want to battle hard bosses on the GBA? The Megaman Zero Series are flawless in that very aspect. You'l see yourself re-playing the entire stage and re-battling the bosses over and over again. Specially in Megaman Zero 2. Ah, the memories :3 Thank god for the DS collection.

Edited on by Crystalline

Crystalline

Kingbuilder

And... finished.

I beat it with a 49% Completion Rating. Not the best percentage I've ever gotten in a Metroid game, but it definitely gives me another reason to play it through again. Without a doubt fantastic, and entirely recommended to everybody who is interested in an amazing experience.

grumblegrumble

Kingbuilder wrote:

And... finished.

I beat it with a 49% Completion Rating. Not the best percentage I've ever gotten in a Metroid game, but it definitely gives me another reason to play it through again. Without a doubt fantastic, and entirely recommended to everybody who is interested in an amazing experience.

Congrats! I haven't picked this game up since Swapnote was released! LOL. (Bad me, I know.) I need to pick it back up. I think I was on the way to Sector 4 when I finished. Enjoying it immensely, though. The detail in this game is amazing by todays standards, most brand new DsiWare games don't look this good!

3DS Friend Code: 4511-0578-9918 (User name: Grumble) If u add me let me know so I can add you back ;) Current Favorites: NSMB 2, CrossWords Plus, Art Academy: Lessons For Everyone, Donkey Kong, Mario Golf, Balloon Pop Remix, Precipice, Digidrive, Art of Balance: Touch, Speed X3D, R...

Late

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Sorry if I wasn't clear enough but I'd like to have some more challenge. The bosses weren't hard on first try and now on second time I played it through after 1,5 years between playthroughs they were really easy. At least they aren't as easy as bosses in Metroid Prime. I think I haven't died even once in Prime yet and I've almost beaten the game. I like Metroid games but I'd like to have some more challenge. There's games that are hard even after 5 playthroughs. I'd like to see something like Sephiroth in Kingdom Hearts. He is hard and awesome boss. Metroid bosses are mostly easy and awesome.

EDIT: I've played Metroid, Super Metroid, Metroid Prime, Metroid Prime: Hunters, Metroid: Zero Mission and Metroid Fusion and I haven't encountered bosses that I'd count hard although the Metroid (NES) is hard enough for me to not even try to get to kill the bosses, I'm too lazy to try refill my energy after dying

Edited on by Late

It's its, not it's.

Late

kkslider5552000 wrote:

try Metroid Prime 2 on hard difficulty.

I'll try after I beat the Trilogy on normal difficulty first, not enough time to play all my games

It's its, not it's.

Chrono_Cross

Late wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

I'll try after I beat the Trilogy on normal difficulty first, not enough time to play all my games

You should also record both the gameplay and your reactions the entire way through the game on hard mode. I'd love to hear your reactions.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

Late

Viewtiful_Joe wrote:

Late wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

You should also record both the gameplay and your reactions the entire way through the game on hard mode. I'd love to hear your reactions.

Well... I'm not sure about that xD Maybe I'll say something but I'm not even sure when I'm going to play Prime 2 on hard mode. I'm more interested in my ambassador games than Metroid Prime Trilogy at the moment so it may take some time to move onto it again. And I got more games to play as a present. Have to beat Heroes of Might and Magic 1-5, Kirby's Adventure Wii and Metroid 2: Return of Samus!

It's its, not it's.

I-U

Metroid Fusion, Super Metroid and Metroid Zero Mission are between Metroid (higher) and Metroid Prime 3 (lower) on my rankings of the series. Right now, it's probably Super, then Fusion and finally Zero Mission. Metroid Fusion takes a more actiony and story-oriented approach than Zero and Super, but also is more linear. The 2D games already feel confined inherently, and the linearity just adds onto that feeling unfortunately. Metroid Fusion felt unique in having a mobile main antagonist as well as a chase for energy and ammo system, which I felt helped sell the actiony direction of the game. Metroid Fusion wins out in the 2D games as the one with the best story, having environments and enemy behavior change based on story events throughout the game. While I don't feel it has the best bosses in the 2D series (honor goes to Metroid II), I do think it has the most unique with the fast-paced encounter with Serris, gravity-manipulating Nightmare and the SA-X face-off. I am currently working on completing the game on my 3DS, but it will not move into a favorite spot for me, as Metroid Prime Hunters firmly holds that spot by a significant margin.

"The secret to ultimate power lies in the Alimbic Cluster."

grumblegrumble

I-U wrote:

Metroid Fusion, Super Metroid and Metroid Zero Mission are between Metroid (higher) and Metroid Prime 3 (lower) on my rankings of the series. Right now, it's probably Super, then Fusion and finally Zero Mission. Metroid Fusion takes a more actiony and story-oriented approach than Zero and Super, but also is more linear. The 2D games already feel confined inherently, and the linearity just adds onto that feeling unfortunately. Metroid Fusion felt unique in having a mobile main antagonist as well as a chase for energy and ammo system, which I felt helped sell the actiony direction of the game. Metroid Fusion wins out in the 2D games as the one with the best story, having environments and enemy behavior change based on story events throughout the game. While I don't feel it has the best bosses in the 2D series (honor goes to Metroid II), I do think it has the most unique with the fast-paced encounter with Serris, gravity-manipulating Nightmare and the SA-X face-off. I am currently working on completing the game on my 3DS, but it will not move into a favorite spot for me, as Metroid Prime Hunters firmly holds that spot by a significant margin.

Super Metroid was okay for me... Since it's basically a clone of the original with spruced up graphics and a few different things I tend to like the original more since it's the Metroid I grew up with and remember most fondly.. This game, however, is a whole different game, and I absolutely am loving it! Nintendo would be dumb not to re-release this in the e-shop for everyone. It's fantastic! I don't care that it's linear in design and kind of leads you to where you're supposed to go, for me, that makes the perfect game, because you can still wander off and get lost in areas (like I did the other day.) Great game experience!

3DS Friend Code: 4511-0578-9918 (User name: Grumble) If u add me let me know so I can add you back ;) Current Favorites: NSMB 2, CrossWords Plus, Art Academy: Lessons For Everyone, Donkey Kong, Mario Golf, Balloon Pop Remix, Precipice, Digidrive, Art of Balance: Touch, Speed X3D, R...

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.