3DS Virtual Console Forum

Topic: Link's Awakening Available Now on eShop

Showing 221 to 240 of 289

AuthorMessage

lockelocke

221. Posted:

"Zelda" activated the 2nd quest in the original Legend of Zelda, I wasn't aware that it did anything on Link's Awakening. In fact, I just wiki'd it and I don't think it does.

i_am_error
3DS FC: 5198 - 2459 - 3589
backlockelockery

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

222. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

turtlelink wrote:

A water one. I think I need the hookshot or something but I can't find it. I'll look for it after I beat OoT 3D.

The hook Shot is in the 5th Dungeon, which i just finished up last night. yay me. :p
Now I need 200 more Rupies. SPOILERS So I can get Wart(from Super Mario Bros 2) and his frog buddies to sing me a song.lol I can't believe Nintendo stuck 'Wart' in a Zelda game...I couldn't believe it when i first saw him. as if the SMB baddies weren't enough haha. Awesomes stuff! B-)

There's a bunch of Mario references. There's a bunch of Nintendo references in general. Why, in one level SPOILER Kirby shows up as a little bad guy. :D

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

223. Posted:

sam322 wrote:

@csmobit no, not that easy for a newcomer (i'm a newcomer to this game), i even use a guide only a few times and the rest i do it on my own

Thanks.

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

224. Posted:

I'm on Dungeon 6 now, and it's safe to say that the tricky difficulty spiked up a ton! :p
I had to use the Ocarina over 5 times just to get back to the starting area of the Dungeon, since i got stuck too many times because i was out of Bombs and arrows to trigger those Magic Ball switches. :p

By the way which was your guys favorite dungeon thus far? I can't count 6 since i haven't beaten it yet, but I'd have to say 3 was probably my favorite. Actually they were all fantastic in their own ways before hand, it's a tough call I guess. B-)

Currently Playing: Mega Man V!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

225. Posted:

Finished the oh so Purple Vividness and trickyness that was Dungeon 7...Probably my least favorite Dungeon of the bunch. :p And that Boss Battle? What a whimpy geek burger...Ya, 'geek burger' is what you'd call an 80's Stephanie and DJ Tanner diss from Full House. Only the coolest of COOL use that diss in this day and age. B-)

Semi-Spoilers
Now I need to get that key to Unlock the 7nth dungeon, but i can't get to it....I've also got a magnifieing glass and Potion that i need to use somehow. Anyways, so far Link's awakening Schools the blippin hell out of LOZ, Zelda II: Adventure of Link, PHG and the Wind Waker...Ya, i haven't exactly played the rest. :p

PS: Does anybody else have foggy memories based on the first half of the game now that you're on the 2nd half?lol
I'm having a tricky time remembering parts from Dungeons 1-3, but i remember 4,5 and now 6 pretty clearly. :p If anything Dungeon 6 has the catchiest dungeon theme.....

The best tune though in my books goes to the theme when you've killed the dungeon boss, the door unlocks, and the Magical instrument that sits in in it's throne awaits your entray' lol It's pretty magical!

Edited on by WaveBoy

We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!

AuthorMessage

SamuraiShyGuy

226. Posted:

Sorry WaveBoy, but I still haven't started this game yet. Chrono Trigger is taking me longer than I thought. And now I have 3D Pixel Racing slowing me down as well. By the time I start LA you will probably be finished. But the first time I played LA, I think I got stuck at the point you are at now. I was pretty far into the game and there was a dungeon that I just couldn't find the key for.

That just got me thinking: Is LA the only Zelda where you need keys to unlock the dungeons? Oh and WaveBoy, Wind Waker is one of the best Zelda games. That game makes me wanna cry it's so good.

3DS: 0173-1626-4750
Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
Check out my Colors!3D gallery!

AuthorMessage

sam322

227. Posted:

@TeeJay go for it bro it is a legend!

If there is a broil between 3DS and PS VITA, then GO 3DS!!!
My e-mail: samhijjazi@yahoo.com
youtube aCCOUNT: Sams3dsReviews
3ds friend code:3523-2083-5529
3ds games: super street fighter 4, ghost recon shadow wars,resident evil the mercenaries 3D, Tetris Axis, SM3DL, FIFA 12, MK7

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

228. Posted:

SamuraiShyGuy wrote:

Sorry WaveBoy, but I still haven't started this game yet. Chrono Trigger is taking me longer than I thought. And now I have 3D Pixel Racing slowing me down as well. By the time I start LA you will probably be finished. But the first time I played LA, I think I got stuck at the point you are at now. I was pretty far into the game and there was a dungeon that I just couldn't find the key for.

That just got me thinking: Is LA the only Zelda where you need keys to unlock the dungeons? Oh and WaveBoy, Wind Waker is one of the best Zelda games. That game makes me wanna cry it's so good.

Wind Waker, out of the ones that I played was the only Zelda I actually i loathed. :p
As beautiful as the art direction was, i found it to be quite the bore fest. The sailing was easily the worst thing abou it, but that's stale territory as that's practically everybodies main gripe about the game.

I feel like I should give it a second chance, as it's been so long.

AuthorMessage

SamuraiShyGuy

229. Posted:

I LOVED the sailing. Wind Waker is the most exploration driven Zelda game because of this. Setting out on the open ocean not knowing what you are going to find, running into enemy ships and towers you can raid, searching for treasure, discovering new islands... I just love the adventure of it all. And the overworld was the largest of any zelda game by far. No other game has ever captured that sense of exploring the open ocean like Wind Waker. Plus, if you didn't like the sailing, you could teleport later in the game. I personally prefer sailing to teleporting, though. :D

3DS: 0173-1626-4750
Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
Check out my Colors!3D gallery!

AuthorMessage

Meta-Rift

230. Posted:

SamuraiShyGuy wrote:

I LOVED the sailing. Wind Waker is the most exploration driven Zelda game because of this. Setting out on the open ocean not knowing what you are going to find, running into enemy ships and towers you can raid, searching for treasure, discovering new islands... I just love the adventure of it all. And the overworld was the largest of any zelda game by far. No other game has ever captured that sense of exploring the open ocean like Wind Waker. Plus, if you didn't like the sailing, you could teleport later in the game. I personally prefer sailing to teleporting, though. :D

This. The Great Sea is the best thing that ever happened to the series. The only other game that even comes close to matching that overwhelming feeling of freedom and exploration is the first one.

Meta-Rift

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

231. Posted:

I guess I'm a bit less about the actual exploration(depending) and more about the Dungeons, in WW's case that is....I just couldn't bare the sailing, and the music.....Eek! It just didn't do it for at all. I don't really have that much to add as my memories aren't too strong with WW to be fair, but again it didn't fancy my mondo funny bone. :p

Anyways, Dungeon 7 in Link's Awakening is the ultimate in trickyness....I must admit, I'm not enjoying this Dungeon that much compared to the others. :p I'm just not a fan of the 4 squared layout and the emphasis on the Ground cubes. And again, the experience has been wonderful so far, but i feel like I'm beginning to get a little careless considering I have too many hearts/life. In the beginning i was enjoying the experience a bit more because you didn't have that much hearts and you were totaly careful and precise with your attacks, blocking and the like. Now, not so much. :p

That's the only beef i have with the game, Nintendo got too smoochie with the heart system making the experience gradually easier as you progress and defeat the bosses in the sense that Link is now strongergh. I wish I had half the amounts of hearts that i do now, since it would make everything far more intense. I don't care how amazing a game is, when things get too easy it begins to irk me. BUt luckily, Zelda's real challenge comes in 'thinking' where to go next, what to do and yadah yadah, and it can definitly be tricky as hell....And Dungeon 7 is a fine example.

Edited on by WaveBoy

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

232. Posted:

Sweet holy Bat man jeebs! Dungeon 7 is making my brain bleed Ganon goobers.lol
It's hilarious how when you get stuck on certain things that may seem a tad brain boggling, yet you then realise how easy they actually were if you actually looked close enough. Getting that ORB to those 4 pillers gave me quite the trouble, especially one part where i completely forgot that you're supposed to throw it over the tiny ledge...I was stuck on that part for over 20 minutes. :p

Now I'm trying to figure out how I'm I'm supposed to get on the top ledge to get those 2 treasure chests. The Golden Owl's little crafty hint isn't clickin' with me.

Dungeon 7 is a pain, it makes you work your galactic butt off. :p

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

233. Posted:

So how far are your guys exactly in LA DX? And I can't wait to get my hands on OOT 3D, i'll be late in the game as always practically talking to myself in the 'oh so dead'(by that time) OOT 3D thread.lol

But I'll be playing ALTTP before i even get to OOT 3D. :p The thread will start poofing out cob webs out of my computer screen.lol

Edited on by WaveBoy

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

234. Posted:

Oh how I hate the Eagle Tower, I finally made it to the boss while cluelessly tryig to figure out how to get those 2 treasure chests on those indoor ledges, which i still couldn't figure out....And as for the boss, i can't seem to take him down no matter how many times I hit him. There must be a trick involved...

But man, never has a dungeon in this game irritated me so much. eek!

AuthorMessage

Kid_A

235. Posted:

SamuraiShyGuy wrote:

You are my new best friend.

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

236. Posted:

Now on the 8th Dungeon Turtle Tower And I'm loving it so far. A Nice change compared Dungeon 7 the Eagle Tower which irritated me to no end. I still couldn't find out how to get those 2 chests at the top ledges near the end of the corners of the upper walls...:p

I'm guessing I'll probably have this one finished up by tomorrow or the next day. B-)

AuthorMessage

GeminiSaint

237. Posted:

To get those chests you have to drop from above. That is, you have to go to the floor above (use the map) and intentionally fall down a hole in the rooms directly above the ones with the chests.

So, did you guys find the Color Dungeon yet? If you haven't, check the book at the top of the shelf in Mabe Village's library for a clue...

GeminiSaint

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

238. Posted:

GeminiSaint wrote:

To get those chests you have to drop from above. That is, you have to go to the floor above (use the map) and intentionally fall down a hole in the rooms directly above the ones with the chests.

So, did you guys find the Color Dungeon yet? If you haven't, check the book at the top of the shelf in Mabe Village's library for a clue...

Thanks for the tip, I would of never figured that out unless by a fluke. :p
Also can you hit up the color dungeon after you've finished Dungeon 8? which i'm assuming is the final dungeon? I'm already half way through the turtle tower, but now I'm thinking about leaving it for now, and picking up those 2 chests in the Eagle Tower and trying to figure out where the Color Dungeon is.

I'd rather do all of that after Dungeon 8 though, and I'm guessing you can....well can you? :p

AuthorMessage

Aviator

239. Posted:

As soon as you get the boots you can do the colour dungeon.

tunics ahoy

[strong]When you touch me I die,
just a little inside,
I wonder if
this could be love.[/strong]
PSN: naviator_9

AuthorMessage

Link79

240. Posted:

@ Aviator
Why would you need the boots to do the color dungeon?
It's in the graveyard. Just push the tombstones in a certain order.
You're probably thinking of that room in the main village with the Ocarina.
Boots are required for that but not the color dungeon.

3DS Friend code 4038-6006-7917
Wii Friend code 3553-5293-8702-0039
Smash Bros. Brawl 0001-3032-2653
Mario vs DK: Minis March Again 3310-6435-2823
Wii and 3DS ID Link