Forums

Topic: Link's Awakening Available Now on eShop

Posts 221 to 240 of 263

Aviator

As soon as you get the boots you can do the colour dungeon.

tunics ahoy

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

Link79

@ Aviator
Why would you need the boots to do the color dungeon?
It's in the graveyard. Just push the tombstones in a certain order.
You're probably thinking of that room in the main village with the Ocarina.
Boots are required for that but not the color dungeon.

3DS Friend code 4038-6006-7917
Wii Friend code 3553-5293-8702-0039
Smash Bros. Brawl 0001-3032-2653
Mario vs DK: Minis March Again 3310-6435-2823
Wii and 3DS ID Link

GeminiSaint

Link79 wrote:

@ Aviator
Why would you need the boots to do the color dungeon?
It's in the graveyard. Just push the tombstones in a certain order.
You're probably thinking of that room in the main village with the Ocarina.
Boots are required for that but not the color dungeon.

The boots are needed to knock down the book in Mabe Village's library that contains the sequence that opens the entrance to the Color Dungeon. Of course, if you already know the sequence, you can enter the Color Dungeon as soon as you have access to the graveyard (but you still have to be alone to get in).

GeminiSaint

Link79

@ Geminisaint
Oh that's right. I forgot about the book. Seems like everytime I've played the game the sequence of those tombstones never changed. I hardly ever needed the book since I had the order memorized.

3DS Friend code 4038-6006-7917
Wii Friend code 3553-5293-8702-0039
Smash Bros. Brawl 0001-3032-2653
Mario vs DK: Minis March Again 3310-6435-2823
Wii and 3DS ID Link

SamuraiShyGuy

Kid_A wrote:

SamuraiShyGuy wrote:

I LOVED the sailing. Wind Waker is the most exploration driven Zelda game because of this. Setting out on the open ocean not knowing what you are going to find, running into enemy ships and towers you can raid, searching for treasure, discovering new islands... I just love the adventure of it all. And the overworld was the largest of any zelda game by far. No other game has ever captured that sense of exploring the open ocean like Wind Waker. Plus, if you didn't like the sailing, you could teleport later in the game. I personally prefer sailing to teleporting, though.

You are my new best friend.

Yay, a new friend! :b Btw, might you be a fan of Radiohead?

3DS: 0173-1626-4750
Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
Check out my Colors!3D gallery!

SamuraiShyGuy

^ I don't know man. A stiff challenge isn't everything in a game. I thoroughly enjoyed Kirby's Epic Yarn, and you couldn't even die in that game. If a game is fun, it's fun. I do understand what you are saying, but I always thought that this game was more of a challenge to your brain than reflexes. That goes for pretty much all Zelda games. You never hear of someone getting stuck on a boss they can't beat. It's almost always someone getting stuck on not knowing where to go or what to do.

Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

GeminiSaint

Wait for the Oracle games. They are certainly more challenging than Link's Awakening.

GeminiSaint

SamuraiShyGuy

I was thinking about picking up the Oracle games at Slackers, but if they will be released on the eShop, I'd rather wait. I wish Nintendo would give us some hint as to what's coming next.

Tare

What do I do after I get the chain chomp and give the kid a Yoshi doll? I can't seem to go anywhere.
Also, is buying a shovel worth it, or do I find it later on?

Thaaaaaanks for noticin' me.

onsokumaru

Tare wrote:

What do I do after I get the chain chomp and give the kid a Yoshi doll? I can't seem to go anywhere.

Go to coordinate: E:3 (Goponga Swamp), the chomp will eat the flowers and let you get into the second dungeon. The shovel is used to find buried seashells and is used to get the key for the third dungeon.

Edited on by onsokumaru

3DS FC: 4682-8548-5563
http://passid.ca/0ns0ku
http://www.share3ds.com/tags/dead-or-alive-dimensions

3DS Friend Code: 4682-8548-5563

onsokumaru

lockelocke wrote:

"Zelda" activated the 2nd quest in the original Legend of Zelda, I wasn't aware that it did anything on Link's Awakening. In fact, I just wiki'd it and I don't think it does.

In this game if you put ZELDA as your filename it only plays a secret song at the file menu.

Mr_DSi

@WaveBoy I believe there's 26 secret seashells throughout the whole game. You can go to the seashell mansion when you have 5 and 10 (no more, no less! Remember that!) and get seashells numbers 6 and 11. After getting 20 I think, you get the level 2 sword which shoots beams when you have full health and also deals double the damage.

Edited on by Mr_DSi

3DS: 3437-3059-8846
http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/lalalandtaco

Tare

onsokumaru wrote:

Tare wrote:

Go to coordinate: E:3 (Goponga Swamp), the chomp will eat the flowers and let you get into the second dungeon. The shovel is used to find buried seashells and is used to get the key for the third dungeon.

I know but I come to a locked door and a door that won't open, with two white...containers or something in the middle of the room.

TeeJay

I just got this game and I'm already stuck... I got into the Mysterious forest, and from what I can figure out, in order to get rid of that raccoon that keeps getting you lost, you need to make a powder at the witch's house by giving her a toadstool. But...I CAN'T FIND THE TOADSTOOL! This is frustrating. I can't roam very far either because everything seems to be too heavy for me to lift "with your bare hands".

Edited on by TeeJay

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

TeeJay

Heh, never mind. I didn't know you could push those rocks in that cave...I guess I thought I couldn't becase I touched the skull next to the rock and it said I couldn't lift it, so I thought it was the rocks the game was referring to.

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

onsokumaru

Tare wrote:

onsokumaru wrote:

Tare wrote:

I know but I come to a locked door and a door that won't open, with two white...containers or something in the middle of the room.

Use the magic powder on the containers to turn the lights on, then the right door will open.

Tare

onsokumaru wrote:

Tare wrote:

onsokumaru wrote:

Tare wrote:

Use the magic powder on the containers to turn the lights on, then the right door will open.

I was really afraid of that, I'm all out. I suppose I just need the toadstool again?

Geonjaha

£5.40 may be a lot for a VC game, but it's the best one on offer atm. As for the game, I've finished it now and I'd like to ask some questions >:3

1) Is there anything you can do after it says "The Development Team would like to thank you for playing"? (I created a restore point before fighting the last boss so I can still play my finished file - I'm just wondering if theres anything else to do to continue.

2) Why no Oracle games yet Nintendo?

I hadn't played this Zelda game before, but despite some bad flaws (the THIEF treatment is a bit too harsh for a Zelda game, and touching rocks without the correct item means so much text to always click through) I can see why people like it. My favourite Zelda game is still Minish Cap, but I've always enjoyed the 2D Zelda games more, and this one is near the top for me.

Edited on by Geonjaha

Geonjaha

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6645-7215

Geonjaha

Seems like everyone has forgotten about Link's Awakening already :/
Anyone find much replay value in it?
Thinking whether or not I should restart seeing as Nintendo arent planning on any more GBC releases anytime soon.

Edited on by Geonjaha

Geonjaha

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6645-7215

shingi_70

I'm Playing through it for the first time. All I can say what OOT is for 3D zelda, Links Awakening is to the 2D games. Just got done with the third boss (was shockingly easy) and now going to be get anglers key.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.