Forums

Topic: Link's Awakening Available Now on eShop

Posts 201 to 220 of 263

SamuraiShyGuy

Well, I'm gonna start playing my original LA DX copy after I finish Chrono Trigger. It's just me and you pal.

3DS: 0173-1626-4750
Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
Check out my Colors!3D gallery!

lockelocke

haha, I'm still in the middle of Link's Awakening. I took a break for OoT3D, but I'm down to be part of the discussion! I think I'm in the 4th or 5th dungeon... I'll open it up later today and see what's what.

This is easily one of my more favorite Zelda games, although it is pretty hard to pick in choose in a franchise with so many excellent entries. ALttP is my absolute favorite hands down, and Link's Awakening is somewhat a spiritual successor. Plus the items that were added for Link's Awakening, like the Roc's Feather, are really cool and novel, and a lot of them never appeared again. I also love seeing the evolution of the ocarina throughout the games, with Link's Awakening's ocarina being able to play 3 different songs.

i_am_error
3DS FC: 5198 - 2459 - 3589
backlockelockery

GreatManaTree

I am on chapter 4....Link to the Past is my fav Zelda....maybe the best game of all time....Link's Awakening is indeed similar to it, but a lil how do i say,....It's still enjoyable, but with a walktrough.....i just can't be bothered to solve clues for 80 hours, if you know what i mean....It gives me a break from OoT 3d.....

I want to collect and finish all Zelda games....that's one of my goals in this life!

Edited on by GreatManaTree

GreatManaTree

SamuraiShyGuy

WaveBoy wrote:

SamuraiShyGuy wrote:

Well, I'm gonna start playing my original LA DX copy after I finish Chrono Trigger. It's just me and you pal.

Dude, I love your name, all you need is a Shy Guy decked out in medieval times Sumarai Gear and you're good to go.
Anyways, ya it really does just seem like it's you and me now.lol As for me, I currently just finished up the 3rd Dungeon and i must it admit it had me stumped for a while. The use of item combinations and dungeon layout and so fourth are just brilliant in this game. I can't get enough of it.

The original LOZ pales in comparison on every front, Although I still feel that the original LOZ has the greatest Dungeon Tune, which hits all the rights notes as it's very spooky, gloomy and atmospheric on top of it all. My only complaint is that the difficulty could be a bit higher. Even IF you die in a dungeon, you come back alive with everything that you already had done, except you start in the beginning room. Big Whoop, so there's no real punishment, which can destroy the intensity and sense of reward with it all. The reward however comes in based on finding what item, or where to go or just what to do in general when you're stumped after a while.

If I had it my way, once you die in a dungeon you should have to repeat it all over again....Then again, that may seem a bit harsh...Maybe having 2 lives would make up for that.

Thanks. I can't find a good pic that depicts the essence of a samurai shy guy, so I just left my pic blank. Anyways, back in the day, when I was playing my first two zelda games, Link's Awakening and Ocarina, I beat Ocarina but never beat LA. I really look forward to beating it this time, now that I'm a more experienced gamer.

I never beat the original Zelda because there was this room filled with stuff that needed to be killed with bombs. I ran out of bombs, didn't know where to find more bombs, then quit. I need to beat every zelda game. The only zelda game I've never played are the Oracle games. The Philips CDi games don't count. ;D

Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

SamuraiShyGuy

Advice taken. Hey, I like it better already.

But yeah, I don't know too much about the oracle titles. One cool thing I did hear is that Seasons is more action oriented and Ages is more puzzle oriented. Nintendo Power slightly prefers Seasons.

turtlelink

A water one. I think I need the hookshot or something but I can't find it. I'll look for it after I beat OoT 3D.

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

sam322

i own this game and it's a great game.
But in a few parts of the game, i use a guide for a little while (i only read the first few sentences in the part that i'm stuck in and i do the rest), and some parts (maybe most of the times) i do it all myself so overall, the game is quite intense but still fun and i definately enjoy its story

If there is a broil between 3DS and PS VITA, then GO 3DS!!!
My e-mail: [email protected]
youtube aCCOUNT: Sams3dsReviews
3ds friend code:352...

How long is the gameplay in this one for someone who's never played a Zelda game or RPG before - is the game easy for a newcomer to the genre? Thanks.

sam322

@csmobit no, not that easy for a newcomer (i'm a newcomer to this game), i even use a guide only a few times and the rest i do it on my own

Panduh

This was mentioned earlier, but what exactly does it do to change your file name to "Zelda"? Does it make the enemies harder or something? I just beat the game but I want to keep on playing it and I'm looking for more of a challenge

Currently Playing: Pikmin 3 and Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
Recently Beat: Wind Waker HD, Mario 3D World, and A Link between Worlds

3DS Friend Code: 3394-3590-1909 | Nintendo Network ID: androidcall

TeeJay

Can't wait to get this game! I just got the money to buy a Nintendo eShop card!

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

lockelocke

"Zelda" activated the 2nd quest in the original Legend of Zelda, I wasn't aware that it did anything on Link's Awakening. In fact, I just wiki'd it and I don't think it does.

i_am_error
3DS FC: 5198 - 2459 - 3589
backlockelockery

Retro_on_theGo

WaveBoy wrote:

turtlelink wrote:

A water one. I think I need the hookshot or something but I can't find it. I'll look for it after I beat OoT 3D.

The hook Shot is in the 5th Dungeon, which i just finished up last night. yay me.
Now I need 200 more Rupies. SPOILERS So I can get Wart(from Super Mario Bros 2) and his frog buddies to sing me a song.lol I can't believe Nintendo stuck 'Wart' in a Zelda game...I couldn't believe it when i first saw him. as if the SMB baddies weren't enough haha. Awesomes stuff!

There's a bunch of Mario references. There's a bunch of Nintendo references in general. Why, in one level SPOILER Kirby shows up as a little bad guy.

sam322 wrote:

@csmobit no, not that easy for a newcomer (i'm a newcomer to this game), i even use a guide only a few times and the rest i do it on my own

Thanks.

SamuraiShyGuy

Sorry WaveBoy, but I still haven't started this game yet. Chrono Trigger is taking me longer than I thought. And now I have 3D Pixel Racing slowing me down as well. By the time I start LA you will probably be finished. But the first time I played LA, I think I got stuck at the point you are at now. I was pretty far into the game and there was a dungeon that I just couldn't find the key for.

That just got me thinking: Is LA the only Zelda where you need keys to unlock the dungeons? Oh and WaveBoy, Wind Waker is one of the best Zelda games. That game makes me wanna cry it's so good.

sam322

@TeeJay go for it bro it is a legend!

SamuraiShyGuy

I LOVED the sailing. Wind Waker is the most exploration driven Zelda game because of this. Setting out on the open ocean not knowing what you are going to find, running into enemy ships and towers you can raid, searching for treasure, discovering new islands... I just love the adventure of it all. And the overworld was the largest of any zelda game by far. No other game has ever captured that sense of exploring the open ocean like Wind Waker. Plus, if you didn't like the sailing, you could teleport later in the game. I personally prefer sailing to teleporting, though.

Meta-Rift

SamuraiShyGuy wrote:

I LOVED the sailing. Wind Waker is the most exploration driven Zelda game because of this. Setting out on the open ocean not knowing what you are going to find, running into enemy ships and towers you can raid, searching for treasure, discovering new islands... I just love the adventure of it all. And the overworld was the largest of any zelda game by far. No other game has ever captured that sense of exploring the open ocean like Wind Waker. Plus, if you didn't like the sailing, you could teleport later in the game. I personally prefer sailing to teleporting, though.

This. The Great Sea is the best thing that ever happened to the series. The only other game that even comes close to matching that overwhelming feeling of freedom and exploration is the first one.

Meta-Rift

Kid_A

SamuraiShyGuy wrote:

You are my new best friend.

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

GeminiSaint

To get those chests you have to drop from above. That is, you have to go to the floor above (use the map) and intentionally fall down a hole in the rooms directly above the ones with the chests.

So, did you guys find the Color Dungeon yet? If you haven't, check the book at the top of the shelf in Mabe Village's library for a clue...

GeminiSaint

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.