3DS Virtual Console Forum

Topic: Harvest Moon GBC & River King GBC

Showing 121 to 140 of 151

AuthorMessage

Undead_terror

121. Posted:

longtimegamer wrote:

@Undeadterror: You need to let the fish run till they slow, [or stop. I kinda forget] then real and when they start pulling hard again let them run till they slow/stop.
It really isn't too hard when you know how. Hope that helps. :)

Thanks for tip, guess I will try again sooner or later.

I am the zombie god that controls zombie in both games and real life...FEAR ME!
Nintendo Friends website/forums I eShop Gurus I Random Game Thread I The graveyard (backloggery)
Currently owns Mario & Luigi Dream Team 3DS XL...no Wii U yet.

3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror

AuthorMessage

longtimegamer

122. Posted:

Dang you responded fast!

edit: I'm thinking about that harvest moon too.

Edited on by longtimegamer

3ds fc: 1247-0003-1095
MK Fc: 2793- 3370-8506
Wii Fc: 7382-7314-0404-2194
Fiance Wendy's MK FC:(Same system) 4854-9224-0913
Uno FC: 1849-3080-8612
Overturn FC: 3266-3672-0977
Animal Crossing CF FC: 3094-5964-6068 Name: LTGamer, town: Wiitopia.

"NO SOUP FOR YOU!" the Soup Nazi

AuthorMessage

Undead_terror

123. Posted:

longtimegamer wrote:

Dang you responded fast!

edit: I'm thinking about that harvest moon too.

I'm online for the time being so that would most likely happen :p

Nintendo Friends website/forums I eShop Gurus I Random Game Thread I The graveyard (backloggery)

AuthorMessage

Morpheel

124. Posted:

Here's a quick tip for new harvest mooners:

Don't buy a cow when you get the money, save enough to be able to buy two: name the first one starting with a heart (or another symbol) and she'll be already fully grown and giving lots of milk by the time you visit your barn.

Note, it only works of you're a boy.

If you're a girl, you start off with free seeds.

Edited on by Morpheel

Oops, no username pun.

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

AuthorMessage

Undead_terror

125. Posted:

Morphtorok wrote:

Here's a quick tip for new harvest mooners:

Don't buy a cow when you get the money, save enough to be able to buy two: name the first one starting with a heart (or another symbol) and she'll be already fully grown and giving lots of milk by the time you visit your barn.

Note, it only works of you're a boy.

If you're a girl, you start off with free seeds.

Try doing that in real life :p but thanks for the tip.

AuthorMessage

Morpheel

126. Posted:

Oh also! Unlike most other harvest moons, weeds don't regrow and new rocks and tree stumps never appear again after you clear them off your farm... So you may want to keep at least one of these things just so you don't forget how they look :P

Rocks make good soil-flatteners and alternative fences, so at least these are useful.

Oops, no username pun.

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

AuthorMessage

Magikarp3

127. Posted:

I haven't figured out a way to un-till soil, which might pose a problem if I accidentally mess up my farm. Is there any way to do so? I imagine dropping a piece of wood onto the soil would work, but that seems a little tedious.

I also dislike how the saddlebags work. It's like I'm holding a carrot, and the horse will just decide to take a step, and then my carrot shatters.

http://backloggery.com/oiiopo

always thought I'd change to Gyarados after I turned 20 but hey, this is more fitting I guess. (also somebody registered under the original Magikarp name and I can't get back to it anymore orz)

3DS Friend Code: 3952-7233-0245

AuthorMessage

Geonjaha

128. Posted:

Magikarp wrote:

I haven't figured out a way to un-till soil, which might pose a problem if I accidentally mess up my farm. Is there any way to do so? I imagine dropping a piece of wood onto the soil would work, but that seems a little tedious.

I also dislike how the saddlebags work. It's like I'm holding a carrot, and the horse will just decide to take a step, and then my carrot shatters.

Yes, the horse will occasionally move and you may lose some product, but this rarely happens - and is a small price to pay for the advantage.
As for the soil - yes, you can until it by dropping a rock or piece of wood on it.

I make Pixel Art on occasion.

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6645-7215

AuthorMessage

Donjwolf

129. Posted:

Do I lose my crops if I shove them in the bin after 5pm or do I get paid for them the next day? All other HMs I've played has me getting paid. Is it the same in this version?

Donjwolf

AuthorMessage

Morpheel

130. Posted:

The shipper picks the contents of the shipping boxes at 5PM, everything you put inside after that hour is either lost or saved for the next day. I'd have to check myself.

I think it's safe to assume it's lost, so try to ship all your crops before 5PM, watering the plants can wait.

By the way, it seems you need to restart the game before closing it if you want the timer feature to work... I wish I had known that 12 hours ago. No, you need to turn off the 3DS itself. Damn, luckily it's only 2 tools that need that. No! After re-reading the (rather nice and pretty complete) manual of the game, you need to close the game by using the power button instead of putting it to sleep with the home button. Much better.

Edited on by Morpheel

Oops, no username pun.

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

AuthorMessage

Donjwolf

131. Posted:

My potato has gone the way of the dinosaur then. At least I didn't shove in my remaining potatoes afterwards. That Timer trick confused me a lot but I got it to work. I have a super hoe and a super sickle now. I wasn't expecting my hoe to be -this- good after one upgrade, unless of course, it was the only upgrade. Is there any other upgrades after?

Edited on by Donjwolf

Donjwolf

AuthorMessage

Geonjaha

132. Posted:

Donjwolf wrote:

My potato has gone the way of the dinosaur then. At least I didn't shove in my remaining potatoes afterwards. That Timer trick confused me a lot but I got it to work. I have a super hoe and a super sickle now. I wasn't expecting my hoe to be -this- good after one upgrade, unless of course, it was the only upgrade. Is there any other upgrades after?

Nope. One upgrade per tool. (Gold-ifying)

AuthorMessage

Morpheel

133. Posted:

Yup, only one awesome update per tool.

Wanna know something nice?
My usual harvest moon birthday is spring 28 (real life birthday is a 28th in a spring month [may]), this game celebrates that day with a picnic. How nice of them :D

Oops, no username pun.

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

AuthorMessage

Donjwolf

134. Posted:

Hee hee neat. Problem though. My foal is still a foal and it's almost Fall!! Is my game glitched? I heard it's supposed to grow up in Spring or Summer.

Edited on by Donjwolf

Donjwolf

AuthorMessage

Geonjaha

135. Posted:

Donjwolf wrote:

Hee hee neat. Problem though. My foal is still a foal and it's almost Fall!! Is my game glitched? I heard it's supposed to grow up in Spring or Summer.

You sure it hasn't grown up and you just haven't noticed?

AuthorMessage

Magikarp3

136. Posted:

Donjwolf wrote:

I think you need to brush it really often for it to grow up. If you don't brush, it'll stay a foal forever

http://backloggery.com/oiiopo

always thought I'd change to Gyarados after I turned 20 but hey, this is more fitting I guess. (also somebody registered under the original Magikarp name and I can't get back to it anymore orz)

3DS Friend Code: 3952-7233-0245

AuthorMessage

Geonjaha

137. Posted:

Magikarp wrote:

Donjwolf wrote:

I think you need to brush it really often for it to grow up. If you don't brush, it'll stay a foal forever

Nah, that's not it. You never need to brush the horse in this game, and it doesn't have any feelings towards you (love/hate as it were). It's more of a robot horse.

AuthorMessage

Donjwolf

138. Posted:

Yes, the guides all say you don't do anything with the horse. It's definitely not grown up. It's tiny still and I can't ride it. Here's the thing. Without saving the game, I did once go to bed repeatedly to see what crops showed up in winter, and the horse actually did grow up then, but when I played the game for real, the horse didn't! I dunno what's wrong.

If the horse never grows, then I dunno how I'll survive when I start planting more seeds further and further away from the shipping bin : /
I don't really wanna start over too, but what if the horse still doesn't grow if I do? :(

I think I no longer have a choice and have to start over :(

Edited on by Donjwolf

Donjwolf

AuthorMessage

Morpheel

139. Posted:

Are you sure you don't simply need to buy the saddle from Ann?

Oops, no username pun.

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

AuthorMessage

Donjwolf

140. Posted:

Noooooo she doesn't sell the saddlebags until the horse grows, but it never does so she never sells it. You don't need to saddlebags in order to ride the horse. I know 'cause I did it myself when I was testing the game before playing it for real. I really think my game is glitched since you all seem to be shocked that my horse hasn't grown yet. I'm already in Fall 5th and still no sign of it growing. Bah! I already have lots of money, all golden tools, 4 chickens and 2 cows, and I have to give it all up just because my stupid horse hasn't grown :`(

Edited on by Donjwolf

Donjwolf