Forums

Topic: Harvest Moon GBC & River King GBC

Posts 121 to 140 of 145

Magikarp3

I haven't figured out a way to un-till soil, which might pose a problem if I accidentally mess up my farm. Is there any way to do so? I imagine dropping a piece of wood onto the soil would work, but that seems a little tedious.

I also dislike how the saddlebags work. It's like I'm holding a carrot, and the horse will just decide to take a step, and then my carrot shatters.

http://backloggery.com/oiiopo

always thought I'd change to Gyarados after I turned 20 but hey, this is more fitting I guess. (also somebody registered under the original Magikarp name and I can't get back to it anymore orz)

3DS Friend Code: 3952-7233-0245

Geonjaha

Magikarp wrote:

I haven't figured out a way to un-till soil, which might pose a problem if I accidentally mess up my farm. Is there any way to do so? I imagine dropping a piece of wood onto the soil would work, but that seems a little tedious.

I also dislike how the saddlebags work. It's like I'm holding a carrot, and the horse will just decide to take a step, and then my carrot shatters.

Yes, the horse will occasionally move and you may lose some product, but this rarely happens - and is a small price to pay for the advantage.
As for the soil - yes, you can until it by dropping a rock or piece of wood on it.

Geonjaha

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6645-7215

Freelance

Do I lose my crops if I shove them in the bin after 5pm or do I get paid for them the next day? All other HMs I've played has me getting paid. Is it the same in this version?

Freelance

Eel

The shipper picks the contents of the shipping boxes at 5PM, everything you put inside after that hour is either lost or saved for the next day. I'd have to check myself.

I think it's safe to assume it's lost, so try to ship all your crops before 5PM, watering the plants can wait.

By the way, it seems you need to restart the game before closing it if you want the timer feature to work... I wish I had known that 12 hours ago. No, you need to turn off the 3DS itself. Damn, luckily it's only 2 tools that need that. No! After re-reading the (rather nice and pretty complete) manual of the game, you need to close the game by using the power button instead of putting it to sleep with the home button. Much better.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Freelance

My potato has gone the way of the dinosaur then. At least I didn't shove in my remaining potatoes afterwards. That Timer trick confused me a lot but I got it to work. I have a super hoe and a super sickle now. I wasn't expecting my hoe to be -this- good after one upgrade, unless of course, it was the only upgrade. Is there any other upgrades after?

Edited on by Freelance

Freelance

Geonjaha

Donjwolf wrote:

My potato has gone the way of the dinosaur then. At least I didn't shove in my remaining potatoes afterwards. That Timer trick confused me a lot but I got it to work. I have a super hoe and a super sickle now. I wasn't expecting my hoe to be -this- good after one upgrade, unless of course, it was the only upgrade. Is there any other upgrades after?

Nope. One upgrade per tool. (Gold-ifying)

Geonjaha

Eel

Yup, only one awesome update per tool.

Wanna know something nice?
My usual harvest moon birthday is spring 28 (real life birthday is a 28th in a spring month [may]), this game celebrates that day with a picnic. How nice of them

Bloop.

Freelance

Hee hee neat. Problem though. My foal is still a foal and it's almost Fall!! Is my game glitched? I heard it's supposed to grow up in Spring or Summer.

Edited on by Freelance

Freelance

Geonjaha

Donjwolf wrote:

Hee hee neat. Problem though. My foal is still a foal and it's almost Fall!! Is my game glitched? I heard it's supposed to grow up in Spring or Summer.

You sure it hasn't grown up and you just haven't noticed?

Geonjaha

Magikarp3

Donjwolf wrote:

I think you need to brush it really often for it to grow up. If you don't brush, it'll stay a foal forever

http://backloggery.com/oiiopo

always thought I'd change to Gyarados after I turned 20 but hey, this is more fitting I guess. (also somebody registered under the original Magikarp name and I can't get back to it anymore orz)

3DS Friend Code: 3952-7233-0245

Geonjaha

Magikarp wrote:

Donjwolf wrote:

I think you need to brush it really often for it to grow up. If you don't brush, it'll stay a foal forever

Nah, that's not it. You never need to brush the horse in this game, and it doesn't have any feelings towards you (love/hate as it were). It's more of a robot horse.

Geonjaha

Freelance

Yes, the guides all say you don't do anything with the horse. It's definitely not grown up. It's tiny still and I can't ride it. Here's the thing. Without saving the game, I did once go to bed repeatedly to see what crops showed up in winter, and the horse actually did grow up then, but when I played the game for real, the horse didn't! I dunno what's wrong.

If the horse never grows, then I dunno how I'll survive when I start planting more seeds further and further away from the shipping bin : /
I don't really wanna start over too, but what if the horse still doesn't grow if I do?

I think I no longer have a choice and have to start over

Edited on by Freelance

Freelance

Freelance

Noooooo she doesn't sell the saddlebags until the horse grows, but it never does so she never sells it. You don't need to saddlebags in order to ride the horse. I know 'cause I did it myself when I was testing the game before playing it for real. I really think my game is glitched since you all seem to be shocked that my horse hasn't grown yet. I'm already in Fall 5th and still no sign of it growing. Bah! I already have lots of money, all golden tools, 4 chickens and 2 cows, and I have to give it all up just because my stupid horse hasn't grown :`(

Edited on by Freelance

Freelance

Eel

Don't worry, it'll grow up eventually. These are just things that happen, maybe you repolaced the growing up sequence with something else. Just wait another month.

Why don't you save your current game in a save state and sleep several days just to see if the horse will grow up in your file, then load back your game and play it properly?

Bloop.

Geonjaha

I don't know what to say. I've never heard of this happening before. The only thing I can think of is that maybe the horse doesn't grow if you've left the timer on? In the time from when you got the horse to now how much time did you leave the timer on for?

Geonjaha

Freelance

I already tried that; saving in a save state and playing it normally for a few days. Still no sign of a horse growing. I guess I could keep playing til Winter and see if anything happens.

I only left the timer on to get my golden hoe and sickle, which took 4 hours.

Edited on by Freelance

Freelance

Eel

wait four hours?

Isn't the sickle supposed to take 12 hours and the hoe 24?

I just checked and my "24 hours" hoe is ready after only 12 hours.

What's up with this game o.o Oh well, that's actually a good thing, I don't need to use the timer ever again, yay!

Oh wow, I just had a hurricane followed by an earthquake. Talk about unlucky towns.

Edit: My horse just grew up in the 10th of summer, as it's supposed to do. Maybe you need to wait until the next 10th of summer?

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Freelance

My birthday is on the 10th of Summer...but anyway, I created a restore point and went to bed til Summer 10 year 2 and.....horse is still not grown. Yup, I must've got some glitch. I have no choice now but to start over, and I hope it actually grows up this time

All my work is gone
I'm thinking maybe I chose to put the timer on too close to the day the horse was supposed to grow and it somehow 'skipped' over the day perhaps and thus my horse never grows. This time I'm going to have them take my sickle/hoe sooner, and then speed up days and see if horse grows.

P.S. You can set the Timer 'slow' or 'fast.' I guess if you choose 'slow,' it really does take 12/24 hours. I chose 'fast.'

Edited on by Freelance

Freelance

Freelance

OMG. Sorry for the doublepost, but you guys won't believe this!!! I started a new game and went all the way to the end of Spring before I made a restore point. After I made the restore point, I went to bed as soon as I wake up and fast forward to the 10th of summer. The earthquake came and stuff and yes, the horse did grow up this time on the 10th. Yay! So I loaded up my restore point and played through. It was getting closer to the 10th but the earthquake never came!!! It came sooner when I did the bed thing, so I didn't know why it didn't appear this time. I thought oh well, since I'd lose out on the axe and I'd rather have the adult horse. However, I then remembered if I don't get the EQ, I can't win the game as I can't get to the last power berries. I then went to bed a few times to see if the EQ comes later. Anyway, the EQ DID come...on the 10th of summer!!! WTF, and NO, the horse this time DID NOT GROW UP. I went ahead a few days after that and nope, the horse is still the same!! I dunno why this keeps happening to me. I think either going to bed repeatedly or creating a restore point is messing up my games. A walkthrough I was reading said the EQ only comes from the 1st to the 5th, so I dunno why it had to come on the same day the horse is supposed to grow up. Now I have to START OVER AGAIN!!! This is getting very annoying >_>

I'm not going to create restore points or go to bed repeatedly this time. I'll let you know the results.

Edited on by Freelance

Freelance

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.