3DS Virtual Console Forum

Topic: Harvest Moon GBC & River King GBC

Showing 101 to 120 of 151

AuthorMessage

RR529

101. Posted:

I just love the large variety of fish in the game (so expansive for a GBC game), and I get a kick out of it whenever I run into something more eccentric, like an eel.

Any tips on how to catch shrimp? Darn things pull hard & go long, simply don't tire out, and keep on taking my lures :/

Currently Playing:

Godzilla: Smash 3 (AND)
Summoners War: Sky Arena (AND)
Salvo Saga (AND)

AuthorMessage

Magikarp3

102. Posted:

When catching shrimp, try to hook it with your lure as high up as you can. Also, I've noticed this for every fish - if you let go of the A button before the fish stops entirely and changes sprites, it will move upward to the left a little instead of downward, meaning less distance you have to reel back.

http://backloggery.com/oiiopo

always thought I'd change to Gyarados after I turned 20 but hey, this is more fitting I guess. (also somebody registered under the original Magikarp name and I can't get back to it anymore orz)

3DS Friend Code: 3952-7233-0245

AuthorMessage

RR529

103. Posted:

I just figured out a trick when it comes to catching fish with lures.

No matter the lure, the fish will only bite if you keep it centered in the same location (that's what it says in the manual, anyhow), and if you just hold down 'B', your lure will stay steady at the very top of the screen, and the fish will bite every single time (even better because they're biting at the very top of the screen).

Currently Playing:

Salvo Saga (AND)

AuthorMessage

RR529

104. Posted:

Well, I'm finally all ready to catch the Guardian. Going to try and catch every type of fish first (I've only caught 25 or 26 types, out of 40, so far).

Currently Playing:

Salvo Saga (AND)

AuthorMessage

RR529

105. Posted:

Finally caught all 40 types! Now off to catch the Guardian!

Currently Playing:

Salvo Saga (AND)

AuthorMessage

RR529

106. Posted:

Okay, there are more than 40 types of fish here. I just caught my 41st type (not counting the Guardian).

Currently Playing:

Salvo Saga (AND)

AuthorMessage

Magikarp3

107. Posted:

@RR529 Whaaaaat?

Maybe the GBC version is the Deluxe, because iirc the original River King was on Gameboy. I actually assumed the total was 40, including the Guardian, since I couldn't find any other fish after looking everywhere.

http://backloggery.com/oiiopo

always thought I'd change to Gyarados after I turned 20 but hey, this is more fitting I guess. (also somebody registered under the original Magikarp name and I can't get back to it anymore orz)

3DS Friend Code: 3952-7233-0245

AuthorMessage

RR529

108. Posted:

Magikarp wrote:

@RR529 Whaaaaat?

Maybe the GBC version is the Deluxe, because iirc the original River King was on Gameboy. I actually assumed the total was 40, including the Guardian, since I couldn't find any other fish after looking everywhere.

Yeah, after catching the Guardian & being sent back to your house, I went out to fish, & caught a Blowfish (with a small hook & red larvae).

I was surprised, because it wasn't one of the 40 fish listed in the manual.

EDIT: Just looked up a walkthrough, and apparently the GBC version has 48 fish (over the GB version's 40).

Edited on by RR529

Currently Playing:

Salvo Saga (AND)

AuthorMessage

Barbiegurl777

109. Posted:

Is harvest moon GBC coming out this week? Thought it was suppose to come out at the end of april. This is the last week in april.

Happy Gaming! (^_^)

Edited on by Barbiegurl777

Matthew 5:1-12 The Beatitudes (NIV)
Rugrats777 Blog - Discontinued
Colors 3D! My Gallery
MoshiMe: ymmas626
Miiverse: barbiegurl777
Style Savvy Shop Code: B49V44Y38
My Dream Code: 5600-2112-8544
My 3DS Name: Rugrats777

3DS Friend Code: 3480-2549-1588 | Nintendo Network ID: barbiegurl777 | Twitter: rugrats777

AuthorMessage

Morpheel

110. Posted:

Barbiegurl777 wrote:

Is harvest moon GBC coming out this week? Thought it was suppose to come out at the end of april. This is the last week in april.

Happy Gaming! (^_^)

Hopefully... We got a harvest moon last week too, so anything could happen.

Oops, no username pun.

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

AuthorMessage

Barbiegurl777

111. Posted:

@Morphtorok

I thought they were talking about the GBC version not the 3DS game. The UK already got the GBC version last month. We (US) were told we would get the GBC version at the end of april.

Happy Gaming! (^_^)

Edited on by Barbiegurl777

Colors 3D! My Gallery

3DS Friend Code: 3480-2549-1588 | Nintendo Network ID: barbiegurl777 | Twitter: rugrats777

AuthorMessage

Morpheel

112. Posted:

Yes. this thread is about the GBC game, but I mentioned the 3DS one because it's related :P

Who knows, they may push the GBC game back to let the 3DS HM have some space, or they could put the game up this week to continue with the Harvest Moon "wave".

Oops, no username pun.

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

AuthorMessage

Barbiegurl777

113. Posted:

I like the older harvest moon games actually better than the new ones. So kinda hoping it comes out sooner than later. I've seen stuff in the ds & 3ds version's of harvest moon & for me it's turn off as opposed to the gbc versions. Maybe I'm old school I don't know I just like the older harvest moon games. The ones for ds & 3ds I'm not bothering with. Seen enough of both online through video's, review's, etc. Sorry...

Happy Gaming! (^_^)

Colors 3D! My Gallery

AuthorMessage

Geonjaha

114. Posted:

Barbiegurl777 wrote:

I like the older harvest moon games actually better than the new ones. So kinda hoping it comes out sooner than later. I've seen stuff in the ds & 3ds version's of harvest moon & for me it's turn off as opposed to the gbc versions. Maybe I'm old school I don't know I just like the older harvest moon games. The ones for ds & 3ds I'm not bothering with. Seen enough of both online through video's, review's, etc. Sorry...

I lost interest in the Harvest Moon franchise after I played a few of the DS ones. That said I still love the GBC/GBA ones - and I still think they have a better art style that seems to be a real weakness for the franchise at the moment; it just never looks that good.

I make Pixel Art on occasion.

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6645-7215

AuthorMessage

RR529

115. Posted:

NWR: 3/10 (Legend of the River King)

They Liked: The music

They Disliked: They said the fishing was aggrivating & lifeless, and that the RPG elements only served to get in the way and slow down an already slow game, adding nothing worthwile in return.

I must say while I respect their opinion, I wholeheartedly disagree with their view, and it's a prime example of why you musn't ever listen to just one review (in contrast, NL gave it a glowing 8/10).

Currently Playing:

Salvo Saga (AND)

AuthorMessage

Midnight3DS

116. Posted:

Haven't been able to download Harvest Moon yet. Any first impressions from fellow newcomers?

3DS Friend Code: 5129-0855-7142 ID = Midnight

AC:NL Mayor Jambo, town of Hamneggs

AuthorMessage

Undead_terror

117. Posted:

Well I got burned by legend of the river king, can't even catch one fish, but harvest moon?

I am the zombie god that controls zombie in both games and real life...FEAR ME!
Nintendo Friends website/forums I eShop Gurus I Random Game Thread I The graveyard (backloggery)
Currently owns Mario & Luigi Dream Team 3DS XL...no Wii U yet.

3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror

AuthorMessage

Midnight3DS

118. Posted:

undead_terror wrote:

Well I got burned by legend of the river king, can't even catch one fish, but harvest moon?

You too? I'm kinda finding River King to be a more pain in the rumpus than fun.

3DS Friend Code: 5129-0855-7142 ID = Midnight

AC:NL Mayor Jambo, town of Hamneggs

AuthorMessage

Undead_terror

119. Posted:

Midnight3DS wrote:

undead_terror wrote:

You too? I'm kinda finding River King to be a more pain in the rumpus than fun.

Yep, no clear instructions and can't catch at least one fish even with save states, pretty sad I wasted 5 bucks.

I am the zombie god that controls zombie in both games and real life...FEAR ME!
Nintendo Friends website/forums I eShop Gurus I Random Game Thread I The graveyard (backloggery)
Currently owns Mario & Luigi Dream Team 3DS XL...no Wii U yet.

3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror

AuthorMessage

longtimegamer

120. Posted:

@Undeadterror: You need to let the fish run till they slow, [or stop. I kinda forget] then real and when they start pulling hard again let them run till they slow/stop, then real again. Repeat as needed.
It really isn't too hard when you know how. Hope that helps. :)

Edited on by longtimegamer

3ds fc: 1247-0003-1095
MK Fc: 2793- 3370-8506
Wii Fc: 7382-7314-0404-2194
Fiance Wendy's MK FC:(Same system) 4854-9224-0913
Uno FC: 1849-3080-8612
Overturn FC: 3266-3672-0977
Animal Crossing CF FC: 3094-5964-6068 Name: LTGamer, town: Wiitopia.

"NO SOUP FOR YOU!" the Soup Nazi