Forums

Topic: Harvest Moon GBC & River King GBC

Posts 101 to 120 of 145

RR529

Well, I'm finally all ready to catch the Guardian. Going to try and catch every type of fish first (I've only caught 25 or 26 types, out of 40, so far).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

RR529

Finally caught all 40 types! Now off to catch the Guardian!

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

RR529

Okay, there are more than 40 types of fish here. I just caught my 41st type (not counting the Guardian).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

Magikarp3

@RR529 Whaaaaat?

Maybe the GBC version is the Deluxe, because iirc the original River King was on Gameboy. I actually assumed the total was 40, including the Guardian, since I couldn't find any other fish after looking everywhere.

http://backloggery.com/oiiopo

always thought I'd change to Gyarados after I turned 20 but hey, this is more fitting I guess. (also somebody registered under the original Magikarp name and I can't get back to it anymore orz)

3DS Friend Code: 3952-7233-0245

RR529

Magikarp wrote:

@RR529 Whaaaaat?

Maybe the GBC version is the Deluxe, because iirc the original River King was on Gameboy. I actually assumed the total was 40, including the Guardian, since I couldn't find any other fish after looking everywhere.

Yeah, after catching the Guardian & being sent back to your house, I went out to fish, & caught a Blowfish (with a small hook & red larvae).

I was surprised, because it wasn't one of the 40 fish listed in the manual.

EDIT: Just looked up a walkthrough, and apparently the GBC version has 48 fish (over the GB version's 40).

Edited on by RR529

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

Eel

Barbiegurl777 wrote:

Is harvest moon GBC coming out this week? Thought it was suppose to come out at the end of april. This is the last week in april.

Happy Gaming! (^_^)

Hopefully... We got a harvest moon last week too, so anything could happen.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Eel

Yes. this thread is about the GBC game, but I mentioned the 3DS one because it's related

Who knows, they may push the GBC game back to let the 3DS HM have some space, or they could put the game up this week to continue with the Harvest Moon "wave".

Bloop.

Geonjaha

Barbiegurl777 wrote:

I like the older harvest moon games actually better than the new ones. So kinda hoping it comes out sooner than later. I've seen stuff in the ds & 3ds version's of harvest moon & for me it's turn off as opposed to the gbc versions. Maybe I'm old school I don't know I just like the older harvest moon games. The ones for ds & 3ds I'm not bothering with. Seen enough of both online through video's, review's, etc. Sorry...

I lost interest in the Harvest Moon franchise after I played a few of the DS ones. That said I still love the GBC/GBA ones - and I still think they have a better art style that seems to be a real weakness for the franchise at the moment; it just never looks that good.

Geonjaha

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6645-7215

RR529

NWR: 3/10 (Legend of the River King)

They Liked: The music

They Disliked: They said the fishing was aggrivating & lifeless, and that the RPG elements only served to get in the way and slow down an already slow game, adding nothing worthwile in return.

I must say while I respect their opinion, I wholeheartedly disagree with their view, and it's a prime example of why you musn't ever listen to just one review (in contrast, NL gave it a glowing 8/10).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

Midnight3DS

Haven't been able to download Harvest Moon yet. Any first impressions from fellow newcomers?

3DS Friend Code: 5129-0855-7142 ID = Midnight

AC:NL Mayor Jambo, town of Hamneggs

Midnight3DS

undead_terror wrote:

Well I got burned by legend of the river king, can't even catch one fish, but harvest moon?

You too? I'm kinda finding River King to be a more pain in the rumpus than fun.

3DS Friend Code: 5129-0855-7142 ID = Midnight

AC:NL Mayor Jambo, town of Hamneggs

Undead_terror

Midnight3DS wrote:

undead_terror wrote:

Well I got burned by legend of the river king, can't even catch one fish, but harvest moon?

You too? I'm kinda finding River King to be a more pain in the rumpus than fun.

Yep, no clear instructions and can't catch at least one fish even with save states, pretty sad I wasted 5 bucks.

Sp00ky scary skeleton back to play games and dew other fine things indead!
The Graveyard (Backloggery) l Nintendo ID: Undead_terror

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

longtimegamer

@Undeadterror: You need to let the fish run till they slow, [or stop. I kinda forget] then real and when they start pulling hard again let them run till they slow/stop, then real again. Repeat as needed.
It really isn't too hard when you know how. Hope that helps.

Edited on by longtimegamer

3ds fc: 1247-0003-1095
MK Fc: 2793- 3370-8506
Wii Fc: 7382-7314-0404-2194
Fiance Wendy's MK FC:(Same system) 4854-9224-0913
Uno FC: 1849-3080-8612
Overturn FC: 3266-3672-0977
Animal Crossing CF FC: 3094-5964-6068 Name: LTGamer, town: Wiitopia.

"NO SOU...

Undead_terror

longtimegamer wrote:

@Undeadterror: You need to let the fish run till they slow, [or stop. I kinda forget] then real and when they start pulling hard again let them run till they slow/stop.
It really isn't too hard when you know how. Hope that helps.

Thanks for tip, guess I will try again sooner or later.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

longtimegamer

Dang you responded fast!

edit: I'm thinking about that harvest moon too.

Edited on by longtimegamer

3ds fc: 1247-0003-1095
MK Fc: 2793- 3370-8506
Wii Fc: 7382-7314-0404-2194
Fiance Wendy's MK FC:(Same system) 4854-9224-0913
Uno FC: 1849-3080-8612
Overturn FC: 3266-3672-0977
Animal Crossing CF FC: 3094-5964-6068 Name: LTGamer, town: Wiitopia.

"NO SOU...

Eel

Here's a quick tip for new harvest mooners:

Don't buy a cow when you get the money, save enough to be able to buy two: name the first one starting with a heart (or another symbol) and she'll be already fully grown and giving lots of milk by the time you visit your barn.

Note, it only works of you're a boy.

If you're a girl, you start off with free seeds.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Undead_terror

Morphtorok wrote:

Here's a quick tip for new harvest mooners:

Don't buy a cow when you get the money, save enough to be able to buy two: name the first one starting with a heart (or another symbol) and she'll be already fully grown and giving lots of milk by the time you visit your barn.

Note, it only works of you're a boy.

If you're a girl, you start off with free seeds.

Try doing that in real life but thanks for the tip.

Eel

Oh also! Unlike most other harvest moons, weeds don't regrow and new rocks and tree stumps never appear again after you clear them off your farm... So you may want to keep at least one of these things just so you don't forget how they look

Rocks make good soil-flatteners and alternative fences, so at least these are useful.

Bloop.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.