Forums

Topic: GBA Ambassador: When do you expect them to roll in?

Posts 261 to 280 of 579

shinesprite

I have a feeling that they are already finished and waiting for their release date. Corporate marketing probably doesn't want to release them before the 25th as it could interfere with sales this season.

Also, for those who weren't early adopters Nintendo stated that these games would not be "sold" in the eShop. In light of recent events, I would not be surprised if they will also become available as Club Nintendo rewards.

shinesprite

Ecto-1

tynerds37 wrote:

Ramses wrote:

Doubt it. Knowing Nintendo, as they said that they are coming this month, the Ambassador games will get delayed until January, and the February, and then cancelled.

Knowing nintendo? You do know that they kept delaying Twilight Princess but still released it after all, they also delayed a lot of other games. So they will release the GBA games, someday...

I'm sorry, but the end of that comment reminded me of an old Nickleback song that goes something like this:

Someday, somehow, they're going to make it alright, but not right now. I know your wondering when, but Nintendo's the only one who knows that.

Sorry, I had to. I do still believe the games will be out this year, and I will continue to believe so until the big N says otherwise.

Boo! I'm a ghost.
Check out my Rytmik songs on Youtube
Colors 3D Gallery

3DS Friend Code: 3566-1553-9977 | Nintendo Network ID: ECTO-1989

nerdydan

My theory is that the games will come on Thursday the fifteenth. it only seems right that they will release them on their download days (Thursday). the Thursday before and after Christmas will have way to busy servers to be releasing them. Christmas is a holiday and i doubt that big N will want to force their workers to do some big job on a major holiday. if Nintendo holds true to their word of the games being released before the end of the year the the only logical date is the fifteenth.

Well, um... I like Burgers. Not much else to say.

skells33

well, we did download the 1st part of it on a Thursday so your logic is fine.

skells33

Spoony_Tech

nerdydan wrote:

My theory is that the games will come on Thursday the fifteenth. it only seems right that they will release them on their download days (Thursday). the Thursday before and after Christmas will have way to busy servers to be releasing them. Christmas is a holiday and i doubt that big N will want to force their workers to do some big job on a major holiday. if Nintendo holds true to their word of the games being released before the end of the year the the only logical date is the fifteenth.

Your theory may in fact be correct. I talked to a Rep from Nintendo today at a best buy. I didn't even say anything about them and he offered up that they might be coming out this week on the 15th as well. He said that's what he heard but didn't offer up if he knew what the games were.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Chris720

15th sounds logical I suppose, the next two weeks are the Christmas holidays and Nintendo will probably let off their workers to be with their families rather than be bogged down with releasing the GBA games.

However, could this mean the other update is coming out this week? If so, this'll be the best week ever. :3

Origin: chrisd1080
Steam: Chris720
Battle.net: Chris720
uPlay: Demonic720
YouTube

Nintendo Network ID: Chris720 | Twitter:

lord_hades

xDemon720x wrote:

15th sounds logical I suppose, the next two weeks are the Christmas holidays and Nintendo will probably let off their workers to be with their families rather than be bogged down with releasing the GBA games.

However, could this mean the other update is coming out this week? If so, this'll be the best week ever. :3

wait another update whats this one for weve already got 3D video recording

i am hades true leader of the underworld. i must bid you ado

Bass_X0

People still do their full time jobs on the 22nd of December, especially if its a week day. Many people also work between Christmas and New Year too.

Edgey, Gumshoe, Godot, Sissel, Larry, then Mia, Franziska, Maggie, Kay and Lynne.

I'm throwing my money at the screen but nothing happens!

Joeynator3000

....Um, yeah I dunno about another update, lol.
Unless he's talking about the one for the NES games...?

Edited on by Joeynator3000

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

skells33

letterbox/swapnote is the other update so therefore i expect the e-shop to go offline again very soon if your logic is correct (I am keeping a close eye on the e-shop news) 18 days left in Japan but still 19 here in the uk for at least 3 hours. I have a sneaky feeling US will be the 1st to know the date (I just wish Nintendo would stop being hush and start speaking!)

skells33

Birdman

In addition to Swapnote that is coming as part of the second update, the NES games will also be released to the non-Ambassadors for purchase in the eShop, and the games themselves will be updated with Restore Point functionality, multiplayer capabilities and full instruction manuals for the games. So, the 15th is logical, but I'm gonna go with the 22nd on this one; it won't cut that deeply into Holiday sales (which, since Nintendo has a huge amount of new games they're selling for this season, makes sense why they haven't come out yet), and the NES games will be super shiny new for all the kids who got 3DSs for Christmas to see in the eShop before other stuff can distract them from quickly buying a lot of Nintendo games quickly. That's what I'd do if the GBA games/NES updates were ready right now if I was Nintendo.

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8643-6062

the_shpydar

From a business standpoint, the Thursday after Christmas (the 29th; assuming they're sticking with a Thurs. release) is the most logical, so as to avoid any potential biting into Christmas game-sales. That's what i'd expect.

Edited on by the_shpydar

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

Joeynator3000

I guess, I don't really care for that, so yeah...xD

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

JohnPhilipSousa

Swapnote is an application, not an entire update. It's like how you have to download Pokedex 3D.

JohnPhilipSousa

3DS Friend Code: 3909-7508-7026 | Nintendo Network ID: JohnPhilipSousa

skells33

so lets get back on topic and we still awaiting news of when this is coming. I know time is getting short for this year and i just wish Nintendo would have gave us some news by now! I hate all the hush and i just want this in the flipping open(the date that is, not the names of the games)

skells33

CinnamonRobin

Anyone who's getting worried about the GBA games not being released this year has quite a short memory. Remember back to when the NES Ambassador games came out. They were announced in late July, along with the GBA games, with a list of 5 games revealed and 5 still unknown. After that we heard nothing about them until 30th August when the full list was revealed. The next day the games were released. Mark my words: exactly the same thing will happen with the GBA games. Some time in the next couple of weeks we'll get the rest of the games revealed completely out of the blue, and very shortly after that they'll be released. Nintendo's silence is nothing to worry about.

Edited on by CinnamonRobin

CinnamonRobin

Lohengriehn

Nintendo just wants to surprise us with the release. I also think, we get an unexpected message one day and the other day all games will be available. Its hard to wait, sure, but with Pushmo and Zen Pinball at least I have enough stuff to play with currently. Let them to surprise us...possibly an xmas release who knows (xmas is the release date I assume - does match pretty fine imo )

Grammar errors? We could use the german language instead of the english one of course - do you dare? ;)

skells33

speaking of blue that is the light we are waiting for. so we could have a message anytime soon then and then cue all the relaxs

skells33

nerdydan

I have a feeling that we are going to be getting the release date or names of the remaining 5 games either today or tomorrow.

Well, um... I like Burgers. Not much else to say.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.