Forums

Topic: Fire Emblem Sacred Stones

Posts 161 to 180 of 206

Fuzzy

Yeah, she's really helpful if you want to level up a certain character. And she gains experience as you use her dance move.

Fuzzy, Backloggery.

Retro_on_theGo

Man this game is addicting. I've played the game for 3 hours sometimes. I keep forgetting there's a suspend feature. XD
Finally got Ross to a Pirate now too. That really paid off. He's kind of useful now.

I can recruit Cormag!?!?! UUGGH!! I killed him! >.< I was low on health for a lot of people and killed him desperately! I had no idea! That sucks. At least I got Dussel.

Edited on by Retro_on_theGo

Retro_on_theGo

Well, I beat the game! Absolutely awesome! I loved it so much.
There were some parts I just felt overall cheap but it was still fun! I made it through the whole story only losing 2 people. Which brings me to the ending. (Not a spoiler) That was one of the most bitter sweet endings for me, because I lost Lute right before I won! I really loved Lute...a lot! That sucked so hard.
I really didn't want to do the chapter over again though so I pressed on. It was basically the game's FU to me for nearly winning. XD I was sad a bit, but kept on going. It made it so much rewarding to kill that guy at least!! Really great game. I'm so grateful to Nintendo for making this one of the free GBA games.
Sorry for the double post.No one had posted in a while anyways,heh

Edited on by Retro_on_theGo

kkslider5552000

I honestly spent most of my time in chapters 7 and 8 just getting support conversations. Pratically the only time the characters are genuinely enjoyable instead of mediocre and just there for the plot. Also, I loved going into that treasure room with like 5 tougher enemies only for 3 of them to be killed in one turn by Seth's counter attack. I mean I get the first 2 but what was the 3rd one thinking? "Oh my god I am defeated. I completely didn't see this coming!"

I try too hard to make the characters fairly even leveled. It's worked out much better so far than certain other games where I do this and I suck for a lot of the game because of it (see: Effect, Mass).

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Vincent294

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Man this game is addicting. I've played the game for 3 hours sometimes. I keep forgetting there's a suspend feature. XD
Finally got Ross to a Pirate now too. That really paid off. He's kind of useful now.

I can recruit Cormag!?!?! UUGGH!! I killed him! >.< I was low on health for a lot of people and killed him desperately! I had no idea! That sucks. At least I got Dussel.

Same here. The sadder part: I knew I could get him, but I forgot and killed him like any old soldier, just freelancing. Then it struck me: I was such an idiot.

Vincent294

My Nintendo: Vincent294 | Nintendo Network ID: Vincent294

Retro_on_theGo

VincentV wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Same here. The sadder part: I knew I could get him, but I forgot and killed him like any old soldier, just freelancing. Then it struck me: I was such an idiot.

Hah, that's similar to how I lost Lute. There was no way I could see right away to move her so I left where she was, but then I noticed I could have taken out the final boss before he striked,ugh. lol

RetroBowser

I'm on ch.15. I'm stuck cause my guy's aren't strong enough and keep dieing so i have to shut it off so i don't lose anyone. I'm doing Erika's story cause of Seth. (Seth is beast!!)

Super Troll gamer

Digiki

Seth is on both routes...

For chapter 15, first of all I'd advise you to look up a map, there are a bunch of items hidden in the sand, most importantly the Swiftsoles and Silver Card, which increase movement by 2, and halve shop prices respectively.
As for combat in that chapter, Duessel with an axe will wreck Valter, stealing his Fili Shield and then sniping him with Innes works too.
Caellach is easier because you should beat him with Joshua as Joshua is the coolest! If he's a Swordmaster, steal the Hoplon Guard and then Joshua should be able to easily critical him. They also have a conversation before attacking each other that you don't want to miss!
Cormag also has a conversation with Valter, but unless he's significantly overlevelled, he just isn't strong enough.

LucinaSmash

After Chapter 17 and had an idea that I don't want to move on but instead starting a new file and see what opportunities I miss out on. One thing I found out is that rescuing all the green color civilians in a chapter rewards you with very useful items like changing Niemi's class into a Ranger. This time I didn't lose Lute and discover how useful see is in boss fights once she became a Sage and remembering to use the rescue mechanic.

After beating Chapter 17 once again I am more confidant with my units.

For the best Wii U HD experience, Mad Catz Wii Component Cable in 1080p

Digiki

Ephraim Chapter 10 is really really hard when using only Ross and Amelia to fight, while still trying to recruit both Cormag and Duessel.
I have to bring Tana to recruit Cormag, so she has to be protected. Amelia is only a level 1, cavalier though and is easily slain, and there are aggressive enemies constantly battering her.

If I can get over this hump it should be smooth sailing though!

Yrreiht

i wonder, is there a way to unlock the other monster map (like the tower) when playing as Eirika in the monster campaign?

Revenge is better with chili sauce... everything is better with chili sauce.

3DS Friend Code: 5069-4008-9404 | Nintendo Network ID: Tynerds37

Fuzzy

Yep, I found recruiting Cormag on Ephraim's route to be the hardest one. It was a battle to get Tana to Cormag before he started moving around the map. Also, I had to avoid the ships that kept shooting at me. Eventually got it done though.

Fuzzy, Backloggery.

Digiki

After trying a few different times, so far the best and only viable strategy for getting Cormag is to hang out not too far from the start, let him come to me have Tana recruit him and then have him save her and retreat to safety somewhere. From there I just need Amelia to survive, which she survives well enough but there are a ton of enemies, I think I'll just need to have her use an elixer one turn and that should be enough to succeed.

tynerds37 wrote:

i wonder, is there a way to unlock the other monster map (like the tower) when playing as Eirika in the monster campaign?

I'm not sure what you're saying, the Ruins open up near the end of the game regardless of route.

LaCru79

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

You know what I just realized? I was playing this game on easy mode... Yet this was one of the hardest games I've played. Geez, I'd hate to see how difficult this series is on normal mode. XD

It´s the same but without the tutorial. Hard on the other hand...

My FC is: 0473-8793-3927
My Mii nickname is: LaCru79

kkslider5552000

Tries to do more non-story battles to level up with.

Idiotically gets one character one shot killed via axe weakness shortly after spendng way too much time trying to get some supports for everyone (oh yeah, leveling up support is the dumbest thing ever btw).

Here's how I've spent at least 2 hours of this game, only at chapter 11.

After getting everyone away from enemy range (so that they won't move anymore) and getting (and remembering) the characters who should be next to each other...
MY TURN
press down to get cursor not on a unit
press a to get to menu
up to get to final option in menu
press a to end turn
ENEMY'S TURN
they do nothing
MY TURN
press down to get cursor not on a unit
press a to get to menu
up to get to final option in menu
press a to end turn
ENEMY'S TURN
they do nothing

repeat until the end of time

Really everytime I want to declare I was completely wrong about Fire Emblem, they do something to make sure I'm proven right. Still a good game but I still think it's just Advance Wars in a medieval setting but with more frustration or a less good Final Fantasy Tactics.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Digiki

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Idiotically gets one character one shot killed via axe weakness shortly after spendng way too much time trying to get some supports for everyone (oh yeah, leveling up support is the dumbest thing ever btw).

How is leveling supports dumb? You build towards them by having finish turns side-by-side on the battlefield, their bond grows as they fight together. You're meant to try to keep them together while you play through the game, you're not meant to grind them up by wasting several turns doing nothing.

Supports are an awesome feature that add a good gameplay mechanic, as well as some excellent characterization.
Don't blame the game for allowing you to play it in a way that you don't enjoy.

LaCru79

Can you use the gold- and silvercard in the stores located on the world map or only in the scenario map? If so, are there more places to use the goldcard besides in the scenario where I found it?

My FC is: 0473-8793-3927
My Mii nickname is: LaCru79

Martyn

Anyone got any hints on how to get into this game properly? I tried once, couldn't make it through the tutorial i don't think....whoops.
How much do i need to take from the tutorial? any "how to play" or "quick start" guides out there i could maybe read that might help the information sink in easier?

Martyn

kkslider5552000

Digiki wrote:

How is leveling supports dumb? You build towards them by having finish turns side-by-side on the battlefield, their bond grows as they fight together. You're meant to try to keep them together while you play through the game, you're not meant to grind them up by wasting several turns doing nothing.

Supports are an awesome feature that add a good gameplay mechanic, as well as some excellent characterization.
Don't blame the game for allowing you to play it in a way that you don't enjoy.

Admittedly, I am not good enough at these types of games to advance supports AND not die at the exact same time. But how else am I supposed to get all the characterizations without support grinding unless I make no mistakes ever at the game? And really my problem is that you could have done something fun to get characterization. Like, you could made these extra battles into more of a characterization sidequest instead. That would have been great.

Another thing, how sad is it just how irrelevent most of the characters are to the story? I know why they couldn't add like a million story variables because this is a GBA game but if you're gonna give me the possibility to have someone's dad murdered 3 feet from them, I'd like to see that fact acknowledged during or after the battle. It just makes the characterization I had (damn good characterization) feel completely wasted.

But really my problem with this game is unlike a lot of games I find challenging or even too challenging, this one feels like it's trying to make newbies stop playing it.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.