Forums

Topic: Favorite Ambassador Game?

Posts 41 to 60 of 140

Ark

1. Yoshi
2. Zelda II
3. Balloon Fight
4. Wrecking Crew
5. Golf
6. The Legend of Zelda
7. Super Mario Bros.
8. Donkey Kong Jr
9. Metroid
10. Ice Climber

Edited on by Ark

.

BleachFan

I was expecting to play Mario, Metroid, and Zelda the most. But sometimes it's hard for me to keep playing them with their "die and go back to the start" way of doing things.

Surprisingly, I've been playing NES Open a heck of a lot! It's probably my favorite so far. Also, Balloon Fight is a lot more entertaining than I thought it would be. I'm glad these games were able to take me off-guard, because I'm enjoying them quite a bit!

Edited on by BleachFan

I'm working on a game that's coming out soon!
Cipher Trailer

Terave

Yoshi keeps me on the 3DS for a while. Same for NES Open Golf. They're both relaxing (sometimes..) and addicting. Mario, Zelda and Metroid are good, but those are not my favorite out of these 10 games. Ice Climber is just really bad, and DK2 is way too slow. Wrecking Crew and Balloon Fight on the other hand, keep me busy for a short while. Too long doesn't suit it.

So, favorite is one word: Yoshi!

Changed name: Old name was JDT!
Ponies will take over the world. Just deal with it.
3DS FC: 1375-7189-4496

bro2dragons

I'm enjoying Zelda a lot. I'm loving playing Wrecking Crew for the first time, and am liking Metroid for the same reason. I'm shocked how similar Metroid is to Super Metroid. The old-school die and restart system of so many of these games is intense, but I'm starting to learn to love it... my biggest complaint, though, is just the lack of a soundtrack in so many of these. I never had a NES growing up (I started gaming with the SNES), so I didn't realize it until just now... but there is so little change in music, that it become really distracting. Metroid and Zelda have fantastic and catchy main themes... but when they play on repeat for hours on end... I want to punch an 8-bit soundboard.

“I am a brother to dragons and a companion to owls." Job:30:29
Need a second opinion before grabbing that unknown new game? Come check out my reviews at WiiWareWave, "The Friendliest Nintendo site on the 'Net."

Nintendo Network ID: bro2dragons | Twitter:

Hokori

surprisingly its my least favorite Wii VC game, YOSHI

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
Welcome to my emassary of...

SunnySnivy

The Legend of Zelda.
It's my favorite NES game.

I would be enjoying Super Mario Bros a lot more, but when you get a game over you go all the way back to the beginning. I can't wait to have this game with restore points. I don't mind difficulty but doing the easy levels over and over again just to get a shot at harder ones really makes me annoyed.

http://backloggery.com/naviloveslink

johnhood

The Legend of Zelda, Super Mario Bros. and Metroid!

johnhood

Twitter:

GeminiSaint

Big names aside (Mario/Zelda/Metroid), I'm gonna say it's Balloon Fight so far. I surprised myself having more fun than I expected playing this little game.

GeminiSaint

GeminiSaint

SunnySnivy wrote:

I would be enjoying Super Mario Bros a lot more, but when you get a game over you go all the way back to the beginning. I can't wait to have this game with restore points. I don't mind difficulty but doing the easy levels over and over again just to get a shot at harder ones really makes me annoyed.

Hold down A and then press start to continue from the last X-1 stage you played. (say, if you got a game over in world 4-3, you'll start in world 4-1)

GeminiSaint

SuperLink

So far my favorite games are:

1. The Legend of Zelda
2. The Legend of Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
3. NES Open Tournament Golf
4. Super Mario Brothers
5. Donkey Kong Jr.
6. Metroid
7. Balloon Fight
8. Ice Climbers
9. Wrecking Crew
10. Yoshi

I understand that a lot of people like Wrecking Crew, but I just really can't get into it. Balloon Fight's good, but it's just so repetitive, and Metroid is just too complex, but it is a classic, so I often find myself playing it just to explore the vast labyrinth known as the planet Zebes.

Edited on by SuperLink

Mom...Dad...I'm a Thespian

Kingbuilder

Metroid

“The revolution is not an apple that falls when it is ripe. You have to make it fall.” - "Some men are born mediocre, some men achieve mediocrity, and some men have mediocrity thrust upon them."

Blaze

Probably Metroid, although in truth I don't love any of them. Nice to have them though, and can't wait for the GBA games! I'm also surprised at how fun Balloon Fight is!

Tigus

Mine are LOZ,LOZ 2 and Metroid
all great games and for the first time ill beat them all.

Lifes like a game there are those who are good at it and those who need some practice.
-Me

Nintendo Network ID: TigusVaton

Colors

1. Super Mario Bros.
2. The Legend of Zelda
3. Metroid
4. Balloon Fight
5. Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
6. Wrecking Crew
7. NES Open Tournament Golf
8. Donkey Kong Jr.
9. Ice Climbers
10. Yoshi

Umfor Natugeris:
Topu a ximmuma of 030 rachacrets

grumblegrumble

bro2dragons wrote:

I'm enjoying Zelda a lot. I'm loving playing Wrecking Crew for the first time, and am liking Metroid for the same reason. I'm shocked how similar Metroid is to Super Metroid. The old-school die and restart system of so many of these games is intense, but I'm starting to learn to love it... my biggest complaint, though, is just the lack of a soundtrack in so many of these. I never had a NES growing up (I started gaming with the SNES), so I didn't realize it until just now... but there is so little change in music, that it become really distracting. Metroid and Zelda have fantastic and catchy main themes... but when they play on repeat for hours on end... I want to punch an 8-bit soundboard.

The reason that Super Metroid is a lot like Metroid is because it was an UPDATED version of the original Metroid, with better graphics and such. So yeah, that's why it's so similar It's the same game!

3DS Friend Code: 4511-0578-9918 (User name: Grumble) If u add me let me know so I can add you back ;) Current Favorites: NSMB 2, CrossWords Plus, Art Academy: Lessons For Everyone, Donkey Kong, Mario Golf, Balloon Pop Remix, Precipice, Digidrive, Art of Balance: Touch, Speed X3D, R...

grumblegrumble

It's "Ice Climber" NOT ICE CLIMBERS. Get it right, people LOL!!!

3DS Friend Code: 4511-0578-9918 (User name: Grumble) If u add me let me know so I can add you back ;) Current Favorites: NSMB 2, CrossWords Plus, Art Academy: Lessons For Everyone, Donkey Kong, Mario Golf, Balloon Pop Remix, Precipice, Digidrive, Art of Balance: Touch, Speed X3D, R...

Chrono-Trigger

Super Mario Bros. without a doubt.

Still a blast to play after all these years.

Chrono-Trigger

bro2dragons

I'm surprised by how many people are surprised by Balloon Fight's quality. It's always been one of my favorite NES games. It's the best variation of the Joust concept that's ever been made. Given that it's fantastic and addicting and has shown up in Animal Crossing and the Wii VC, I'm just shocked by the fact that so few of you seem to have ever given it a go. It got me more excited for the ambassador program than ANY of the other 9 games when it was announced.

“I am a brother to dragons and a companion to owls." Job:30:29
Need a second opinion before grabbing that unknown new game? Come check out my reviews at WiiWareWave, "The Friendliest Nintendo site on the 'Net."

Nintendo Network ID: bro2dragons | Twitter:

Moco_Loco

bro2dragons wrote:

I'm surprised by how many people are surprised by Balloon Fight's quality. It's always been one of my favorite NES games. It's the best variation of the Joust concept that's ever been made. Given that it's fantastic and addicting and has shown up in Animal Crossing and the Wii VC, I'm just shocked by the fact that so few of you seem to have ever given it a go. It got me more excited for the ambassador program than ANY of the other 9 games when it was announced.

I played Balloon Fight in Animal Crossing, but it just never clicked for me. It just works better as a handheld game, at least for me personally. Pretty much the same with Yoshi, though I never played tat one before.

Moco Loco
If you find yourself spiritually drifting (as I was for far too many years), remember that Jesus can and will walk across the water to reach you and bring you back to shore.

Top

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic