3DS Virtual Console Forum

Topic: Dragon Quest to 3DS VC?

Showing 1 to 16 of 16

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Gold

1. Posted:

I know it's a 3rd party game, but I know that I will buy this in a heartbeat.

3DS FC: 4296-3465-6223
Omega Ruby, Mario amiibo, and Smash Wii U Bundle Day One!

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3465-6223 | Nintendo Network ID: Gold471

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Sleepingmudkip

2. Posted:

Square Enix game so go ask them

Deluxe WII U

Limited Edition Pikachu 3DS

The Final 2 Great Turn-Base RPGs Pokemon and Fire Emblem

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7674-9891 | Nintendo Network ID: lionel1 | Twitter: JohnGreenGod

AuthorMessage
Avatar

ejamer

3. Posted:

I'm playing through the DS remakes of IV, V, and (eventually) VI now and loving the series. Keeping my fingers crossed that we get the 3DS remake of VII eventually too!

That said, I'm not so sure I want to go back to the original via virtual console... that game felt "old school" back when it was first released in North America, and would be tough to play through now. Maybe the GBC remakes of I+II and III would be ok though. Weren't those games cleaned up before release? Even better would be a full remake - but that seems doubtful at best (at least in the West).

ejamer

Nintendo Network ID: ejamer

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SuperMalleo

4. Posted:

Very unlikely. Nobody seems to like 8-bit RPGs these days.

Plumber extraordinaire at your service.
配管工の非凡なあなたのサービスで。

3DS Friend Code: 2809-8065-2098 | Nintendo Network ID: MarioOtaku350

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Obito_Tennyson

5. Posted:

Rockman_Chan wrote:

Very unlikely. Nobody seems to like 8-bit RPGs these days.

Final Fantasy? Tell me that you would not buy Final Fantasy if it came to the 3DS Virtual Console. I would buy the Dragon Warrior/Quest and Final Fantasy series if they ever came to the 3DS Virtual Console. My money's right here, waiting for some awesome 8-bit RPG's.

P.S. Pokemon Red and Blue were 8-bit... so, yeah.

Friend Safari: Butterfree, Venomoth, and Volbeat (if there are any Bug Catchers out there...?)
Looking For: Ditto, Magneton Friend Safaries (please contact me if you have any)

3DS Friend Code: 2492-5497-3062 | Nintendo Network ID: JonathanTennyson | Twitter: Obito_Tennyson

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SuperMalleo

6. Posted:

Obito_Tennyson wrote:

Rockman_Chan wrote:

Very unlikely. Nobody seems to like 8-bit RPGs these days.

Final Fantasy? Tell me that you would not buy Final Fantasy if it came to the 3DS Virtual Console. I would buy the Dragon Warrior/Quest and Final Fantasy series if they ever came to the 3DS Virtual Console. My money's right here, waiting for some awesome 8-bit RPG's.

P.S. Pokemon Red and Blue were 8-bit... so, yeah.

I will buy it, except that Square Enix doesn't like their old games anymore. They're more focused on more terrible games.

Plumber extraordinaire at your service.
配管工の非凡なあなたのサービスで。

3DS Friend Code: 2809-8065-2098 | Nintendo Network ID: MarioOtaku350

AuthorMessage
Avatar

KingMike

7. Posted:

ejamer wrote:

That said, I'm not so sure I want to go back to the original via virtual console... that game felt "old school" back when it was first released in North America, and would be tough to play through now. Maybe the GBC remakes of I+II and III would be ok though. Weren't those games cleaned up before release? Even better would be a full remake - but that seems doubtful at best (at least in the West).

The GBC versions were ported from the Super Famicom, improving the graphics (though of course the GBC versions took a step back in graphics) and adding some features like stat-boosting seeds and a medal-hun in DQ3. The EXP and Gold drops from enemies were also raised to reduce the amount of grinding needed. (though I hear NES DW2 had a significant gold-farming bug that was fixed in the GBC version)

KingMike

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

8. Posted:

Square-Enix doesn't seem interested in VC. Along with pretty much everyone else...

Mecha Wolf Prime

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Avatar

DefHalan

9. Posted:

I think Square-Enix would rather just re-release their games and charge full price rather than for $5

http://dudehugespeaks.tumblr.com/post/44243746261/nickels-dimes-and-quarters
http://www.penny-arcade.com/patv/episode/why-console-specs-dont-matter
http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/200271/Video_Don_Daglow_on_nextgen_transition_traps_and_treasures.php

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

AuthorMessage
Avatar

R_Champ

10. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Square-Enix doesn't seem interested in VC. Along with pretty much everyone else...

Capcom has been active with VC. Tons of Megaman games, some street fighter games, and recently BoF II. I would like to at least get FF VI and Chrono Trigger on VC though...

Nintendo & Steam ID: R_Champ

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Geonjaha

11. Posted:

I saw 'Dragon Quest' in the 3DS VC section and got excited a little. :'(
I'd rather have the 5 excellent GBC titles they released than the NES ones, but at this point I'd buy any of them if they were released.

Rockman_Chan wrote:

Very unlikely. Nobody seems to like 8-bit RPGs these days.

Not true unfortunately. I'd eat up any Dragon Quest game on the VC. :L

Edited on by Geonjaha

I make Pixel Art on occasion.

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6645-7215

AuthorMessage
Avatar

unrandomsam

12. Posted:

I wouldn't buy the NES ones. I would buy the Super Famicom ones at full price though at a similar type of quality to the DS IV-VI.

Still loads of stuff that they never released outside Japan from the time when they actually made good games.

(Or the GBC ones on Virtual Console).

“30fps Is Not a Good Artistic Decision, It's a Failure”

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Blast

13. Posted:

DefHalan wrote:

I think Square-Enix would rather just re-release their games and charge full price rather than for $5

Sadly... thats true....

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I do plan on getting a PS4 someday :D

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

14. Posted:

R_Champ wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Square-Enix doesn't seem interested in VC. Along with pretty much everyone else...

Capcom has been active with VC. Tons of Megaman games, some street fighter games, and recently BoF II. I would like to at least get FF VI and Chrono Trigger on VC though...

They're the only ones we've seen lately, besides maybe Sega.

Mecha Wolf Prime

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Captain_Balko

15. Posted:

ejamer wrote:

I'm playing through the DS remakes of IV, V, and (eventually) VI now and loving the series. Keeping my fingers crossed that we get the 3DS remake of VII eventually too!

That said, I'm not so sure I want to go back to the original via virtual console... that game felt "old school" back when it was first released in North America, and would be tough to play through now. Maybe the GBC remakes of I+II and III would be ok though. Weren't those games cleaned up before release? Even better would be a full remake - but that seems doubtful at best (at least in the West).

Yes, this would be ideal. So far my 3DS has gone without playing any DQ (except the DS ones which don't count) and I've been craving some Dragon Quest since a few months after DQM:J2 came out.

Captain_Balko

AuthorMessage
Avatar

unrandomsam

16. Posted:

What is annoying is Dragon Quest VII is coming to iOS and Android this Winter (No mention of 3DS - Japan already has it)

I expect iOS will get it worldwide first. Android only in Japan. (Maybe never outside Japan)..

“30fps Is Not a Good Artistic Decision, It's a Failure”