Forums

Topic: Donkey Kong (GB)

Posts 121 to 130 of 130

Tasuki

I am probably going to DL this tonight with CN coins. I missed the first time around this was offered I wont make that mistake again. Only thing was wasn't this a GBC game as well or did they bring this game out on the GBC cause I could of sworn I played this game in color.

Edited on by Tasuki

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

brianvgplayer

Tasuki wrote:

I am probably going to DL this tonight with CN coins. I missed the first time around this was offered I wont make that mistake again. Only thing was wasn't this a GBC game as well or did they bring this game out on the GBC cause I could of sworn I played this game in color.

It's a Super Game Boy enhanced game that plays with a border, enhanced sound (Pauline says "help, help" instead of just screaming) and limited color palettes on SNES with a Super Game Boy, but it doesn't play in full color on GBC or later.

Edited on by brianvgplayer

brianvgplayer

Tasuki

brianvgplayer wrote:

Tasuki wrote:

It's a Super Game Boy enhanced game that plays with a border, enhanced sound (Pauline says "help, help" instead of just screaming) and limited color palettes on SNES with a Super Game Boy, but it doesn't play in full color on GBC or later.

Ah ok that would explain. Still I got this game and I am enjoying it a much as I did many years ago. I could only play this game in small bursts than I get to a level that I have trouble with and have to take a break and relax before trying to solve it again.

My Backlog

suburban_sensei

Tasuki wrote:

Yeah, it seems like actual physical items on CN are not that great anymore (at least here in the US, anyway), and I was thinking about buying this with my coins as well. I bought Metroid II with coins last month, and it's one of my favorite titles on the GB now, so I like hearing everybody loves DK, since I have never played it.

Nintendo ID / PSN ID: Suburban_Sensei
3DS Friend Code:3239-5626-6674

Currently playing:
Kirby and the Rainbow Curse / Hyrule Warriors / Super Smash Bros. (Wii U)
Super Smash Bros. / LoZ: Majoras Mask 3D / Kirby...

bezerker99

For those who haven't played Donkey Kong for Gameboy: It's Excellent!!!

To get it with Club Nintendo coins is an awesome opportunity that shouldn't be passed up.

Edited on by bezerker99

Undead_terror

I still got to beat it, I got stuck on a level like a year ago and haven't touched it since, I think it will be fun since it's on CN now and people are most likely playing it.

Sp00ky scary skeleton back to play games and dew other fine things indead!
The Graveyard (Backloggery) l Nintendo ID: Undead_terror

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

Klimbatize

Yeah, Donkey Kong '94 is one of the best puzzle platformers you'll ever play. One of the best Gameboy games, that's for sure.

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs. It's jolted by every pebble on the road.

3DS FC: 1332 7785 4494

Zeldalover

I did beat it again a couple months ago and on Activity Log it says I beat it for exactly 5 hours. This is the 2nd Game Boy game that I've rated with a pure 10/10 right after Link's Awakening. And I think it totally deserves it, because it never got me bored for a second. I really like the level designs and how it continued to introduce new gameplay elements all the way to the very end. A true masterpiece in my opinion. Pokemon Red/Blue stand at number 3 with a 9.0 out of 10.

A must-buy for any 3DS owner.

Zeldalover

Tasuki

Yeah I have to say I am having fun with this one. And I agree if you have the coins and dont have this game and have a 3DS you definitely need to pick it up.

My Backlog

suburban_sensei

After downloading from CN, and spending a little time with the game since my last post (a few posts up), I must say this game is slowly becoming one of my favorite titles I never played. I think the pick-up-and-play aspect of it is phenomenal, and the level design is top notch.

Nintendo ID / PSN ID: Suburban_Sensei
3DS Friend Code:3239-5626-6674

Currently playing:
Kirby and the Rainbow Curse / Hyrule Warriors / Super Smash Bros. (Wii U)
Super Smash Bros. / LoZ: Majoras Mask 3D / Kirby...

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.