Showing 41 to 60 of 137
41. Posted: Fri 1st Jul 2011 05:00 BST
I like Donkey Kong and all, but I can't even finish the 4th level on world 1.. I know.. FAIL.
It's too hard for me, idk why.
N3DS FC: 4425-1501-1975 x
Getting a WiiU on August 25th for my birthday.
42. Posted: Fri 1st Jul 2011 05:01 BST
43. Posted: Sat 2nd Jul 2011 15:13 BST
Just downloaded this one last night! I _was going to get Links Awakening DX, but for some reason I just don't feel like going on an epic adventure right now. Will be playing this later today hehe.
Currently Playing: Mighty Switch Force 2!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!
44. Posted: Sat 2nd Jul 2011 18:41 BST
@Birdman- (I also posted this on your 'loggery btw)
Yeah for level 5-10 in DK '94, it must've taken me about 20 tries to get it right. Anyway, here's how I did it:
1. If you're looking to try and get all 3 Paulina items on every stage like I am, then get those first. There's one by your spawning point and two up above. Grab the bottom one and take the ladder block and use it to extend the rightmost ladder. Go up and get the one on the topmost platform. Then jump off and you should land on a bridge block. Build it right underneath your head as you fall, because otherwise you may fall head-first and die. Then build the ladder right in-between the two block holder things. climb all the way up and you should automatically get the third item. Now climb down before the timer runs out and fall to the bottom.
2. Now for the hard part: getting the key to the very top. Notice that there are 2 sets of 3 blocks: One at the top and one at the bottom. First, build a bridge 2 spaces above the block holders on the bottom (something like 5 or 6 spaces from the ground). Then grab the key and build the spring one space from the ground. Jump on the spring and throw the key. Do a backflip up onto the bridge and grab the key. Now build another bridge about 5 or 6 spaces above the first bridge (should be the same level as the crevice at the top) while the timer is still running. Then build a ladder connecting the two bridges, probably to the left of the screen. Quickly throw your key to the side, climb the ladder, build the second spring one space above the first bridge, get off the ladder, and grab your key again. Then quickly jump onto the spring, throw the key up, backflip on the spring, and grab the key before the timer runs out. Now you just simply jump to the permanent platform at the top and open the door.
Hope that helps. Or you can use Ninty's advice which is similar and should help as well.
Edited on Sat 2nd July, 2011 @ 18:43 by Bassman_Q
Currently obsessed with my new PS3 in 2015...
Wii Friend Code (Showcase): 5828 1840 9740 9987
WarioWare DIY FC: 3309 7315 6534
Goldeneye 007 (Wii): 0457 2025 5629
Flipnote Hatena (Haven't been on in over 2 years, btw!)
DIY Wikihouse Page
Nintendo Network ID: QwikStix42
45. Posted: Sat 2nd Jul 2011 21:44 BST
@Qwikman - You know, I should've responded to Nintyfan's post, as his advice was enough to get me through the level. I'm currently stuck on level 7-1, so if you'd like to help me out with that one, I won't complain.
46. Posted: Sat 2nd Jul 2011 22:05 BST
I played this as a kid with my Game Boy and now I am playing it as a 36 year old man with too much time on his hands. LOL. And loving every second of it This is THE best GameBoy game ever released, imho. Enjoying it thoroughly and highly recommend it!
3DS Friend Code: 4511-0578-9918 (User name: Grumble) If u add me let me know so I can add you back ;) Current Favorites: NSMB 2, CrossWords Plus, Art Academy: Lessons For Everyone, Donkey Kong, Mario Golf, Balloon Pop Remix, Precipice, Digidrive, Art of Balance: Touch, Speed X3D, R...
47. Posted: Sat 2nd Jul 2011 22:19 BST
At the start of the level, wait for the fire enemy to walk across the ice. When it starts climbing up the wall near the elevator, go up the ladder and ride the elevator. Pull the switch up there and go back down. Wait for the two fire enemys to melt the ice covering the area with the second switch and key, and when most of it is gone, jump up there and pick up the key. Throw the key to the left down the long ladder and onto the ground near the gate to the door. Quickly pull the switch to create a floor over the long ladder and climb down that ladder and jump off it to pick up the key. The gate should be open, so make your way to the door.
Vote KIng K. Rool for Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U!
Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan
48. Posted: Sun 3rd Jul 2011 03:47 BST
Gracias, NintyFan, for helping me solve that one as well.
49. Posted: Wed 6th Jul 2011 18:21 BST
Is this game not worth the money just because it's black and white? Or should I still get it? I must admit that this game looks a lot better when it's in color, but from what you guys are saying, it must be a pretty good game. So should I just get it?
Currently Playing: Pikmin 3 and Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
Recently Beat: Wind Waker HD, Mario 3D World, and A Link between Worlds
Nintendo Network ID: androidcall
50. Posted: Wed 6th Jul 2011 18:27 BST
This game is absolutely worth a purchase and a total steal at just 4 dollars and change. Yeah it sucks that it isn't in color but the controls and level design are just fantastic and it all holds up amazingly well so many years later. I don't regret my black and white purchase one bit!
My backloggery: http://backloggery.com/bboy2970
51. Posted: Wed 6th Jul 2011 18:28 BST
@Demonbaby: I don't have it because I haven't gotten a 3DS card yet, but it's a fantastic game even without color and I definitely recommend it.
52. Posted: Wed 6th Jul 2011 23:08 BST
Mario does triple jumps! I am complete underestimate the Gameboy.
This game makes Super Mario World look like New Super Mario Bros.
For the best Wii U HD experience, Mad Catz Wii Component Cable in 1080p
53. Posted: Wed 6th Jul 2011 23:17 BST
This game is awesome! I beat and it was so much fun to play through. The second to last boss fight music is awesome! The arsenal of moves you have is pretty impressive too. I'm so glad this was released early on the VC instead of years later!
Help Scott Pilgrim become backwards compatible for the Xbox One!
My Deviant Art! Feel free to browse my work![url=http://backloggery.com/r...
54. Posted: Mon 18th Jul 2011 17:52 BST
I never could beat Donkey Kong at the very end.
Did anyone else have difficulty with him?
Edgey, Gumshoe, Godot, Sissel, Larry, then Mia, Franziska, Maggie, Kay and Lynne.
I'm throwing my money at the screen but nothing happens!
55. Posted: Tue 19th Jul 2011 00:35 BST
I never could beat Donkey Kong at the very end.Did anyone else have difficulty with him?
Using restore points helps. I just beat this the other day such an awesome game.
Formally Square-enixFan, Neo-GeoFan. A lover of fine games and handheld systems and games!!!!!!!!!!The 3DS XL is amazing. Much games... ^_^BackloggeryCheck my Youtube channel out!http://www.youtube.com/user/HandheldGuru97And...
Nintendo Network ID: Square_Enix_Fan
56. Posted: Tue 19th Jul 2011 01:08 BST
Just completed it. Is this another game where you have to reset when it reaches The End screen? I've just left my restore point there and will probably leave it like that!
3DS Friend Code: 1762-2733-3685
Xenoblade Chronicles 3D
57. Posted: Tue 19th Jul 2011 01:44 BST
i'm sure this a nice game will just have to see
If there is a broil between 3DS and PS VITA, then GO 3DS!!!My e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org aCCOUNT: Sams3dsReviews3ds friend code:3523-2083-55293ds games: super street fighter 4, ghost recon shadow wars,resident evil the mercenaries...
58. Posted: Tue 19th Jul 2011 14:25 BST
Just finished it this morning. What a great game. I had picked up the GB cart 2 years ago, and beat it then. Playing it again felt just as fresh. There are so many levels, that it all seems new again.
I had a bit of trouble on the final DK, but not too much. Restore points were NOT used. Come on guys, stop spoiling the challenge! Try this: If you feel like setting the restore point, pause the game, go to Kotaku, and watch an episode of Retro Game Master. That should bring about a sense of shame for wanting to use the restore point, and also a sense of resolve to play better!
59. Posted: Tue 19th Jul 2011 14:35 BST
I remember having it back with the GB. This is a massive comeback for me. Excellent game. Can get really hard though. At the iceberg now.
3DS FC: 0173-1318-0187
60. Posted: Tue 19th Jul 2011 14:36 BST
DK on the 3DS VC was my first time playing this great game. Challenging, fun, and addictive! This is the first game IN A LONG TIME that I've beaten and picked right back up and started over again. (I'm already back to world 3! Woot!)
"Everyone gets old but not everyone gets great!" - 'Nature Boy' Ric Flair
Kapp'n doesn't give a squid
All work and no play makes Zerk a dull boy.
My Bird Mania Christmas 3D review!
Nintendo Network ID: bezerker99 | Twitter: bezerker99