3DS Virtual Console Forum

Topic: Donkey Kong (GB)

Showing 121 to 137 of 137

AuthorMessage

Nintenbro

121. Posted:

I never would've thought this game could provide such an enjoyable experience, so I probably wouldn't have ever downloaded it on my own. I'd like to thank all of the NLife members who brought to my attention just how awesome this Gameboy title really is. I'd also like to thank Nintendo, for offering DK94 as a Club Nintendo reward.

Nintendo Bro
3DS FC: 3222-6658-7489

Currently waiting for Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon & Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate

AuthorMessage

Emaan

122. Posted:

@Nintenbro, I think I said something similar to this earlier, but I have to mention it again. I'm right here with you. It wouldn't have crossed my mind to get this hadn't Nintendolife given it such praise, and Club Nintendo offering it as a reward. I'm glad I got to experience such a gem! :)

I believe in make believe~
[20:48] Emaan dances the pikpik emaan;
[20:48] Sensei_PikPik does the pikpik emaan
The Emaaloggery
✰ I'm not really here that often anymore ✰

3DS Friend Code: 0559-6948-0467 | Nintendo Network ID: Emaann

AuthorMessage

djmarks23

123. Posted:

got it for free on club nintendo, got so addicted to it and beat the game, really fun and addicting.

djmarks23

AuthorMessage

Nintenbro

124. Posted:

I have been encountering some real difficulty trying to complete 4-9. After I pull the lever to access the key, how do I actually then reach the key?

Edited on by Nintenbro

Nintendo Bro
3DS FC: 3222-6658-7489

Currently waiting for Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon & Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate

AuthorMessage

iphoneblaster

125. Posted:

Thanks a lot for your information and yes i'm already buying it.Its great for me
Few days ago i got 60+ too.

Win Apple Iphone 4g Free!
Log on to...

http://win-iphone-free.tk

AuthorMessage

KAHN

126. Posted:

DK country on SNES is the greatest DK game.

KAHN

3DS Friend Code: 1032-1301-2772 | Nintendo Network ID: Milkman12

AuthorMessage

BigBluePanda

127. Posted:

Ah, I finished this yonks ago!

And kept the Restore Point on the final screen. Unsure if I'll ever change it, just to keep that sense of accomplishment!!

3DS Friend Code: 1762-2733-3685
Currently playing:
Mario Open Tennis

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

128. Posted:

I am probably going to DL this tonight with CN coins. I missed the first time around this was offered I wont make that mistake again. Only thing was wasn't this a GBC game as well or did they bring this game out on the GBC cause I could of sworn I played this game in color.

Edited on by Tasuki

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

brianvgplayer

129. Posted:

Tasuki wrote:

I am probably going to DL this tonight with CN coins. I missed the first time around this was offered I wont make that mistake again. Only thing was wasn't this a GBC game as well or did they bring this game out on the GBC cause I could of sworn I played this game in color.

It's a Super Game Boy enhanced game that plays with a border, enhanced sound (Pauline says "help, help" instead of just screaming) and limited color palettes on SNES with a Super Game Boy, but it doesn't play in full color on GBC or later.

Edited on by brianvgplayer

brianvgplayer

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

130. Posted:

brianvgplayer wrote:

Tasuki wrote:

It's a Super Game Boy enhanced game that plays with a border, enhanced sound (Pauline says "help, help" instead of just screaming) and limited color palettes on SNES with a Super Game Boy, but it doesn't play in full color on GBC or later.

Ah ok that would explain. Still I got this game and I am enjoying it a much as I did many years ago. I could only play this game in small bursts than I get to a level that I have trouble with and have to take a break and relax before trying to solve it again.

My Backlog

AuthorMessage

suburban_sensei

131. Posted:

Tasuki wrote:

Yeah, it seems like actual physical items on CN are not that great anymore (at least here in the US, anyway), and I was thinking about buying this with my coins as well. I bought Metroid II with coins last month, and it's one of my favorite titles on the GB now, so I like hearing everybody loves DK, since I have never played it.

Currently Playing:
New Super Luigi U
Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD
Earthbound

Nintendo ID: Suburban_Sensei

AuthorMessage

bezerker99

132. Posted:

For those who haven't played Donkey Kong for Gameboy: It's Excellent!!!

To get it with Club Nintendo coins is an awesome opportunity that shouldn't be passed up.

Edited on by bezerker99

"And [Sting!!!], I'm not coming to show YOU or anyone else who the better wrestler is. I'm coming...to hurt you...for real...for a long, looong time. WOOOOO!!!" - 'Nature Boy' Ric Flair
AC:NL Dream Address: 4400-2611-9546
My name in a game!!!
My Bird Mania Christmas 3D review

3DS Friend Code: 5198-2506-5820 | Nintendo Network ID: bezerker99

AuthorMessage

Undead_terror

133. Posted:

I still got to beat it, I got stuck on a level like a year ago and haven't touched it since, I think it will be fun since it's on CN now and people are most likely playing it.

I am the zombie god that controls zombie in both games and real life...FEAR ME!
Nintendo Friends website/forums I eShop Gurus I Public Chat I Random Game Thread I The graveyard (backloggery)
Currently owns Mario & Luigi Dream Team 3DS XL...no Wii U yet.

3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror

AuthorMessage

Klimbatize

134. Posted:

Yeah, Donkey Kong '94 is one of the best puzzle platformers you'll ever play. One of the best Gameboy games, that's for sure.

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs. It's jolted by every pebble on the road.

3DS FC: 1332 7785 4494

AuthorMessage

Zeldalover

135. Posted:

I did beat it again a couple months ago and on Activity Log it says I beat it for exactly 5 hours. This is the 2nd Game Boy game that I've rated with a pure 10/10 right after Link's Awakening. And I think it totally deserves it, because it never got me bored for a second. I really like the level designs and how it continued to introduce new gameplay elements all the way to the very end. A true masterpiece in my opinion. Pokemon Red/Blue stand at number 3 with a 9.0 out of 10.

A must-buy for any 3DS owner.

Zeldalover

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

136. Posted:

Yeah I have to say I am having fun with this one. And I agree if you have the coins and dont have this game and have a 3DS you definitely need to pick it up.

My Backlog

AuthorMessage

suburban_sensei

137. Posted:

After downloading from CN, and spending a little time with the game since my last post (a few posts up), I must say this game is slowly becoming one of my favorite titles I never played. I think the pick-up-and-play aspect of it is phenomenal, and the level design is top notch.

Currently Playing:
New Super Luigi U
Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD
Earthbound

Nintendo ID: Suburban_Sensei