3DS Virtual Console Forum

Topic: Donkey Kong (GB)

Showing 101 to 120 of 137

AuthorMessage

Lan

101. Posted:

LordJumpMad wrote:

I'm a little shock, how good this game is, can't beileve I miss it as a kid.
Its way more fun then MariovsDK on the GBA, the controls are really top-noch for an old game.
I really didn't think this game was going to be this good, now I wish I played it as a kid. Best 100 coins I ever spent.

glad you got it! i thought pretty much the same thing you did

Lots of censorship here...
3DS: 1676-4603-1823
Dragon friend safari

Nintendo Network ID: Dylan1

AuthorMessage

Chunky_Droid

102. Posted:

Donkey Kong '94 is an epic classic!

Feel free to add me to any of the listed consoles or services here :D just let me know who you are!

3DS Friend Code: 4554-0236-4791 | Nintendo Network ID: Chunky_Droid | Twitter: chunky_droid

AuthorMessage

Nintenbro

103. Posted:

G4L wrote:

I'm a little bit embarrassed to ask this, but how the hell do you reach the key in world 2 level 1? :)

Come on guys! As popular as this game is, somebody easily has to know. I haven't even bothered to try playing this game anymore, because running through the same level over and over isn't much fun. What am I overlooking!?

Nintendo Bro
3DS FC: 3222-6658-7489

Currently waiting for Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon & Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate

AuthorMessage

Morpheel

104. Posted:

I don't even remember what that level looks like, sorry.

Oops, no username pun.

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

AuthorMessage

bezerker99

105. Posted:

G4L wrote:

G4L wrote:

I'm a little bit embarrassed to ask this, but how the hell do you reach the key in world 2 level 1? :)

[/div]

Come on guys! As popular as this game is, somebody easily has to know. I haven't even bothered to try playing this game anymore, because running through the same level over and over isn't much fun. What am I overlooking!?

I turned on my 3DS and opened up DK'94 in hopes of trying to help you............only to discover all of my saved data and Restore Point were erased, gone, outta there :o

:'( :'( :'(

"Everybody gets old, but not everybody gets great!" - 'Nature Boy' Ric Flair
My name in a video game.

3DS Friend Code: 5198-2506-5820 | Nintendo Network ID: bezerker99

AuthorMessage

Nintenbro

106. Posted:

Wow! That sucks @bezerker99. I wonder how that happened.

Nintendo Bro

Currently waiting for Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon & Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate

AuthorMessage

Philip_J_Reed

107. Posted:

G4L wrote:

G4L wrote:

[/div]

[/div]

[/div]

I actually just replayed the entire game this past weekend...remind me what's in the level and maybe I can help you from memory. Otherwise I'll have to open it up and get back to you later.

EDIT: nm, I looked up the stage. To reach the key you just climb the ladder and throw the switch and a bridge will appear. Unless I'm looking at the wrong thing!

Edited on by Philip_J_Reed

NL Forum Moderator / Part-Time Reviewer / One-Track Lover
Noiseless Chatter, my pop culture blog that will change your life
Wii U Account: ChickenBrutus (add me!)
Mega Man No Damage Runs, and more

Twitter: NoNoiseChitChat

AuthorMessage

Nintenbro

108. Posted:

Yeah, there's a switch @Chicken_Brutus. I was unable to figure out how to activate it.

Nintendo Bro

AuthorMessage

Philip_J_Reed

109. Posted:

G4L wrote:

Yeah, there's a switch @Chicken_Brutus. I was unable to figure out how to activate it.

[/div]

Ah, okay! You need to "grab" it. I think it's the B button. Just get next to it, press and hold B, and then — still holding it — move Mario in the direction you wish to flip the switch.

I hope this helps!

Edited on by Philip_J_Reed

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

110. Posted:

bezerker99 wrote:

G4L wrote:

G4L wrote:

[/div]

[/div]

[/div]

I turned on my 3DS and opened up DK'94 in hopes of trying to help you............only to discover all of my saved data and Restore Point were erased, gone, outta there :o

:'( :'( :'(

Look on the bright side. Now you have a reason to replay this great game!

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

Nintenbro

111. Posted:

Yes, that does help @Chicken_Brutus. Thank you, very much. :)

Nintendo Bro

AuthorMessage

Emaan

112. Posted:

I'm on Desert 5-2. I keep getting stuck in random areas :O

I believe in make believe~
[20:48] Emaan dances the pikpik emaan;
[20:48] Sensei_PikPik does the pikpik emaan
The Emaaloggery
✰ I'm not really here that often anymore :c ✰

3DS Friend Code: 0559-6948-0467 | Nintendo Network ID: Emaann

AuthorMessage

Nintenbro

113. Posted:

I believe I'm stuck in World 4 on level 2. I can't figure out how to reach the second elevated platform. I tried grabbing the tails of the monkeys or whatever they are, but that wasn't working either.

Nintendo Bro

AuthorMessage

SamuraiShyGuy

114. Posted:

@G4L, I don't have a clue what level that is (I'm not even sure what world I'm in) but don't forget about your hand stand jump and back flip.

3DS: 0173-1626-4750
Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
Check out my Colors!3D gallery!

AuthorMessage

Nintenbro

115. Posted:

Oh, I tried the handstand jump and the back flip, but I was still unable to reach the second platform. I'm not sure if they're monkeys or what they are exactly, but they have long tails that hang down. That's why I thought I could swing across by their tails, because they just appeared like they would serve a purpose of some sort. I believe world four is a forest.

Edited on by Nintenbro

Nintendo Bro

AuthorMessage

jose213

116. Posted:

hey how do i add friends here is my friend code 343738175251

Edited on by jose213

3437-3817-5251

games:
kid icurus upriseing
:):): ):)

AuthorMessage

Philip_J_Reed

117. Posted:

G4L wrote:

Oh, I tried the handstand jump and the back flip, but I was still unable to reach the second platform. I'm not sure if they're monkeys or what they are exactly, but they have long tails that hang down. That's why I thought I could swing across by their tails, because they just appeared like they would serve a purpose of some sort. I believe world four is a forest.

I didn't check the level specifically, but you can hang from the monkeys' tails. I really can't say why you're having trouble grabbing them...I think you can just jump into one of the tails and press up, but I don't remember for sure. Keep at it though! You're on the right track...just need to get a hang of the controls!

AuthorMessage

Nintenbro

118. Posted:

Thanks again @Chicken_Brutus! Yeah, I'm not having much trouble at all understanding the puzzle/level designs themselves. I'm just having less significant problems trying to figure out all of the controls. lol

Nintendo Bro

AuthorMessage

rosebud

119. Posted:

Nintenbro wrote:

Thanks again @Chicken_Brutus! Yeah, I'm not having much trouble at all understanding the puzzle/level designs themselves. I'm just having less significant problems trying to figure out all of the controls. lol

Yeah, I had trouble with controls at first as well. Once I got used to them, this game became awesome. I finished it about a week ago and didn't use save states until the final world. One of the best I have played for GB.

My Backloggery

AuthorMessage

TheConsiglio

120. Posted:

I got the parasol, purse, and hat in every stage I could get them in.

Just a nintendo fan who found his way to this site.
3DS FRIEND CODE: 4725-8421-9790

I am a trusted gamer who never cheats.

Twitter: @Kyle Consiglio