Forums

Topic: Could Nintendo Make GBA VC Games Available to the Public?

Posts 1 to 13 of 13

Link245

Hey everyone, I was wondering if you guys think if Nintendo will ever release GBA VC games to the public. Think about it, all the games we could get outside of the 10 Ambassador games. Plus, Nintendo said they don't CURRENTLY have plans to release the games to the public, so there is a chance.

Currently Playing:
Xbox 360: Arkham City, MW3, Gears 3, UMV3, Battlefield 3
PS3: inFAMOUS 2, LBP 2. Rachet & Clank: All 4 One, Uncharted 3, Resistance 3
Xperia Play: Crash Bandicoot
iOS: Sonic CD, Infinity Blade, Arkham City Lockdown, Mega Man X, Chrono Trigger

Link245

Mickeymac wrote:

Could they? Yes.
Will they? If they like money they will.

Exactly. I think this could make a profit, so I don't see why not.

Currently Playing:
Xbox 360: Arkham City, MW3, Gears 3, UMV3, Battlefield 3
PS3: inFAMOUS 2, LBP 2. Rachet & Clank: All 4 One, Uncharted 3, Resistance 3
Xperia Play: Crash Bandicoot
iOS: Sonic CD, Infinity Blade, Arkham City Lockdown, Mega Man X, Chrono Trigger

LzWinky

Not for a while anyway

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

theblackdragon

Mickeymac wrote:

Could they? Yes.
Will they? If they like money they will.

idk, they've proven before that they don't like money, so i wouldn't rely on that line of logic :3

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

bboy2970

I would be shocked if they weren't available to the public eventually but I wouldn't expect it any time soon. I'm really pulling for it even though I'm an ambassador. The 10 games they're giving us are nice but the sooner they're made available to everyone, the sooner we can get more of them released :3

My backloggery: http://backloggery.com/bboy2970

Tasuki

I honestly dont know.

On one hand Nintendo has done things they said they werent going to do in the past. For example they said the the Super Mario All Stars Wii Anniversary package was only going to be released once but after demand was high enough they went back on what they said and released it again a few months later.

On the other hand though when it comes to the VC I dont know what Nintendo is thinking half of the time when it seems that a game should come out they come up with all kinds of stupid excuses.

If they do come out on the VC great if not well I still have a DS lite and a GBA so if I have to I will just get the cartridges.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Birdman

It would be nice if they released more GBA games than just the 10 Ambassador games, whether or not they also remain Ambassador exclusive or not. I'd much rather have a old, proven great game than a new, yet-to-be-determined-good-or-not gamble.

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8643-6062

Geonjaha

I doubt it. The chance of them releasing any other GBA titles apart from the 10 is extreamly low; seeing as how lazy they're being with the service (All GB games, only 1 GBC?). The chance of them releasing the 10 to the public is also very low seeing as how outrageous the prices would look. Most of us see that £3.60 is already a lot for a GB game (especially when they could of released the GBC one instead). £5.40 for the one GBC game on the eShop is quite nasty (Other GBC titles probably wont sell as well as Links Awakening if Nintendo actually released them).

By this continual price increases, seeing as GBA games are much more of an advance from GBC than it was from GB, these games may be costing the public at least £8.00 (8*10 = £80 worth of games --> Would Non-Ambassadors complain then?).
Sorry Guys, I rambled on a bit there :3

Geonjaha

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6645-7215

Tasuki

Actually if you count Four Swords Adventure thats coming out here in a few weeks that will be a total of 11 GBA games that will have released.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

lockelocke

Considering that it makes so much sense to sell the GBA games to the public, it's doubtful that Nintendo will do it.

I've found this to be repeatedly true.

i_am_error
3DS FC: 5198 - 2459 - 3589
backlockelockery

KingMike

As to only releasing one GBC game so far (two in Japan), they have to really spread them out if they want to support the GBC on VC longer than they supported the actual GBC (which only had about 2 good years, so it had a much smaller library to choose from).

KingMike

TheUnknownGame

They should have them available to the public. I mean, c'mon, there is a ton a of great games on the system and it's a great opportunity for those who missed out on the GBA.

No one knows what kind of games I play!!

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.