Forums

Topic: Can You Transfer 3DS VC Games Between Two Systems?

Posts 1 to 18 of 18

Link245

Just wondering.

Currently Playing:
Xbox 360: Arkham City, MW3, Gears 3, UMV3, Battlefield 3
PS3: inFAMOUS 2, LBP 2. Rachet & Clank: All 4 One, Uncharted 3, Resistance 3
Xperia Play: Crash Bandicoot
iOS: Sonic CD, Infinity Blade, Arkham City Lockdown, Mega Man X, Chrono Trigger

3DS

Yes you can I promises you that you can.............................................................................After a Future Update.

Edited on by 3DS

Conduit 2 = 2150-8520-4215 - Nickname = Conor
3DS = 0817-3849-1308. Name = [NL] 3DS
Goldeneye FC = 2768-9180-5064 Nickname = [NL] 3DS
Skype = Conor3000

Tasuki

I am not quite sure what you mean but if you mean like if you buy Mario Land for example and you want to transfer it to another 3DS that you have you cant. The system you buy it on is the system it stays on.

The only way I know you can transfer it to another 3DS is if you send it into Nintendo like if your 3DS is broken they will transfer what you have from the broken one to a new one. At least thats what they did with the Wii.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Link245

How do you do it?

Currently Playing:

theblackdragon

Last i knew, the feature allowing you to transfer 3DS titles to from system to system is coming with a later system update.

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

Tasuki

theblackdragon wrote:

Last i knew, the feature allowing you to transfer 3DS titles to from system to system is coming with a later system update.

Really???? I didnt know that? I wish you can transfer VC games from one Wii to another like that.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

theblackdragon

@Tasuki: it's in the Options menu iirc, the same option that allowed you to transfer games from the DSi to the 3DS has an option to transfer games from a 3DS, but when you tap it it says that functionality will come with a later update.

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

pntjr

theblackdragon wrote:

Well in that case, my friend's cousin's friend buys allot of VC so he can send his data to his friend who can send it to his cousin who can send it to me. THERE'S FREEWARE EVERYWHERE!

3DS: 4596-9579-9606
The BackLoggery of Zelda!
Wii: 5236-6857-3124-9818
PSN: pntjr

3DS Friend Code: 4596-9579-9606 | Nintendo Network ID: pntjrx | Twitter:

Odnetnin

pntjr wrote:

theblackdragon wrote:

Well in that case, my friend's cousin's friend buys allot of VC so he can send his data to his friend who can send it to his cousin who can send it to me. THERE'S FREEWARE EVERYWHERE!

Limited number of transfers, dood.

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter:

TheNintendOtaku

I doubt it would let you continuously send games to other units, more likely it moves the data entirely, removing it from the old system. Of course, this is only a guess.

TheNintendOtaku

KingMike

Yes, the option is most likely going to be used to transfer an entire account from one system to another.

KingMike

Link245

Ok, I want some of my friends GB games. Can he redownload the games?

Currently Playing:

Link245

Cipher wrote:

Link245 wrote:

You can't just transfer some games from one system to another. Your only option is to transfer absolutely everything - games, save data, the lot - from one system to another.

Yes, but can he redownload everything?

Currently Playing:

DarkLloyd

Link245 wrote:

Cipher wrote:

Link245 wrote:

You can't just transfer some games from one system to another. Your only option is to transfer absolutely everything - games, save data, the lot - from one system to another.

to put it simply once anything or everything is transfered your freind loses the license to redownload them because its taken off the systems download list

DarkLloyd

Cipher

Link245 wrote:

Cipher wrote:

Link245 wrote:

Not for free, no. You'd essentially be moving all of his data to your system, so he'd have to start with a completely clean slate. That would mean reconfiguring all his settings, software and so on, and if he wanted to download games from Nintendo eShop again he'd have to pay for them again. He'd also lose his Ambassador status if he had it before and he'd lose the right to those twenty games.

Martyn

Link245 wrote:

Cipher wrote:

Link245 wrote:

No. There's one copy of the games. When you transfer them, they aren't available on the old system anymore unless bought again.
Pretty obvious.

Martyn

Kagamine

Also your 3DS would be overwitten with his data. at least thats what i gather from various sources. His 3DS becomes a clean Slate, yours becomes his, and all your old data goes poof. I may be wrong on the Poof part though. Also no partial transfers, its all or nothing.

3DS friend code: 1332-7705-6324Previous Usernames: Bossmank
Some_Chords

"Love your ego, you won't feel a thing, always number one, the pen with a bent wrist crooked king, sign away our peace, for your war, one word and it's over." ~ Deadmau5

Nintendo Network ID: bossmank

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.