Topic: 2014 = Year of the Game Boy?

Posts 1 to 20 of 28

CrazyOtto

2010 = Year of Super Mario Bros
2011 = Year of Zelda
2012 = Year of Kirby
2013 = Year of Luigi
2014 = Year of the Game Boy?

All of the celebrations from 2010-2013 were from anniversaries, and 2014 will have the 25th anniversary of the Game Boy. I think it would be great to see Nintendo celebrate this.

CrazyOtto

3DS Friend Code: 4511-0465-7453 | Nintendo Network ID: MrSRArter

iphys

. . . with colour palette options. I didn't wait 25 years just so I could play GB games on a pea soup display all over again.

http://backloggery.com/iphys

3DS Friend Code: 1504-5686-7557 | Nintendo Network ID: iphys_eh

CrazyOtto

iphys wrote:

. . . with colour palette options. I didn't wait 25 years just so I could play GB games on a pea soup display all over again.

While I would like color palettes as well, I think Download Play for Game Boy and Game Boy Color games are needed more, Sega and M2 do it with their Game Gear games, so there's no excuse for GB/GBC VC games games to not have it as well.

CrazyOtto

19Robb92

Nah, it'll be the "Year of Yoshi". We have both Yarn Yoshi & Yoshi's new Island coming, it's pretty perfect.

Looking forward to: No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

NinChocolate

I want a 3Dified GB game!

NinChocolate

GuSolarFlare

I hope it ends being either the Year of Fox, Year of Samus, year of Fire Emblem, year of "let's localize all the mother series", Year of DK, Year of"let's revive old IPs", year of newcomers(new franchises!) or Year of Captain falcon!

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
now working at IBM as helpdesk analyst
my Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

Obito_Sigma

I hope that it's the year of Ice Climbers. It's about to be 29 years since the NES game came... 29th Anniversary Ice Climbers 3D Adventure confirmed. Or better yet, the year of Half Life with a new 2014 Half Life U game.

Friend Code: SW-6500-0179-5813

Super Smash Bros Mains:
Kirby, King Dedede, Mega Man

3DS Friend Code: 2852-9754-3135 | Twitter:

CrazyOtto

Obito_Tennyson wrote:

the year of Half Life with a new 2014 Half Life U game.

There will never be a console exclusive Half Life game, PC is Valve's main platform.

CrazyOtto

Obito_Sigma

MrSRArter wrote:

Obito_Tennyson wrote:

There will never be a console exclusive Half Life game, PC is Valve's main platform.

... facepalm

Friend Code: SW-6500-0179-5813

Super Smash Bros Mains:
Kirby, King Dedede, Mega Man

3DS Friend Code: 2852-9754-3135 | Twitter:

Undead_terror

I would love it if they would release a 3ds done in game boy style with grey system, red buttons and so on and if they could release a bunch of games that people want, but that is my dream.

Sp00ky scary skeleton back to play games and dew other fine things indead!
The Graveyard (Backloggery) l Nintendo ID: Undead_terror

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

OptometristLime

MrSRArter wrote:

Obito_Tennyson wrote:

Untitled

You are what you eat from your head to your feet.

KingBoo01

Year of Chibi-Robo!

clash of clans; faded witches 2
Currently own: Gamecube,Wii,Wii U,PSONE,PS2,PS3,Game & Watch Ball,Gameboy,Gameboy Micro,White DS Lite,DSI,Mario edition DSI XL,3DS, NOOK Tablet,Xbox 360,HP Laptop(excellently plays Steam games),Nook HD,iPad Air,iPhone 4s,PSP 3000,Sony Vaio, and Desktop...

3DS Friend Code: 0860-3284-5329 | Nintendo Network ID: Piplup22301

LzWinky

Well the 3DS already has a Game Boy and it has a lot of major releases already. What else could Nintendo do?

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Kyloctopus

Forget year of the Gameboy
Make it Year of Super Smash Bros.
Smash Bros. almost came out 15 years ago. Everyone loves it, and 2 more games are planned to release next year as well.

Edited on by Kyloctopus

Kyloctopus

3DS Friend Code: 4897-5952-1236 | Nintendo Network ID: Kyloctopus | Twitter:

Geonjaha

iphys wrote:

Amen to this.

Geonjaha

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6645-7215

DarkEdi

Maybe if they can update all GB VC games to use like if we are playing the Super GB in our 3DS. (palette colors, frames like GameGear games, etc).

Me gusta jugar videojuegos. Soy de México. Sorry my english grammar. I love the Virtual Console, party and fighting games too.

Nintendo Network ID: edi_tena

GuSolarFlare

Titanics wrote:

Forget year of the Gameboy
Make it Year of Super Smash Bros.
Smash Bros. almost came out 15 years ago. Everyone loves it, and 2 more games are planned to release next year as well.

this!

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
now working at IBM as helpdesk analyst
my Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

Freelance

iphys wrote:

No thanks. I'd rather they remain the same as they were originally. I'd actually would rather play LA in 'pea soup' than in colour. Do you not like B&W movies too?

Edited on by Freelance

Freelance

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.