Forums

Topic: Zero Escape 3

Posts 101 to 114 of 114

Ralizah

edhe wrote:

I'm getting through it. Apart from that early game puzzle I just couldn't understand, I've managed to get through without consulting a guide.

Oh, apart from that damned laser puzzle in the reactor room. If anyone is struggling on that, I can provide the solution.

Did anyone else have trouble with it? I found it particularly tricky, because I have colour blindness, and couldn't tell the difference between a tiny yellow dash and a tiny green (it's always lime green in these games!) dash. I had read a tip that said you needed to sort out the yellow laser first, but I just couldn't tell which input was the yellow one...

No problems here, but I'm also not color blind.

I only used a guide at one point in the game. There's a puzzle in the biolab involving specimens in jars and pill containers that had me confused for hours. I was at the point where I would have just methodically tried every possible solution and, honestly, at that point, I'd rather just look up the answer instead of wasting more time. Once I did see how bafflingly simple the answer was, I felt like an idiot the rest of the day.

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

edhe

I had to look up a hint one last time before beating it later that day (in truth, I beat the game on Friday), but this was more to do with advancing the story so I could pick a new fragment.

In short, I needed three passwords, and I sussed out the first two, but I could not work out how to get the third one. The key to progressing is to complete all fragments by exploring ways your various decisions play out.

I got pretty close to the end without seeing 2 of the 3 execution cutscenes (initially, I had only seen Q team's one), so I'd have to go to the voting segments again, and explicitly chose particular votes so I could witness the cutscenes, and trigger the other fragments.

In doing so, I was able to unlock several fragments to advance the plot.

Now comes a spoiler for the big twist - don't read unless you've 100% completed the game:

Where you are supposed to identify Zero (as Delta, the deaf-blind wheelchair bound member of Q-team who at that point had never been referenced), I had a bit of fun throwing out names, but in the end I lucked out by typing in 'Delta'. Were you supposed to make a wild guess, or was there some sort of clue as to what to type - I'm not the most observant person when it comes to things like this, and I missed the massive flag where, as Q (Sean), you can tell Eric Q (you?) killed Mira, at which point he pauses and says "...that's clearly impossible." and shoots you (though I think I was a bit confused, but just took it as crazy Eric being crazy).
Also, with Mira being an axe-crazy murderer (how many did she kill apart from that lady in the good ending universe though?), are we to assume Eric will probably meet a grisly fate? I did feel sorry for him - he was my favourite character along with Diane - even though he spent a lot of the game holding a shotgun, having a mental breakdown.

Nethertheless, I was able to beat the game without resorting to online help too much (three times), and I'm quite proud of myself. I did find myself having to consult the internet several times in the previous game (and thanks to a lack of map, a walkthough for the best ending of 999), and I found cracking the puzzles in this game deeply satisfying.
I will have to try playing all three again, but that'll have to be for another day.

Edited on by edhe

My Backloggery.
Follow a cow?

Switch Friend Code: SW-6650-8335-1908 | 3DS Friend Code: 4682-8598-1260

Ralizah

@edhe
With regard to Zero's identity, it was pretty easy for me considering Zero talks about being born in the shelter. There was only one person it could have been, considering Phi is already accounted for. As to clues about Q's existence... they're all over the place. The marketing might call Sean "Q," but they never actually call him that in game. In Mira's ending, if you try to have Sean shoot himself, it says you can't commit suicide, but if you type "Q," it says that you don't know his real name. There is at least one point in the game where somebody talks about Q being blind and helpless when he was being killed. There are other, more subtle hints, but those are big ones that stuck out to me. Granted, the series has already done this gradual foreshadowing of a big reveal in the past (remember Sigma constantly being called "senile" and "grandpa" through VLR?), so I wasn't really surprised. I think that the big reason the revelation about Sigma was much more surprising to me was primarily because, outside of some weird, off-hand comments, the game didn't really call much attention to Sigma's identity, whereas Q's identity is a gigantic question mark from the very beginning of the game. You know something is up with him from the start.

Edited on by Ralizah

Tobiaku

Don't know why the spoiler filter don't work.

Did I just stumble upon a scene I was not supposed to see yet?
I just finished the Stranded pair ending, and was able to guess what Team D was supposed to put in the red box (turn off or whatever it was named.) since Phi was their daughter, and I had another possible ending in the office where Team Q shoot, I wrote Delta. And Somehow Eric knew Q's name was Sean??? I can't say I recall Sean know his name before Zero tells him, and I sure don't recall he telling it to Eric! No spoiler please, I just want to know if I was supposed to know it or not yet. So now, I think my current possibilities to avdcance the story is Team C's red box, Team Q's computerpassword or The door of truth with Team D.

Edited on by Tobiaku

Tobiaku

3DS Friend Code: 1977-0291-4355

Ralizah

@tobibra The spoiler tag doesn't seem to work if you break the tagged section into paragraphs. Just connect that last sentence to the previous paragraph and you should be good.

And for your information, I did the exact same thing. We saw the ending sooner than we were supposed to (Delta's true role in the game hasn't been formally established at the point you're at), but it's no big deal.

edhe

@tobibra @Ralizah Me too, funnily enough.

I actually thought it was a gag ending, and 'Q' shot 'me' or the player. Strange how the camera angle seems to suggest that.

As for spoilers, that's why I always test mine - except this time, because I'm feeling daring.

My Backloggery.
Follow a cow?

Switch Friend Code: SW-6650-8335-1908 | 3DS Friend Code: 4682-8598-1260

Ralizah

@edhe Considering ??? from VLR had yet to be addressed and the fact that certain previous Uchikoshi games have actually broached the idea of player agency as an in-game story element in a significant way, I also thought the character shot by Sean was meant to be a stand-in for the player.

Tobiaku

Finished the game last night, without any help for puzzles or passwords. Thought I did use help twice, for the point and click parts. (There was two times I had absolutely no idea what to click on, andit felt lick I had clicked on everything several times)

Favorite character: Carlos.

After the stranded pair I was able to guess Delta was behind it all, thanks to the big family portrait. Althought, I had no idea he was in the same room as them

I'm currently rewatching the cutscenes in english without the subtitles. Only so far I think is really fitting is Zero, but I had to turn down the background music to hear him. No Idea why he speaks so low in the english version.

Tobiaku

3DS Friend Code: 1977-0291-4355

Vinny

Not gonna lie, the game did disappoint me a bit because of some important omissions, but I'm glad we got a conclusion to the series.

This is a great year for adventure fans. We got ZTD, and there will be AA: Spirit of Justice and Chase (that game that is like Hotel Dusk) later this year.

This blue eye perceives all things conjoined. The past, the future, and the present. Everything flows and all is connected. This eye is not merely seen reality. It is touching the truth. Open the eye of truth... There is nothing to fear.

PSN: mrgomes2004

Ralizah

@Vinny It's definitely the weakest entry in the trilogy, but it's still a pretty solid game taken on its own terms. Definitely one of my top 5 games for the year.

Xyphon22

I'm playing through this right now and am enjoying it. I think the decisions you have to make are the weakest of the series as some of them are completely obvious what you are supposed to do, and then you just have to go back later and make the other choice anyways. Also, am I the only one who has gotten stuck in this game a lot more than even in 999? I don't mean in puzzle rooms, I mean I am currently at a place where I have absolutely no idea what to do next because all my paths have hit dead ends. This has happened a number of times, so I'm sure I'll figure it out eventually like all the other times. At this point 999 is still my favorite but I probably like this one better than VLR, although most people's problem with it seems to be the ending which I haven't reached yet (well, I've reached 3 of them, just not the final one).

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

Xyphon22

I finally got through and finished this last night. I'm torn on where it stands compared to VLR (999 is still the best). I liked the gameplay in this one better, but I thought the story was a little worse, and story is the main part of these games. I, however, actually liked the ending better than VLR's, mostly because I could at least follow it whereas I mostly had no idea what was going on at the end of VLR.

Xyphon22

Ralizah

@Xyphon22 What confused you about VLR's ending?

Xyphon22

@Ralizah Well, to be perfectly honest, before I started this game I actually had to go online and look up what happened in VLR because I couldn't remember. After I read about it it all came back to me, but I guess that it had that little effect on my says something about it. But mostly I just remember at the end, in the garden area after you find out who all of the people are, there was like a 30 minute dialogue that was just full of 10-syllable scientific and technological mumbo-jumbo that I didn't understand what they were talking about at all. I do understand the gist of what happened and what they were doing, just not the process of how they did it, I guess.

Xyphon22

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.