3DS Forum

Topic: Zelda: A Link Between Worlds can potentially destroy the Zelda Timeline!

Showing 1 to 20 of 84

AuthorMessage
Avatar

KAHN

KAHN

3DS Friend Code: 1032-1301-2772 | Nintendo Network ID: Milkman12

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Mickey

2. Posted:

Or it might just change the timeline... that can happen.

Formerly MickeyTheGreat and MickMick. Now I'm Mickey again!

The Mousekeloggery

Galaxy Bio (by Dark-Luigi!)

If we've gotten into an argument, it's okay. I'm probably not holding a grudge against you. Why? Because I like you!

If you have a problem with Miley Cyrus, you are lost.

Nintendo Network ID: MickeyTheGreat | Twitter: TheMercuryMouse

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Uriel_PikpikVII

3. Posted:

Or... the Zelda games, are as originally intended, different tellings of the same story.

Play Dysfunctional Systems. Seriously. Do it now!

3DS Friend Code: 5155-2977-9232 | Nintendo Network ID: Popo_man

AuthorMessage
Avatar

OptometristLime

4. Posted:

I disagree with your headline but agree to your last sentence, which you might consider making more prominent.

CanisWolfred wrote:

Obviously you guys have been watching too much Anime. Maybe Link will photosythesis, too?.

You are what you eat from your head to your feet.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

KAHN

5. Posted:

Mickey wrote:

Or it might just change the timeline... that can happen.

i don't really see that as an option. the timeline is so long and complicated now that it's virtually impossible to move one game to a different spot in the timeline without having to rewrite history and change the events in each game. if the triforce isn't complete, than the oracle games have nowhere to go, except maybe the adult timeline, and even then you have to take Links Awakening with the oracle games, because those games are tied like LttP and the oracle games are.

Edited on by KAHN

KAHN

3DS Friend Code: 1032-1301-2772 | Nintendo Network ID: Milkman12

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Nightwalker

6. Posted:

To be honest, I don't care (at all) about the accuracy of the timeline, as long as the games themselves are great. :)

Only a Sith deals in absolutes!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

KaiserGX

7. Posted:

Pinkie_Pikpik wrote:

Or... the Zelda games, are as originally intended, different tellings of the same story.

The first 4 Zelda games want a word with you.

Kachou on!

3DS Friend Code: 4296-4029-9396 | Nintendo Network ID: KaiserGX

AuthorMessage
Avatar

KAHN

8. Posted:

Pinkie_Pikpik wrote:

Or... the Zelda games, are as originally intended, different tellings of the same story.

nintendo has gone out several times saying that there is an official timeline (they even printed it in a book), but i still see this as a possibility, though theorist nuts like myself will always see the franchise with a timeline whether nintendo wants us to or not ;)

KAHN

3DS Friend Code: 1032-1301-2772 | Nintendo Network ID: Milkman12

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Uriel_PikpikVII

9. Posted:

@KAHN I know there's a timeline, I have the HH. I'm just saying that the games weren't made with the timeline in mind until much later.

Play Dysfunctional Systems. Seriously. Do it now!

3DS Friend Code: 5155-2977-9232 | Nintendo Network ID: Popo_man

AuthorMessage
Avatar

KaiserGX

10. Posted:

Again... the first 4 games... Did ANYONE read the manuals when they bought the games? Or follow the in-game story text intros?

Edited on by KaiserGX

Kachou on!

3DS Friend Code: 4296-4029-9396 | Nintendo Network ID: KaiserGX

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Uriel_PikpikVII

11. Posted:

Those weren't made with a branching, 3 path timeline in mind.

Play Dysfunctional Systems. Seriously. Do it now!

3DS Friend Code: 5155-2977-9232 | Nintendo Network ID: Popo_man

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Mickey

12. Posted:

KAHN wrote:

Mickey wrote:

Or it might just change the timeline... that can happen.

i don't really see that as an option. the timeline is so long and complicated now that it's virtually impossible to move one game to a different spot in the timeline without having to rewrite history. if the triforce isn't complete, than the oracle games have nowhere to go, except maybe the adult timeline, and even then you have to take Links Awakening with the oracle games, because those games are tied like LttP and the oracle games are.

Well I personally think that they could just change something from the timeline. Or they could (like you said) make another Oracles game to make sense of all this. Either way, and I hate when people say things like this but it needs to be said, Nintendo (or more specifically, Miyamoto) just doesn't care about the timeline all that much. They see the Zelda series as games first and stories second. They'll think up some flimsy way of tying it all together and call it a day. I'm not really invested in the Zelda timeline so you can take my opinion with a container of salt. I just wanted to say what I thought about it.

Formerly MickeyTheGreat and MickMick. Now I'm Mickey again!

The Mousekeloggery

Galaxy Bio (by Dark-Luigi!)

If we've gotten into an argument, it's okay. I'm probably not holding a grudge against you. Why? Because I like you!

If you have a problem with Miley Cyrus, you are lost.

Nintendo Network ID: MickeyTheGreat | Twitter: TheMercuryMouse

AuthorMessage
Avatar

KAHN

13. Posted:

Pinkie_Pikpik wrote:

@KAHN I know there's a timeline, I have the HH. I'm just saying that the games weren't made with the timeline in mind until much later.

makes sense, up until the third installment will i defend that statement though. i understand a prequel and sequel being made with no official timeline, but when you hit the fourth installment, i will laugh if you say they still hadn't created the timeline.

KAHN

3DS Friend Code: 1032-1301-2772 | Nintendo Network ID: Milkman12

AuthorMessage
Avatar

KaiserGX

14. Posted:

You're saying there's no timeline... not there's no branch in the timeline. Nothing gets written ahead of time, this happens as you go along. Not even Star Wars was all written at once.

Kachou on!

3DS Friend Code: 4296-4029-9396 | Nintendo Network ID: KaiserGX

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Uriel_PikpikVII

15. Posted:

KaiserGX wrote:

You're saying there's no timeline... not there's no branch in the timeline. Nothing gets written ahead of time, this happens as you go along. Not even Star Wars was all written at once.

Thank you for conveying what I meant... I suck with words.

Play Dysfunctional Systems. Seriously. Do it now!

3DS Friend Code: 5155-2977-9232 | Nintendo Network ID: Popo_man

AuthorMessage
Avatar

KAHN

16. Posted:

Mickey wrote:

Well I personally think that they could just change something from the timeline. Or they could (like you said) make another Oracles game to make sense of all this.

alright, but even if they make another game to explain the plothole, there's still the time we must wait until said game comes out.

Mickey wrote:

Nintendo (or more specifically, Miyamoto) just doesn't care about the timeline all that much. They see the Zelda series as games first and stories second. They'll think up some flimsy way of tying it all together and call it a day. I'm not really invested in the Zelda timeline so you can take my opinion with a container of salt. I just wanted to say what I thought about it.

true, but i think if you're going to even bother tying the games together, it should at least make sense. i love the gameplay of zelda, but i also love the story behind it all.

KAHN

3DS Friend Code: 1032-1301-2772 | Nintendo Network ID: Milkman12

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

17. Posted:

Fine by me. I hate that whole Timeline bit.

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Avatar

KaiserGX

18. Posted:

Anouma cares about the timeline. Miyamoto is not the only person that works when making these games.

Also the reason we even have a timeline is BECAUSE they don't put too much focus on the story. Remember in an interview they said they don't want to re-create a whole new universe every time for every game. So they just keep it on the same universe and add to it. Takes far less time.

Edited on by KaiserGX

Kachou on!

3DS Friend Code: 4296-4029-9396 | Nintendo Network ID: KaiserGX

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Mickey

19. Posted:

@KAHN I never said it won't make sense, I said they'll find a flimsy way of tying it all together.

Formerly MickeyTheGreat and MickMick. Now I'm Mickey again!

The Mousekeloggery

Galaxy Bio (by Dark-Luigi!)

If we've gotten into an argument, it's okay. I'm probably not holding a grudge against you. Why? Because I like you!

If you have a problem with Miley Cyrus, you are lost.

Nintendo Network ID: MickeyTheGreat | Twitter: TheMercuryMouse

AuthorMessage
Avatar

KAHN

20. Posted:

Mickey wrote:

@KAHN I never said it won't make sense, I said they'll find a flimsy way of tying it all together.

oh, well you are right in this sense i suppose.

KAHN

3DS Friend Code: 1032-1301-2772 | Nintendo Network ID: Milkman12