3DS Forum

Topic: Zelda 3DS (working title)

Showing 1 to 20 of 34

AuthorMessage
Avatar

6ch6ris6

1. Posted:

as you all know nintendo wont just be doing remakes like zelda OoT.
so what are your wishes for the next new zelda handheld game?

i only played a few zelda titles so i am not an expert^^

i would love to see the graphics of wind waker. i mean the celshading style. they used it for the 2 ds titles. i am pretty sure that the zelda 3ds will be in 3D and not in a top down perspective like all the other zelda handheld games (except OoT remake).
i really hope it wont take place in the hyrule we all know from OoT or TP or ALttP. you know twighlight princess was my first zelda game ever and after that i played ALttP which had almost the same overworld. so i hope it will be different in that part.
i have no idea about the big story of all zelda titles but the story of zelda 3ds should be something new like most zelda handheld games did.

so what are your thoughts about the next new zelda handheld game exclusively for 3DS?

3DS code: 4768 - 7434 - 1139 <<>> Miiverse ID: A-C-A-B
Visit Pinewood in Animal Crossing: 7700 - 3096 - 0394 <<>> Nintendo Pocket Football Club: FC Krawall

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Chris720

2. Posted:

I think it's way too early to say really. However, what they've done with OoT 3D (from just the trailers) leaves me absolutely stunned. Also, with StreetPass, I could see maybe a timed dungeon mode... going through the dungeon as quickly as possible. Then SpotPass, download new dungeons, bosses, outfits etc. Online play and not the Phantom Hourglass online, that was shat.

But maybe something like Four Swords, going through the story, dungeons, boss mode etc. together or maybe even a full Link vs. Link deathmatch.

I don't care too much about the story, it just depends where it fits in the timeline and so far, I've found all the story modes pretty much... well epic really.

What Nintendo could do is without limit, the possibilities are pretty much endless with the 3DS' capabilities and I can't wait to see what Ninty does.

Edited on by Chris720

This thread beats all other threads
My Unfinishedloggery of Games | Google+

3DS Friend Code: 2793-0642-9960 | Nintendo Network ID: Chris720 | Twitter: Jirachi720

AuthorMessage
Avatar

6ch6ris6

3. Posted:

i think we will see the first screenshots or even a trailer at E3 2012. but maybe that is wishful thinking^^

3DS code: 4768 - 7434 - 1139 <<>> Miiverse ID: A-C-A-B
Visit Pinewood in Animal Crossing: 7700 - 3096 - 0394 <<>> Nintendo Pocket Football Club: FC Krawall

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Meta-Rift

4. Posted:

6ch6ris6 wrote:

twighlight princess was my first zelda game ever and after that i played ALttP which had almost the same overworld.

After reading this statement multiple times to make sure I wasn't reading it wrong, I went back and forth between the two maps for almost ten minutes, and I still see little to no resemblance. Twilight Princess's overworld was based on Ocarina of Time.

Meta-Rift

AuthorMessage
Avatar

komicturtle

5. Posted:

I'd hope for a Windwaker-style game. I mean, it doesn't have to have an ocean, but I'd like to see Toon Link more often.

Maybe a spiritual sequel to Minish Cap? I really enjoyed that game.

komicturtle

AuthorMessage
Avatar

turtlelink

6. Posted:

A sequel to 4 Swords adventures with 2D sprites, and 3D effects like the GCN one. They could include online multiplayer too.

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

6ch6ris6

7. Posted:

komicturtle92 wrote:

I'd hope for a Windwaker-style game. I mean, it doesn't have to have an ocean, but I'd like to see Toon Link more often..

yeah thats what i want to. omg maybe even a wind waker remake! never played that game but it looks like the best and unique zelda game ever

3DS code: 4768 - 7434 - 1139 <<>> Miiverse ID: A-C-A-B
Visit Pinewood in Animal Crossing: 7700 - 3096 - 0394 <<>> Nintendo Pocket Football Club: FC Krawall

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Meta-Rift

8. Posted:

komicturtle92 wrote:

I'd hope for a Windwaker-style game. I mean, it doesn't have to have an ocean, but I'd like to see Toon Link more often.

Maybe a spiritual sequel to Minish Cap? I really enjoyed that game.

I'd love it if we got a new game with Toon Link, and Majora's Mask returning as the villain. I've always thought it would be great if there was a Wind Waker-esque game taking place on land. Remember the bridge that leads from Hyrule Castle to Ganon's tower? that landscape was so surreal.

Meta-Rift

AuthorMessage
Avatar

kkslider5552000

9. Posted:

Rift wrote:

Twilight Princess's overworld was based on Ocarina of Time.

and Ocarina of Time was based on LTTP. So that almost makes sense. Almost.

I personally want a real Wind Waker sequel. Just Link on a now dead King of the Red Lions, searching with the pirates for a new Hyrule on the sea. Mainly because I want to see more of the pirates! They were awesome in Wind Waker and I want to see more of them, maybe expand on their characters. Maybe have them be helpers in battle or something or even something crazy like some evil magician turns all of the crew into inanimate objects and you need to find a treasure in the dungeons to have them transform into items to use, and they can turn human at will if you beat the boss (and they will help make the pirate ship able to do new things the more pirates you transform back into human) That last idea actually sounds fairly plausible for a Zelda game even.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!: https://www.youtube.com/user/SliderGamer55/videos

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Xiao_Pai

10. Posted:

...I get the feeling it'll be a sequel to Spirit Tracks...either that or a ALttP remake...>_>

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD
Update: Also love Yukari and Mizore from Rosario + Vampire.
Another Update: Also Yuuki...from School Rumble...
Yet Another Update: Also Amber and Xiao Pai from Rune Factory 4.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

6ch6ris6

11. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

I personally want a real Wind Waker sequel. Just Link on a now dead King of the Red Lions, searching with the pirates for a new Hyrule on the sea. Mainly because I want to see more of the pirates! They were awesome in Wind Waker and I want to see more of them, maybe expand on their characters. Maybe have them be helpers in battle or something or even something crazy like some evil magician turns all of the crew into inanimate objects and you need to find a treasure in the dungeons to have them transform into items to use, and they can turn human at will if you beat the boss (and they will help make the pirate ship able to do new things the more pirates you transform back into human) That last idea actually sounds fairly plausible for a Zelda game even.

dude that sounds so awesome. can you start working for nintendo please?

3DS code: 4768 - 7434 - 1139 <<>> Miiverse ID: A-C-A-B
Visit Pinewood in Animal Crossing: 7700 - 3096 - 0394 <<>> Nintendo Pocket Football Club: FC Krawall

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Meta-Rift

12. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Rift wrote:

Twilight Princess's overworld was based on Ocarina of Time.

and Ocarina of Time was based on LTTP. So that almost makes sense. Almost.

But there isn't any resemblance between those two, either. Individual landmarks were based on their counterparts, but the overworld as a whole is completely different. Out of those three games, OoT and TP are the only ones with similar versions of Hyrule.

Meta-Rift

AuthorMessage
Avatar

kkslider5552000

13. Posted:

Rift wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Rift wrote:

Twilight Princess's overworld was based on Ocarina of Time.

and Ocarina of Time was based on LTTP. So that almost makes sense. Almost.

But there isn't any resemblance between those two, either. Individual landmarks were based on their counterparts, but the overworld as a whole is completely different. Out of those three games, OoT and TP are the only ones with similar versions of Hyrule.

that's why I said almost.

and yeah the overworlds don't look the same, but OOT (especially the story) is sort of a remake of LTTP with a couple of Link's Awakening references thrown in for good measure.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!: https://www.youtube.com/user/SliderGamer55/videos

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Tasuki

14. Posted:

komicturtle92 wrote:

I'd hope for a Windwaker-style game. I mean, it doesn't have to have an ocean, but I'd like to see Toon Link more often.

Ok I am probably going to get burned at the stake here but can someone explain to me why toon Link is so popular? I just dont get it I mean it looks like something my 6 year old drew. I could understand if he was done Japanese anime style but Toon Link just looks horrible. Like something out of South Park.

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage
Avatar

crazyj2312

15. Posted:

Toon Link is ok, but if they do make a new game, I want a different Link lol I think the only reason they went with cel shaded on the DS was because it didn't have enough power. But if the 3DS can handle OoT, I'm definitely raising my standards. That being said, I want to see a full 3D version of pink haired Link from ALTTP. The game in question can be sequel or remake lol

3DS Friend Code: 0344-9345-3153
blog
comic blog

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Noire

16. Posted:

Zelda should be the new hero, and Link should be the damsel in distress. Ganondorf, Vaati, and Zant should all be villains until it turns out that Tingle has them all under control and that they are the new Ankle, Knuckle, and David Jr. Then you have to fight each of them in a Tingle costume. After that you gain the Master Frying Pan so that Zelda can go back to the kitchen where she belongs and make Tingle pancakes.

Edited on by Noire

Lieutenant Commander of the Lesbian Love Brigade
There can only be one, like in that foreign movie where there could only be one, and in the end there is only one dude left, because that was the point.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Tasuki

17. Posted:

crazyj2312 wrote:

I want to see a full 3D version of pink haired Link from ALTTP. The game in question can be sequel or remake lol

Was that his hair??? I always thought that was part of his hat.

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage
Avatar

crazyj2312

18. Posted:

MechaPhoenix wrote:

Zelda should be the new hero, and Link should be the damsel in distress. Ganondorf, Vaati, and Zant should all be villains until it turns out that Tingle has them all under control and that they are the new Ankle, Knuckle, and David Jr. Then you have to fight each of them in a Tingle costume. After that you gain the Master Frying Pan so that Zelda can go back to the kitchen where she belongs and make Tingle pancakes.

Yes.

3DS Friend Code: 0344-9345-3153
blog
comic blog

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Meta-Rift

19. Posted:

Tasuki wrote:

crazyj2312 wrote:

I want to see a full 3D version of pink haired Link from ALTTP. The game in question can be sequel or remake lol

Was that his hair??? I always thought that was part of his hat.

It was supposed to be a light brownish color, but they had to make a trade-off due to the SNES's limits.

@kkslider5552000: Maybe I'm missing something here, but I don't understand how it's a remake. ALttP makes it clear that the events of OoT took place a long time ago.

Meta-Rift

AuthorMessage
Avatar

komicturtle

20. Posted:

@Tasuki

I don't know. I just dig Toon Link. His expressions are funny and those games tend to have lots of humor more than a game like OoT or Twilight Princess.

@Rift
I know what you mean. I wished there was more to explore but.. yeah.. I kinda missed the large open fields and grass after sailing on an ocean.

Edited on by komicturtle

komicturtle