3DS Forum

Topic: Zelda: A Link Between Worlds Thread

Showing 981 to 1,000 of 1,000

AuthorMessage

HylianJowi

981. Posted:

I've played through this game three times now. ;_; A lot of people wanted it longer, but I really think it's awesome in quick bursts (it is a portable game, after all)! Nagamatsu Ryo's remixes are brilliant as well. :D

HylianJowi

3DS Friend Code: 3539-9360-6763 | Nintendo Network ID: JowiStinks | Twitter: HylianJowi

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

982. Posted:

I finally started this game.

I'd give my impressions but I don't think I can state anything so far beyond factual information and "yep, it's Zelda, so it's fun". Of course that's because I haven't gotten to the interesting parts of the game at all yet.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!: https://www.youtube.com/user/SliderGamer55/videos

AuthorMessage

Emaan

983. Posted:

Lmao I haven't played this game at all since Christmas of 2013, I've only gotten through like two dungeons.

I really want to get back into it but I keep getting side tracked with other games. Oh well, some day I guess. :o

I believe in make believe~
[20:48] Emaan dances the pikpik emaan;
[20:48] Sensei_PikPik does the pikpik emaan
The Emaaloggery
✰ I'm not really here that often anymore ✰

3DS Friend Code: 0559-6948-0467 | Nintendo Network ID: Emaann

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

984. Posted:

I do think it's a weird mix of old school and new. But because of how stupid to the point of self-parody Skyward Sword was with tutorials, the fairly obvious stuff here isn't that bad. But it is still kind of a "did they really have to show me where that was?" situation. Hope the latter parts don't do that much. Probably also doesn't help that I know where much of these things because of LTTP.

I'm sure this has also been said, but the game looks way better while playing it. They did a really effective job at turning the classic LTTP look into 3d graphics in a way that lesser games would make more boring instead (you already know what games I'm referring to). Also, the wall gimmick is another thing that I didn't get why it was interesting until I started playing with it. Going through the first dungeon and than having it kinda turned on its head at the end was great. Or the dungeon continuing for a little bit after beating the boss for that matter.

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!: https://www.youtube.com/user/SliderGamer55/videos

AuthorMessage

HappyHappyist

985. Posted:

I still think this game can be described as "wasted potential." We had the makings for some of the best dungeons in the series, what with having every single item available from the start, but they didn't do that. Each dungeon is far too simple, and that just ruined the game for me. What makes a zelda game for me is the dungeons, and the ones in this game were not good.

Edited on by HappyHappyist

i am part of a social group interested in uniting the world by painting it blue.
Blue blue.

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

986. Posted:

HappyHappyist wrote:

I

tl;dr

AuthorMessage

KRO

987. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

HappyHappyist wrote:

I

tl;dr

reading sure is a chore, how can he expect anyone to read a whole paragraph? especially when your post just before his was even longer

Edited on by KRO

KRO

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

988. Posted:

KRO wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

HappyHappyist wrote:

I

tl;dr

reading

what's that?

AuthorMessage

Adam

989. Posted:

I am going to go out on a limb here and say the tldr was a joke, possibly indicating he disagreed.

Now help, I am stuck on a tree limb. Call the fire department.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

AuthorMessage

Tops

990. Posted:

Adam wrote:

I am going to go out on a limb here and say the tldr was a joke, possibly indicating he disagreed.

Sorry, they're all busy helping get this derailed tread back on its tracks.

On Topic: I don't think the game was wasted potential. Sure it was easy, but part of that comes from experimenting with a different formula. I think the worst that could happen is they do it again and improve the difficulty curve.

I've said this before but what they could do is have sets of 3 or 4 dungeons that you can go through in any order and then move on to the next set of more difficult dungeons. It gives some freedom while still offering a sense of difficulty progression.

Formerly: LaytonApprentice; TopLaytonsHat

AuthorMessage

HappyHappyist

991. Posted:

TopLaytonsHat wrote:

Adam wrote:

On Topic: I don't think the game was wasted potential. Sure it was easy, but part of that comes from experimenting with a different formula. I think the worst that could happen is they do it again and improve the difficulty curve.

I've said this before but what they could do is have sets of 3 or 4 dungeons that you can go through in any order and then move on to the next set of more difficult dungeons. It gives some freedom while still offering a sense of difficulty progression.

There are parts of the game i did like. I liked the simple combat, the non-linearity, the freedom to buy most items at the beginning of the game. I also liked the action-based dungeon (I believe it was the Thieve's Hideout). I hated almost every other dungeon though, they pretty much ruined the game for me.

As for experimenting, I call BS. It's an experiment, but it's being sold in stores for full price. They had enough confidence to sell it in stores, so It's going to be judged like a full-price game, not an experiment. As a game, they could have done much better. much better.

i am part of a social group interested in uniting the world by painting it blue.
Blue blue.

AuthorMessage

KRO

992. Posted:

Ice dungeon was bretty good

KRO

AuthorMessage

Kevlar44

993. Posted:

I can't believe there are people unsatistfied with this game i thought it was amazing. The dungeons are a little easy as you advance and i do think they should have made it a little less open to increase the difficulty, but that's a minor complaint to a game that had me hooked until i beat it. The wall mechanic and throwback overworld made me very happy with this game, one of my favorite Zelda's ever.

Edited on by Kevlar44

Kevlar44

AuthorMessage

WaLzgi

994. Posted:

HappyHappyist wrote:

TopLaytonsHat wrote:

Adam wrote:

There are parts of the game i did like. I liked the simple combat, the non-linearity, the freedom to buy most items at the beginning of the game. I also liked the action-based dungeon (I believe it was the Thieve's Hideout). I hated almost every other dungeon though, they pretty much ruined the game for me.

As for experimenting, I call BS. It's an experiment, but it's being sold in stores for full price. They had enough confidence to sell it in stores, so It's going to be judged like a full-price game, not an experiment. As a game, they could have done much better. much better.

On the other hand, why would they charge less for an "experiment"?

Nintendo Life moderator and duck.

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

995. Posted:

So I've beaten 5 Lowrule dungeons. My semi-final opinion of the game is that, it's great because Zelda, but it's barely on the same level as LTTP, which was quite frankly probably in the lower half of Zeldas for me. I saw someone (Game Theory?) mention that it was kinda an awkward transition from Zelda 1 to OOT, and I kinda get that in a way. But this game is more an awkward mix of old and new game design. It's mix of non-linear and linear are just...weird to me. It reminds me of a lot of Metroidvanias where it's non-linear but much of the game is actually blatantly linear (when you get somewhere important especially).

It's still quite good though. Probably the most interesting 2D dungeons for me since Minish Cap, but with more challenge. The thing is, the non-linear aspects too frequently feels less about having freedom and more that I just ruined Hilda's speeches when you reach new areas of Lowrule and stuff like that and it's stuff like that that makes me shy away from non-linear stuff when stuff I don't want to happen happens like this. It's hard to describe and certain open world games are frankly way better examples of the problems of non-linear gaming...but considering how the narrative doesn't (as far as I know) change because you did things in a different order, it's just weird. Not bad but weird.

But gameplay wise it's really solid and in a lot of ways improves on LTTP. And the wall gimmick is far more fun and creative than it maybe had any right to be, and seeing parts of LTTP overworld in this more 3D perspective (as in when you're on the wall and the camera changes, not the literal 3D, though that is pretty good) is a really cool experience. I'll also say that more often than not I've been trying to avoid side stuff so that a Hero Mode second quest will be more interesting. And despite the strange complaints I had, it's still extremely solid and anyone who likes LTTP more than me probably needs to own it. Despite how weird it can be, it did perfectly mix being a love letter to that game while also being its own game.

AuthorMessage

dirtymangle

996. Posted:

This was the best Nintendo game in ages, the puzzles and dungeons were really top notch! Hope for a new 2.5D Metroid with the same quality on the 3DS to be announced at E3!

Can you handle the mangle?! DirtyMangle.com

AuthorMessage

Guovssohas

997. Posted:

The only complaint i had with this fantastic game was the difficulty, it's too easy. The puzzles & dungeons were just too simple. Other than that it is a really really good game.

Guovssohas

AuthorMessage

CM30

998. Posted:

Guovssohas wrote:

The only complaint i had with this fantastic game was the difficulty, it's too easy. The puzzles & dungeons were just too simple. Other than that it is a really really good game.

Aren't most modern Zelda games arguably a bit too easy?

It's not really a problem unique to this one. Also, I wouldn't call some of the sidequests easy, like that cucoo dodging game.

Nintendo 3DS Community aka my website
Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!
My 3DS Friend Code: 4983-5165-4189

AuthorMessage

Kewlan

999. Posted:

How to win the Treacherous Tower:

Upgraded Tornado Rod then Great Spin, both which you get from Mother Maiamai.
I barely lost any hearts. ;)

ಠ_ಠ
Waiting for ShadowforSSB4 to take me up to the heavens.

AuthorMessage

GuSolarFlare

1,000. Posted:

Kewlan wrote:

How to win the Treacherous Tower:

Upgraded Tornado Rod then Great Spin, both which you get from Mother Maiamai.
I barely lost any hearts. ;)

upgraded tornado rod is probaly the best weapon for fighting. I beat some really hard Shadow Links using it.

looking forward to Codename S.T.E.A.M.
salty tears tenderize true beef
my Backloggery
my Banner made by Dark-Luigi!
My Galaxy Bio also by Dark-Luigi!
All the lights in the sky are stars
running away from reality is betraying yourself and those who care about you

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF