Forums

Topic: Zelda: A Link Between Worlds Thread

Posts 821 to 840 of 970

Joetherocker

First Zelda I've gotten everything in, mostly because I just loved exploring Hyrule and it wasn't so big that it felt tedious without looking things up. I'm pretty sure it's my third favorite Zelda, with Majora's Mask and Wind Waker in the first and second place spots. I don't particularly care about ease, since none of the post-NES Zeldas I've played have been particularly hard to me (Except for some parts of Link's Awakening and my first time in the water temple) and the game was ridiculously fun anyway, which is all I really care about.

Wild signature appeared!

3DS FC: 4270-1110-7770

GamecubeMan

I really other thought the process of getting the Pegasus Boots.... at one point I jumped off the ledge facing the "Shady Guy" with a Cucco for a good ten minutes.

GCN 3.9
Gamecubeloggery
Forget the Nintendo seal of approval
My

3DS Friend Code: 1934-1104-3407 | Twitter:

Jani-Koblaney

DreamyViridi wrote:

@Gioku - A game doesn't have to be hard to be fun, though. Right? I mean the difficulty increased a bit as the game progressed to a certain extent, and if it's not hard enough for ya... GO GO HERO MODE!

But the thing is, you have to beat it in regular difficulty before you get hero mode. By the time I've done that, I don't feel like replaying the same game.

Never Gonna Give Mew Up!

3DS Friend Code: 1075-1253-2852 | Nintendo Network ID: NJanders

Spoony_Tech

I actually got a streetpass for this game today?? I mean ive had shadow Links in the game before but never a green light for the game. That's a first for me!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

DreamyViridi

@WTV_94 - Fair enough. I've beaten the game and put it back in its game case for now, but you had fun with it, right? Maybe one day, weeks or even months from now, you will feel like playing the game again. And when you do, you can play Hero Mode. That's my intention.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature. Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels /

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

Knux

Just ordered this game off of Amazon, and I can't wait to get my hands on it!

Knux

Tasuki

Yeah!!!!! Beat the ice dungeon which wasn't too bad except for the ice physics getting annoying but I didn't die in it which is a plus. Only thing is though I can see a pillar with a crack in it the kind you use to go back and forth between the two worlds outside of the ice dungeon just to the northwest but I can't see anyway to get to it. Anyone know how to get to it?

Push Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Spoony_Tech

Tasuki wrote:

Yeah!!!!! Beat the ice dungeon which wasn't too bad except for the ice physics getting annoying but I didn't die in it which is a plus. Only thing is though I can see a pillar with a crack in it the kind you use to go back and forth between the two worlds outside of the ice dungeon just to the northwest but I can't see anyway to get to it. Anyone know how to get to it?

You need to find a way to get there through Hyrule.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Tasuki

Spoony_Tech wrote:

Tasuki wrote:

You need to find a way to get there through Hyrule.

Ah ok looks like I have a bit of exploring to do.

Push Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Tsuchinoko

Can i just say really quickly how charming and well arranged the music is? I just started the game (since we got it late in japan), and as soon as i started it i was hooked. I like this acoustic guitar, pseudo-folk theme that a lot of the music has.

I think with just one or two exceptions (looking at you super mario 3d land) the music for recent 3ds games has been amazing.

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

sugarpixel

OK a few questions:
So, I've gotten quite a few StreetPasses for this game, and the Shadow Links have had some "enhancements" that I have not yet found:

• A few have had items that are very similar to mine but do extra things; like one of them had an Ice Rod that hits nine tiles at once... how does one upgrade items...? Do I maybe have to but them all...?
  • ALL of the Shadow Links I've gotten have had two items equipped... how do I do that?
  • One of them had an item I've never seen... it looked like some kind of yellow fruit and acted like a "flash bomb" sort of thing as far as I could tell...

...I am awful when it comes to exploring in these sort of games, so... please forgive me if I missed something obvious!

Twitter | ko-fi | YouTube | Backloggery

Add me on Nintendo Switch! SW-5806-7479-1875

Switch Friend Code: SW-5806-7479-1875 | 3DS Friend Code: 3394-4319-1146 | My Nintendo: FlutterBug | Nintendo Network ID: Fluttershy_Gioku | Twitter:

MeWario

Gioku wrote:

OK a few questions:
So, I've gotten quite a few StreetPasses for this game, and the Shadow Links have had some "enhancements" that I have not yet found:

• A few have had items that are very similar to mine but do extra things; like one of them had an Ice Rod that hits nine tiles at once... how does one upgrade items...? Do I maybe have to but them all...?
  • ALL of the Shadow Links I've gotten have had two items equipped... how do I do that?
  • One of them had an item I've never seen... it looked like some kind of yellow fruit and acted like a "flash bomb" sort of thing as far as I could tell...

...I am awful when it comes to exploring in these sort of games, so... please forgive me if I missed something obvious!

Keep playing, you'll eventually unlock the ability to have two items equipped. Rovio teaches you I believe. You can upgrade all the items in the game but only after you buy the items and first you need to find a cave (door needs to be bombed open) where this giant octopus thing is looking for its babies. Every 10 babiy octopus thingies that you find let's you upgrade an item. That item you've never seen will be unlocked soon enough. It's the only item not available immediately and I don't wanna spoil it for you!

Anyway, such a good game, I'm just sad I've finished it

It's Wario time Yaahhhhhhhhhhhhh!

sugarpixel

@MeWario ooooooooohhhhhh.... I've got a TON of the baby maiamais, I just haven't given any of them to their mom yet!
...silly me...

Switch Friend Code: SW-5806-7479-1875 | 3DS Friend Code: 3394-4319-1146 | My Nintendo: FlutterBug | Nintendo Network ID: Fluttershy_Gioku | Twitter:

KiwiPanda

So, I wasn't planning on really buying or playing this game... but my sister got it for Christmas. Why not?

...Now I'm obsessed Just got the second of the seven sages' painting~

Previously RedPanda.
♭ ~Green is not a creative color~ ♪
SSBB FC- 3998-3139-7405
~
Backloggery
It's severely outdated, but I guess you can look at it if you want. (?)
~
Come visit

3DS Friend Code: 2020-0178-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatRedPandaKid

Stu13

Gioku wrote:

Wait, wait. You've been tackling dungeons in this game without the secondary item pouch? That is... seriously hardcore.

Team Splattershot Jr.
3DS friend code: 5000-2563-9647

Nintendo Network ID: Stu000

Metroidlink

@gioku the second pouch is a place where the baseball minigame is (only in the light world). I must agree with @Stu13, to come so long into the game without the pouch is seriously hardcore and no easy task

Currently playing:
Pokemon X
Bravely Default
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
The metrologgery

3DS Friend Code: 1676-3777-0646 | Nintendo Network ID: Metrolink

sugarpixel

Well s***. I'm at the final boss now, and... I never found a second item pouch!
...I feel special now. :3
...but this might explain why I've had such issues with defeating the bosses on the first try! D:

...since I came this far without it... I'm gonna finish the job without it, too!

Edited on by sugarpixel

FishieFish

Gioku wrote:

...but this might explain why I've had such issues with defeating the bosses on the first try! D:

It counts your deaths y'know.

"No one said you could touch."

-Juice-

There is a second pouch? Crap, I beat the game without even knowing about it.

3DS Friend Code: 0962-9923-0016

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic